• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Drkirby said:
Not sure if it is a bug or intentional, but Gangplank's ult seems to no longer be attributed to him. He doesn't get gold from minions, XP, or Assist/Kills from it.

At least there is an error report on that in the lol boards.

stealth gangplank nerf? I like it.

Achtius

OvO.png

Orianna vs Orianna, Orianna wins.

winnarps

Orianna is SUCH A GREAT CHAMPION.

IF YOU LIKE SAVING PEOPLE AT LOW HP AND CARRYING THEM TO SAFETY.

(sorry for the caps, but that's probably the most satisfying part of her kit, and i had at least 7 saves last game).

2th

Banned
winnarps said:

(sorry for the caps, but that's probably the most satisfying part of her kit, and i had at least 7 saves last game).

unless she builds incredibly squishy and is food for the enemy team.

Achtius

winnarps said:

Karma can do the same, and I can probably do a better job with Karma (still new to Orianna)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
winnarps said:

No one does it better than Janna. Lux is a close second, but my Janna ^_^

Blizzard

Banned
Is there anything at all you can reasonably do against maokai's little tree bomb? I was playing malphite against him on the bottom of the map, and I think literally 9/10 of them hit me for the first few levels until I stopped fighting in that area. There was virtually nothing I could do to avoid them since the other team would slaughter our minions, or just throw the tree bomb behind the minions so I can't dodge it anyway. It follows you into bushes so you can't escape that way either. The result is that malphite would be constantly taking damage and never have the shield up. :(

*edit* Had it not been for mord, we would have TRULY been slaughtered. I even went malphite in an attempt to help do well instead of trying a new champion that round. X(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nothing really. The best you can do is try to stay near minions, then when he tosses it, get back so it targets the minions.

You CAN outrun them, you will likely never do it though. They go pretty darn fast and far.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stay near creeps. They will run to the closest target enemy. They will also explode the moment they touch an enemy unit, not necessarily the one they're following.

Basically you want to draw them into the creeps and make him push his lane when he tries to harass.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fucking fuck. Why are the worst level four and fives with literally no wins in my game? Literally just fuck this, so fucking dumb. Glad we still fought a team of level 30s.

2th

Banned
Ultimoo said:
sounds like a caster to me!

i cannot stand casters that get a tear first. you want mana? get a catalyst. and not be the prime target for a jungler to come gank cause you have 600 health at level 6.

Neki

2th said:
i cannot stand casters that get a tear first. you want mana? get a catalyst. and not be the prime target for a jungler to come gank cause you have 600 health at level 6.
that's why I run ghost/flash so I'm ungankable. and if I get a catalyst, it will delay me getting deathcap. tear - > deathcap makes you deadly. I also like 3 doran ring -> deathcap, that's good too.

2th

Banned
Ultimoo said:
that's why I run ghost/flash so I'm ungankable. and if I get a catalyst, it will delay me getting deathcap. tear - > deathcap makes you deadly. I also like 3 doran ring -> deathcap, that's good too.

until you dont have both up or flash isnt up and an udyr, ww, olaf, nunu, amumu, rammus, malphite, xin, jarvan, etc come out of the jungle with red buff and rape you

Neki

2th said:
until you dont have both up or flash isnt up and an udyr, ww, olaf, nunu, amumu, rammus, malphite, xin, jarvan, etc come out of the jungle with red buff and rape you
wards save lives. and lux is the master of escape. :p

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ultimoo said:
wards save lives. and lux is the master of escape. :p
One, I know you don't buy enough wards. Nor will a ward save you from a tower dive Lux.

And if you are running flash and ghost, you don't have Clair.

Neki

shintoki said:
One, I know you don't buy enough wards. Nor will a ward save you from a tower dive Lux.

And if you are running flash and ghost, you don't have Clair.

I don't even know if we've even played together sir.

Ferga

Drkirby said:
Shurelia is talking about some changes they may do to Karma. Some things that may happen so far are the leash silencing if done with Mantra, doing damage to the targeted champ, and getting a mantra back on kill/assist. Heal should stay the same.

Currently, the changed leash is implemented in the test build, not sure of the other things.

i would definitely start playing Karma seriously if these changes are implemented

just played my first coop vs ai game, it's so easy. next time if i get pissed in normal or ranked, ama just gonna go vs ai and abuse that dumb ai

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like Tear much more on Mana hungry casters. Both Ryze and Veigar need it. Ryze scales off mana, and needs to start growing a tear right away, and Veigar needs to last hit with his Q to farm up his AP.

Ferga

Drkirby said:
I like Tear much more on Mana hungry casters. Both Ryze and Veigar need it. Ryze scales off mana, and needs to start growing a tear right away, and Veigar needs to last hit with his Q to farm up his AP.

veigar does not need tear D:

watching veigars get a tear and hold up their ap burst nuke damage enrages me sometimes

Neki

Drkirby said:
Orianna also needs tear.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ultimoo said:
Orianna also needs tear.
I have not played her, and don't take too close of a look at her build.

Also, while Tear may delay early game AP Nuke, it makes late game nuke more deadly. The extra mana from the tear growing, and the extra Q farm will make the Archangels all the more deadly.

I tend to build veigar right now as Tear -> Boots -> Hexteck Revolver -> lvl 2 shoes ->Rod of Ages -> Will of ancients -> Deathcap -> Archangle's Staff -> Evil Tome

1000 AP veigar crushes puny AP Alistar in an instant.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ultimoo said:
no deathfire grasp in that build makes me a sad veigar.
I could get that instead of the Evil Tome. Sort of new to Veigar. Makes some good sense though.

So it would be stun -> Deathfire -> Ult -> Q -> W, right? Saving the Q and W if the first two kill.

Neki

Boken said:
Orianna doesn't need a tear. Get catalyst and man up and manage your mana properly.

Nekis gonna Neki I guess.

boken doesn't even play orianna, don't listen to him. with full cdr on orianna, you'll be spamming your shit in team fights constantly. catalyst is nice, but it delays your deathcap, which boken always tells me to get on every single ap caster first. so I'm just listening to boken I guess.

boken is gonna boken.

I could get that instead of the Evil Tome. Sort of new to Veigar. Makes some good sense though.

So it would be stun -> Deathfire -> Ult -> Q -> W, right? Saving the Q and W if the first two kill.

I usually rush Deathfire for lolz, but I don't know how competitive that is. Tear - > Deathfire - > Deathcap. Veigar is also getting mean AP from his Q.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
New Kayle is great, she chews through everything with endgame equip and is significantly more deadly in the early game as well. Love the changes.

Keiician said:
New Kayle is great, she chews through everything with endgame equip and is significantly more deadly in the early game as well. Love the changes.

What? She was buffed????? ;)

I love playing her anyway... she just feels right in style and powers.

winnarps

Ultimoo said:
boken doesn't even play orianna, don't listen to him. with full cdr on orianna, you'll be spamming your shit in team fights constantly. catalyst is nice, but it delays your deathcap, which boken always tells me to get on every single ap caster first. so I'm just listening to boken I guess.

boken is gonna boken.

I usually rush Deathfire for lolz, but I don't know how competitive that is. Tear - > Deathfire - > Deathcap. Veigar is also getting mean AP from his Q.

Yeah, I always get Tear with Orianna. Usually by 15 min mark? I'm at CDR boots, 2x doran's ring, 1x tear, 1x philo stone. Sustainability in lane is crazy by then, but at that point I roam.

Might start integrating an early Mejai's. It's been a long, long time since I've had negative KDR. And Orianna is an assist machine at times.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Been playing a few games with Lanewick today, pretty fun rolling people who talk shit as you don't jungle.

EXGN

Macattk15 said:
Holy fuck at not making TF's ult global .... the range feels so fucking short now.

Yah, I played against him yesterday at mid and every time he wanted to gank he had to start moving toward that lane lol. Made it so obvious.

Gonna have to start learning Kog'Maw... and now is the time to start spending IP on runes.

Bring your ghost AND flash for him, haha.

red13th

FlightOfHeaven said:
Gonna have to start learning Kog'Maw... and now is the time to start spending IP on runes.

Great choice! Koggy is my favourite hero.
I usually build him Bloodrazor, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, Malady.

Mothman91

Bought Irelia last night, any recommended builds? I usually go triforce, phantom, and banshees, then the rest depending on what I need. And I found out the hard way that she's pretty squishy in team fights. =/

EXGN

Mothman91 said:
Bought Irelia last night, any recommended builds? I usually go triforce, phantom, and banshees, then the rest depending on what I need. And I found out the hard way that she's pretty squishy in team fights. =/

After you pick up Triforce you probably want to go tanky rather than Phantom. As a melee fighter, Irelia needs some resistances to ensure she doesn't get killed. I would go something like Trinity+Boots>Raduins/Force of Nature/Guardian Angel. If you need more damage, go Atmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom