• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
From five straight wins to eight straight losses :lol

eightstraightlosseslol.jpg

Tried to give the Sivir advice on playing defensively, but didn't take.

IceIpor

Archie said:
I still haven't been able to get the game to work. :/ I've messed around port forwarding, disabling my firewall, and redownloading the game about five times. What's funny is that my old shitty Dell was able to play the game just fine.

What part do you get stuck at?

Halycon said:
So, I have enough points to buy a hero. Question, is AP any good now? I don't think I've pulled of a single AP build yet except with Morgana. I'd like to buy Veigar, who was my favorite back in beta and he's pretty much pure AP stacking.

Edit: Weird, he was only 600-ish yesterday. Do the prices change daily?

AP is still a very viable build for a lot of champions. As long as you have good teamwork and survival instincts, you can dish out a lot of damage and be the determining factor in solo or team battles.

Prices don't change unless they go on sale or something.

bluemax

Banned
thepotatoman said:
I like to play amumu but everyone complains about me every single game. Thing is i have almost 300 games under my belt so you would think my elo is accurate enough to make me go at least 50/50 win loss. Funny thing is i actually have a positive win loss record (170-130). I guess amumu's amazing tanking and team fighting more then makes up for a stupid death here and there, problem is the team only remembers about the stupid death and poor k/d ratio.
I love Amumu. I've carried teams while playing as tank Amumu.

On Flash: if you guys think it is bad now be glad you weren't playing before they nerfed it. There was a big discussion on how to rework it so that it would be used as intended (as an initiation move). In the end Riot went with the simplest nerf that they had proposed. It still sucks but it isn't anywhere near as bad as it was.

I got over 1000 wins on this thing but haven't played a ranked game yet...if you wanna add me name is the same we can get a premade going or something.

IceIpor

Archie said:
The yellow circles keep on spinning indefinitely.

Interesting... Which Operating System? And did you try a direct connection to your computer? (No router, just modem -> Computer Ethernet Port.)

Why are some characters so many more points than others to unlock? My katarina is like 3500ish while Kennen is freaking 6300 yet Evelynn is only 1300 o.o

Azar

EviLore said:
I'm not sure I've played a single match with or against a Sivir who wasn't terrible. She strikes me as an incredibly underpowered champion, or no one knows how to play her effectively.

bluemax

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Why are some characters so many more points than others to unlock? My katarina is like 3500ish while Kennen is freaking 6300 yet Evelynn is only 1300 o.o
The costs used to be logical based on how good riot thought the character was. Lately they've all been 3150 or 6300 which the cynic would say is to maximize profit.

bluemax

Banned
Azar said:
I'm not sure I've played a single match with or against a Sivir who wasn't terrible. She strikes me as an incredibly underpowered champion, or no one knows how to play her effectively.
I haven't seen her played in a long time but she used to be godly at pushing towers on her own.

I purchased her recently but haven't played her yet. Maybe I will tonight.

Edit EviLore don't get too discouraged by the losing streaks. I went through the same thing for awhile. I think it's just an issue with summoner levels and match making. You'll get through it eventually.

Alternatively play more arranged matches!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
IceIpor said:
Interesting... Which Operating System? And did you try a direct connection to your computer? (No router, just modem -> Computer Ethernet Port.)

Win7 64 bit. And I just tried it with a direct connection and no dice.

I know nothing about Silvr since I've only played 2 weeks however out of the 10+ games I've played today pretty much every game each team has someone playing her >.>

JoeFu

Banned
Haha you guys don't know about the cheat code? Up down left right up up down down lets you get in the game if server is busy or down, however if servers really are down the game won't let you log in.

KePoW

Banned
bluemax said:
I haven't seen her played in a long time but she used to be godly at pushing towers on her own.

I purchased her recently but haven't played her yet. Maybe I will tonight.

Sivir is still an excellent farmer/pusher, one of the best. But other than that, she can't really do anything else well.

Definitely feels underpowered when it comes to actual PvP fights.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Huh. Neat. I'm redownloading the game for what I believe is the sixth time. I'll give that code a whirl when I reinstall it.

Leezard

Sanjay said:
Nay. Both these games are still pretty much still what Dota was at its core game-play and the only real difference is how they punish you for bad play, now Demigod would be a evolution of this formula.
I haven't played Demigod, so I can't comment on that. I'd still argue that LoL is an evolution of the DotA formula, if only for added concepts like ability power, armor/magic penetration (instead of the orb effect Stygian Desolator/Harkon's Blade) and cooldown reduction. While it uses most core DotA mechanics, it does bring new stuff to the table instead of making a direct copy like HoN. Even if LoL closely resembles DotA when comparing it to Demigod, it is an evolution when comparing it to HoN.

KePoW said:
Sivir is still an excellent farmer/pusher, one of the best. But other than that, she can't really do anything else well.

She's been one of the best champions since the beta, extremely powerful.

Tetsuo9

KePoW said:

She can be extremely powerfull in team fights, but you need to be skilled with her, you can do a lot of damage with q and w if you position yourself well in the fight. Also with r you can make your team attack or escape.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
EviLore said:

How did the two (Yi and Sivir) who got 0 kills get absolutely no assists (except Yi who got 1 but still)?

They practically just died, it seems like you would have had an easier time 3v5 (which is impossible).

Azar said:

Sivir is not a champion that gets kills, her strength is in lane pushing and she's one of the best outside of Heimerdinger and mordikaiser. Just build her all aura items (starks fervor, aegis of the legion, that spell vamp book) and you're good to go. Her ult along with starks fervor makes her a key element in teamfights.

Sivir USED to be one of the best champs in the game until they nerfed her range. Now it's like 400 range on her autoattk meaning she might as well be melee.

bluemax

Banned
Yeah I just played Sivir, her range didn't feel as good as I remembered which meant I had to get way too close in team fights. And her health has to be among the worst in the game, I don't think I even went over 2000.

I finished something like 10/11/11 after starting 0/6/3. I died so many times to nukes, I kept forgetting to use spell shield.

My build:

Philospher's stone
Infinity Edge
Bersker's Greaves
Wit's End (for the MR)
Stark's Fervor
Guardian Angel (For the armor and mr)

bluemax said:
Yeah I just played Sivir, her range didn't feel as good as I remembered which meant I had to get way too close in team fights. And her health has to be among the worst in the game, I don't think I even went over 2000.

I finished something like 10/11/11 after starting 0/6/3. I died so many times to nukes, I kept forgetting to use spell shield.

My build:

Philospher's stone
Infinity Edge
Bersker's Greaves
Wit's End (for the MR)
Stark's Fervor

Next time, play AP sivir. Enjoy killing everything in sight.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh I didn't realize you guys where playing LoL, I just started a few days ago cause my friend wanted me to play with her :lol Add me if you guys want!

QisTopTierLoL.jpg

Rammus plus the gunner girl = Fun combos :lol

IceIpor

Archie said:
Win7 64 bit. And I just tried it with a direct connection and no dice.

There's three things you could try.

1. Disable all anti-viruses or security software (Microsoft Defender, etc.) and see if it works.

2. Delete your local 'hosts' file located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and reboot.

3. Follow these complicated steps and see if it solves anything.

-Run cmd.exe in admin mode.

-Get into netsh like so:

netsh.jpg

-Then type these commands

set heuristics disabled

set global autotuninglevel=disabled

set global congestionprovider=none

set global ecncapability=disabled

-If it still doesn't work, you could try disabling rss and the tcp offload also.

set global rss=disabled

set global chimney=disabled

In normal circumstances I would recommend the settings as seen in the screenshot above (you could try that too). However, I noticed that sometimes disabling one of these features would help with certain places that refuse to connect with it on. (I'm looking at you ea store and dragon age servers.)

If you want to read what each command does, here's a link that explains a bit.

http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=2574

Tetsuo9

bluemax said:

My build:

Philospher's stone
Infinity Edge
Bersker's Greaves
Wit's End (for the MR)
Stark's Fervor
my sivir build is chalice, zerkers and then stack bloodthirsters.

I used to sivir alot and AD sivir was always better than support aura sivir to me. Here was the build:

d-blade

then lane until you can outright buy

boots
chalice

then rush bloodthirster then last whisper

then a survival item and the game should be over by then

IceIpor

Archie said:
I appreciate the your effort to help me, but none of that worked. Bleh.

Hmm... That sucks. I was hoping at least one of those things would work.

I personally can't fathom any other reason why LoL won't connect or even timeout.

Except for something to do with Internet Explorer... maybe. All I know is whenever LoL crashes for me, it asks me to run IE's debugger.

Jazzy Network said:
So weekend. Who's up for some 5 man premade ranked tomorrow?

I can play if you need a player.

Blackface said:
So whats Master Yi like at higher summoner levels against better opponents?
One of the better melée carries. AP Yi is very strong but requires a good start to get going. You can also build him as a hybrid against teams with heavy armour. Most melée carries are held to the standard of jax though who remains king.

TheHeretic said:
One of the better melée carries. AP Yi is very strong but requires a good start to get going. You can also build him as a hybrid against teams with heavy armour. Most melée carries are held to the standard of jax though who remains king.

My ass, he brings nothing to team fights.

Legato.Reborn- said:
My ass, he brings nothing to team fights.

Different metagame to DotA, he can obtain the Lizard buff quickly and take out weak champions in lanes from level 6, a very important ability that makes Warwick and Shaco very strong at high levels as well. As for teamfights he does pure damage and tries to take out a high profile target, the same role as Warwick.

AP Yi can wipe out an entire team with enough resets from his Ultimate.

TheHeretic said:
Different metagame to DotA, he can obtain the Lizard buff quickly and take out weak champions in lanes from level 6, a very important ability that makes Warwick and Shaco very strong at high levels as well. As for teamfights he does pure damage and tries to take out a high profile target, the same role as Warwick.

AP Yi can wipe out an entire team with enough resets from his Ultimate.

But that's just it, you require kills to do anything. A competent team will keep him CC'd for the entire 3 seconds it takes to kill him.

Legato.Reborn- said:
But that's just it, you require kills to do anything. A competent team will keep him CC'd for the entire 3 seconds it takes to kill him.

The same can be said for every other carry as well. His ult gives him immunities to slows, and having a single champion be such a threat that the enemy team diverts a tonne of CC isn't really an argument against said champion. But that isn't really the case anyway, Fiddlesticks or Kayle for example will be burnt down faster than Master Yi if the enemy team is competent, as they are much greater immediate threats.

He's not high tier but hes good enough. His PvE is strong as is his ganking ability.

eznark

Banned
I know I am jinxing it (since I am in a draft right now) but I have had 3 awesome ranked solo's tonight in a row.

Also just spent riot bucks for the first time on Galactic Nasus skin. I feel dirty

JoeFu

Banned
Just played a ranked game with some buddies, we outleveled the other team summoner wise, so I guess it wasn't fair. We had like 20 kills to their 1. The only reason they got a kill was because my friend jumped on their tower with Panth. I was 5/0/7 with Malzahar, he's one of my favorites I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom