• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pity I couldn't get Silver. But Bronze isn't terribly bad either.

End up with 58% Win, and a 7.6:1 ratio with Janna, Nasus 57% and 3.4:1 ratio, and 52.4% win and 9.6 Ratio on Lux.

Still kind of a pity I didn't realize that if I queue dodge, I lose ELO too. 11 leaves and I'm not going to lie. When I noticed it. I left another during picking just to see if it was true. Maybe I would of had a chance at silver then.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
JunglePlank is pretty fun, still hate that you need specific runes to make certain Junglers work. Pretty fun getting fed and then just killing everything.

bluemax

Banned
Ikuu said:
JunglePlank is pretty fun, still hate that you need specific runes to make certain Junglers work. Pretty fun getting fed and then just killing everything.

I jungle just fine on a ton of characters with the same runes:

9x Armor Pen
9x Armor per Level Yellow
9x MR per Level Blue

I use these with GP, Udyr, WW, Jarvan etc

EXGN

Achtius said:
Just had the most intense game ever. The battle were 70 minutes long. Every non-nexus turrets were broken and the inhibitor were exposed. After a long back and forth, we finally die since we didn't have a carry. Both team have less then desired character (Wukong for us and Eve for theirs), but we just couldn't compete against yi and his annoying backdoor ability.

funfunfun.png

Swain is good, my personal favorite caster :p Gotta ask, though, why AA on Swain? I usually get that on champs that can spam spells (Kass, Karth) so you can max it out quickly. Swain's spells all have rather lengthy CDs (8-10s), are you able to max tear in a decent time?

I always just rush Rabadon's and then go Rylai's (goes really well with his existing slow) and get blue buff for the mana regen.

Achtius

EXGN said:
Swain is good, my personal favorite caster :p Gotta ask, though, why AA on Swain? I usually get that on champs that can spam spells (Kass, Karth) so you can max it out quickly. Swain's spells all have rather lengthy CDs (8-10s), are you able to max tear in a decent time?

I always just rush Rabadon's and then go Rylai's (goes really well with his existing slow) and get blue buff for the mana regen.

I thought I will need the extra mana, so I just get tears first and AA at the end. Not sure if I max it. Maybe i'll try death cap and Rylai next time

Azar

Ryze gets mad at me for "ks a lot" in a bot game so I started teasing him. This led to comedic gold in-game with lines like "u talking me?" "think your a god lol!" and "let me tell you a thing." I think he got really mad when I told him to play more like Annie bot, who had about twice as many kills as him.

trollinryze.png

bluemax

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
What about Quints?

Flat Health quints are pretty much the best for generic jungling.

Ikuu said:
It's more annoying the fact that you need runes at all to jungle.

You really don't. It helps reduce the margin of error/provide a safety net/speed things up.

If you can consistently get that first gank attempt out at level 4 and about 4 minutes or so into the game, then you're already ahead of most low/mid elo junglers. This is why I've largely stopped playing WW as well. He's too slow and his ganking at level 4 just isn't as reliable as a lot of other junglers.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
bluemax said:
Flat Health quints are pretty much the best for generic jungling.
I will contest this. ASPD or AD quints are more useful for jungling than HP quints. Armor yellows are also very important, especially for squishier heroes with or without built in healing. I don't know of any jungle rune page that uses HP quints, but nearly all of them use ASPD or AD.

The main reason is you can't always expect to be able to gank successfully after getting red. If it turns into a jungle farming race, then speed is more important than a smidgen of health.

Boken

Banned
I don't know what you're arguing about but I should've gotten Gangplank over Udyr (more like ohdear right?)

AFAIK, only Amumu really uses HP quints but only because AD/AS/APen doesn't help him that much.

EXGN

Achtius said:
I thought I will need the extra mana, so I just get tears first and AA at the end. Not sure if I max it. Maybe i'll try death cap and Rylai next time

Ah, I forget too that you are a lower level. When I play Swain, I make sure to get mana regen runes/masteries, which help a lot. Still, I would suggest maybe trying Chalice over Tear, that will help your mana regen, cost less and allow you to focus on better AP items. Plus Blue Buff can help a lot too, the only other champion that needs Blue as much as Swain is Annivia.

This was posted a few weeks ago, my build generally goes like this:

gafgonnagaf.png

Neki

Halycon said:
I will contest this. ASPD or AD quints are more useful for jungling than HP quints. Armor yellows are also very important, especially for squishier heroes with or without built in healing. I don't know of any jungle rune page that uses HP quints, but nearly all of them use ASPD or AD.

The main reason is you can't always expect to be able to gank successfully after getting red. If it turns into a jungle farming race, then speed is more important than a smidgen of health.
hence why he said generic jungling. health quints would still be useful on an ap or ad jungle, unlike AD quints which are only useful on ad jungles.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man I just can't catch a break. Have only won like three to five of my last twenty games. Even if I win my lane or do well the other lanes collapse, or someone feeds, or the enemy team is 30s running with a smurf against people in the 20-25 range.

Haly

Ultimoo said:
hence why he said generic jungling. health quints would still be useful on an ap or ad jungle, unlike AD quints which are only useful on ad jungles.
True, I guess.

I wasn't considering AP jungles because Bluemax only listed AD junglers.

bluemax

Banned
Halycon said:

Flat Health quints are better for generic jungling because they make it easier to grab blue at level 1. They're pretty much only useful in making it through those tough first level or two for borderline junglers.

I've seen plenty of guides that recommend almost pure attack speed for someone like WW.

This rune setup is not an optimized set up by any means, its just a generic set that is "Good enough" for non competitive games.

Halycon said:
True, I guess.

I wasn't considering AP jungles because Bluemax only listed AD junglers.

Probably because there's only one AP jungler worth playing and I never play him. I mostly play Udyr/Trundle and sometimes Jarvan right now. I play GP when he isn't banned.

Achtius

EXGN said:
Ah, I forget too that you are a lower level. When I play Swain, I make sure to get mana regen runes/masteries, which help a lot. Still, I would suggest maybe trying Chalice over Tear, that will help your mana regen, cost less and allow you to focus on better AP items. Plus Blue Buff can help a lot too, the only other champion that needs Blue as much as Swain is Annivia.

This was posted a few weeks ago, my build generally goes like this:

[ IMG]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5426/gafgonnagaf.png[/IMG]

what's ur item order?

Goon Boon

Banned
Ladyboy101 said:
Soraka with Mejai's Soulstealer, Tryn with Trinity Force??

man, scrubs are everywhere
Well to be fair, Karthus and Soraka are two heroes who can pull very easy mejai stacks with their global ults.

EXGN

Achtius said:
what's ur item order?

Boots + 3 pots (if I'm solo top) or Doran's Ring (if I'm mid) > Sorc boots + Rabadons > Rylai's > Situational - Banshee's if I need defense and they are a poke heavy team, Abyssal or Zhonya's to itemize against their strongest carry, DFG if I want more damage, etc.

Ladyboy101 said:
Soraka with Mejai's Soulstealer, Tryn with Trinity Force??

man, scrubs are everywhere

mejai's tend to be pretty decent on any support char given the number of assists they usually get and the fact they tend to be lower risk then say a melee carry.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Goon Boon said:
Well to be fair, Karthus and Soraka are two heroes who can pull very easy mejai stacks with their global ults.
Any decent support player should always get Mejai's unless the game is going south early. You'll only die a 2-3 times at most, and normally can keep it at a solid 10-14. Basically its 100AP+ for 1200g as long as you aren't a bad player.

My first loss in 8 games :O.

Leaver center, sadly we were still in it, but not much coordination. So a few people continually kept getting caught... aka face-checking bushing.

First time posting in this thread.

I've been casually dabbling in this game for the past week and a half. So far it seems I'm really into ranged characters and not so much melee, though I liked Trundle the most of the ones I played.

What I want to do right now is pick one hero and try to get good with them. Here's the heroes I played in the order I enjoyed them:

Corki
Teemo
Ryze
Veigar
Ashe
Urgot
Trundle
Heimerdinger
Miss Fortune
Leona
Sion
Nunu
Katarina
Zilean
Malazahar
Jax
Taric
Nasus
Amumu
Shen
Singed

Corki and Teemo were the ones I had my best games with but both of them have characteristics I'm not happy with.

What other heroes should I look into? As in, who else is fun to play and a stronger character worth investing time in? I'm only level 9 right now.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Mister Wilhelm said:
First time posting in this thread.

I've been casually dabbling in this game for the past week and a half. So far it seems I'm really into ranged characters and not so much melee, though I liked Trundle the most of the ones I played.

What I want to do right now is pick one hero and try to get good with them. Here's the heroes I played in the order I enjoyed them:

Corki
Teemo
Ryze
Veigar
Ashe
Urgot
Trundle
Heimerdinger
Miss Fortune
Leona
Sion
Nunu
Katarina
Zilean
Malazahar
Jax
Taric
Nasus
Amumu
Shen
Singed

Corki and Teemo were the ones I had my best games with but both of them have characteristics I'm not happy with.

What other heroes should I look into? As in, who else is fun to play and a stronger character worth investing time in? I'm only level 9 right now.

You should categorize them based on how you wish to play or play currently and then we can give you suggestions on various characters.

LCGeek said:
You should categorize them based on how you wish to play or play currently and then we can give you suggestions on various characters.

I want to play a ranged character that is capable of running over minions when unopposed like Corki but capable of sniping other heroes from a distance like Teemo.

Ryze I liked a lot because of how good he is at this, same thing with Veigar but I tend to like characters with a physical attack more so I don't end up having to wait for mana to do big damage.

I don't like playing tanks or healers that much.

Ferga

Does anyone have a champ who wins pretty much every time they play that champ?

Mine are jarvan, xin and trynd now

Pretty hard to lose when i play one of these 3 unless the other team has a ton of ccs

Achtius

EXGN said:
Boots + 3 pots (if I'm solo top) or Doran's Ring (if I'm mid) > Sorc boots + Rabadons > Rylai's > Situational - Banshee's if I need defense and they are a poke heavy team, Abyssal or Zhonya's to itemize against their strongest carry, DFG if I want more damage, etc.

Alright, I'll try that. But just had two epic games with Swain

Lost this one:
Swain_Lost.png

Our carry wasn't that good, and theirs was so we struggle to win. But was still close. Irelia got like crazy mDef and i didn't realize it until too late. and what is lame is that when I use laser bird and nevermore, she was still somehow able to move and killed me. I can literally see the talon on her but she actually moved and killed me . fml

Won this one:
Swain_win.png

Their Sivir rage quit, but their shaco was like insanely powerful - it was literally 2 hit ko with his clone. Only when Leblanc was able to silence him do we had a chance against him. and lol I am using ungraded boots. XD

been a while since i got to play lol, tryn's been my main man since I started, the patch changed him quite a bit. Finding that ~70-75% crit is perfect for end game game since rage at 65-70 (which seems to be pretty easy to obtain and hold at later levels) will max you out on the crit, gonna try throwing in the rage-blade to see how much the ap benefits him. Otherwise I'll be stacking some flat defensive items.

Spirit visage seems like another good option given that it now effects life steal, and a faster q and ult will benefit him greatly.

EXGN

Achtius said:
Our carry wasn't that good, and theirs was so we struggle to win. But was still close. Irelia got like crazy mDef and i didn't realize it until too late. and what is lame is that when I use laser bird and nevermore, she was still somehow able to move and killed me. I can literally see the talon on her but she actually moved and killed me . fml

Was probably a case of you hitting her with Nevermove when Banshee's was up. Plus, with her item build, she had +20 percent MS + Shurelias, so even if you hit her with bird, her move speed was prob upward of 400. Plus she has her jump - Irelia is just a tough character to get away from.

Anyways, played my first game with Corki, I like. Started off kinda bad, went like 1/2 at first but eventually I got adjusted to him and went on an 8-kill streak.

Home

Looks like riots preparing to announce a new game mode and graphic update tomorrow:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...you_google_search_league_of_legends_dominion/

There's a link in the comments to an IRC chat which hasn't been confirmed as real or not, but I'll post a bit of it:

[09:08:57] <VonGuard> dominion is a 5-capture point map, in a circle, with two real lanes and a central "jungle" with no npcs
[09:10:10] <VonGuard> big circle, 5 capture points
[09:10:59] <VonGuard> new items in new map

There's more at the link above, I guess we'll find out tomorrow if it's true or not.

2th

Banned
Home said:
Looks like riots preparing to announce a new game mode and graphic update tomorrow:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...you_google_search_league_of_legends_dominion/

There's a link in the comments to an IRC chat which hasn't been confirmed as real or not, but I'll post a bit of it:

[09:08:57] <VonGuard> dominion is a 5-capture point map, in a circle, with two real lanes and a central "jungle" with no npcs
[09:10:10] <VonGuard> big circle, 5 capture points
[09:10:59] <VonGuard> new items in new map

There's more at the link above, I guess we'll find out tomorrow if it's true or not.

would be interesting. i look forward to project shiny. though honestly i just want magma chamber.

Blackface

Banned
There was also a link to mmorpg.com article about it. They took it down quickly.

If the huge announcement that they are hyping. Is really a new game-play style/map that we can't play for almost half a year. That would be a complete joke.

Haly

Watch it come out before Magma Chamber.

Swig_

So, we will see it in the next few years?

I don't think they've released any major new content other than expensive champs since I've been playing. We've known about project shiny, replays and magma chamber for quite some time.

Although, I guess with DOTA2 coming up, they might have to actually do something other than release champs that cost 6300.

If that's true, that would be so ridiculously smart of Riot. New game mode to further distance themselves. Plus, I would come back and play it.

FlightOfHeaven said:

Looks like I fed pretty badly in most of those games. Sorry that you had to put up with that.

I tried out Tryndamere today, figured it would be pretty easy with the help of a guide.

.... Didn't turn out as I had planned. Got laned against a Tryndamere who was just plain better. Knowing what abilities and items he had, I couldn't really make a move as I knew he would win a fight if I initiated (ended up killing me a few times anyways). He basically snowballed after that.

Was frustrating to say the least.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The new game mode sounds great. There is alot of potential in the genre outside of the standard DotA mode and I'm glad Riot are trying to expand their horizons.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Sounds alright, might be fun for a few games, but I can't see it being anything more than something to play when you want something a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom