• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2th

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
Played my first PVP game tonight as opposed to bots. I did better than I expected considering we lost. The Poppy on our team was awesome, though. We got so many kills together.

I'm level 10 now. Not looking forward to buying all those runes.

firstlolgame.jpg
other team had pretty much zero Magic Resist and almost no hard CC. Makes perfect sense why she cleaned up on them. also they were all incredibly squishy. that is just like tempting fate right there.

2th said:
other team had pretty much zero Magic Resist and almost no hard CC. Makes perfect sense why she cleaned up on them. also they were all incredibly squishy. that is just like tempting fate right there.

I hope one day I develop the LOL knowledge to fully understand this explanation.

I don't know most of the heroes or the items and how they work yet.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Neutrality said:
I'm afraid to play with gaffers because I don't want someone I look up to to be someone whom I've had it out with in-game...
Why would you look up to anyone from LoLGAF?

None of us are that good.

2th

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
I hope one day I develop the LOL knowledge to fully understand this explanation.

I don't know most of the heroes or the items and how they work yet.

the quick break down: poppy has 2 offensive abilities, devastating blow and heroic charge, both of when benefit from ability power. With devastating blow having a somewhat short cooldown and able to do massive damage thanks to the proc from Lichbane which adds on the total amount of AP you have to your next physical attack.

Also the other team had a total of 3 itmes with Magic resist. Guardian angel on Master Yi. Mercury treads and chalice of harmony on Miss Fortune. the teemo had a frozen mallet for some decent health and the jax gets health from AP and AD anyways so he was naturally beefy but that doesnt really help vs poppy when her Q (devastating blow) does extra damage based on the enemies max health so stacking health is never a wise move vs a poppy unless you get some serious magic resist.

Ultimoo said:
you've never played with 2th obviously.
well i am probably the best jungler on GAF. it is what i do 99% of the time.

Achtius

AP_Power.png

I couldn't believe we won this game. Our team consist of nothing but APs. If the game drag on, we know we will lose (it was 20 minute or nothing) so we just play aggressively in the beginning and somehow we won. Annie and I were on the bottom lane, Jax and Sion didn't stand a chance after we stun/root them and spam whatever we have in our arsenal.

And I am completely surprise they didn't get any form of mdef .

and their Sion is level 30....

2th

Banned
Halycon said:
Definitely haven't, don't even know his LoL name :3

I typically rage pretty hard because I expect people to use their brains. I am disappointed constantly.

Oh and ign is SweetTooth. Im in the gaf channel a lot.

Haly

No AA staff?

Who are you and what did you do with Neki?

:)p)

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone have any tips for dealing with Caitlyn's traps mid? She not only has that super long range shot, but the traps aren't set off by minions or Tibbers, they apparently last minutes, and they hit you even if your character is a foot or two outside the animation. :(

Haly

They're static and obvious.

Don't touch them?

Haly

Lol Nasus jungling.

0/8/25 is NOT a good Soraka score wtf.

Blizzard

Banned
Halycon said:
They're static and obvious.

Don't touch them?
That what I was saying, you don't HAVE to touch them. She can spread them all the way across the mid, and even if you go within a few feet of them, without touching them, they'll go off (at least with Annie's animations).

Also, I just played some bot games to try Master Yi and attempt to solo Baron. Even with a guide that was all "solo baron with no problem", I couldn't do it -- I had malady, bloodthirster, stark's, phantom dancer, bloodthirster, infinity edge, and smite. I moved around him in a circle to avoid the explosions but still got owned. Any advice?

Neki

Blizzard said:
That what I was saying, you don't HAVE to touch them. She can spread them all the way across the mid, and even if you go within a few feet of them, without touching them, they'll go off (at least with Annie's animations).

Also, I just played some bot games to try Master Yi and attempt to solo Baron. Even with a guide that was all "solo baron with no problem", I couldn't do it -- I had malady, bloodthirster, stark's, phantom dancer, bloodthirster, infinity edge, and smite. I moved around him in a circle to avoid the explosions but still got owned. Any advice?

no madreds or wriggles?

fail solo baron build is fail.

Blizzard

Banned
Ultimoo said:
no madreds or wriggles?

fail solo baron build is fail.
The first time around I had madred's bloodrazor, wriggles, and I think four phantom dancers. Failed horribly. Then I tried madred's bloodrazor, wriggles, I think two phantom dancers, black cleaver, and maybe something else to help with damage (not sure if I tried bloodthirster). Still failed.

Do you have any good solo baron yi suggestions?

Blizzard

Banned
shintoki said:
The only Yi is Warmongers Yi.
Maybe I'm not being clear enough. I am seriously asking for full item set, and/or attack sequence advice for soloing Baron with Master Yi. :p It is obviously possible, and sometimes happens on youtube videos, but so far I have not found a build that works. Maybe I'm just moving too quickly or not moving around him enough?

Blizzard said:

Don't get close to them. At all. My problem with Cait traps in mid is that they rarely catch anyone. A good Cait will set them up so they limit your range of movement in mid, not so that you'll get caught. The only reason you should get caught is because she set them in a bush.
Interficium said:
Anybody see this shit?
I LOL'd legitimately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwzsXR4sM_Y

Hilarious! I laughed heartily.

Neki

Blizzard said:
The first time around I had madred's bloodrazor, wriggles, and I think four phantom dancers. Failed horribly. Then I tried madred's bloodrazor, wriggles, I think two phantom dancers, black cleaver, and maybe something else to help with damage (not sure if I tried bloodthirster). Still failed.

Do you have any good solo baron yi suggestions?

madreds bloodrazor, wriggles, infinity edge, bloodthrister is all I needed, plus a red buff + green crit pot. I also didn't use my ult, so you may even get away with less maybe. I think madreds + wriggles is vital on almost any solo baron attempt. you probably didn't have enough lifesteal.

Swig_

Interficium said:
Anybody see this shit?

I LOL'd legitimately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwzsXR4sM_Y

Reminds me of when my friend and I played WoW at work. We were high level and found some lower level guy and just feared/rooted/cycloned him over and over and over for probably 20 min. Poor guy couldn't do anything except take it. We finally got bored and left him alone without ever killing him.

Haly

Blizzard said:
Most solo baron guides are out of date, since the relatively recent changes that made Baron and Dragon group efforts. Whenever you look up a guide for anything make sure to check the date posted to see if it's recent enough to be worthwhile.

Of course Yi can solo Dragon no problem thanks to his ult.

(Also you need some armor)

2th

Banned
Halycon said:
Lol Nasus jungling.

0/8/25 is NOT a good Soraka score wtf.

actually it is a very respectable score for a soraka. she should honestly never be getting kills.

Blizzard said:
Maybe I'm not being clear enough. I am seriously asking for full item set, and/or attack sequence advice for soloing Baron with Master Yi. :p It is obviously possible, and sometimes happens on youtube videos, but so far I have not found a build that works. Maybe I'm just moving too quickly or not moving around him enough?

madreds bloodrazor, starks. pretty much all you need. if you want a full itemset that will legitimately let you solo him with zero problems try, bloodrazor, starks, bloodrthirster, phantom dancer, and infinity edge. if you cannot solo baron with that you are doing it wrong. you should have 50% crit chance, 2.5 AS when you ult and 300+ AD with Wuju style. all that on top of doing 4% of barons max health per hit, and something like 30% lifesteal.

Blizzard

Banned
2th said:
actually it is a very respectable score for a soraka. she should honestly never be getting kills.

madreds bloodrazor, starks. pretty much all you need. if you want a full itemset that will legitimately let you solo him with zero problems try, bloodrazor, starks, bloodrthirster, phantom dancer, and infinity edge. if you cannot solo baron with that you are doing it wrong. you should have 50% crit chance, 2.5 AS when you ult and 300+ AD with Wuju style. all that on top of doing 4% of barons max health per hit, and something like 30% lifesteal.
Well I'm missing something incredibly obvious, considering I literally had starks, two bloodthirsters, phantom dancer, infinity edge, and malady. I didn't have bloodrazor that time.

So, thue conclusion is that I'm doing it wrong, which is why I'm asking, what obvious thing am I missing? I used smite, I think I had the ult going, and hopefully wuju style, I did normal hits, then moved 90 degrees after I get hit, then kept hitting, since someone told me that Baron gets some sort of stack bonus if you stand in the same place.

I didn't have any armor though.

Haly

2th said:
I was focusing on the 8 deaths.

2th

Banned
Blizzard said:
Well I'm missing something incredibly obvious, considering I literally had starks, two bloodthirsters, phantom dancer, infinity edge, and malady. I didn't have bloodrazor that time.

So, thue conclusion is that I'm doing it wrong, which is why I'm asking, what obvious thing am I missing? I used smite, I think I had the ult going, and hopefully wuju style, I did normal hits, then moved 90 degrees after I get hit, then kept hitting, since someone told me that Baron gets some sort of stack bonus if you stand in the same place.

malady is magic damage these day remember that... and you really need the proc from bloodrazor for that 500 extra damage. anyways ill run this build and see if i can do baron solo in a practice game. going ro un my armor pen runes though so we shall see.

Blizzard

Banned
2th said:
malady is magic damage these day remember that... and you really need the proc from bloodrazor for that 500 extra damage. anyways ill run this build and see if i can do baron solo in a practice game. going ro un my armor pen runes though so we shall see.
D'oh, I must not have noticed the magic damage part of it (it was from a guide). Thanks for taking the trouble to check! I realize solo Baron may not be realistic for most PVP games, but I wanted to know how to do it in a bot game at least. :p I'm also level 19 so I don't have full masteries up.

Neki

shintoki said:
Did we switch chat channels or something? I'm never seeing anyone on anymore
me and uchip are always in neogaf.

if you ever need someone to lecture you, there's always boken in there too. :p

Neki

Blizzard said:

I just sat there and tanked it, but I was level 18 and I have a full rune set. but that shouldn't matter that much.

Haly

Without Bloodrazor:
ij7YzK.png

Masteries
21/0/9

Runes
-5.69 CD
14% AS
13 Armor
12 Arpen

I think if you wanted to do this without runes you will need one more item, probably Youmuu, and a green pot to account for masteries. I actually got him down to 10% on an earlier try but I wasn't moving so I was probably taking extra damage than necessary.

Gonna see how soon I can do it with Bloodrazor.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Bloodthirster had 0 stacks.

2th

Banned
Just did it with ease: bloodrazor, full bloodthirster, starks, Infintiy Edge, phantom dancer.
359 AD, 1.968 AS WITHOUT ULT OR WUJU STYLE
394 AD, 2.500 AD with ULT and Wuju style
57% Crit chance.

399 AD with baron buff
434 with Baron and wuju style

just dicked around for 40 minutes with almost 700 CS for the lols. I could have baroned with jut the bloodrazor and starks more than likely but meh was amusing.

Haly

Trying to do it with Wriggles, Bloodrazor, Youmuu, Zerker and Green Potion and a lot of attack move.

It's odd, I got him down to 10% on my first try, but on my second try after getting Youmuus, I couldn't even get him to 30%.

Blizzard

Banned
2th said:
Just did it with ease: bloodrazor, full bloodthirster, starks, Infintiy Edge, phantom dancer.
359 AD, 1.968 AS WITHOUT ULT OR WUJU STYLE
394 AD, 2.500 AD with ULT and Wuju style
57% Crit chance.

399 AD with baron buff
434 with Baron and wuju style

just dicked around for 40 minutes with almost 700 CS for the lols. I could have baroned with jut the bloodrazor and starks more than likely but meh was amusing.
Maybe my problem was that I didn't have the bloodthirster(s) full. I'll have to try tomorrow with comparable attack, thanks.

Swig_

I miss tanky gragas. It seems the only way to play him anymore is AP or Hybrid. Tanky gragas was one of my favorite champs/builds ever. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom