• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2th said:
the quick break down: poppy has 2 offensive abilities, devastating blow and heroic charge, both of when benefit from ability power. With devastating blow having a somewhat short cooldown and able to do massive damage thanks to the proc from Lichbane which adds on the total amount of AP you have to your next physical attack.

Also the other team had a total of 3 itmes with Magic resist. Guardian angel on Master Yi. Mercury treads and chalice of harmony on Miss Fortune. the teemo had a frozen mallet for some decent health and the jax gets health from AP and AD anyways so he was naturally beefy but that doesnt really help vs poppy when her Q (devastating blow) does extra damage based on the enemies max health so stacking health is never a wise move vs a poppy unless you get some serious magic resist.

Thanks for the explanation.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did some testing using Bloodrazor:

Baron Nashor
HP: 10677
MR: 70 (41%)

Going by just these numbers, Bloodrazor should deal 252 (427 before MR) damage per hit. However, I was only getting 73 damage per hit, meaning that there is probably a creep-specific hardcap on the bonus damage from Bloodrazor, as there is for other percentage based attacks like Poppy's Devastating Blow or Vayne's Silver Bolts.

Assuming MR is applied after the hardcap, then the max damage Bloodrazor's passive will deal against a creep is 123 damage. In other words, Bloodrazor treats Baron Nashor as though it had 3075 health. For purposes of soloing Baron, IE + AD items might be better than Bloodrazor, because you don't heal off of the bonus 4%, nor does it scale with ARpen and Crit.

Neki

Halycon said:

Baron Nashor

Going by just these numbers, Bloodrazor should deal 252 (427 before MR) damage per hit. However, I was only getting 73 damage per hit, meaning that there is probably a creep-specific hardcap on the bonus damage from Bloodrazor, as there is for other percentage based attacks like Poppy's Devastating Blow or Vayne's Silver Bolts.

Assuming MR is applied after the hardcap, then the max damage Bloodrazor's passive will deal against a creep is 123 damage. In other words, Bloodrazor treats Baron Nashor as though it had 3075 health. For purposes of soloing Baron, IE + AD items might be better than Bloodrazor, because you don't heal off of the bonus 4%, nor does it scale with ARpen and Crit.

V1.0.0.70:
Madred's Razor:

Proc damage cap against monsters reduced to 120, from 180.
Proc damage cap against champions removed (used to be 180).

:p

LCGeek

formerly sane
ssown0024.jpg

This teem was feeding us bad to do crappy matchmaking and having ferrio/gampo. At one point it literally felt like playing vs bots due to how bad they got melted. The penta kill took less than 15 seconds to do.

2th

Banned
Halycon said:

Baron Nashor

remember that baron has a debuff that reduced your damage by i think half too. so while i was fighting baron with all that shit i really only had 174 AD or something

Kozak

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
Played my first PVP game tonight as opposed to bots. I did better than I expected considering we lost. The Poppy on our team was awesome, though. We got so many kills together.

I'm level 10 now. Not looking forward to buying all those runes.

firstlolgame.jpg

Can we go back to this for a moment..

WTF AT ALISTAR

At that level he probably thought his build was viable too.

Blizzard

Banned
2th said:
remember that baron has a debuff that reduced your damage by i think half too. so while i was fighting baron with all that shit i really only had 174 AD or something
One other thing occurred to me. Does baron scale with time as the game goes on? Two game mechanics I don't understand are how respawn times increase (with level? #times dead? game time? combination), and how minion toughness increases (scales to an extent with game time I think someone said).

I might have taken too long to get the 6-item build I was going for.

Jagxyz

Blizzard said:
One other thing occurred to me. Does baron scale with time as the game goes on? Two game mechanics I don't understand are how respawn times increase (with level? #times dead? game time? combination), and how minion toughness increases (scales to an extent with game time I think someone said).

I might have taken too long to get the 6-item build I was going for.

Death timer scales with your level only, and creeps / baron do become stronger as the game goes on.

Haly

2th said:
It's only physical damage I believe.

I was doing 70 + 73 damage per hit. And after getting the debuff I was only doing 34 + 73 damage per hit.

Also Baron's HP scales, but his other stats stay the same.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Starting to really love Kayle. 255 minions (most by almost 100 on either team)/5 building. 5 kill/10 death but was a hard fought game and did a bunch of healing.

Got to the end with extra cash and no item slots though :( was not sure what to do never had that happen.

Haly

Buy 3 potions. And buy oracles just for kicks.

Or sell your boots and put another end-game item in its place.

Haly

When your item slots are filled, buying a potion/oracle auto applies it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So much shit popping up on those Dominion screens, always thought MOBAs needed more going on.

I get it. Gotta have srs bsns and summoner's rift all the time. But damn I'd love to play other modes/maps with the same control scheme (micro manage 1 player RTS)

so i'm hyped for dominion

Ultimoo said:
100 damage is still 100 damage. :p better than most things you can get against baron.
/facepalm

and you put a better post immediately after his, whereas I saw a quote of it and replied to that 10+ posts later

Blackface

Banned
shintoki said:
Never got a Penta

But I deserve it. Lux-cellent.

2hx7mtj.jpg

I would trade the penta for some wins. No matter what I do as Poppy, lately my team has been so stupid we are losing. Last game I was 16-6-13. There entire team couldn't do much to me. So what does my team do? Charge into them two at a time, no waiting for anyone to group. Getting wiped out and losing us the game.

The game before that, we had a fed Tyrnd. His ego got so big he thought he could solo the team. Instead of winning when we could, he wanted to keep farming. Then, when he was done. He charges into their base, gets stopped, killed, gets our annie killed. Then, with the rest ofd the team mid, the other team push's and wins.

Love lol, hate how one or two bad people can ruin an entire game.

Blackface said:
I would trade the penta for some wins. No matter what I do as Poppy, lately my team has been so stupid we are losing. Last game I was 16-6-13. There entire team couldn't do much to me. So what does my team do? Charge into them two at a time, no waiting for anyone to group. Getting wiped out and losing us the game.

The game before that, we had a fed Tyrnd. His ego got so big he thought he could solo the team. Instead of winning when we could, he wanted to keep farming. Then, when he was done. He charges into their base, gets stopped, killed, gets our annie killed. Then, with the rest ofd the team mid, the other team push's and wins.

Love lol, hate how one or two bad people can ruin an entire game.

It's a crapshoot, basically.

Neki

I wonder how effective tanks with long CDs will be in Dominion. It seems like tanky DPS and assassins are going to rule Dominion, just like how they rule Summoner's Rift, amirite?

Haly

I think Dominion will heavily favor roamers.

Noc might as well have a global ult in Dominion.

Legato.Reborn- said:
Dominion footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuukCxPpMA&feature=player_embedded

I SEE YOU PLAYING THERE RAYVEN!

(is it fun?)

looks really sweet, it's fun to see just what goes on behind the scenes, their maya shelf looks pretty pimped out when they showed the show of xin's rig controls.

i really can't wait to play this. it looks like they added some new items to the mix, i see caitlyn and nidalee have one or two new items here and there.

2th

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I wonder how effective tanks with long CDs will be in Dominion. It seems like tanky DPS and assassins are going to rule Dominion, just like how they rule Summoner's Rift, amirite?

WW, Udyr, Olaf, Lee Sin, Nocturn, Nasus, Renekton, Akali, Shaco, Heimer, Teemo, Shen, TF, Pantheon, Twitch, Ez, Kass, Mundo, Ali, Gragas. These are the people i see as being truly beastly in Dominion. Beefy and mobile, wards/turrets/little things that explode or go pew pew, essentially global ults, highly mobile, and beefy/disruptive with self heals. Could throw nidalee in there but we shall see. i am curious how well healers will be in in considering there will be low respawn times.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Mothman91 said:
I've seen too many of you guys play Lux and get a perfect game. I'm about to buy this hoe.
Probably best wait until she's on rotation, unless you have plenty of IP to burn.

Diglet

Neo Member
Hey guys haven't posted in a while, but im always in the chat group.
Anyway looking forward to dominion because there is no passive laning phase and the matches are 10-20 minutes long.
I love playing singed and farming all game. Then after a bit I am able to run around the map ignoring everyone spreading my poison and never dieing. It's really quite enjoyable.

Kozak said:
Can we go back to this for a moment..

WTF AT ALISTAR

At that level he probably thought his build was viable too.

He was a horrible, horrible player. I don't think he had a clue what he was doing, and this is coming from a serious LOL noob.

RS4-

Well, decided to jump back in after not having played DOTA in nearly two years and just finishing up my first LOL game a few mins ago with a win.

Took some getting used to by always being in control of your char and not being able to deny creeps.

summoner name: tewwible

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ikuu said:
Probably best wait until she's on rotation, unless you have plenty of IP to burn.
Lux hasn't been in the rotation since late March.

Although I guess statistically the odds of her showing up in the next few weeks is probably pretty high then.

2th said:
WW, Udyr, Olaf, Lee Sin, Nocturn, Nasus, Renekton, Akali, Shaco, Heimer, Teemo, Shen, TF, Pantheon, Twitch, Ez, Kass, Mundo, Ali, Gragas. These are the people i see as being truly beastly in Dominion. Beefy and mobile, wards/turrets/little things that explode or go pew pew, essentially global ults, highly mobile, and beefy/disruptive with self heals. Could throw nidalee in there but we shall see. i am curious how well healers will be in in considering there will be low respawn times.
Lux. Oh you're trying to cap? You have to stand still? LASER. Same deal with Sivir I guess. Since you gotta stand still you can hit with that boomerang blade.

Haly

I don't think Sivir will be that strong. She's not very good at 1v1s, and she melts under group pressure.

The big players will be the ones that are self sustaining, those that have lots of group control, those with high range spells and those with high mobility.

Think of this as Arathi Basin with LoL champions. If no one had mounts, who would dominate? Shamans and Druids for one, due to their travel forms. Affliclocks and Retadins, since they can keep going forever. Frost mages and hunters can kite all day.

2th

Banned
Owlowiscious said:
Lux. Oh you're trying to cap? You have to stand still? LASER. Same deal with Sivir I guess. Since you gotta stand still you can hit with that boomerang blade.

meh lux has a much shorter range so i dont know. plus her lack of mobility and beefiness is something i think will hurt her.

as for sivir... yeah no. range on boomerang blade is tiny. only long range spells that might be amazing are rocket grab, bandage toss, and nidalees spear.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Halycon said:
I don't think Sivir will be that strong. She's not very good at 1v1s, and she melts under group pressure.

The big players will be the ones that are self sustaining, those that have lots of group control, those with high range spells and those with high mobility.

Think of this as Arathi Basin with LoL champions. If no one had mounts, who would dominate? Shamans and Druids for one, due to their travel forms. Affliclocks and Retadins, since they can keep going forever. Frost mages and hunters can kite all day.
Sivir needs a lot of farm. If the games are quicker, I don't expect it. I could see this hurting ones like Nasus too. Who need that solo lane to become a dominate force.

The classes that excel at this will be Strong DPS and Tanky DPS. Since games are quicker too, characters with strong starting burst will be great. While ones who take a bit to mature may not. Morde and Garen found their perfect mode, heh

Nasus might be superfucked on Dominion. There's no constantly spawning waves of creeps, IIRC, so there's no way for him to power up his Q. Same with Veigar, but he can at least rely on items to power up his damage. As far as farm, they said you get bigger items a lot sooner in Dominion, so it might not be a huge issue if a character needs them to be effective.

Blizzard

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
I have yet to play this game. Every single time I try to log in I get stuck with 2 hour wait times. What kind of shit is this?
Euro server? I haven't had a login queue in probably weeks.

LuchaShaq

Banned
NO idea who I'm going to use in dominion.

Usually use Kaylee and kill 250-300 minions in a 5v5 game and stay slightly above 1 k/d ratio with a bunch of healing.

Without so the nonstop minions in the new mode I'm at a bit of a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom