• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Looks good, my first impressions of him being a Sand King ripoff were wrong I guess (although yeah, that was clear since they've posted his skills).

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Azar said:
They hyped the hell out of Leona, Wukong and Skarner. No way they were going to cost less than 6300.

The last time a 3150 champ came out was in February. It has been nearly 2 months since the last 4800 one.

I get that Riot needs to make money, but it is obnoxious that every character coming out is 6300.

Macattk15 said:
Original ult idea on Skarner.

Batrider

Artanisix

Macattk15 said:
Original ult idea on Skarner.

Batrider in DOTA did this a long time ago. Still great to see it in League though.

They should make Skarmer scream THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEAANS when he uses his ult, just for complete effect.

Blizzard

Banned
Owl, why do you have a sock on your head now? :p

Nasus and Kennen already seemed really strong. I hate to think what they're like now, plus the buff to Tryndamere.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Anyone get the tristana facebook nonsense to work? I "liked" their page but it says I haven't on the lol site

Anyone else get login ques before? Never had one before today.

Youtube comment with 140 upvotes from the Skarner spotlight:

February 1 - Karma: 3150 February 5 - Riot Games boughtd by Tencent February 16 - Average IP earned per time played reduced by 30% due to new IP system. February 16 - Maokai: 6300 March 1 - Jarvan IV: 4800 March 16 - Nocturne: 6300 April 1 - Lee Sin: 6300 April 12 - Brand: 6300 April 26 - Rumble: 4800 May 10 - Vayne: 6300 June 1 - Orianna: 4800 June 22 - Yorick: 6300 July 13 - Leona: 6300 July 26 - Wukong: 6300 August 9 - Skarner: 6300 Thumbs this to the top so we can expose this BS

lol this is horrible. 4 damn 6300s in a row, fuck me up the ass. There's no way they'd do 5 in a row, is there? I just can't see that happening.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The pricing situation wouldn't be so bad if 1) Riot was upfront about every new champ coming out at 6300 and 2) they lowered the champ's price one tier every 3-4 months. (I.E. Skarner would be 6300 today, 4800 in November, 3150 in February, and so forth until it hits a floor of 450 IP.)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You know they'll particularly blow themselves the next time they release a 3150 champion... just to say, "Its not on purpose!"

Notice how they never given a boost since than either? I think I got about a half dozen free boosts in my first 6 months. Now? Bleh.

2th

Banned
skarner is UP as hell. his ult is weak in terms of the length... 1.5 seconds is meh and at most it does 400 damage at level 16. factor in MR and its really something like 300 damage total.

Rayven

aka surume
2th said:
skarner is UP as hell. his ult is weak in terms of the length... 1.5 seconds is meh and at most it does 400 damage at level 16. factor in MR and its really something like 300 damage total.
ive seen dudes wreck in playtests. Mostly running jungle. You can't get away from the slow spam.

red13th

Owlowiscious said:
It's better to expect all champs to be released at 6300

...which is a rather shitty prospect.
When the best solution to cope with their atrocious pricing policy is imagining that nothing worse could happen, it becomes pretty obvious that something's very wrong.

2th

Banned
Rayven said:
ive seen dudes wreck in playtests. Mostly running jungle. You can't get away from the slow spam.

so you cant get away... his damage is lackluster till he get sheen and even then he is a squishy bug. i honestly dont think i would fear him 1v1 in the jungle as anyone unless i was under half health. and even then Udyr, Olaf, WW, Fiddle, nunu, xin, or nocturn could still take him due to their better sustain.

red13th

BTW. I can't believe they are charging 975 RP for a fugly Taric recolour.
Trying to make him look "badass"? Really?? Because giving last hits to your lane partner while staying back healing and saying that gems are truly outrageous is so badass.

I was expecting Rainbow Taric. :(

You guys aren't gonna believe this but my Goat streak is now up to 12. Twelve ranked wins in a row, all with Soraka. I've never been on a streak like this before. I even had a terrible game the one before this last one, I was 1-13-17. Started out 0-10-1 and thought for sure it was over at 10 in a row.. but then 1-3-17 the rest of the way. Gonna stop for the night and try to continue it tomorrow (probably lose first game tomorrow).

Edit: Here are the scores

2-5-20
1-13-17
3-8-25
1-7-10
1-4-19
2-2-21
2-8-14
4-6-13
2-0-22
1-1-24
1-1-9
Don't remember the first one

Build:
1. Mana crystal + 2 health potions
2. Philo stone
3. Needlessly Large Rod + Boots of speed
4. Finish Ionia boots
5. Blasting Wand
6. Death cap finish
7. Giant's belt
8. Either negatron cloak or chain armor

That's about it lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Heavy said:
You guys aren't gonna believe this but my Goat streak is now up to 12. Twelve ranked wins in a row, all with Soraka. I've never been on a streak like this before. I even had a terrible game the one before this last one, I was 1-13-17. Started out 0-10-1 and thought for sure it was over at 10 in a row.. but then 1-3-17 the rest of the way. Gonna stop for the night and try to continue it tomorrow (probably lose first game tomorrow).
Can't wait for the nerf.

Neki

eosos said:
Fuck shitty teamates.

"I've never played this hero" is not a damn excuse for going 1 and 10

don't play with poorfate when he plays with a new hero then

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii love you poorfate

2th

Banned
eosos said:
Fuck shitty teamates.

"I've never played this hero" is not a damn excuse for going 1 and 10

agreed. if you dont know the champion dont charge into battle like a retard.

Neki

2th said:
i disagree. jungle jarvan can use the lantern big time. jarvan, xin, nocturn, udyr, olaf... all solid champions to put lantern on. after that you get beefy.

also the skarner spotlight is out and my god his ult looks fun as hell. and very evil.

southern doesn't play a jungle jarvan though.

Home

Ugh, I don't understand how/why people go afk at champ select. I'm 1400 elo, games take like 45 seconds to pop all the the time, and yet every night I play, I usually get one game with a guy afk during champ select then an "oops sorry guys was afk lol". We won despite his terribleness because of our ad carry, but it still enrages me.

Haven't seen a good Skarner yet, except for watching Guardsman Bob on his stream. Everyone I've faced so far has laned and not jungled, so I dunno if his jungle is good or not.

dimb

les papillons sexuels said:
how's the new champs ult+flash?
Great for getting assists when you probably already had the kill anyways.

I have yet to see a Skarner have much of an impact on a game.

dimb

Soraka mid, Warmog's Twisted Fate, "Chinese" Eve. Somehow crushed the other team. Hilarious.

Card Boy

Banned
Heavy said:
lol this is horrible. 4 damn 6300s in a row, fuck me up the ass. There's no way they'd do 5 in a row, is there? I just can't see that happening.

Gaben save us!

Better question is when was the last 1350IP Hero? Poppy in Jan 2010.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Dance In My Blood said:
Great for getting assists when you probably already had the kill anyways.

I have yet to see a Skarner have much of an impact on a game.

agreed just wrecked one in my first win of the day that happened to be my first game post patch. I have no clue if it's a caster or a tank but the one we had had bad items and no clue how to be effective.

i-4d947Qz-L.jpg

Spotlight and IP price gave me the impression Skarner is a jungler on equal footing with Udyr or Trundle. So I played a game with him and found out he's actually quite weak; nowhere near the damage and survivability that Udyr or Trundle (who I both like to jungle with) have. I then decided to check the champ feedback forum and see a lot of complaints about his UPness. Quite disappointing because I like the concept of the champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom