• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

red13th

LOL awesome Penny Arcade strip.

Ultimoo said:
I hope Riot makes a really poor hero design + skills and charges 450 IP for it, it'd be awesome, lol.

The only difference between that scenario and our current standing is the IP cost.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really should give Ez a try. I have this feeling he'll be a character I'm good at. Still need LeBlac, Aki, and Braid.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you pick Ez in ranked people will flame you.

Owlowiscious said:
i-4d947Qz-L.jpg

I laughed at the second panel hard.

Future

I get that peeps get annoyed by expensive champs. But considering the game is free to play, said character will be free to play in a couple of weeks, there are a bunchnof older characters below max price, and new characters are usually underpowered day of release....is this really a big deal? They would like at least one real incentive to spend cash beyond cosmetic skins

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Halycon said:
If you pick Ez in ranked people will flame you.
No different than Lux or Nasus. Its all about the lame comp, rather than who you can play well with.

Last game as Lux? 9/1/5. I carried that ass hard after being down 10 kills and a dragon. Turning a gank into a triple kill with their turret down. *Smirk*

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Future said:
I get that peeps get annoyed by expensive champs. But considering the game is free to play, said character will be free to play in a couple of weeks, there are a bunchnof older characters below max price, and new characters are usually underpowered day of release....is this really a big deal? They would like at least one real incentive to spend cash beyond cosmetic skins
Actually no.

The bigger problem is that the prices don't drop for a very long time, so a lot of the champions that are older are still really expensive. Galio is a cool tank, but like hell will I pay 6300 IP for him. There are so many champions that should cost less than they currently do. I think nearly all the 6300 IP release champs are still that price.

y2dvd

shintoki said:
I really should give Ez a try. I have this feeling he'll be a character I'm good at. Still need LeBlac, Aki, and Braid.

Ez will be tough to play. He's squishy and doesn't exert that much damage plus simply standing behind a minion negates his dmg output. I still play him though because he's fun. ^_^

Dunno why but I'm loving Malph again. The reduce mana cost is nice. I still am not sure if I should give him magic pen runes for ult or keep it armor and armor pen for E.

barnone

y2dvd said:
Ez will be tough to play. He's squishy and doesn't exert that much damage plus simply standing behind a minion negates his dmg output. I still play him though because he's fun. ^_^

Dunno why but I'm loving Malph again. The reduce mana cost is nice. I still am not sure if I should give him magic pen runes for ult or keep it armor and armor pen for E.

I get magic pen. The Q harass at level 2+ is fantastic early game.

Liferebooted said:
Returning to the game after months off, is Teemo any good at all?

I'd say he is middling. Not the OP motherfucker he was after his buffs and not super under powered. He still has good map control, decent damage, and good pushes.

2th

Banned
53 and a half minute game. i actually got to my end game jungle xin build. It was pretty funny too though. the other teams trynd kept focusing me in team fights while i was wailing on his team. i would get down to a little less than half health and try to run taking him with me. all the while my team would be raping his. he would kill me and having already ulted die to 1 dash from our akali at the end. was pretty funny. though ultimately my team was pretty retarded and i had to completely lead them around.
qwye5y.png

Ferga

the last 4 champs have been called UP but they're really not

Kind of unfair to call a champ UP on the first few hours of release because a couple of people failed at playing them in their first game

Dance In My Blood said:
Actually no.

The bigger problem is that the prices don't drop for a very long time, so a lot of the champions that are older are still really expensive. Galio is a cool tank, but like hell will I pay 6300 IP for him. There are so many champions that should cost less than they currently do. I think nearly all the 6300 IP release champs are still that price.
OR! Just make every champ 6300.

Ferga said:
the last 4 champs have been called UP but they're really not

Kind of unfair to call a champ UP on the first few hours of release because a couple of people failed at playing them in their first game

I'd say Wukong is the only one who isn't really UP out of the last 4 released. Leona, Yorick (on release), and now Skarner all were/seem pretty underwhelming.

Hammer

So I used to be a big fan of DotA and DotA All Stars mods, and just recently really found out about Guinsoo, a few Blizzard guys, and now the ME lead are over at Riot games doing League of Legends. So I came to log in with my new account and my position in queue is: "Over 9000"

Seems kinda steep to me... Is it normal to get this kind of monster queue from them?

Haly

Hammer said:
So I used to be a big DotA and DotA all starts mods, and just recently really found out about league of legends. So I came to log in with my new account and my position in queue is: "Over 9000"

Seems kinda steep to me. Is it normal to get this kind of monster queue?
There was a new patch recently so traffic is heavy.

Usually there isn't a queue that large but it's not uncommon to wait 2-3 minutes to log in these days.

Hammer

Ahhh ok cool. I don't mind 2 or 3 minutes, but about 20 seems a little ridiculous! :D

Plus they have a pretty spiffy studio, so I'm sure they can afford to up their cloud servers a bit.

But if its a new patch, and queues are not that common, I'm not worried. :)

Halycon said:
There was a new patch recently so traffic is heavy.

Usually there isn't a queue that large but it's not uncommon to wait 2-3 minutes to log in these days.
whoooooooooooooooooooa your avatar. i always thought it was some wierd buddist picture or whatever with yellow eyes and jeweled adornments

that kind of looked like cartman from south park.

after all this time i finally notice it's the three penguins from penguin drum

Haly

Owlowiscious said:
whoooooooooooooooooooa your avatar. i always thought it was some wierd buddist picture or whatever with yellow eyes and jeweled adornments
Wat.

Neki

infinity edge or madreds on irelia as her finishing dps item?

I think infinity edge would be better for killing squishies, but madreds is better for fighting other tanky dps. infinity edge also scales better with her Q and R, but madreds is good with her W.

Haly

I think Madred's climbs over IE at around the 2.5k HP mark. This is with 0 armor and 0 mr. Since armor is more common than mr I'd go with Madred's.

Unless you have phantom dancer or something with heavy crit, then I'd go with IE.

2th

Banned
Halycon said:
I think Madred's climbs over IE at around the 2.5k HP mark. This is with 0 armor and 0 mr. Since armor is more common than mr I'd go with Madred's.

Unless you have phantom dancer or something with heavy crit, then I'd go with IE.

actually IE is always better than madreds. there are a few situations where madreds is better. Situations like the other team has 4 or 5 beefy champs with 2500 to 3000+ health, or you are a champ that relies more on magic dps like teemo or kog. That is in terms of just damaging the other team. junglers like ww, udyr, olaf, xin etc are fine getting it since they have their own steroids and need the proc from it. but you have squishies on the other team IE is better cause you can kite and rape with it. all you need is that one lucky crit for 600 to hurt annie with 2400 health.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Halycon said:

You're assuming 100% of the time you're doing damage.

Burst > sustain unless you're doing Baron or something.

Neki

Dance In My Blood said:
You're assuming 100% of the time you're doing damage.

Burst > sustain unless you're doing Baron or something.

meaning I should go gunblade on irelia, excellent.

Haly

No he clearly means lichbane.

APrelia ftw.

2th

Banned
Ultimoo said:
monkey king gonna monkey king

http://i.imgur.com/1e2nD.jpg

how the hell? did you guys ever have a real 5v5 team fight? i mean the amount of beef the other team had and the fact that no one on your team had a bloodrazor means you guys spent some time killing the other team. so i must assume they were just retards and came at you 1 and 2 at a time. was this the case or were they just monumentally bad in team fights?

Edit: how the fuck did that Udyr die so much? that is an insane end game build (though he should have had an omen) but his damage would have been massive. he should have been able to 1v2 any combination of brand/fiddle/ex/leona and come out on top. i guess he was just trash.

bluemax

Banned
y2dvd said:

Ez does a fuck ton of damage, he just has a semi high skill cap to play him and fairs poorly on teams that lack CC.

I pretty much only pick Ez when my team has 3+ forms of hard CC and at least 2 tanks/tanky dps types.

If you're playing tourney meta he benefits a lot from being paired with a Taric or Soraka. In solo queue he's kind of a crap shoot hero to play, I only play him on arranged teams nowadays.

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
The new Panth changes seem to be pretty crazy so far... let's hope he's not OP again, and that they don't continue the seemingly never-ending nerf into the ground, buff to godhood cycle he seems to constantly go through.

Neki

2th said:
how the hell? did you guys ever have a real 5v5 team fight? i mean the amount of beef the other team had and the fact that no one on your team had a bloodrazor means you guys spent some time killing the other team. so i must assume they were just retards and came at you 1 and 2 at a time. was this the case or were they just monumentally bad in team fights?

Edit: how the fuck did that Udyr die so much? that is an insane end game build (though he should have had an omen) but his damage would have been massive. he should have been able to 1v2 any combination of brand/fiddle/ex/leona and come out on top. i guess he was just trash.

basically. If caught any of them by themselves and they were dead, so they just surrendered after the third ace.

Blackface

Banned
Can someone please play with me? I have 10 fucking losses in a row. Every one of them because my team lost both their lanes and FED all game.

3nRGc.jpg

We lost, that was my last game. I am Scrimp. I dominated their team early, mid and late. I would say a good 60 percent of the KB my team had were because of me. The ONLY person on the team who listened was Dekoi. Who kept pushing, back-dooring and ulting at the right time.

I have no idea what I have to do to win anymore. I keep going against pre-made teams. And my team is always, always awful.

Riot really needs to fucking fix this shit. Have separate options for normal games.

y2dvd

bluemax said:
Ez does a fuck ton of damage, he just has a semi high skill cap to play him and fairs poorly on teams that lack CC.

I pretty much only pick Ez when my team has 3+ forms of hard CC and at least 2 tanks/tanky dps types.

If you're playing tourney meta he benefits a lot from being paired with a Taric or Soraka. In solo queue he's kind of a crap shoot hero to play, I only play him on arranged teams nowadays.

I had a beginner playing EZ in mind where it's harder to harass or do dmg than most dps characters. Agrees with everything you say. Again, there's a reason I keep playing him. :)

I wish people practice a new character in training before trying them out in rank first. I see so many new Skar being dead weight.

LCGeek

formerly sane
ssown0025.jpg

Sometimes even leavers can't ruin a good steam roll. Even with the enemy team having lock down me alistar, and pantheon blazed through em.

Blackface catch me on and I will play with ya.

EXGN

Tried a game with Monkey King the other day, actually seems pretty fun. I died right off the bat (caught by Xin Zhao pop > Ramus taunt > annother Xin pop at level 3), but after that I went 7/1/15 Went Warmogs > Atmas Impaler > Phage, which seemed to work well for me.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried phage (and frosthammer or whatever the full version is) on master yi once. It seemed like a good idea to help chase even better. I think master yi is fun, but I'm still just level 20 with limited runes, one tier 3 quint that boosts XP gain, and I'm convinced there should be a way to gain a level slightly faster in the jungle, which is what I'm experimenting with. I end up taking too much damage, which is part of the problem, but the second problem is that I always have to duck into a lane for like 1 minion death in order to get level 3 or so, before I go back to the jungle.

In one game we briefly had master yi and wukong together in a lane. Thanks to wukong's stun or whatever, plus his charging minion kill attack, I felt like they worked well together.

In my most recent yi game I think I had 300 minion kills, and 3 tower takedowns (5 in a previous one where I backdoored more successfully). That's probably my most minion kills, but the unfortunate part is that I was like 5/4/5 overall. I didn't feed the other team, but I was certainly being carried. That game was painful since the other team had like three tanks...Mundo, Malphite, and Mord? Mord was best, had like 17 kills, and nearly destroyed us all until fiddlesticks and karma starting doing crazy damage in return.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
I tried phage (and frosthammer or whatever the full version is) on master yi once. It seemed like a good idea to help chase even better. I think master yi is fun, but I'm still just level 20 with limited runes, one tier 3 quint that boosts XP gain, and I'm convinced there should be a way to gain a level slightly faster in the jungle, which is what I'm experimenting with. I end up taking too much damage, which is part of the problem, but the second problem is that I always have to duck into a lane for like 1 minion death in order to get level 3 or so, before I go back to the jungle.

In one game we briefly had master yi and wukong together in a lane. Thanks to wukong's stun or whatever, plus his charging minion kill attack, I felt like they worked well together.

In my most recent yi game I think I had 300 minion kills, and 3 tower takedowns (5 in a previous one where I backdoored more successfully). That's probably my most minion kills, but the unfortunate part is that I was like 5/4/5 overall. I didn't feed the other team, but I was certainly being carried. That game was painful since the other team had like three tanks...Mundo, Malphite, and Mord? Mord was best, had like 17 kills, and nearly destroyed us all until fiddlesticks and karma starting doing crazy damage in return.

It was cuz Morde went full out AP, he did crazy damage until I got a banshee's veil. And NONE of their character *except Malphite* got any form of magic resist, that's why Fiddle and I can kill them so easily (they were scared of our garen) XD

I find Ezreal really fun to play. Just the other day, I carried a game with him with an AFK on our team. He just has amazing poking ability with his Q which you can use for faster farming as well.

Plus, it's fun to ult from your base and get kills on enemies across the map.

At first I had some trouble with him but I've been getting used to his abilities and how to use them.

Neki

Blackface said:
I got a win last night :D. Played with Neki and a couple others. I think I may have pissed off that turtles person though :\.
turtles is a friend, not a gaffer. she was kinda angry that you kept dying bottom though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom