• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Owlowiscious said:
I used cooldown time as why i don't use flash.
Even if you just use Flash four or five times a game the impact it has is dramatic, and unlike a spell like Ghost it is beneficial in a wide variety of situations. There are just more opportunities to use it effectively, even if the cooldown is a little longer.

Hit 1200 ELO, am satified, play game more. 750. There's a rise of idiots who just go OMG THIS TEAM COMP SUCKS and pick soraka with smite.

I got way more of them above 1000 than below 1000.

Fuck this shit maaaaaan.

Wrekt

I just started playing LoL a few weeks ago. I'm barely level 13 and I've spent the majority of my time cycling through different free champs and the 20 I got for the collector's pack. I always followed the top rated builds on mobafire.com as I was just kind of searching for a champ with a skillset I really enjoyed. I kind of took effectiveness with a grain of salt since I'm not experienced with MOBA's and I figured that I could quickly get better with a champ as long as their skills felt good.

I decided on my first purchase, Poppy. I bought her and I've played about a dozen games with her now. I have come to the realization that I'm understanding the game faster than I expected to. I'm also realizing that I fucking suck as tanks and melee bruisers like Poppy.

So I'm now going towards ranged carries. During my free champ rotations, I have discovered that I like Brand's skills the best, get the most kills as Malzahar and get the best K:D ratio with Ryze. I've also tried Ashe, Annie and Veigar but I don't really enjoy any of them.

I already own Ryze from my collector's pack but Malzahar is on sale this weekend and I've got enough RP (and IP but I was saving those for l3 runes) to buy Brand. Any suggestions on which would be the best option for higher level play?

Boken

Banned
Protip:

FARM HARD

CARRY HARDER.

(edit: that might be because poppy isnt a bruiser. Bust somebody's knee cap and gtfo out of there until it's safe. She doesn't stand around to get hit - play her more like an assassin.

also @CrazedProfessional: congrats on hitting 1200. If you truely deserve it, you'll climb your way out of ELO hell. One game might be smite soraka's fault, but 20 games are your own.)

Wrekt said:
I already own Ryze from my collector's pack but Malzahar is on sale this weekend and I've got enough RP (and IP but I was saving those for l3 runes) to buy Brand. Any suggestions on which would be the best option for higher level play?
Both are excellent choices. The difference is that Brand does less damage to a single target, but can stun and deal damage without committing entirely, so he'd probably be better for solo queue. Malzahar does WAAAAAY more damage to a single target, but once you pop that ult you're committed and you probably need a friend or two to watch out for you in a team fight.

Greg

This game pisses me off.

It was my day off, and I was on a mission yesterday to finally hit 20 so I can spend the 10k+ IP I've been saving on tier 3 runes. Early in the morning I made it 20 and went to the store to buy runes before bed... only to find out I still can't buy them.

I look up on the forums, and it's a known issue from over a year ago. The same topic in which a mod replied that it's a known issue that's going to be fixed (over a year ago) got bumped yesterday by people still having the same issues.

The most frustrating part about it is that I tried to do the smart thing and combine my old tier 2 runes in hopes of getting lucky with making a tier 3 rune that I actually wanted before I went to the store. Now I can't buy tier 3, and I lost all my other runes in the process.

Greg said:
This game pisses me off.

It was my day off, and I was on a mission yesterday to finally hit 20 so I can spend the 10k+ IP I've been saving on tier 3 runes. Early in the morning I made it 20 and went to the store to buy runes before bed... only to find out I still can't buy them.

I look up on the forums, and it's a known issue from over a year ago. The same topic in which a mod replied that it's a known issue that's going to be fixed (over a year ago) got bumped yesterday by people still having the same issues.

The most frustrating part about it is that I tried to do the smart thing and combine my old tier 2 runes in hopes of getting lucky with making a tier 3 rune that I actually wanted before I went to the store. Now I can't buy tier 3, and I lost all my other runes in the process.

You bought Tier 2 runes?!

Wrekt

Boken said:
Protip:

FARM HARD

CARRY HARDER.

(edit: that might be because poppy isnt a bruiser. Bust somebody's knee cap and gtfo out of there until it's safe. She doesn't stand around to get hit - play her more like an assassin.
I get zoned out in a lane way too easily as melee/tank. Before I purchased her, I had only played bot matches so it was easy to anticipate enemy pushes/retreats. When I started playing pvp matches, I started getting poked out of last hit range and pushing back with a E usually results in me getting blown the fuck up before a teammate could rush forward to assist and I have to ghost or flash away. I considered her a bruiser because of her passive and the W shield but it quickly became clear that it wasn't quite enough for how bad I am.

Greg

FlightOfHeaven said:
You bought Tier 2 runes?!
I've only purchased 1 champion in all of my playing, so I had enough IP to go full tier 2 and still have enough for full tier 3 (and some change) once I hit 20.

I don't play that often, so I wanted to maximize where I could. That's why I'm annoyed that I played for most of the day and ended up with less to show for it.

Desaan

Is there a GAF EU channel by any chance? Getting real tired of playing with randoms with 500+ wins and they still feed like they don't know what they are doing. Surrender at 20......if you don't they just sit afk at the fountain, good times.

EDIT: I played with a Miss Fortune last night who went 3/19/4.......he had over 850 wins, seriously....WTF?

Greg said:
I've only purchased 1 champion in all of my playing, so I had enough IP to go full tier 2 and still have enough for full tier 3 (and some change) once I hit 20.

I don't play that often, so I wanted to maximize where I could. That's why I'm annoyed that I played for most of the day and ended up with less to show for it.

Oh man... : (

It's always best to buy several sets of Tier 1, get several champs for diversity, and then go for Tier 3 when you get the chance.

CrazedProfessional said:
Hit 1200 ELO, am satified, play game more. 750. There's a rise of idiots who just go OMG THIS TEAM COMP SUCKS and pick soraka with smite.

I got way more of them above 1000 than below 1000.

Fuck this shit maaaaaan.
len my acc to my cousin that took me rockbottom into 1100 elo.. fighting my way, and i'm back in the 1300 (1299)..
playing a ranked right now..
hope i get to reach 1500 again <_> damn frigging nab cousin, and i told him "don't fuck with my ranked, just do daily victory while i'm on the beach!"

Blackface

Banned
Wrekt said:
I just started playing LoL a few weeks ago. I'm barely level 13 and I've spent the majority of my time cycling through different free champs and the 20 I got for the collector's pack. I always followed the top rated builds on mobafire.com as I was just kind of searching for a champ with a skillset I really enjoyed. I kind of took effectiveness with a grain of salt since I'm not experienced with MOBA's and I figured that I could quickly get better with a champ as long as their skills felt good.

I decided on my first purchase, Poppy. I bought her and I've played about a dozen games with her now. I have come to the realization that I'm understanding the game faster than I expected to. I'm also realizing that I fucking suck as tanks and melee bruisers like Poppy.

So I'm now going towards ranged carries. During my free champ rotations, I have discovered that I like Brand's skills the best, get the most kills as Malzahar and get the best K:D ratio with Ryze. I've also tried Ashe, Annie and Veigar but I don't really enjoy any of them.

solomid is better for guides now then mobafire. Mobafire has a few good ones, but many aren't that great. Crumbzz has a great guide for Poppy on solomid. He is probably the best Poppy player you will find. Better then Doublelifts AP poppy.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Greg said:

Never fucking buy T2 runes. T1 are about 60% of T3 at 1/10 the cost. T2 are only about 75% of T3, while 1/2 the cost.

Either save for the T3, or buy T1.

Desaan

Drkirby said:
I am now going to do the worst idea ever. Use Rally. Wish me luck/pity me.

Rally would be better if it was a buff people got from being in range of the caster rather than a destroyable pile of trash you drop on the floor with a pathetic range.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
I am now going to do the worst idea ever. Use Rally. Wish me luck/pity me.
Hey, I tried using revive, good luck.

I actually got killed by a Katarina using revive recently. We were like finally, we actually killed her...and then she instantly appeared with full health and murdered me.

Blackface

Banned
If life gives you solo top as Akali against Mundo and Udry, with two of your own players calling you a "fgt fgt N***" all game. Make lemonade.

gVGhw.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Blackface said:
He is getting nerfed with Poppy and Xin Zhao. per LOL forum and reddit.
Well, that's good news. :^P

I lost a painful 75-minute game earlier. I got so much money with master yi I eventually had a trinity force along with the armor-penetration bow, but even then I still probably needed more damage. :(

Neki

Blizzard said:
Well, that's good news. :^P

I lost a painful 75-minute game earlier. I got so much money with master yi I eventually had a trinity force along with the armor-penetration bow, but even then I still probably needed more damage. :(

trinity force on master yi? o_O

2th

Banned
Blackface said:
He is getting nerfed with Poppy and Xin Zhao. per LOL forum and reddit.

poppy has been broken since they fixed her Q to pop spells shields. the damn thing does a quarter second silence.

as for xin... why nerf him? he is in a good place.

GP... shut him down early or pay the price. that is how he should be.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Berserker's Greaves, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Last Whisper, Banshees Veil or Sunfire, Blood Thirster.

Blizzard

Banned
Ultimoo said:
trinity force on master yi? o_O
I had like 4000 gold and nothing to spend it on. I wasn't sure what to get that was better. In retrospect I probably should have gotten black cleaver or something. I'm guessing I already had stark's, phantom, infinity edge, bloodthirster, and the armor penetration thing.

red13th

FlightOfHeaven said:
Xin Zhao needs a nerf???

He's basically unstoppable when fed a few early kills, I'm not sure if that makes him nerf worthy though.
Do you have the link to the thread that said they (Xin, Poppy and GP) are getting nerfed?

Blizzard

Banned
red_13th said:
He's basically unstoppable when fed a few early kills, I'm not sure if that makes him nerf worthy though.
Do you have the link to the thread that said they (Xin, Poppy and GP) are getting nerfed?
He also seems to take almost no damage from towers or physical attacks but maybe that's just his shield.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
He can heal though by auto attacking. His Charge -> Knockup combo is just really strong. The only viable nerf I can see is maybe making his auto attack heal not as powerful.

Boken said:
@CrazedProfessional: congrats on hitting 1200. If you truely deserve it, you'll climb your way out of ELO hell. One game might be smite soraka's fault, but 20 games are your own.)

How is getting uncooperative assholes in the matchmaker my fault?

No joke dude, it's Wukong free week and everyone's like OMG HE WAS MINE, ME TROLL. I think games I got those outnumbered the games that I actually played without a troll. This was when I was in the 1000s, we had none of that below it but heaven forbid as soon as I hit the 1000s suddenly people felt ENTITLED to make the game a bad one if they didn't get their way.

Blackface

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
How is getting uncooperative assholes in the matchmaker my fault?

No joke dude, it's Wukong free week and everyone's like OMG HE WAS MINE, ME TROLL. I think games I got those outnumbered the games that I actually played without a troll. This was when I was in the 1000s, we had none of that below it but heaven forbid as soon as I hit the 1000s suddenly people felt ENTITLED to make the game a bad one if they didn't get their way.

The best was Saint Vicious on his smurf. He carried one game as Jungle Yi. Then yelled on his stream ELO DOESN'T EXIST BITCHES. He proceeded to lose his next three games.

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
His ult buffs his defense. That's probably what he's talking about
I have no idea how Xin works; I don't think I've even tried playing him yet. Someone just told me that some enemy had a shield and you had to do damage to take it down before they would start taking damage. I think it was a melee person like Jarvan or Xin.

Blizzard said:
I have no idea how Xin works; I don't think I've even tried playing him yet. Someone just told me that some enemy had a shield and you had to do damage to take it down before they would start taking damage. I think it was a melee person like Jarvan or Xin.

Jarvan's W adds the health shield.

Blizzard said:

Jarvan. Xin and Garen just get flat boosts to their defensive stats.

Blackface

Banned
Just played on a team as Morgana. Dominated mid over Karthus. My team lost both lanes within 10 minutes the enemy team had 11 kills. So game goes on and we finally beat them in a team fight. We are all low HP. So they ping baron and go do baron. I didn't go, baron quadra killed my team within 5 seconds.

So good.

Neki

Blackface said:
Just played on a team as Morgana. Dominated mid over Karthus. My team lost both lanes within 10 minutes the enemy team had 11 kills. So game goes on and we finally beat them in a team fight. We are all low HP. So they ping baron and go do baron. I didn't go, baron quadra killed my team within 5 seconds.

So good.

Baron just got a quadra kill!

2th

Banned
Blackface said:

So good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAH. that is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom