• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zugzug

yeah yeah brand new to game, about 10 games in...Splurged with Riot points. Even bought me sexy 975riot point skin.....I cannot believe I did that.

Playing some janna, Amumu, and one Sarsus I think he name was. I liked all 3 classes. Will continue playing these 3 I am pretty sure. Please someone stop me from buying Amumu skin. Notice how these 1 support and 2 AOE mob dealers.

However...you can't tell me that Wukong is some cheese character. You can't tell me that if Wukong wants you dead you are dead. He is straight pvp character. You mean to tell me he not only can charge at you and do a AOE spread damage, then he can illusion out and run away, and since his character is based on speed he can run anyone done. I am flabbered. OH and then he can do whirlwind on you and move and follow you on that whirlwind...

My last game had two wukongs on both teams...I was pissed annoyed at how cheesy Wukong on one side was....the only saving grace was that the Wukong on my side was just played way better and we won. Amazing how easy it would be to jump betweeen all 3 lanes and PK the bad players since I'm very low bracket and get mucho early gold then just be unstoppable later on.

Had one tank build do that as well get about 10 early kills and just be unstoppable later on could not even do 25% damage to him. Some big rock hunched over guy, or demon with rock looking skin.

Very fun game though but man i could see loses coming when they did due to people being feeders early on.

Blizzard

Banned
lol13opzy.jpg

That was a fun 56-minute game. We got aced once but thankfully we had a ton of damage output. It was my first time ever playing Galio so I just bought recommended items. At least one of my deaths could probably have been avoided, but I felt I was reasonably useful to the team. I -love- his ult for starting teamfights, as long as I know my team is competent and can do enough damage to make it worth it (and with ashe's arrow and fate's stun they usually could).

LCGeek

formerly sane
zugzug said:
yeah yeah brand new to game, about 10 games in...Splurged with Riot points. Even bought me sexy 975riot point skin.....I cannot believe I did that.

Playing some janna, Amumu, and one Sarsus I think he name was. I liked all 3 classes. Will continue playing these 3 I am pretty sure. Please someone stop me from buying Amumu skin. Notice how these 1 support and 2 AOE mob dealers.

However...you can't tell me that Wukong is some cheese character. You can't tell me that if Wukong wants you dead you are dead. He is straight pvp character. You mean to tell me he not only can charge at you and do a AOE spread damage, then he can illusion out and run away, and since his character is based on speed he can run anyone done. I am flabbered. OH and then he can do whirlwind on you and move and follow you on that whirlwind...

My last game had two wukongs on both teams...I was pissed annoyed at how cheesy Wukong on one side was....the only saving grace was that the Wukong on my side was just played way better and we won. Amazing how easy it would be to jump betweeen all 3 lanes and PK the bad players since I'm very low bracket and get mucho early gold then just be unstoppable later on.

Had one tank build do that as well get about 10 early kills and just be unstoppable later on could not even do 25% damage to him. Some big rock hunched over guy, or demon with rock looking skin.

Very fun game though but man i could see loses coming when they did due to people being feeders early on.

wukong is quite easy to deal with. Annie, gangplank, poppy, ashe, or xin are characters that are more likely to wreck you once in range and decide to kill you. Wukong needs more setup than certain casters or ad types melee or range but he is no slouch.

Sounds like you met malphite.

Loses are natural in the genre most people are lucky to get above a 50% win ratio.

Blizzard

Banned
LCGeek said:
Loses are natural in the genre most people are lucky to get above a 50% win ratio.
Yeah, it's true. I lost my second game with Galio so the first was just a fluke. I figure at least 90-120% of LoL players have below 50% win/loss. :( I'm like 8 games back myself and I suspect that's a distance you can hardly ever overcome even in unranked.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
LCGeek said:
It isn't luck.

Even when I lose I don't lose.
0d0936ae5befd20675717a3789fa876fb7bd59fd.jpg

Even in a 4v5 where I solo laned against Akali and Alistar I had the 11/1/11 Malphite game.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
It isn't luck.

Even in a 4v5 where I solo laned against Akali and Alistar I had the 11/1/11 Malphite game.
You do get more XP when you're in a solo lane though. Were you doing a solo queue for all those games? Do you have any advice for those of us who are struggling to reach 50%?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Dance In My Blood said:
It isn't luck.

0d0936ae5befd20675717a3789fa876fb7bd59fd.jpg

Unless you're good at this a lot average user struggle for 50% win ratios. The post wasn't for you it was about another user.

Wrekt

This has been me all morning:

Malzahar1.PNG

First game we had guys sit in the base at full hp/mana because they were terrified to fight when they weren't around turrets. Long after the turrets stopped being a real threat.

In the screenshotted pic, that Trist and Annie would push when they had 200 hp and 3 of their champs were still alive. I can't catch a break.

dimb

LCGeek said:
Unless you're good at this a lot average user struggle for 50% win ratios. The post wasn't for you it was about another user.
I'm just joking really. You won't win a lot at first and the best thing to do is just play without worrying about it or letting it get to you.
Blizzard said:
You do get more XP when you're in a solo lane though. Were you doing a solo queue for all those games? Do you have any advice for those of us who are struggling to reach 50%?
Only take the solo lane if you're comfortable with the champion you're playing as. I don't remember which games I took solo but it wasn't all of them. I do it all the time as Yorick because that's where he fits well, but if I'm playing tank or support I would never do it unless I had to. It isn't a license to win.

Stuff I'd recommend is just to always try to be safe. Make sure if you ever go out into the open you know the route you can take back to avoid getting killed. The most common mistake people make is underestimating the opponent, so don't stick your head out too far until you know what they are capable of and can determine whether or not you'll come out on top in a fight. If you are controlling a lane box the opponent out of experience and last hits to take the lead, just make sure you can always draw back to safety if they decide to push in. Make sure you're buying wards and pots to stay in lane as long as you can, because they will pay off.

Playing safe is the key to playing smart. Just keep your eyes open for opportunity to pick up a kill and you'll pull ahead while they're dead.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
I'm just joking really. You won't win a lot at first and the best thing to do is just play without worrying about it or letting it get to you.

Only take the solo lane if you're comfortable with the champion you're playing as. I don't remember which games I took solo but it wasn't all of them. I do it all the time as Yorick because that's where he fits well, but if I'm playing tank or support I would never do it unless I had to. It isn't a license to win.

Stuff I'd recommend is just to always try to be safe. Make sure if you ever go out into the open you know the route you can take back to avoid getting killed. The most common mistake people make is underestimating the opponent, so don't stick your head out too far until you know what they are capable of and can determine whether or not you'll come out on top in a fight. If you are controlling a lane box the opponent out of experience and last hits to take the lead, just make sure you can always draw back to safety if they decide to push in. Make sure you're buying wards and pots to stay in lane as long as you can, because they will pay off.

Playing safe is the key to playing smart. Just keep your eyes open for opportunity to pick up a kill and you'll pull ahead while they're dead.
Well what I meant was, were you doing solo queue (no friends at all) or were you playing with partially preformed teams. A lot of what gets some of us burned is random people being suicidal, or spouting homophobic slurs while we lose, or going afk from the start, that sort of thing.

Playing safe is my favorite thing to do, and I think I'm almost always near the bottom of the team for deaths. Of course the flip side is I'm pretty much never near the top with kills, but I think there's a balance.

dimb

Oh, solo queue for like 98% of my games right now. I actually get more loses when I'm playing with friends because they're kind of terrible.

Dance In My Blood said:
Oh, solo queue for like 98% of my games right now. I actually get more loses when I'm playing with friends because they're kind of terrible.

Why not with GAF?

I recently played a game with an old friend of mine and one of his friends.

Fucking terrible. My friend clearly didn't know what he was doing and his friend was alright, but raged horribly and occasionally made terrible mistakes.

You know they are bad when I'M saying this.

dimb

FlightOfHeaven said:
Why not with GAF?

I recently played a game with an old friend of mine and one of his friends.

Fucking terrible. My friend clearly didn't know what he was doing and his friend was alright, but raged horribly and occasionally made terrible mistakes.

You know they are bad when I'M saying this.
I'm open to playing with GAF, I've just been trying to power to thirty on my own lately.

I'll pop in to the channel some time and play with you guys.

Dance In My Blood said:
I'm open to playing with GAF, I've just been trying to power to thirty on my own lately.

I'll pop in to the channel some time and play with you guys.

Just leave the channel to "autologin" and ask for a game whenever you'd like. There's usually about 20 of us in there at any given point.

Also, win ratios are haaard to attain. I'm hovering near 50% now, give or take 2 games.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Blizzard said:
Well what I meant was, were you doing solo queue (no friends at all) or were you playing with partially preformed teams. A lot of what gets some of us burned is random people being suicidal, or spouting homophobic slurs while we lose, or going afk from the start, that sort of thing.

Playing safe is my favorite thing to do, and I think I'm almost always near the bottom of the team for deaths. Of course the flip side is I'm pretty much never near the top with kills, but I think there's a balance.
Even if you play it safe, doesn't mean you are doing a good job. If you never put any pressure on the opponent. They will realize they can free roam. Suddenly that 2v3 bottom gank is a 2v4, while you are still diddling around in the center. Last hitting minions. You are a non entity then. You don't pose any threat.

For ex, Last game with my Lux. My partner DC and I have to dual lane against 2 after they get first blood. When I hit 5, me and the jungle turned it into a double kill. Followed by both of us getting the center, dragon, and stealing their blue. All in one swipe. Did this a few more times. We got the two center turrets, bottom, and got a bunch more kills.

We still lost that game. But it lasted about 45 minutes before we surrender and they have yet to break the base. A game where my team was already crying and wanting to give up 15 minutes in.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What do you all do when the enemy top is solo, and there are two of you? I just really like to be agressive and push our minions to the tower (While trying to not take much damage), yet so many people want to do this super passive play and let the solo guy free farm. I know Jungle can gank, but as long as you have some CC or methiod to cover ground fast and a ward, we should be more then fine.

If we can zone them, I'll do that too, but zoning XP is hard to keep up without any sort of deny.

Mothman91

Was 11-0-11 with Lux, full mejais and our team up 10-15 kills really early in the game. Our team composed of 2 AD carries(yi/cait), a AP carry(brand) and something else I can't remember but it was no tank for sure. I somehow was handed my niece and I had to watch her on my lap while I played and somehow she exited the game and I had my first death around 25-30 minutes in. Then I was called into work, and felt like shit because I had to leave my team full of non-support/hard carries.

DrBo42

FlightOfHeaven said:
Just leave the channel to "autologin" and ask for a game whenever you'd like. There's usually about 20 of us in there at any given point.

Also, win ratios are haaard to attain. I'm hovering near 50% now, give or take 2 games.

Is there a GAF LoL vent or something?

Edit: Ah ^ a chat channel.

dimb

Ultimoo said:
you actually won because the other team had a skarner. skarner is the new yorrick basically.
I will buy Skarner if they buff him to the moon.

Achtius

Close game! At first amumu +fiddle's ult combo keep wiping most of us before we can respond. But somehow we turn the game around and won barely (when their wukong d/c'ed - we broke their inhibitor and nexus tower beforehand tho). In hindsight i should of gotten thornmail.

GafPlusOne.png

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Man I been doing horrible with mord, is there something wrong with my build?

Doran shield -> spell pen boot -> sunfire or FoN -> Rylias..

Or people been lying to me :( Mord no es #1.

Siyou

If anyone wants to play with me, feel free to add me. my username is my ID on here. I typically only play non ranked games as Ryze or Lux. Hope to see some players on here!

Neki

kiunchbb said:

personally I go

doran shield - > spell pen boots - > haunting guise - > meja's - > rylai's - > deathcap

but the more reasonable build needs to be like

doran shield -> hextech revolver - > sorc shoes - > rylai's

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ultimoo said:
personally I go

doran shield - > spell pen boots - > haunting guise - > meja's - > rylai's - > deathcap

but the more reasonable build needs to be like

doran shield -> hextech revolver - > sorc shoes - > rylai's
Thanks,

Guess I will try AP instead starting as a tank with sunfire and FoN.

Siyou said:
If anyone wants to play with me, feel free to add me. my username is my ID on here. I typically only play non ranked games as Ryze or Lux. Hope to see some players on here!

Get on the GAF Chatroom! I'll add you regardless.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
FlightOfHeaven said:
Get on the GAF Chatroom! I'll add you regardless.
Yeah... No one wants to play with me anymore. Use me and then lose me.

I'm so sad, I'm gonna go play Xbox goddamn it!

I've even picked up a Mic so you can hear my shrilly voice that changes accent! :O Well... will once this weekend is over. Work too hard.

2th

Banned
kiunchbb said:

regroth pendant, FoN, Rylais, after that get whatever the fuck you want. sunfire if they have AD. gunblade if they are terrible.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Morde is less about items (since he's a farming beast and pretty flexible) and more about positioning and mind games. You don't want to go into a fight without your shield, unless you're very confident you can put out enough dps. You want to be close to creeps whenever possible because the AoE from your spells will let you recharge your shield and damage the opposing champs at the same time. Keep up the pressure during laning phase if there isn't a high chance of getting ganked. If their jungler is actively stalking you, then sit back and farm.

Haly

Ultimoo said:
or give her a real ultimate riot.

riot.

riot.
They should make her R a stored ultimate like Akali's, and then buff all the secondary effects to heaven.

2th

Banned
Halycon said:
They should make her R a stored ultimate like Akali's, and then buff all the secondary effects to heaven.

it is a stored ultimate like akalis and teemos technically. its just that she can only have a max of 2 and you can use them both so fast and it has such a massive CD its stupid.

Cooldown is absolutely massive considering just how meh the effects it adds are.

I mean her powered up skills wouldn't be surprising or overpowered in any other character's normal skill list.

Haly

2th said:
it is a stored ultimate like akalis and teemos technically. its just that she can only have a max of 2 and you can use them both so fast and it has such a massive CD its stupid.
I mean turning it into an ultimate (that you get at 6, 11, 15) to compensate for buffing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom