• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2th

Banned
Halycon said:
I mean turning it into an ultimate (that you get at 6, 11, 15) to compensate for buffing it.

that would be pointless. all they need to do is increase the stacks of mantra by 3 so she can have 3 at max and reduce the CD slightly. If they made it an actual ult you had to put a point in the she would have heals before level 6 or the ability to use her shield offensively.

Fjord

What's gold, 1850? I made 1500 pretty fast, not sure if I should keep going.

Oh anyone know where I can find the collector's pack for $10? I remember seeing it a few places (perhaps online?) a few months ago. It looks like riot isn't shipping any more of them, can't find it on any retailer's website.

Ferrio

Banned
So really glad I picked up leona, and after the patch she's pretty damn solid. She doesn't seem to do anything spectacular, but fun tank character with access to a slow and stun. Wish her passive effected herself too, really sad it doesn't :(

Just fired up this game after downloading it ages ago and never really playing it. All in preparation for Dota2.

As a super newb, I can totally ignore things like runes, right? Or masteries whatever in God's name those may be. (The amount of menus and choices in this game are pretty daunting to a beginner.)

Blizzard

Banned
Saren is Bad said:
hey shawties, i been playing Ashe for my first 30ish games, and went 17-11. trying to find a ganky badass melee char, any recommends?
Try nocturne if you like the jungle. We had nocturne vs nocturne and got owned because theirs was jungle nocturne, like 11-0. Then our nocturne went jungle the next game, and was like 11-0 (ended up with 16 kills or so and I think we won).

perryfarrell said:
As a super newb, I can totally ignore things like runes, right? Or masteries whatever in God's name those may be. (The amount of menus and choices in this game are pretty daunting to a beginner.)
Runes are presumably important eventually, but they end up being expensive. If you're low level you shouldn't have to worry about them, just practice the champions vs bots (or vs humans if you're daring and don't mind losing). With two really bad people on a team it's probably pretty easy to even lose versus bots. :p

Masteries ARE probably rather important, but you can google guides that will explicitly suggest masteries if you don't want to pick ones that seem reasonable for your champion yourself. Remember you can make multiple pages. So far I try to have one page for mages, one page for attack-based characters, one page for tanks, one for junglers, that sort of thing.

Achtius

The funnest thing I did in LoL today. Self cast Black Shield as Morgana, flash in, ult, and use zhonya, stun everyone! It's like a slower version of amumu's ult.

but damn i suck at skill shot, but laning against brand was awesome. He can't kill me at all XD

Kunan

Morgana and Garen combo bot is amazing. This is the second time my friend and I did it and both times it has led to absolute lane domination. Landing Morg's snare is a near guaranteed kill every time. And even if she can't, you can still do part of the Pool/Silence/Spinny harass. By level 6 you can tower dive them over and over, destroy the tower and go help other lanes.

I'm JohnJames here.

2rpe8vc.png

Hypnotiq

Neo Member
perryfarrell said:
Well this game consisted of 2 idlers, and some racist... nobody was actually playing.

Then you should be able to surrender eventually. If not then tell the other team to push and get it over with.

Hypnotiq said:
Then you should be able to surrender eventually. If not then tell the other team to push and get it over with.

It was vs AI, which makes it even more silly. I understand that Riot is trying to help serious players and punish insta-quitters.. but they're taking it quite far.

Blizzard

Banned
perryfarrell said:
It was vs AI, which makes it even more silly. I understand that Riot is trying to help serious players and punish insta-quitters.. but they're taking it quite far.
Just make sure you report them as leavers/afk/whatever once the game is over. In theory that sends a report email, but I don't know how often anything happens as a result, or if there's protection against spam fake reports.

I've seen multiple instances where a player will say to report someone as "unskilled". Is there really a report option if a player isn't good at their champion? It's one thing to be bad, and another thing to intentionally sit in spawn or feed the other team.

Ferga

Kunan said:
Morgana and Garen combo bot is amazing. This is the second time my friend and I did it and both times it has led to absolute lane domination. Landing Morg's snare is a near guaranteed kill every time. And even if she can't, you can still do part of the Pool/Silence/Spinny harass. By level 6 you can tower dive them over and over, destroy the tower and go help other lanes.

Reminds me of the nunu/before-remake alistar combo i use to have in ranked :(

Go top lane, focus tower while healing with the occasional ice ball for the harass. When we got to 6, nunu would run straight up to the other team and ult while alistar ults and pulverises. So many double kills and destroyed towers in less than 7mins :(

Record time for a tower take with that combo was 3minutes if i can recall. Made a solo vlad go 0-5 in less than 5mins, was hilarious

Valygar

Blizzard said:
I've seen multiple instances where a player will say to report someone as "unskilled". Is there really a report option if a player isn't good at their champion? It's one thing to be bad, and another thing to intentionally sit in spawn or feed the other team.

Yes, and I'm pretty sure it goes to a trash bin, I've never seen that report in the Tribunal. That way they don't get reported as intentional feeders (trolls). At least that's the way I would have done that.

zugzug

what is the general opnion of Teemo....I got him by random and now I'm sorta loving him.....although I just ran into Annie and she was out ranging me and brand was with her same had that initial attack that out ranged me....they worked well in a team against me.

But Teemo certainly is very fragile

Ferga

zugzug said:
what is the general opnion of Teemo....I got him by random and now I'm sorta loving him.....although I just ran into Annie and she was out ranging me and brand was with her same had that initial attack that out ranged me....they worked well in a team against me.

ap + shroom up = become the most annoying champ in the game

Hypnotiq

Neo Member
zugzug said:

Ap i usually like best, seen some fail though when they are scared to plant shrooms around the map. Blinding melee or ranged champs is also cool in team fights if you last long enough.

Home

Oh hey season 2 will have a 5 million dollar prize pool:

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=346882

21 Minutes Ago
Summoners!

With League of Legends fans setting viewership records in the Western world for the League of Legends Season One Championship, we're as excited as you are to kick Season Two off in style. As you've helped us become one of the most popular online titles to date, we thought it was only appropriate that League of Legends Season Two should boast the largest prize pool in eSports.

The League of Legends Season Two prize pool will feature a record setting $5 million prize pool!

The thriving eSports community surrounding League of Legends continues to grow at an incredible pace, and it’s the enthusiasm of competitors from across the globe that has engendered this special opportunity. And with League of Legends featured as an official title in such landmark eSports organizations as Major League Gaming, Electronic Sports League, and the World Cyber Games, this substantially increased prize pool is just the first glimpse into what we have planned for the upcoming season.

The money will be funding prizing for local, national and international tournaments to foster and grow the League of Legends eSports scene. For starters, the new season will feature weekly livestreams of our ongoing regional tournaments in North America, and across both European enviornments, so stay tuned for more information on these broadcasts and to see a lot more of League of Legends enthusiasts like Phreak, ZenonTheStoic and Nikasaur.

League of Legends Season Two is coming this fall, summoners! And with $5 million on the line this time around, the League of Legends eSports scene just got even more exciting!

Ferny

FlightOfHeaven said:
As soon as Valve does and releases the full version of DotA 2.

I will definitely be playing a lot of DotA 2, considering the full feature set that they are going to have. I mean, this is just ridiculous.
A full Dota game just doesn't appeal to me. For me personally LoL just has that right amount of changes that makes the game fun. Most of the features they are pushing make sense for competitive play and everything but just normal games I dont think it factors as much. The replacing with a bot thing would be cool IF the AI is good.

Blizzard

Banned
In my never-ending quest (almost level 22) to be good at some champion and get more than a couple of kills, I tried Sivir for the first time yesterday. She seems pretty fun, but the closest analogy I can think of is Master Yi. They both only have one damaging ability, and Sivir has a shield instead of a heal, and a bounce instead of a damage boost. The ult is similar but Sivir helps her teammates.

The problem with that is that it seems silly to build AP on Sivir, and that leaves normal attacks as the only way she can do damage, at which point you have to have someone stunned or slowed and hope they don't just crush your squishy attack build. I assume Ashe has much longer range, plus she has options to stun and slow. I imagine frost hammer might helper Sivir but I don't think it was in the couple of build guides I looked at. Sivir is great versus towers (I had 5 kills one game), but being a backdoor-only character doesn't get you a lot of money.

On another note, we had a Dr. Mundo on our team with three warmog's plus some other stuff. He must have had some 4000+ HP by the end of the game, it was hilarious (though he did end up with like 4 deaths to go with his like 15+ kills and 15+ assists).

MUNDO DIES WHEN HE PLEASES

y2dvd

Blizzard said:
In my never-ending quest (almost level 22) to be good at some champion and get more than a couple of kills, I tried Sivir for the first time yesterday. She seems pretty fun, but the closest analogy I can think of is Master Yi. They both only have one damaging ability, and Sivir has a shield instead of a heal, and a bounce instead of a damage boost. The ult is similar but Sivir helps her teammates.

The problem with that is that it seems silly to build AP on Sivir, and that leaves normal attacks as the only way she can do damage, at which point you have to have someone stunned or slowed and hope they don't just crush your squishy attack build. I assume Ashe has much longer range, plus she has options to stun and slow. I imagine frost hammer might helper Sivir but I don't think it was in the couple of build guides I looked at. Sivir is great versus towers (I had 5 kills one game), but being a backdoor-only character doesn't get you a lot of money.

On another note, we had a Dr. Mundo on our team with three warmog's plus some other stuff. He must have had some 4000+ HP by the end of the game, it was hilarious (though he did end up with like 4 deaths to go with his like 15+ kills and 15+ assists).

MUNDO DIES WHEN HE PLEASES

Tanky mundo can get scary. Ignite that ho!

Oh man Season 2 will only get bigger. I will definitely enter MLG and support the competive scene.

Ferny73 said:
A full Dota game just doesn't appeal to me. For me personally LoL just has that right amount of changes that makes the game fun. Most of the features they are pushing make sense for competitive play and everything but just normal games I dont think it factors as much. The replacing with a bot thing would be cool IF the AI is good.

I'd still play of a lot of LoL if they brought in stuff like replays, clan support, the ability to spectate any game, and the ability to jump in a game that someone has left.

I still suspect and hold out hope that Riot is working on matching Valve tit for tat.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Teknopathetic said:
Wooooow. But hey, that's good news for e-sports in general. Even if it's not a straight up 5 million prize pool at a single tourney.
Yay marketspeak.

But otherwise this is pretty cool, can't wait to see what Valve announces to one-up this.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kozak said:
So...

When do countries that aren't part of NA or Europe get to participate in e-sports?
There's always SC2 for people in Asia Worst Korea!

Kozak said:
When do countries that aren't part of NA or Europe get to participate in e-sports?

Starcraft is dominated by Koreans, Dota by the Chinese. These two scenes are by far the biggest e-sports scenes worldwide. In fact, the West has a lot of catching up to do.

And to add one: fighting games such as Streetfighter are dominated by the Japanese (in the sense that they have the best players, not the biggest tourneys).

Maybe counterstrike is the one e-sport in which the West dominates.

f0rk

perryfarrell said:
And to add one: fighting games such as Streetfighter are dominated by the Japanese (in the sense that they have the best players, not the biggest tourneys).

Maybe counterstrike is the one e-sport in which the West dominates.

Quake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom