• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjord

Dance In My Blood said:
Then let me; Sivir is the most useless champion in the game and should never be picked by anyone who actually wants to contribute to their team.

You want my advice on what you should do with Sivir? Stop playing her. You could be getting better at champions that will actually have an impact on games instead.

Wouldn't be surprised if the metagame shifts and you eat those words. Sivir was dominant a few little changes back. Actually it was the nerf of her items that really took her out. If one good item for her gets introduced she'll be back, manamune is already great.

red13th

They nerfed her Q (IIRC, scales only with bonus AD and higher damage reduction for each target hit) and Ricochet (higher reduction per ricochet) too.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
well I suck with WW as well. there is literally no champ i can do decently with =/
I know the feeling oh so well! Your only choice is to play soraka (OH WAIT NERF) or tank or become a luxpert.

Are there any other champions than Sivir (and maybe Morgana) that have a spell shield? I really liked that ability. Incoming Ashe arrow? Shield. Annie stun? Shield. Stupid Nidalee spear from 30 feet away? Shield. Teemo mushroom? Shield. Veigar stun field? Shield and walk through it.

Fjord

red_13th said:
They nerfed her Q (IIRC, scales only with bonus AD and higher damage reduction for each target hit) and Ricochet (higher reduction per ricochet) too.

Well her boomerang went from

60/115/170/225/280

to

Base damage increased to 80/125/170/215/260
Bonus attack damage ratio increased to 1
Missile speed increased to 1350 from 1200.
Damage reduction to each subsequent target increased to 20% from 10%

It had three patches of buffs and I'd say its the best it's ever been right now. Ricochet reduction was from 22% to 25%, not such a big deal really.

I used to play a sivir build that really was a 15 minute win most of the time. But now Aegis doesn't have nearly as much of an aura or affect minions.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blizzard said:
Are there any other champions than Sivir (and maybe Morgana) that have a spell shield? I really liked that ability. Incoming Ashe arrow? Shield. Annie stun? Shield. Stupid Nidalee spear from 30 feet away? Shield. Teemo mushroom? Shield. Veigar stun field? Shield and walk through it.
Nocturne.

Boken

Banned
Blizzard said:
That's fair enough, but Sivir only has two ways to do any damage to people at all, barring ignite or items later on.

Advice is welcome. Lately I have been trying to do a core build of teleport + exhaust, buying doran's blade, attack speed shoes, bloodthirster, hextech, black cleaver.

Sivir's problem isn't damage but her range. She has a potential 2AD ratio on her Q, which is incredible damage.

She isn't as bad as Dance in blood says (the worst champion? rofl, no). She just requires much better positioning than most AD carries.
Her greatest strength is being the greatest minion clearer in the game. This puts you at a huge defensive advantage whenever you have Sivir on your team. It also means you get your items faster! and items carry :D

I dont know why you build hextech on her. People recommend IE because it gives you more AD than bloodthirsters if you keep dying. Sivir scales off AD mostly and then attackspeed. So in a very good game I'd probably get Bloodthirster x 2 (banshees, frozen mallet, last whisper, starks, BT, IE, madreds).

@Fjord: Boomerang blade used to scale off all attack damage. It also used to have a ratio greater than 1. They also reduced the bounce range on her ricochet which means its less likely that you'll carry the bounces to the back line of a team fight. It also means you can barely use it to harass in lane. The METAGAME when sivir was FOTM was split pushing, tower pressure and pokes. We've moved so far from that for now.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
I did okay as Annie for my first time playing with her, I might keep playing her for the rest of the week.
I will fight you for her! I suspect part of my problems with Annie may be that I keep the stun attack up so much, I don't burn abilities to farm minions, and thus don't get a ton of money to buy AP items.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
I will fight you for her! I suspect part of my problems with Annie may be that I keep the stun attack up so much, I don't burn abilities to farm minions, and thus don't get a ton of money to buy AP items.

But your Yi is free again :p

red13th

Fjord said:
Well her boomerang went from

60/115/170/225/280

to

Base damage increased to 80/125/170/215/260
Bonus attack damage ratio increased to 1
Missile speed increased to 1350 from 1200.
Damage reduction to each subsequent target increased to 20% from 10%

It had three patches of buffs and I'd say its the best it's ever been right now. Ricochet reduction was from 22% to 25%, not such a big deal really.

I used to play a sivir build that really was a 15 minute win most of the time. But now Aegis doesn't have nearly as much of an aura or affect minions.

Bolded part is the substantial nerf.
The scaling change is a nerf unless she's farmed. Ironically, it was a great tool for farming. It's a buff for farmed Sivir, but farmed Sivir has always been ridiculous. It's not like that aspect of her needed a buff.

And Ricochet had another nerf too, I think the bounce range was reduced.

Dance In My Blood said:
Soraka
* Starcall
** Cooldown reduced to 2.5 from 3
** Base damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
** AP ratio increased to .4 from .25
** Mana cost reduced to 35/40/45/50/55 from 40/50/60/70/80
** Shred increased to 8/9/10/11/12 from 8/8/8/8/8
** Maximum stacks reduced to 10 from 20

* Astral Blessing
** AP Ratio reduced to 0.45 from 0.9
** Cooldown increased to 20 from 10
** Base Heal increased to 65/130/195/260/325 from 60/120/180/240/300
** Armor Buff increased to 25/50/75/100/125 from 20/35/50/65/80
** Armor buff duration increased to 5 from 4
** Cast range increased to 750 from 650

* Infuse
** AP ratio increased to .75 from .6
** Cooldown reduced to 10 from 15
** Silence duration compressed to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
** No longer grants double mana to soraka on selfcast.

* Wish
** Wish AP ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.3
** Base heal reduced to 200/300/400 from 200/320/440
** Mana cost reduced to 100/175/250 from 200/275/350

Sona
* Aria of Perseverance
** Base heal reduced to 25/50/75/100/125 from 35/70/105/140/175
** AP Ratio reduced to .25 from .35
** Now grants double her passive aura bonus to her heal target and herself for 3 seconds.
* Fixed a bug where Hymn of Valor and Aria of Perseverance caused her to deal 20% reduced damage
* Reduced the lockout time while casting Sona's songs to make them more responsive.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12948349#post12948349
So good.
what's this then?

Achtius

Owlowiscious said:
oh can someone quote the link please
Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Hello Community!

In the spirit of sharing information I would like to give you all a preview of the support portion of the sustain remake that we are gradually pushing out to solve the sustain problems. The goal of the changes was to lower total healing per second, while trying to retain the saving power of the heals, or even increasing them. In the cast of some characters who suffer from lacking of things to do due to cooldowns, we've given much more power to their other abilities, and made them more frequently castable.

Once again a disclaimer: These changes are not final until they're live, and may be subject to change, please do not use this against me as I would love to continue this exchange of information.

Soraka
* Starcall
** Cooldown reduced to 2.5 from 3
** Base damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
** AP ratio increased to .4 from .25
** Mana cost reduced to 35/40/45/50/55 from 40/50/60/70/80
** Shred increased to 8/9/10/11/12 from 8/8/8/8/8
** Maximum stacks reduced to 10 from 20

* Astral Blessing
** AP Ratio reduced to 0.45 from 0.9
** Cooldown increased to 20 from 10
** Base Heal increased to 65/130/195/260/325 from 60/120/180/240/300
** Armor Buff increased to 25/50/75/100/125 from 20/35/50/65/80
** Armor buff duration increased to 5 from 4
** Cast range increased to 750 from 650

* Infuse
** AP ratio increased to .75 from .6
** Cooldown reduced to 10 from 15
** Silence duration compressed to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
** No longer grants double mana to soraka on selfcast.

* Wish
** Wish AP ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.3
** Base heal reduced to 200/300/400 from 200/320/440
** Mana cost reduced to 100/175/250 from 200/275/350

Sona
* Aria of Perseverance
** Base heal reduced to 25/50/75/100/125 from 35/70/105/140/175
** AP Ratio reduced to .25 from .35
** Now grants double her passive aura bonus to her heal target and herself for 3 seconds.
* Fixed a bug where Hymn of Valor and Aria of Perseverance caused her to deal 20% reduced damage
* Reduced the lockout time while casting Sona's songs to make them more responsive.

More coming soon when I get the info. I don't have information on the other healers yet.

If you want to discuss healing changes, join the PVP.net chatroom "SupportDiscussion" , I'll try to hang out in there when I can.

It's the same thing

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So they nerfed Soraka's Heal, but made her Mana giving ability better? That doesn't sound entirely balanced.

Going to have to do Soraka/Taric lane again after that goes live.

Kog'Maw is ridiculously fun. Had a 7/0/5 game with him on my first try and we took the game fast.

My only problem with him is that he's pretty squishy. I almost bit it several times after taking a few hits.

Blizzard

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
Kog'Maw is ridiculously fun. Had a 7/0/5 game with him on my first try and we took the game fast.

My only problem with him is that he's pretty squishy. I almost bit it several times after taking a few hits.
I really like him as well, but I had one or two terrible games where I hardly killed anyone. I feel like getting his attack speed up to 2.5 may be a waste, so I should probably get an attack damage boost item as well.

red13th

Mister Wilhelm said:

He's my favourite character, but I almost never play him because he dies to everything. :(
Reindeer Koggy is my favourite skin ever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Boken said:
She isn't as bad as Dance in blood says (the worst champion? rofl, no).
Somewhat of an exaggeration, but yeah, Sivir is easily bottom of the barrel. Being able to push waves is something numerous champions who are actually useful in team fights can also do. I don't really feel like Sivir can push faster than Trist or Anivia or a bunch of other characters, so if that's her defining asset she doesn't really have a lot going for her.

Kozak

Banned
Guys guys, the only bad champion in this game is actually Yorrick.

I don't think I've ever seen a champion written off so fast even after buffs. I feel sorry for those who spent their hard earned IP on him.

dimb

Kozak said:
Guys guys, the only bad champion in this game is actually Yorrick.

I don't think I've ever seen a champion written off so fast even after buffs. I feel sorry for those who spent their hard earned IP on him.
Wow, no. I love Yorick. He could do amazing things before the nerf and he can do alright things after it. Very solid and versatile champion.

Kozak

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Wow, no. I love Yorick. He could do amazing things before the nerf and he can do alright things after it. Very solid and versatile champion.

You love Yorick but think Siv is bottom barrel???

Blizzard

Banned
I tried AP kogmaw in a human vs bot game for fun. We pushed the lanes so much that the sorceror's shoes + deathcap + archangel's was pretty much all I could buy in the first 26-30 minutes, sadly. So expensive!

It was highly entertaining to blow away someone like Taric when he would attempt to do something to me, though.

Just picked this game up a days ago, very fun so far. (Only playing co-op vs AI.)

Is Morgana a decent hero? I like the 'spell immunity shield->pin opponent down->black ground area of effect spell'.

Really enjoying this game, and the genre in general. Can't wait for the big things to come with Dota2.

dimb

Kozak said:
I am just going to assume you don't respect Yorick for the boss he is because you haven't seen him in action very often. Looking at some stats for the last build he had the second highest win/loss ratio after Gangplank.

Blizzard said:
I really like him as well, but I had one or two terrible games where I hardly killed anyone. I feel like getting his attack speed up to 2.5 may be a waste, so I should probably get an attack damage boost item as well.

I didn't even get attack speed, I went for a more mana oriented build so I could use his ult all day. Every time the other team pushed a tower I'd hide in the bushes and acid rain them.

red_13th said:
He's my favourite character, but I almost never play him because he dies to everything. :(
Reindeer Koggy is my favourite skin ever.

If he wasn't so damn expensive I'd buy him.

red13th

Kozak said:

WTF, Yorick is awesome. Sivir is good too but requires too much farm. They are both good.

Morgana is a good character but has a high skillcap IMO because of that stupid skillshot.

Twinduct

Hey Guys,
Gonna try my luck at this game. How much impact does latency have in these games?
Like if I run a ping of say 300-400 .. it shouldn't effect the game for the others too much right?

Twinduct said:
Hey Guys,
Gonna try my luck at this game. How much impact does latency have in these games?
Like if I run a ping of say 300-400 .. it shouldn't effect the game for the others too much right?

Try a game, during the loading screen, you'll see a number that represents your ping below your champion portrait.

VaLiancY

Hero said:
Why the hell is Sona getting nerfed??

They want to nerf sustain in lane so they could nerf the passivity they've been trying to curb for a few months now.

Taric - (The comprehensive Taric changes will be out the following patch)
* Base attack speed increased to .625 from .613
* Imbue
** Ability power ratio reduced to 0.6 from 1.1
** Cooldown increased to 24/23/22/21/20 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12
** Basic attacks against enemy champions now reduce Imbue’s cooldown by 4 seconds (still 2 seconds against other targets)

Nidalee
* Javelin Toss
** Mana Cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 60/70/80/90/100
** Cooldown reduced to 6 from 7
* Pounce
** May now be affected by cooldown reduction
** Cooldown increased to 3.5 from 3
* Primal Surge
** Mana cost changed to 60/80/100/120/140
** Base heal changed to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
** AP ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.25
* Swipe AP ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
* Aspect of the Cougar now grants 10/15/20 Armor and Magic Resist instead of 10% Dodge
* General
** Cleaned up a lot of Nidalee's tooltips, especially Cougar form

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom