• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
I hope it's truly outrageous.
I almost said something like this exact sentence, except with "~outrageous~". <3

Wrekt said:
Just what everybody wanted. A less durable melee champ.
As opposed to what, tanky DPS? Weren't people were complaining about that too? (I need to find a good tanky DPS to play, I suppose)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope it's "new" new and not "Kayle remake" new.

Haly

Greetings, Summoners!

Today we wanted to bring you a peek into the mechanics behind Talon, the Blade's Shadow, the new assassin that's joining the League!

Talon, the Blade's Shadow, is a physical damage assassin who specializes in high-mobility, high-risk, high-reward gameplay. Our goal with Talon was to create a powerful but fragile melee character with specialized tools to make him both deadly and evasive. As a result, what Talon lacks in durability and sustain, he dishes out in mobility and power.

The driving force behind Talon's gameplay is the way that he engages and disengages from combat using his four abilities:

Cutthroat: An ability that allows Talon to catch his enemies by surprise. Talon leaps behind his target and silences them for a short duration, amplifying the damage of any of his follow up attacks and abilities.
Noxian Diplomacy: Talon viciously stabs his enemy, dealing heavy physical damage and causing them to leave a blood trail that Talon can use to track them.
Rake: Talon fans out three blades in front of him that quickly return to him, dealing damage and slowing any target hit in either direction.
Shadow Assault (Ultimate): Talon enters stealth for a short duration, gaining a movement speed boost and sending blades that deal damage to all enemies in their path flying in every direction. Once the blades reach a certain distance, they pause and form a circle. When Talon reappears from stealth, the blades return to him, once again dealing damage to any opponent they pass through.
Mercy (Passive): Talon's auto-attacks deal additional damage to a target that is under the influence of any crowd control effect.
Playing Talon effectively is all about reading the situation and reacting strategically to your target. Shadow Assault can be either your saving grace or your deadliest advance. Using it to disappear can sting your target and leave them chasing ghosts. But if it's a fight you want, using it to initiate in conjuction with Cutthroat, Noxian Diplomacy, and Mercy can deal significant burst damage.

To sum up, Talon's a mean, shadowy, vicious assassin... and we're excited to see him join the League soon. And as a side note, his mobility and elusiveness makes him a very good pick on Dominion!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12270491#post12270491

--

Honestly -- you were voted to be punished because you completely deserved it. I'd go so far as to say that you don't deserve an explanation - because of how negative of an experience you've created for others around you in-game.

You've been reported two hundred times for completely legitimate reasons, and constantly create a negative experience for those around you.

Offenses include constant verbal harassment, and intentionally feeding when your team wouldn't surrender, trying to get the other team to report your teammates falsely, etc.

It's actually so bad that you're frequently reported by members of not even your own team - but the opposing team as well.

Based on my review of your account history, the way you choose to conduct yourself in games and the simple fact that you clearly show no remorse for your actions or intention of changing, I've decided to permanently close your account.

I wish you luck in future gaming endeavors.

LOL

thanks. so soon i'll be drawing penises with my own blood. neat

edit: i was repling to halycon's post, but it'd probably be the same if i found out my account was closed, too

Haly

Owlowiscious said:
thanks. so soon i'll be drawing penises with my own blood. neat
Actually, they're the ones who bleed so you're going to have to ask them to walk around in a penis shape.

Or to write "PROM" in script.

huh? i'm not playing assassins. i'm not buying this (in my opinion because i don't play assassins) shitty character.

so yes i'll be drawing penises and smiley faces and FU whenever I get hit with it

edit: just thinking of how to make it possible and thought to myself "it will be easiest to have a penis coming from inside the bush"

Haly

Watch them add "does not work with items" in the next patch just to mess with you.

Neki

Uchip said:
an extra 200 damage to everyone when the ult hits their team isnt THAT useless
because you're going to have your passive on all of them already, and they're all going to be all in a straight line for you to do damage to?

Haly

Uchip is so awesome, he can hit their entire team even if they're surrounding him.

Haly

FlightOfHeaven said:
Well, he can just throw down an orb...
I wish people clustered together in a neat circle for me. Must be nice.

I just started playing an I'm incredibly impressed with how polished the game is in every area. The amount of information available is astounding. If anyone wants to play (or coach) with a noob, I'd appreciate it. My LoL name is TurnipKnight.

Haly

Uchip said:
never clairvoyanced a bush and seen the whole team waiting?
I typically do short range scouting with Lucent Singularity actually. I reserve Clair for long range scouting.

Uchip

Banned
2th said:
and then a blitz hook pops out dragging you to your instant demise

yeah because id cv a bush right next to me when theres a blitz on the team and im playing lux who has a freaking facecheck spell....

oh wait

mr. puppy

Banned
alright guys, huge LoL noob here. I've played DOTA all the way back and forth and I'm a damn encylclopedia for the game.

I have just two brief questions:

1) Whats a good all around hero, similar to POTM from Dota? I like the guys who can semi-carry throughout. Training mode had me play as the archer girl, but she was kindof Drow Ranger....not too good early in the game.

2) Are the 'recommended builds' that you see when you click on an item shop actually good builds, or are there far better ones that most people use?

I've only played two games, one as the robot guy who is like a poorly designed Pudge, and one as the guy who is a tower-diver like bloodseeker, so I don't have too much idea what I'm doing.

Home

TotalBiscuit commentated a dominion match with a riot employee while playing:

http://youtu.be/5jkSaUaqeFU

Looks pretty good. The riot guy said that the average time for a match is around 21 minutes, which is really nice if you want to play a quick game. Some new items in there as well.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Home said:
TotalBiscuit commentated a dominion match with a riot employee while playing:

http://youtu.be/5jkSaUaqeFU

Looks pretty good. The riot guy said that the average time for a match is around 21 minutes, which is really nice if you want to play a quick game. Some new items in there as well.

That looks like a ton of fun. It comes out after PAX?

Blizzard

Banned
You know, killing bots is actually kind of relaxing, and makes for a shorter game typically. The only danger is that you may occasionally get stuck with a team with two useless people and lose to beginner bots.

One exception to "relaxing" is Soraka bot. Someone was explaining to me that bots get cheating cooldown and stat values, and don't have to worry about money. Soraka heals so much damage, so quickly, it's super annoying until you're all farmed up and can do heavy damage.

Last night I also saw something I don't think I've ever seen before. At level 1, one or two people on our team were in the edge of the jungle mid. I suppose one might have been a jungler waiting in a bush for the round to start. What appeared to be the entire other team showed up in the jungle, killed one or two of our team who were lurking around the middle, got the blue buff, and left for their lanes. Is that a viable strategy people should try, or mainly just viable if you suspect a jungler will be afk at the start?

red13th

If you split push, it's pretty hard to lose to bots (unless your champ can't push).

Ferrio said:
I hope it's truly outrageous.

I hope he gets a boyfriend, being alone made him angry as we can see from his new skin.

Ferny

Wow Dominion looks super fun. Seeing a game play out was awesome and all the little changes look outstanding. The end game screen looks even better. I think Riot is doing well to keep LoL up there with DOTA 2.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thing this belongs here, my post from the Dominion thread:
This was actually very interesting. Hell, it was probably better than watching any other moba game match, because of the lack of the laning phase and stuff like that.
I was skeptical about this mode before, but right now I seriously can't wait.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:
Last night I also saw something I don't think I've ever seen before. At level 1, one or two people on our team were in the edge of the jungle mid. I suppose one might have been a jungler waiting in a bush for the round to start. What appeared to be the entire other team showed up in the jungle, killed one or two of our team who were lurking around the middle, got the blue buff, and left for their lanes. Is that a viable strategy people should try, or mainly just viable if you suspect a jungler will be afk at the start?
Happens a lot, but I wouldn't try to push a team to do it unless you know they're good. People see it as a good way to mess up junglers who they think will be starting at blue. Even if that person isn't around they can steal blue buff together and be on their way.
mr. puppy said:
1) Whats a good all around hero, similar to POTM from Dota? I like the guys who can semi-carry throughout. Training mode had me play as the archer girl, but she was kindof Drow Ranger....not too good early in the game.

2) Are the 'recommended builds' that you see when you click on an item shop actually good builds, or are there far better ones that most people use?

I've only played two games, one as the robot guy who is like a poorly designed Pudge, and one as the guy who is a tower-diver like bloodseeker, so I don't have too much idea what I'm doing.
1)Probably look in to buying Gangplank long term, short term I would say you should try every champion that's free in a week if you can, but definitely test out Morgana, Annie, and Kog'maw.

2) Recommended builds are far from optimal. They're just items that might be (or have been) a good fit for your champion. Easiest thing to do while starting out is to check out some guide at http://www.solomid.net/guides.php. Just don't get too caught up in trying to follow the guide and know that if you're fighting mages you should pick up magic resist, stuff like that.

Kozak

Banned
Blizzard said:
You know, killing bots is actually kind of relaxing, and makes for a shorter game typically. The only danger is that you may occasionally get stuck with a team with two useless people and lose to beginner bots.

One exception to "relaxing" is Soraka bot. Someone was explaining to me that bots get cheating cooldown and stat values, and don't have to worry about money. Soraka heals so much damage, so quickly, it's super annoying until you're all farmed up and can do heavy damage.

You can have 3 idiots feeding the bots and still win a game by yourself.

All you need is Yi: Occult, Mejais = GG.

Just be super aggressive at the beginning and run when they're willing to fight because they will chase you to the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom