• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddhu33

When I play a game, and a 0/7/7/ morgana doesn't use oracle (when she has bought it) when there is a fed akali on the other team, and then ends up calling me a noob, i don't know what to do anymore...

Ferny

siddhu33 said:
When I play a game, and a 0/7/7/ morgana doesn't use oracle (when she has bought it) when there is a fed akali on the other team, and then ends up calling me a noob, i don't know what to do anymore...
Lately I just hit my head on my keyboard once then move on. Seems to work fine.

Ferrio

Banned
So played Lux for the first time. What a really fun character. Love using skillshots.

Also picked up cass with my IP. I had never played her before, or even seen her played so it was a big gamble. Very interesting character, a lot different than any dota character. Most skill spammy hero I've ever seen, will take some getting used to.

2th

Banned
so ive been watching the Dota2 stream a lot for the last 2 days. Yeah i really dont think i will be switching to it over LoL. I dont want to give up my Udyr among other things.

Boken

Banned
Well, DotA2 is DotA2 and Valve have injected incredible love and production value into the game. And I suppose I do miss DotA, not having played it in so long. But I hated not being able to carry as a mage. And how much of a badass god damn carries were late game.

I do miss from DotA though, is
being able to punish carries by ganking them at good times;
items are actually dynamic and part of the gameplay;
varied champion mechanics.

Dominion looks like it will be a fun mess. I envisiage my Phantom Dancer x 5 Rammus build to dominate games.

Boken

Banned
DotA2 is HoN with a Valve logo slapped onto it. And a fresh new prettier coat of paint. And better support. And a better production. And a better balance team. And more people would rather play DotA2.

eznark

Banned
Boken said:
DotA2 is HoN with a Valve logo slapped onto it. And a fresh new prettier coat of paint. And better support. And a better production. And a better balance team. And more people would rather play DotA2.

That and a semi-managed community will be plenty.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And Naga Siren.

Don't forget Naga Siren.

She's not in the game yet but she will be!

eznark said:
That and a semi-managed community will be plenty.
Really? You don't want this genre that refuses to budge from its place of birth to go anywhere remotely interesting? This is it? We need yet another figure in a crowded, small room? I don't understand gamers anymore.

Haly

Mr. B Natural said:
Really? You don't want this genre that refuses to budge from its place of birth to go anywhere remotely interesting?
Why do people assume branching out is a good thing?

Sure if you want to expand on the formula, try new things, explore the possibilities, you're free to do so. But that doesn't mean the original game should be abandoned. And Icefrog IS the primary developer of DOTA, regardless of what Guinsoo fanboys would have you believe. Why is it any surprise he wants a chance to improve his game without the restrictions of the WC3 engine and B.Net client?

Look at what Riot's done with League of Legends. Fun? Yes. Wildly successful? Also yes. Balanced? No, it has a mess of issues stemming from the fact that it wasn't initially designed with competitive play in mind, and now that lack of foresight is coming back to bite them in the ass. Champion design is creatively bankrupt (Orianna was the only good thing they made in a long time), and now, depending on how much they push Dominion, the champion balance is going to get worse.

eznark

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
Really? You don't want this genre that refuses to budge from its place of birth to go anywhere remotely interesting? This is it? We need yet another figure in a crowded, small room? I don't understand gamers anymore.

Huh?

I expect Steam to endlessly innovate with Dota 2, like they do with TF2. New modes, new maps...it'll be rad as hell. Not to mention how easy it will be for modders to add gametypes and maps.

That's why I bolded better support. I cannot wait to see what Valve does to keep this game fresh!

Champion design is creatively bankrupt
Erm, outside of Demigod, the champion design in all of these games is direct rips of WCIII

Gowans

I need some LoL friends

I'm Gowans007.

I have about 1000ip to spend dunno what to splash it on. Scare to use anyone but Tristana after trying and hating Nunu.

Any tips?

Ferrio

Banned
Gowans007 said:
I need some LoL friends

I'm Gowans007.

I have about 1000ip to spend dunno what to splash it on. Scare to use anyone but Tristana after trying and hating Nunu.

Any tips?

You're in the neogaf room right? Tons of people always there. Can't always get them to respond to me though!

Haly

eznark said:
Erm, outside of Demigod, the champion design in all of these games is direct rips of WCIII
I'm talking about the whole "beefy melee dps that can do everything" mindset currently plaguing Riot's champion designers.

Azar

Gowans007 said:
I need some LoL friends

I'm Gowans007.

Any tips?
Play AP Tristana. Surprise everyone with insane burst damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Halycon said:
Why do people assume branching out is a good thing?

Sure if you want to expand on the formula, try new things, explore the possibilities, you're free to do so. But that doesn't mean the original game should be abandoned. And Icefrog IS the primary developer of DOTA, regardless of what Guinsoo fanboys would have you believe. Why is it any surprise he wants a chance to improve his game without the restrictions of the WC3 engine and B.Net client?

Look at what Riot's done with League of Legends. Fun? Yes. Wildly successful? Also yes. Balanced? No, it has a mess of issues stemming from the fact that it wasn't initially designed with competitive play in mind, and now that lack of foresight is coming back to bite them in the ass. Champion design is creatively bankrupt (Orianna was the only good thing they made in a long time), and now, depending on how much they push Dominion, the champion balance is going to get worse.
It's like everything you post is streaming directly from my brain xD

eznark said:
not the art design the move pool and character playstyle design

Boken said:
Well, DotA2 is DotA2 and Valve have injected incredible love and production value into the game. And I suppose I do miss DotA, not having played it in so long. But I hated not being able to carry as a mage. And how much of a badass god damn carries were late game.

I do miss from DotA though, is
being able to punish carries by ganking them at good times;
items are actually dynamic and part of the gameplay;
varied champion mechanics.

Dominion looks like it will be a fun mess. I envisiage my Phantom Dancer x 5 Rammus build to dominate games.

I agree with this in full.

I thought Valve was thinking about making casters scale? What the hell happened there? That and Brush were my favorite two things about LoL.

Haly

FlightOfHeaven said:
I thought Valve was thinking about making casters scale? What the hell happened there? That and Brush were my favorite two things about LoL.
Remember that leak on 4chan that was quickly debunked to be false?

The idea came from there, not Valve or anything Icefrog said. I didn't discover that until recently.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FlightOfHeaven said:
I agree with this in full.

brush is indeed a cool thing. Casters and moves in general scaling the way they do... fuck no. It really ruins how complex the fights could have gotten but that goes out the window with how stupidly high the overall damage scales in LoL which is my biggest turn off for it. *besides generic ass items*

Haly

I don't think brush is necessary with destructible forest. Where would you even put them? Considering how many heroes have controllable units it's a simple matter to send them ahead to scout. Hell, you can get Furion to keep a single treant in every nearby brush if you wanted to.

Since the lanes in LoL are mirrored across mid, they had to add an additional element to make bot/top lane more exciting. In DOTA, both top and bottom lanes are vulnerable to river ganks and jungle ganks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I agree that brush wouldn't fit in DotA cause of the way the map is set up and mechanics of the game. I was just agreeing that within LoL's rule set the brush makes the game a lot better than it would be with out it.

The only thing I would put in DotA from LoL is fiddlesticks. He feels like the only hero that could actually roll with how strong the DotA heroes are in general. My friends and I actually had a long ass debate on who could survive in DotA xD

Haly

They'd have to change his drain life though, it's too much like Pugna's ult.

But otherwise I like the idea of a disruptor like fiddlesticks.

2th

Banned
Drkirby said:
One of my friends really wants a singed like character in Dota also.

which aspects of singed? the evil tank making, super speed and health regenerating ult, or the fact that combined with his ult and poison trail all you have to do is run circles around whole teams to wrack up a penta kill?

man now i want to go play me some singed

I'd like... ummm, Jarvan IV. I have no idea if he'd fit in DotA or not, though.

Screaming "FOR THE RADIANT" as you plunge into battle heroically would be AWESOME

Gowans

Just had a ace game where I was left to the middle and lead the win. :)

Azar said:
Play AP Tristana. Surprise everyone with insane burst damage.
AP? love her, her gun is awesome.
Ferrio said:
You're in the neogaf room right? Tons of people always there. Can't always get them to respond to me though!
There's a gaf room? how do I join?

No tips on decent characters to spend my meagre amounts of IP on?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FlightOfHeaven said:
I'd like... ummm, Jarvan IV. I have no idea if he'd fit in DotA or not, though.

Screaming "FOR THE RADIANT" as you plunge into battle heroically would be AWESOME
He'd get owned kinda badly xD Once you start playing DotA *when ever that is* You'll start to see why the DotA heroes in general are OP as fuck compared to LoL heroes *but balanced vs each other*

QisTopTier said:
He'd get owned kinda badly xD Once you start playing DotA *when ever that is* You'll start to see why the DotA heroes in general are OP as fuck compared to LoL heroes *but balanced vs each other*

Oh, I used to play, but I stopped around 6.1x. I know that LoL champions would be eaten alive in DotA, but he's still be fun as an initiator.

I'm really impressed by how creative the heroes got since I stopped playing. Hell, Doom didn't have that secondary ability on his Consumer.

I do wish Riot would be a tad more creative.

Cerepol

FlightOfHeaven said:
Oh, I used to play, but I stopped around 6.1x. I know that LoL champions would be eaten alive in DotA, but he's still be fun as an initiator.

I'm really impressed by how creative the heroes got since I stopped playing. Hell, Doom didn't have that secondary ability on his Consumer.

I do wish Riot would be a tad more creative.

Riot's really held back by their rules of anti-anti-fun moves. I mean look at Doombringer's ?LVL skill. Its hilariously fun but its entirely nonsensical and can do a ton of damage depending on what level your on. No one new to the game would know this unless they had met him before (or had someone tell them).

Gowans007 said:
I need some LoL friends

I'm Gowans007.

Any tips?

I'll send you a request. I actually just came here to ask for some LOL partners.

I keep getting into horrible games where I go 5-2 and the rest of my team is like 3-11-2.

My name is game is the same as the forum - MisterWilhelm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom