• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemax

Banned
Yeah so I played another as Sivir, she's a terrible solo mid. I think if I played her on a decent arranged team I might have fun but for public queue games she's worthless.

eznark

Banned
word to the wise, ban shacco. Just played a match where our captain allowed shacco in, drafted by the other team first had three kills instantly, before we could even buy sight wards.

Ouch

eznark said:
word to the wise, ban shacco. Just played a match where our captain allowed shacco in, drafted by the other team first had three kills instantly, before we could even buy sight wards.

Ouch

Yeah Shaco is autoban imo, along with Soraka and Shen. They nerfed Pantheon (or at least, tinkered with him to make his early game less effective) but left Shaco the same, who has a somewhat similar role of running around at low levels abusing a very powerful early game. His PvE is too strong, should have been looked at for the Season One patch.

eznark

Banned
fuuuuuu, this draft i am in now didn't ban shen. Man, sometimes games are won and lost in the draft. Hopefully our Morg is good

Einherjar

The four must ban overpowered champions right now are: Heimer, Xin Zhao, Shaco, and Soraka. Shen actually isn't that bad anymore but I guess people don't like it when they get a good ult off and save a teammate + net a kill.

Pantheon is still dominant early game, you just need to level Aegis then Spear and ignore HSS.

Blackface

Banned
I know you guys say NuNu sucks, but god damn do I love playing with him. It's probably just the lower summoner levels though

cXMey.jpg

Kyoufu

Finding a game without 2 complete morons feeding is just impossible. My 2 friends and I are seriously considering Twisted Treeline because we just can't depend on the match-making to find us competent teammates.

Its so bad that we just beg Riot to have a vote to kick player option.

edit: protip against shaco: buy a fucking oracle lol

eznark

Banned
I've played five randoms tonight and each one was bearable. We had a feedie Cho in one but he was receptive to feedback and it got sorted out. I've only had one or two really terrible teammates and based on the last two evenings it seems like the solo queue matches are evening out. Mostly pretty solid evenly matched games.

Kyoufu said:
Finding a game without 2 complete morons feeding is just impossible. My 2 friends and I are seriously considering Twisted Treeline because we just can't depend on the match-making to find us competent teammates.

that's the same problem I've been having.

geeez, majority of the time I get crappy teammates.

bluemax said:
Yeah so I played another as Sivir, she's a terrible solo mid. I think if I played her on a decent arranged team I might have fun but for public queue games she's worthless.

if you have mana regen runes her bouncing glaives are a pain in the ass.

in my experiences she's pretty good for mid.

bluemax

Banned
Kyoufu said:

I don't like Oracles, too pricey and they go away when you die. I prefer wards a lot, but even then they're not 100%.

It's funny months ago I had a conversation with one of the producers about how OP Evelyn and Twitch were (this was back when I was like summoner level 10 or so) and he said that it mostly stemmed from the game not explaining anti stealth well enough, but even though I grok the anti stealth stuff better I still find Shaco to be annoying as fuck. Evelyn not so much because most people who play her just sit and wait to gank and fall behind on exp/gold. Twitch is 50/50.

There needs to be a champion with a passive who can see stealth characters. I've been working on a design to submit to them for a cowboy type champ, maybe that can be his passive...

LonelyIsland said:
if you have mana regen runes her bouncing glaives are a pain in the ass.

in my experiences she's pretty good for mid.

Too slow, too low of health. With most caster champs I can have higher health at level 10 or so then I get with Sivir by end game. And her range is so bad that Kat can Shunpo her to death and she's just not quick enough to move around. I just can't see Sivir as a carry at higher levels.

Blackface said:
I know you guys say NuNu sucks, but god damn do I love playing with him. It's probably just the lower summoner levels though

I see two MR items on the other team. Plus you built a snow ball item and never lost you stacks. When you play higher level teams they'll be smarter and build MR and try to focus you more so that your stacks don't get out of control.

I don't build things like Meja's or Sword of the Occult anymore because I find it harder to maintain the stacks like I used to.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Poppy is AWESOME.

What's so bad about Shen?

sillik

Banned
long time LoL player here, if any EU gaffers want one less idiot in his team invite me. I'm only in the 1300-1400 bracket, but i know the ropes. I main anivia and rammus.

"There needs to be a champion with a passive who can see stealth characters. I've been working on a design to submit to them for a cowboy type champ, maybe that can be his passive..."

Yessss...Way too many ninjas (seriously, Riot, I know Ninjas are cool but come on).

bluemax

Banned
Halycon said:
Poppy is AWESOME.

What's so bad about Shen?

1. Taunt, there's nothing really to counter taunt.

2. Being a tank and not having mana gives him great lane control

3. His ult can save people quite nicely.

Teknopathetic said:
"There needs to be a champion with a passive who can see stealth characters. I've been working on a design to submit to them for a cowboy type champ, maybe that can be his passive..."

Yessss...Way too many ninjas (seriously, Riot, I know Ninjas are cool but come on).

I only have 2, possibly 3 of his abilities thought up so far. I want to make him a ranged AD type character. I feel there aren't enough of those right now. Everything lately has been melee or a caster.

Blackface said:
I know you guys say NuNu sucks, but god damn do I love playing with him. It's probably just the lower summoner levels though.
He's definitely solid at low levels (and I don't know anything beyond that).

"Just bought Annie, she seems more my play style. Anyone got some build links/tips or advice for using her?"

I play annie a lot. General build is rush Rod of Ages ASAP, then Summoner Shoes, Archangel's Staff, Void Staff, then Zhonya's Ring. Deathfire Grasp is a great item that gives annie an extra nuke, but I'd go for that at the end if the game drags on really long and you have an excess of cash.

Note, Annie is worthless when her spells are on cooldown so *back off* after you blow them in a team fight then come back in. Also, pay attention to her passive stun. Use her ult *only* when her stun is up. That's not to say save the stun for your Ultimate, so much as save your ultimate for your stun. In a team fight, Annie's biggest contribution is a massive damage AOE stun with Tibbers.

bluemax said:
It's funny months ago I had a conversation with one of the producers about how OP Evelyn and Twitch were (this was back when I was like summoner level 10 or so) and he said that it mostly stemmed from the game not explaining anti stealth well enough, but even though I grok the anti stealth stuff better I still find Shaco to be annoying as fuck. Evelyn not so much because most people who play her just sit and wait to gank and fall behind on exp/gold. Twitch is 50/50.

That's because Eve and Twitch are actively bad heros. Shaco isn't. Blink has *much* more to do with why Shaco is good than invis. See also: any other friggin hero with blink.

Blackface

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"Just bought Annie, she seems more my play style. Anyone got some build links/tips or advice for using her?"

I play annie a lot. General build is rush Rod of Ages ASAP, then Summoner Shoes, Archangel's Staff, Void Staff, then Zhonya's Ring. Deathfire Grasp is a great item that gives annie an extra nuke, but I'd go for that at the end if the game drags on really long and you have an excess of cash.

Note, Annie is worthless when her spells are on cooldown so *back off* after you blow them in a team fight then come back in. Also, pay attention to her passive stun. Use her ult *only* when her stun is up. That's not to say save the stun for your Ultimate, so much as save your ultimate for your stun. In a team fight, Annie's biggest contribution is a massive damage AOE stun with Tibbers.

Thanks for the info. So I take it this build isn't that great? http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/annie-the-frostfire-warlock-213

No idea where to look for builds. Trying to find the EJ of LOL but not sure what site fits that description.

"Thanks for the info. So I take it this build isn't that great? http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...re-warlock-213"

No, that build is fine, it pretty much gets the same items with some variation (and I forgot about Mejai, oops).

So after a string of Hurr Durr team mates this morning I just had the most amazing game and had to brag about it.

Right as creeps spawn our Tryndamere DC's. Never comes back. About 2 minutes in, bottom lane consisting of Morgana and Xin get a kill. Okay. Then they get another...And another...and at the 5 minute mark, the enemy bottom tower is down (Yes, the 5 minute mark). about a minute later, Xin and Morgana come to mid and help me gank Ezreal. We kill that tower. Two towers down at the 7 minute mark. A string of small fights break out leaving us well ahead around the 14-15 minute mark 13 kills, no deaths. This pretty much continues until the opposing team /surrenders precisely at the 25 minute mark when, at that point, I had 20 stacks on my Mejai Soulstealer. Final tally?

2isbl1e.jpg

:)

VaLiancY

Blackface said:
Just bought Annie, she seems more my play style. Anyone got some build links/tips or advice for using her?

Tibbers Bomb. Learn it and people will hate you because of it. She has an awesome passive which helps her farm and turn the tide in team fights.

The new champion + Tibbers Bomb = Hilarity.

KePoW

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Sweet as a total noob I was looking for something like this, although half these guides and stuff look shitty :lol

Part of playing games is figuring stuff out on your own. You don't have to follow a guide down to the last detail.

Tetsuo9

Teknopathetic said:
So after a string of Hurr Durr team mates this morning I just had the most amazing game and had to brag about it.

Right as creeps spawn our Tryndamere DC's. Never comes back. About 2 minutes in, bottom lane consisting of Morgana and Xin get a kill. Okay. Then they get another...And another...and at the 5 minute mark, the enemy bottom tower is down (Yes, the 5 minute mark). about a minute later, Xin and Morgana come to mid and help me gank Ezreal. We kill that tower. Two towers down at the 7 minute mark. A string of small fights break out leaving us well ahead around the 14-15 minute mark 13 kills, no deaths. This pretty much continues until the opposing team /surrenders precisely at the 25 minute mark when, at that point, I had 20 stacks on my Mejai Soulstealer. Final tally?

2isbl1e.jpg

:)
Oh those games are great, but it so rare that you can actually win 4v5, it has only happened like 2 or 3 times in a lot of games.

JoeFu said:
I always forget to get the soulstealer and whenever I do I suck and die all the time
Only buy soulstealer if you have a significant K/D advantage, like 2-0 or 3-0.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I was looking at Leaguecraft and it looks like Fiddlesticks may be a good jungling character.

Apparently he can kill the golem at level 1 and dragon at level 4...

I'm going to try it out! :D

Shrennin

EviLore said:

Well, you did well at least. How did you lose this one? It looks like your team was owning in K/D so I guess the other team turret dived and constantly pushed until you had no turrets left to protect the nexus?

Tetsuo9

Shrinnan said:
I was looking at Leaguecraft and it looks like Fiddlesticks may be a good jungling character.

Yes but you will need smite.

y2dvd

My item build with annie goes something like

blue crystal (forgot the names lol)
potion x 2
boots
mejai (if i can afford it by then)
rod of ages
archangel staff

I still dunno item match ups i guess. What items are good vs dps or ap or tank for instance?

Evillore: was that a 2 hr game? lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Shrinnan said:
Well, you did well at least. How did you lose this one? It looks like your team was owning in K/D so I guess the other team turret dived and constantly pushed until you had no turrets left to protect the nexus?

Enemy team had control of baron multiple times (my team ignored me when I said we should get it; I probably should've just soloed it...), and they just had more successful pushes, mostly thanks to their Master Yi taking down a lot of turrets, as you can see on the stats.

Our soraka was horrid. We were lane partners against mordekaiser and warwick, and soraka would run up and try to starcall mordekaiser and instead take like 50% hp from morde's AoE, then heal herself and repeat. Would not heal me unless I was at 30% hp, even though with frequent heals (and mana manipulator keeping my mana up) I could've been harassing them effectively with empowered leaps. I said as much, to no avail.

Our Annie started talking a bunch of shit about me "padding my stats" (there is no stat tracking for normal games anymore...) because I wouldn't jump in head-first and get focused in team fights, then he started a surrender vote etc. etc. After that I showed what the result of that would be and ate a death so I could prove my point. Jax is not an initiator.

Evillore: was that a 2 hr game? lol

54 minutes.

Shrinnan said:

and solo the other team at level 7.

hobart

EviLore said:
Enemy team had control of baron multiple times (my team ignored me when I said we should get it; I probably should've just soloed it...), and they just had more successful pushes, mostly thanks to their Master Yi taking down a lot of turrets, as you can see on the stats.

Our soraka was horrid. We were lane partners against mordekaiser and warwick, and soraka would run up and try to starcall mordekaiser and instead take like 50% hp from morde's AoE, then heal herself and repeat. Would not heal me unless I was at 30% hp, even though with frequent heals (and mana manipulator keeping my mana up) I could've been harassing them effectively with empowered leaps. I said as much, to no avail.

Our Annie started talking a bunch of shit about me "padding my stats" (there is no stat tracking for normal games anymore...) because I wouldn't jump in head-first and get focused in team fights, then he started a surrender vote etc. etc. After that I showed what the result of that would be and ate a death so I could prove my point. Jax is not an initiator.

54 minutes.

Haha.

Sion and Xin on your team and they want you to initiate. Brilliant.

caromelo

Tetsuo9 said:

As well as Flash to utilize his ultimate. His ultimate is awesome during team fights but needs Flash to perform his shenanigans.

Another tip i've discovered is try to avoid picking fiddle if there is a blitzcrank pick because they don't exactly synergize well with conflicting methods of initiating.

Edit: Flash is staying in: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=1882863#post1882863

Alex

The community in this is really shitty too, IMO. But I'm just doing normal games, not ranked. It's still so fun though. I was chasing a guy down the lane, our Cho pops out and eats him, says burp in /all as a goof and the guy just loses his mind, THEN goes on a rant about Americans... what the heck!?

bluemax

Banned
Alex said:
The community in this is really shitty too, IMO. But I'm just doing normal games, not ranked. It's still so fun though. I was chasing a guy down the lane, our Cho pops out and eats him, says burp in /all as a goof and the guy just loses his mind, THEN goes on a rant about Americans... what the heck!?

Talking shit as Cho is the best thing in this game.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I still can't get the game to work. :( I've exhausted nearly every option I can think of. Quite frustrating.

Alex said:

Honeslty this entire genre brings out the worst in people, mostly because investing 45 minutes into a losing effort is disheartening. When I played LoL it seemed fairly relaxed, but I still got called a feeding noob and an array of other hateful language.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Teknopathetic said:

Out of curiosity, what are the means of invis sight available?

After god knows how long they finally are releasing their mac client...

IceIpor

Bitmap Frogs said:
Out of curiosity, what are the means of invis sight available?

After god knows how long they finally are releasing their mac client...

Sight Wards (fairly cheap and you can stack 3 in a slot), some champion abilities and a potion that gives you invis sight until you die. (Also cheap.)

JoeFu

Banned
ooohhhh my goddddd

freaking Kass and Zil combo just completely destroyed our team. Kass's aoe would do like 50 percent of my health right off the bat and Zilean would just put his stupid ult on Kass as soon as he took damage. Even if we just left him alone his aoe would completely kill us. Lose lose situation to the max.

Shrennin

EviLore said:

That sounds horrible. I absolutely hate when the team I am playing with is horrible (community wise). I'm pretty understandable when it comes to my team making mistakes (if they accept advice when given to them) but when my team only complains, blames other players, or doesn't take advice then that game (no matter if I win or lose) was horrible period.

I can understand the experience with Yi though. One time my team and I were pushing into the enemy base (where 4 of the 5 people on the enemy team were trying to defend) and the enemy Yi (the fifth person) pushed all 3 of our towers in one lane and was already at our base (he did this by himself). Luckily we were winning so much that one of our guys simply teleported back to the base and killed him (the next time he tried it we were ready and he never got to our base again).

I'm up for playing with anyone here if they want. I wouldn't call myself a great player, but I play the game for fun and I hate complaining because it doesn't help the game at all. That doesn't mean I won't take helpful advice (I will because I most likely need it).

Anyway, my username is Shrinnan.

Tetsuo9 said:

The guide I saw actually said that smite wasn't needed if the player was skilled enough in jungling (his build was based around durability rather than magic penetration/ability power/etc.).

Son of Godzilla said:
and solo the other team at level 7.

Seriously? :D

caromelo said:
As well as Flash to utilize his ultimate. His ultimate is awesome during team fights but needs Flash to perform his shenanigans.

Another tip i've discovered is try to avoid picking fiddle if there is a blitzcrank pick because they don't exactly synergize well with conflicting methods of initiating.

Edit: Flash is staying in: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=1882863#post1882863

Yea, now that Flash is staying in (I'm glad), I'm definitely going to utilize it with Fiddle (it's a must for his ultimate, which already has a flash built in).

JoeFu said:
ooohhhh my goddddd

freaking Kass and Zil combo just completely destroyed our team. Kass's aoe would do like 50 percent of my health right off the bat and Zilean would just put his stupid ult on Kass as soon as he took damage. Even if we just left him alone his aoe would completely kill us. Lose lose situation to the max.

That was fucking gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom