• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We were joking.

Well I was joking and hoping Q was also joking.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Half joking. He sucks in pubs and me and my friends always farm up on them, buuuuuuut he has potential to stomp with coordination :p *friend uses him so we have a lot of exp under the belt*
and he is godly as fuck at dota can't wait to play with him in that again, he's been playing since waaaaaay back before icefrog even

I'm liking most of the free heroes this week. Had a great time with Kog, Cait, and now Blitzcrank.

lolgameblitzcrank.gif

Haly

Oh yes Cait is good AD.

Super safe. Good farming capability. Good nuking. Good protection/scouting with her traps and an escape move that goes through terrain.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Halycon said:
Oh yes Cait is good AD.

Super safe. Good farming capability. Good nuking. Good protection/scouting with her traps and an escape move that goes through terrain.

Damn right she's my fave hero, even though she is just a ghetto version of sniper. xD

caitlyn.jpg

The fact that she has a strong ass nuke at the start then turns into a strong ass auto attacker end game makes her damn near perfect. Her only down side is once someone is on top of her she's sorta fucked. Just don't let that happen though and play smart :p

2th

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
I'm liking most of the free heroes this week. Had a great time with Kog, Cait, and now Blitzcrank.

lolgameblitzcrank.gif

your blitz build hurts my brain. frozen mallet is a terrible item on him.

2th said:
your blitz build hurts my brain. frozen mallet is a terrible item on him.

Heh I don't know anything about builds yet. I just pull up random guides and follow them. Admittedly, not the best idea but it's more importantly to me to learn how everyone plays before I get deep into using a few in particular.

Right now I'm leaning towards Kog and Blitz.

Any recommendations for builds are welcome.

2th

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
Heh I don't know anything about builds yet. I just pull up random guides and follow them. Admittedly, not the best idea but it's more importantly to me to learn how everyone plays before I get deep into using a few in particular.

Right now I'm leaning towards Kog and Blitz.

Any recommendations for builds are welcome.

mana crystal, catalyst of the protector, banshees veil if you are tanking or they are heavy on casters if not get rod of ages, frozen heart, catalyst #2 to get veil or rod of ages depending on what you got earlier, sheen to lichbane, if the game has lasted this long you should already be a fucking god with a lot of health, armor, mr and mana. if the game keeps going get a tear and archangels. then laugh as you never run out of mana and do lolzy burst.

but then again this order is something you can toy with. i always go beefy before anything on blitz.

5VIfo.jpg

Had a trollcrank and trollistair in a game today. Surprisingly they did well, as in get quite a good number of kills. I thought we were going to lose upon seeing their items but they managed to turn it around.

2th said:
mana crystal, catalyst of the protector, banshees veil if you are tanking or they are heavy on casters if not get rod of ages, frozen heart, catalyst #2 to get veil or rod of ages depending on what you got earlier, sheen to lichbane, if the game has lasted this long you should already be a fucking god with a lot of health, armor, mr and mana. if the game keeps going get a tear and archangels. then laugh as you never run out of mana and do lolzy burst.

That helps a lot, thanks. Any input on a Kog build?

I am horrible with figuring out what is most effective with RPG math.

EDIT: Your build worked great. I felt my health and mana were much better rationed and my damage was better too.

lolblitzgame2.gif

Desaan

I usually load Kog up on hit items like Malady and Madred's or even Wit's End if they have a lot of AP and maybe grab a phantom dancer early on if things are going well. He's a very versatile champ, you can build him many different ways.

Blizzard

Banned
Desaan said:
I usually load Kog up on hit items like Malady and Madred's or even Wit's End if they have a lot of AP and maybe grab a phantom dancer early on if things are going well. He's a very versatile champ, you can build him many different ways.
I'm thinking maybe I should just give up on LoL. :p No matter what champion I try, even if they're supposed to be easy, I hardly ever get more than 2-4 kills max. With kog I've tried AP and AD, going for two different builds, but I still get crushed if anyone gets near me or touches me with a slow, that sort of thing. If you stack AP the R attack can do decent damage, but fast-moving champions (most people) will dodge it all day long.

That leaves me sitting behind the team and spamming attacks to support and help kill, but that gets me assits rather than kills unless I get lucky and land the bomb on them.

Kozak

Banned
Blizzard said:
I'm thinking maybe I should just give up on LoL. :p No matter what champion I try, even if they're supposed to be easy, I hardly ever get more than 2-4 kills max. With kog I've tried AP and AD, going for two different builds, but I still get crushed if anyone gets near me or touches me with a slow, that sort of thing. If you stack AP the R attack can do decent damage, but fast-moving champions (most people) will dodge it all day long.

That leaves me sitting behind the team and spamming attacks to support and help kill, but that gets me assits rather than kills unless I get lucky and land the bomb on them.

I sucked balls until I got to level 30.

I'm pretty sure I only started last hitting at level 30 too so yeah.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:

Kog'maw is not easy at all because you have to maintain that distance while trying to stay in the fight. You shouldn't feel bad if you don't do that well with him.

Achtius

Blizzard said:

It's not that you are bad, it's just keep getting the wrong items. You don't need force of nature and thornmail. just stand back and ult them to death!

2th

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
That helps a lot, thanks. Any input on a Kog build?

I am horrible with figuring out what is most effective with RPG math.

EDIT: Your build worked great. I felt my health and mana were much better rationed and my damage was better too.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u41/maxlove2004/lolblitzgame2.gif

the thing about blitz is this... he benefits more from AP than AD because AP goes to rocket grab and Static field. AD only benefits auto attacks and thus powerfist. while you can build something like manamune on blitz it is ultimately a noob trap because you arent about sustained damage. you are about burst because if you pull someone and CANT kill them they you arent doing your job of making any team fight instantly a 5v4. plus blitz has naturally high damage anyways so with overdrive and your bust you are fine.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
It's not that you are bad, it's just keep getting the wrong items. You don't need force of nature and thornmail. just stand back and ult them to death!
I'm pretty sure that's the only time I have ever bought those two items for kogmaw. :p Normally I go AD or AP and don't bother with defense. We might could have won if you and the other guy with all the kills hadn't crashed at the same time and never reconnected. ;_;

Normally I buy recommended items. When else have I gone for a bad build? Typically I am pretty close to a standard guide for the startup items, or recommended items, and I typically get say 150-200 creep kills with kogmaw. I do badly with Annie as well.

That guy above said kogmaw was easy. WHO DO I BELIEVE AND WHO IS EASY ;_;

Achtius

Blizzard said:
I'm pretty sure that's the only time I have ever bought those two items for kogmaw. :p Normally I go AD or AP and don't bother with defense. We might could have won if you and the other guy with all the kills hadn't crashed at the same time and never reconnected. ;_;

Normally I buy recommended items. When else have I gone for a bad build? Typically I am pretty close to a standard guide for the startup items, or recommended items, and I typically get say 150-200 creep kills with kogmaw. I do badly with Annie as well.

That guy above said kogmaw was easy. WHO DO I BELIEVE AND WHO IS EASY ;_;

I had 800 ap at one point =/

I could go further too! But too bad my internet died for 5 minute. :(

ALSO GET RUNES. YOU GOT NO RUNES

Fjord

2th said:
the thing about blitz is this... he benefits more from AP than AD because AP goes to rocket grab and Static field. AD only benefits auto attacks and thus powerfist.

Well the attack speed boost is AD too, nothing wrong with a manamune. Makes blitz a great tower pusher and you'll be able to carry. Just make sure you're backing it up with defensive items like banshee's veil and frozen heart.

Fjordson

Aw man, just got on hoping to get in some late night matches totally forgetting about maintenance =(

Though I do have all these GamesCom matches to watch. Guess I'll check those out.

i got hooked. i only play against bots for now till i'm ready to play with the big guys. i do well killing minions and towers but for the love of god i can't kill champions. i don't know what i do wrong. i have 2-3 levels more than them and i bought the items the guides tell me to.

i often go 0-0 for the whole round. -_-

Diprosalic said:
i got hooked. i only play against bots for now till i'm ready to play with the big guys. i do well killing minions and towers but for the love of god i can't kill champions. i don't know what i do wrong. i have 2-3 levels more than them and i bought the items the guides tell me to.

what champs?

dimb

Diprosalic said:

Harass the enemy in lane more, when they go low on health or you know you can beat them in a one versus one let them push the lane and kill them. Use exhaust or ignite to secure kills if people are slipping away from you at the last moment.

Wrekt

mr. puppy said:
Is there a hero similar to puck from DOta? Like, a caster with a lot of positioning and movement skills? I love that little ninja :)
I'm relatively knew to the game but the only caster with positioning skills that I can think of is Ezreal with his phase shift (teleport + shoot nearest enemy champ.)

The thing with Ezreal is that all of his abilities are skillshots, meaning you don't just target an enemy, you target the area you think an enemy will be.

I'm sure someone else will have a better suggestion.

Edit: Most of the positioning comes from the summoner skills. Pick up Ghost and Flash on anybody and you will have your positioning and movement skills.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I want to try this game, seems though that the servers are down for maintenance. Anyone know when that ends?

red13th

LOL @ last match (CLG vs SK). HotshotGG's Nidalee ate SK Gaming alive. Why the fuck didn't they ban Nidalee?
It's not like they couldn't see it coming.

dimb

sprsk said:
I want to try this game, seems though that the servers are down for maintenance. Anyone know when that ends?
8AM PST. So it should be soon.

Boken

Banned
This game (FN v CLG) is just proof that Tear is terrible and that Archangel first is even worse. Especially on Kassadin. Have fun dying instantly when you enter a team fight!

(I don't even get why they picked Kassadin)

Blizzard

Banned
Boken said:
This game (FN v CLG) is just proof that Tear is terrible and that Archangel first is even worse. Especially on Kassadin. Have fun dying instantly when you enter a team fight!

(I don't even get why they picked Kassadin)
I've been wondering about that. I saw a build that apparently recommended getting the magicpen boots, then the magic cap (blackcap?). It seemed like to me having the tear's mana regen early is a huge help in being able to stay in lane and farm, plus you get the continued permanent mana gain of tear/archangel's over the entire game, right? Is there a better way to build AP and mana early?

Blizzard said:
I've been wondering about that. I saw a build that apparently recommended getting the magicpen boots, then the magic cap (blackcap?). It seemed like to me having the tear's mana regen early is a huge help in being able to stay in lane and farm, plus you get the continued permanent mana gain of tear/archangel's over the entire game, right? Is there a better way to build AP and mana early?

When I play, I find it better to rush for catalyst in the early laning phase. IMO when you are mid or solo the level gain speed gives you more with catalyst (+200 hp and mana every level) then tear and gives you more beef to harass and take a few hits while farming. After getting cat, I usually will get an amplifying tome followed by tear, then boots. Depending on how I'm doing I'll either turn that into sheen if I'm doing poorly or go for a mejai when doing good/ or average.

After that I'll go for Archangel's then Banshee's Veil (vise-versa if I'm not doing well).

Ferny

Ive been using tear on my Ori but I may just rush RoA instead of tear. The mana end game though is really good and Ori blasts thru mana crazy early game. Ive been able to get tear, RoA, deathcap, and then just pick what I need from there.

Haly

Get blue if you're having mana troubles. Ori has no problem taking it down by herself with her spam.

2th

Banned
Fjord said:
Well the attack speed boost is AD too, nothing wrong with a manamune. Makes blitz a great tower pusher and you'll be able to carry. Just make sure you're backing it up with defensive items like banshee's veil and frozen heart.

actually there is something very wrong with getting manamune. you arent a sustained damage hero so manamune isnt worth it. you are burst. pull, knockup, ult... if you cant kill the person with that combo then you are doing it wrong. manamune is a noob trap on blitz.

Mr. B Natural said:
Really? You don't want this genre that refuses to budge from its place of birth to go anywhere remotely interesting? This is it? We need yet another figure in a crowded, small room? I don't understand gamers anymore.

Look at what they did to SFIV. ST is still the best SF game and that game out 15 years ago. Worried that the same thing will happen to DS/VS if that ever comes out but going off topic here. I'm personally fine with keeping DOTA2 close to its roots.

Boken

Banned
I don't get why people say they get tear for early game mana problems. It gives you 7 mp5. Thats the same as a meki pendant. A catalyst actually gives you more mana regeneration early game (because you level up quicker) than a tear. And a bunch of HP regen EVERY TIME YOU LEVEL. Not to mention extra hp so you can survive any burst in lane. Catalyst lets you be more agressive and harass during laning because you can easily trade and get hp back. Tear means you dont want to get hit in lane because you have no way to get the hp back. Catalyst is an early game item. Tear is not.

Also, getting Tear then getting RoA means you dont do any damage for 20 minutes... if you think early game is an issue, get catalyst.

The reason why you get manamune first or second for blitz is because of his passive and because it settles you for the rest of the game for the heavy dose of MP you'll be using and all the AD you need and it's cheap as hell. With Blitz, you might as well put +250 to +500 (when maxed) health on the stats on Manamune/tear. It's stupid not to get it doesn't matter how you want to build him.
After that, you can go all out tank or AP all you like but Manamune is a easy first choice and it builds nicely with any blitz build. Of course tanky DPS seems like a good safe bet with this game, and a tanky dps requires sustainability.
Building with Crank is tough because he will cause AD and AP damage no matter how you play him. You will toss someone up when you need to and deal 2x damage, and in team fights you will be doing this every 4 seconds. You're will pull and silence with AP, etc. You will be spending a shit ton of mana at all times, and you're not gonna not need that passive to save your ass because you, most likely, will be playing tankish because nobody else ever does and regardless you'll be in the front doing the CC, pulling characters towards you and probably away from someone less willing anyway and hoping, thanks to your build up passive that you are targeted. So you're tank even if you don't build to be one.

Played a level 1 game on EU West 4v5 and raped with Master Yi. Damn low level play is fun. Don't gotta worry about doing important shit like warding and organized team fights.

Blizzard

Banned
Jazzy Network said:
Played a level 1 game on EU West 4v5 and raped with Master Yi. Damn low level play is fun. Don't gotta worry about doing important shit like warding and organized team fights.
It's kind of funny, since I've gotten to level 20-22 it seems like I hardly ever see master yi anymore.

Fjord

2th said:
actually there is something very wrong with getting manamune. you arent a sustained damage hero so manamune isnt worth it. you are burst. pull, knockup, ult... if you cant kill the person with that combo then you are doing it wrong. manamune is a noob trap on blitz.

Melee then knock up is already three hits of your bonus damage. Like Mr Natural said, Manamune is the item of choice because of blitz's passive. For 2100 gold it's hard to find better than say:
+75 damage
+450hp
+900mana
+7Mp5

By the time your build is finished and manamune is maxed out you can be getting:
+100 damage
+675hp
+1350mana
+7Mp5

I feel like I've finally got my blitz early game down now. I was having quite a bit of trouble for the first 5 levels, doran's shield, regrowth pendant didn't seem to do much for my survivability and sapphire crystal meant I couldn't go in there at all against a good opponent. Boots + 3 health potions is great though, his real weakness is the 300 movespeed which made it so easy to finish him off early before the W gets going. Also really conserving mana so you have a decent passive shield when you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom