• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-pricing-reduction-plan

Summoners!

We have heard your concerns about champion IP prices, and know that many of you are looking for more affordable options to round out your champion lineups. Fair enough! In an effort to satisfy these concerns, we're going to be rolling out a series of brand new initiatives aimed at bringing you some more bang for your proverbial buck.

For starters, as you've already seen in the past few weeks, we've begun to reduce the prices on many of our older, more classic champions. Beginning back in April we slashed the IP costs of Malphite, Morgana, and Ryze, with Cho'gath, Taric and Annie following shortly thereafter in August. You can expect to see more of the same for many more of these old favorites going forward. This is all part of an ongoing plan aimed at ensuring that we have a strong, well-rounded compliment of affordable champions available for any play style.

Additionally, if you're looking to get your hands on some of our more contemporary additions to the League, we're also going to be offering a series of new bundle deals. We'll be trying out a number of different options in the future, offering everything from champion variety packs to bundles themed around specific roles.

Stay tuned for more updates on these and future deals!

Old heroes getting price cuts
Bundles for new ones

It's a start.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
They IP dropped the older characters. Even another $20-30 bundle with the 20 newest heroes would be a welcome addition.

Blizzard

Banned
shintoki said:
Cough, they make no mention of those bundles involving IP. Most likely RP discounts.
For bundles, sure. Annie etc. got a permanent IP drop, right?

I like how the 4-month April to August period is "shortly thereafter", though. :p

Fjordson

Wtf @ Tyrndamere in 3's. I'm winning more lately than ever before playing him. Going positive (like 3:1 k/d positive) every single game. Love it.

And @ Dominion: looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Can't wait.

Wrekt

eznark said:
Oh man, jumping back in with Galio, hope he isn't still terrible.
He zoned me out of a lane pretty goddamn hard the other day in mid. Granted, it was a pug and none of my teammates understood that a tanky champ that gets AP from stacking MR (and a longer ability range) could shut me down. When I called for a lane switch I just got racial slurs thrown at me. So I beat my head against that wall and had to port back for more potions every 2 minutes.

We lost that game.

eznark

Banned
Wrekt said:
He zoned me out of a lane pretty goddamn hard the other day in mid. Granted, it was a pug and none of my teammates understood that a tanky champ that gets AP from stacking MR (and a longer ability range) could shut me down. When I called for a lane switch I just got racial slurs thrown at me. So I beat my head against that wall and had to port back for more potions every 2 minutes.

We lost that game.

I just dominated the lane but the rest of my team got destroyed. Oh well, at least I know he is usable. Went 2/2/2 and then we surrendered at 20 minutes. So bad.

Blizzard

Banned
I followed my normal tradition of try a champion (blitzcrank) for the first time, do well, do badly the second game, have everyone criticize me yet not really be willing to suggest anything besides like "I dunno tanky stuff I don't play blitz".

I tried this build:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/b-b-b-by-bb-beginners-build-for-blitzcrank-26222

By the end I think I was coming close to 200 armor and magic resist, but my ult wasn't killing even normal minions. :( I had manamune, mercury's treads, sheen, frozen heart, banshee's veil, and I think I was trying to build guardian angel. Got crushed. The other team had a good morgana that stayed behind the lines and shielded everyone, mainly fully feasted cho. The other team got aced taking out our nexus, small comfort.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
I followed my normal tradition of try a champion (blitzcrank) for the first time, do well, do badly the second game, have everyone criticize me yet not really be willing to suggest anything besides like "I dunno tanky stuff I don't play blitz".

I tried this build:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/b-b-b-by-bb-beginners-build-for-blitzcrank-26222

By the end I think I was coming close to 200 armor and magic resist, but my ult wasn't killing even normal minions. :( I had manamune, mercury's treads, sheen, frozen heart, banshee's veil, and I think I was trying to build guardian angel.

All i said is don't get manamune. but apparently gaf likes it so w/e :p

----------------

Also how is Jarvan? Is it hard to play? What are his roles?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Achtius said:
Irelia but more tanky and less dps-y.

And a better disrupter.

Achtius said:
All i said is don't get manamune. but apparently gaf likes it so w/e :p

----------------

I dig him. Timing his E -> Q can be weird, but its not too bad. His ulti can be a good initiator. He doesn't put out a ton of DPS, but enough to be a decent threat. Getting a good E -> Q in a team fight is pretty helpful.

I usually go for TF, Merc Boots, and Atmas for core, and then from there just depends what's going on.

Legato.Reborn- said:
Oh HotShot, your Nidalee is just ridiculous.

Damn, I missed the original cast and the replay. The Cho game was awesome, especially with the Baron steal.

Too bad the CLG v. SK replay on the IEM site doesn't work - I wanted to watch his Nid.

a small request to fellow LoL-ers..
any of you guys attending pax feel like sharing some love?
Attendee will get a swag bonanza with a reedemable code for an ingame skin that can be used once on a us account AND once on another eu account, so you're not actually loosing anything... If anybody feels like sharing, i'm an eu player :X
Let me know :X

Ferga

Legato.Reborn- said:
Oh HotShot, your Nidalee is just ridiculous.

hotshot dominated all three games

jax,nidalee then cho gath

other teams had no chance

shushei's gragas was not not up to par, dreamhack wise

Was really expecting a better game from fanatic

red13th

HotshotGG was awesome, his Nidalee play is amazing. Did SK explain why the hell they didn't ban Nidalee?

I wanted to watch the Dominion live preview but it seems it had Phreak casting and Phreak casting is the most painful, cringeworthy thing I've ever had the displeasure to witness. I'm glad I didn't see it.

Achtius

they should just do a 10% off all champion during the first week of the season two and then a price drop each week for a champion.

Steaks

Anyone in the 1600-1700 range wanna duo queue ranked some time? Solo queuing is getting boring and I want someone in my skill bracket!

Edit: Currently 1648

Uchip

Banned
kensk said:
Anyone in the 1600-1700 range wanna duo queue ranked some time? Solo queuing is getting boring and I want someone in my skill bracket!

Edit: Currently 1648

i dont even know what mine is at the moment
its gone from 1300 to 1500 and back again a few times

lOfkG.jpg

Gold or bust, bitches.

CrazedProfessional said:
Yes. He's hilariously broken.

He's quite the pub stomper, but not worth anything in the competitive scene.

Sure, you'll catch h4ckerv2 play him on 2.2k, but that's still not competitive.

edit: Ah, two great examples: Twitch/Eve.

Blizzard

Banned
Well I decided to try something new by splurging some of 13000 IP on Sona. I guess I should have tried her before the nerf. =( I didn't really ever build AP on her since with such a low ratio, she can't even heal or do damage, basically, right? If I understand correctly a .25 ratio means that you'd have to build 1000 AP to just get 250 extra healing points? That seems like it would make her almost completely useless.

Anyway, I made the people in the GAF chatroom hate me after I tried to follow their build advice but was still a terrible Sona. On the plus side, she's very relaxing to play versus bots, so it wasn't a total loss of 3000 IP. :p

Blizzard said:
Well I decided to try something new by splurging some of 13000 IP on Sona. I guess I should have tried her before the nerf. =( I didn't really ever build AP on her since with such a low ratio, she can't even heal or do damage, basically, right? If I understand correctly a .25 ratio means that you'd have to build 1000 AP to just get 250 extra healing points? That seems like it would make her almost completely useless.

Anyway, I made the people in the GAF chatroom hate me after I carefully followed their build advice and was a terrible Sona. On the plus side, she's very relaxing to play versus bots, so it wasn't a total loss of 3000 IP. :p

You have to build her for spam. With even a moderate mana pool and AP on her, she can heal 400 health every 3-4 seconds. That's really, really good.

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
You have to build her for spam. With even a moderate mana pool and AP on her, she can heal 400 health every 3-4 seconds. That's really, really good.
I did, and I can do the heal every 3-4 seconds, but I sure couldn't tell it healing 400 health. I'll have to watch the numbers next time. It sure doesn't seem to make much difference, sometimes the health bars barely move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom