• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Still just starting ranked matches, so I've only played a few.

Just right now my team comp somehow ended up being Eve, Blitz, Xin, Poppy, and Rammus. The game never booted after the champ selection so I'm just stuck hoping the someone will leave or something and I can avoid the game entirely.

red13th

I can only play on Sundays and I lost my three matches today. First game Annie fed Caitlyn mid, second game our team had bizarre lag spikes, third game was 4v5 from the start. I love LoL. <3

JWong

Banned
Ferny73 said:
At this point of the game everyone was already frustrated at a 77 game that really wasn't going anywhere.
Lol, they had like all tanks.

I guess an unlucky group composure. Could use another carry. Two carries with anti-tank items could seal the deal.

Neki

2th said:
that made me cry like amumu.
you mean despair like amumu

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Ferny73 said:
At this point of the game everyone was already frustrated at a 77 game that really wasn't going anywhere.
you're irelia, tanky dps. you have no mr besides your treads. madreds + trinity force + wit ends + merc treads + force of nature + randuin's omen/banshee's veil against that team would have been way more effective.

Ferga

just lost a frustrating game where i had a manamune stacking taric on my team :|

we were winning so badly midgame.......

Kozak

Banned
Ferga said:
just lost a frustrating game where i had a manamune stacking taric on my team :|

we were winning so badly midgame.......

Check Mous and my score for our last game where he was Panth and I was GP. Dominating so hard and we lost cause some fucker left.

Win one, lose one.

Hope dizzy and flare learned a bit from those two games. Flare got some good pulls off in that game, but he needs to be more patient. I saw quite a few minions go flying.

Uchip said:
the entire other team is magic damage
and he got randuins and cape o_O
i'm addicted to 40% cdr, I have 20% cdr runes/masteries, so those two items give 40%. also i usually go irelia/randuins for the speed and slow actives. sunfire for hp and aoe damage, rylai's to slow them more with more hp. with eclipse I tanked them just fine since i have all that hp. i lived long enough for the rest of my team to come in and do a few hits before fleeing in terror then 5 or 10 seconds later I'd die

any suggestions instead of lol he's trolling would be helpful.

edit- 2th gave me some suggestions. yay. (bv and fon vs ap :p i keep going health only for leona and rely too much on eclipse)
FlightOfHeaven said:
Win one, lose one.

Hope dizzy and flare learned a bit from those two games. Flare got some good pulls off in that game, but he needs to be more patient. I saw quite a few minions go flying.
dizzy and flare weren't in the first game unless you're talking about a different one

I don't get how in that last game if you don't want to surrender just say no? I ask if anyone thinks we could win, and I get some troll reply so i ask if we think we could win and i'm told i'm the one trolling :|

Owlowiscious said:
dizzy and flare weren't in the first game unless you're talking about a different one
I don't get how in that last game if you don't want to surrender just say no? I ask if anyone thinks we could win, and I get some troll reply so i ask if we think we could win and i'm told i'm the one trolling :|

Talking about the one we lost after that.

No, I said you were raging constantly in a passive-aggressive manner with snarky replies and commentary throughout the game. I clicked "Surrender" twice to end the game because you asked for the surrender in the first place. The game didn't end because two of us didn't click at all and wanted to play the game through, which I don't blame them for since it's likely the last game of the night.

And my reply was "I don't mind playing either way" which is the same as "I don't care if you surrender or not."

I don't see why they can't just say no. I thought it was rude to just let the timer run down like that. That's why I asked in voice chat first. I thought I was being polite.

And yes I was super passive aggressive about not being able to do anything against jarvan :| and 25 minutes into the match "oh hey look at that farmed jarvan." sorry about that.

Boken

Banned
sniff dont argue guyyyys : ( think of how if I was there, id tell you how bad your builds were!

I dunno, I'll admit LoL has gotten a bit boring lately. The lack of champion mechanics variety is kinda getting to me (especially in light of DotA2). Not to mention nobody jungleees.

"We like it when champions (read: healers) really want to get in there, not stand back and toss out heals" - Patch preview
Well, I'm playing a healer because I want to heal right? If I really want to get in there, I'd play a tough melee bruiser. Stupid reasoning. Just admit it Riot, heal and sustainability is problematic, promotes passive play and hard to balance.

Blackface

Banned
Why doesn't LOLGAF do more duoque ranked? Most people are not even doing ranked at all. I can see how LOL gets boring after the 300+ normal win.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Uchip said:
the entire other team is magic damage
and he got randuins and cape o_O
Cape isn't a bad idea. Their entire team is close range and some armour will still help.

The glaring omission is the lack of a FoN on their team. Not a single Warmongers + FoN

I'd also probably get Lich Bane on the casters. Game clearly when on long enough to get complete top tier items. Lich Bane is a 600-700 damage hit every few seconds, on top of bonus movement speed and MR.

Blizzard

Banned
Owlowiscious said:
i'm addicted to 40% cdr, I have 20% cdr runes/masteries, so those two items give 40%. also i usually go irelia/randuins for the speed and slow actives. sunfire for hp and aoe damage, rylai's to slow them more with more hp. with eclipse I tanked them just fine since i have all that hp. i lived long enough for the rest of my team to come in and do a few hits before fleeing in terror then 5 or 10 seconds later I'd die

any suggestions instead of lol he's trolling would be helpful.

edit- 2th gave me some suggestions. yay. (bv and fon vs ap :p i keep going health only for leona and rely too much on eclipse)

Wait, -you're- pikapuff? I never know who anyone is ingame. :p

Blizzard

Banned
*edit* Ack, double post.

shintoki said:
Cape isn't a bad idea. Their entire team is close range and some armour will still help.

The glaring omission is the lack of a FoN on their team. Not a single Warmongers + FoN

I'd also probably get Lich Bane on the casters. Game clearly when on long enough to get complete top tier items. Lich Bane is a 600-700 damage hit every few seconds, on top of bonus movement speed and MR.
Assuming we're still talking about the tank game, lich bane might have been helpful...I really felt like the problem was actually doing damage, considering that with 5 tanks plus REVIVE on all 5, plus fortify on all 5, it was really hard to kill more than 1-2 at a time max or push afterwards. Defense could have helped to some degree, but would have probably meant we were doing even less damage. I went all-out attack just in the hopes of being able to kill some, and tied for max kills -- the other team even admitted that annie and caitlyn were annoying -- but it just wasn't enough, especially since I'm so new at caitlyn.

I do apologize to owly if I was annoying. I like to play games to have fun, and I really was trying to alter my build based on their team and suggestions from my own team, but I'm by no means a pro and I'm sure I make lots of mistakes.

Neki

qrvg5.jpg

dat warwick with magic resist

highlight: boken tells me to infinite duress morganna at their tower if I can get her facing us, proceed to do it, boken comes in 3 seconds late, she gets away.

boken is gonna boken.

Uchip

Banned
shintoki said:

how is cape going to help against such a tanky team?
maybe making tower diving a bit easier is all i can see

Blizzard

Banned
Uchip said:
how is cape going to help against such a tanky team?
maybe making tower diving a bit easier is all i can see
*team with 5x fortify*

Anyway I'll stop talking about that game, such bad memories. XD I really want to try some silly/theme teams like all tanks or all stuns, if anyone is up for it some time. I think the game is more fun and relaxing if you try funny things every once in a while. We could practice against bots though that might be too easy.

JWong

Banned
FutureZombie said:
It would be nice if they would let you purchase skins with IP. Some of them are really funny, but I refuse to spend real money.
That's how they get you...

I will get Nurse Akali down the road. ;_;

Ferrio

Banned
You know with all that talk about the game yesterday that we should not mention, we should try the same thing... see how it works out for us.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
You know with all that talk about the game yesterday that we should not mention, we should try the same thing... see how it works out for us.
Agreed, but I'm terrified of losing and feeling ashamed of our own performance. I volunteer for Cho. I should be around by 8-9 p.m. EST.

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
Agreed, but I'm terrified of losing and feeling ashamed of our own performance. I volunteer for Cho. I should be around by 8-9 p.m. EST.

I'd be Leona myself. Though not sure I can get on tonight... definitely not that early. EST is 4 hours ahead of me, hell I'm not even off work by then!

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
I'd be Leona myself. Though not sure I can get on tonight... definitely not that early. EST is 4 hours ahead of me, hell I'm not even off work by then!
Well I can do 10 EST, no later than a game starting by 11. And Leona wasn't on the team! We've gotta duplicate it for a fully scientific experiment! =P

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
Well I can do 10 EST, no later than a game starting by 11. And Leona wasn't on the team! We've gotta duplicate it for a fully scientific experiment! =P

Leona only tank I have access to :(

She has two stuns, she can still be annoying!

JWong

Banned
Achtius said:
Amumu had the most kill yesterday, strangely enough
If you give Amumu some AP gear, he'll do more damage. And if he's more dangerous, people will try to take him down and speed up his Tantrum CD.
I still feel like Amumu's still too reliant on his ulti, which is on a way long CD. His bandage toss hits minions, which is really hard to gank.

Leona can bypass that, so she's a better ganker. I also think she does a lot more damage.

Amumu jungler build is most preferred nowadays, but if the opponent steals a blue, Amumu's jungling is dead.

Ferrio

Banned
JWong said:
If you give Amumu some AP gear, he'll do more damage. And if he's more dangerous, people will try to take him down and speed up his Tantrum CD.
I still feel like Amumu's still too reliant on his ulti, which is on a way long CD. His bandage toss hits minions, which is really hard to gank.

Leona can bypass that, so she's a better ganker. I also think she does a lot more damage.

Amumu jungler build is most preferred nowadays, but if the opponent steals a blue, Amumu's jungling is dead.

Leona does shit for damage, least what I can tell. I don't play many tanks so I don't know how it fairs. But her AP gain on her skills is *HORRIBLE*, and has no special physical stuff.

Her shield+spear+ult is okay in the beginning, but after like the first 6 levels she does nothing other than soak damage and stun.

Dooraven

Saren is Bad said:
really hate jax, glad he's getting a nerf

*awaits Legato*,

I'm a bit tired of Lol at the moment, probably will hop on when dominion comes out. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be another twisted treeline.

Cheeto

Dance In My Blood said:
Really? There are so many characters I would rather see get nerfed before him.
Amazing barely anyone complains about Udyr here... and there's no mentions of nerfs to him, yet he's almost universally banned. Although, I think they're indirectly nerfing him by changing some of the Wriggles stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom