• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheeto said:
Amazing barely anyone complains about Udyr here... and there's no mentions of nerfs to him, yet he's almost universally banned. Although, I think they're indirectly nerfing him by changing some of the Wriggles stats.

Hmmm this is a good point. And it is *possible* to kill him pre wriggles (a good enough irelia can manage it) but afterwards he has complete lane control. I'm not sure the wriggles changes will fix this -- mostly because they're likely just to nerf the stats which isn't the core problem.

And about Jax...

It's a step in the right direction (his lvl2 is absudly broken >.>) but he requires farrrr more than just nerfs to balance him.

1.) Dodge is a silly RNG variable, it's time is coming (see phantom dancer)
2.) His passive is problematic and will be remade (as will vlad's)
3.) Upon releasing Jaximus, they failed to realize they gave him a real (jax voice) weapon.

Jazzy Network said:
Udyr is also harder to play than Jax and Udyr has 0 range. I think he's fine unless he gets decently fed.

You've not played against The Rain Man nor other 2.4k players abusing Udyr.

It is hilariously broken.

Dooraven said:
*awaits Legato*,

I'm a bit tired of Lol at the moment, probably will hop on when dominion comes out. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be another twisted treeline.

Dominion looks incredibly fun.

I've tried to pull information out of Rayven in Ventrilo but he won't budge.

Damn him.

Legato.Reborn- said:

Dominion looks incredibly fun.

I've tried to pull information out of Rayven in Ventrilo but he won't budge.

Damn him.

No I haven't, but still he is definitely still a harder champ to play than Jax is.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Jazzy Network said:
No I haven't, but still he is definitely still a harder champ to play than Jax is.
No, Udyr after a few levels is completely self sustainable. He has the defense, movement speed burst, and a strong self heal. Only hard carries and spammable bruisers can zone him out of a lane.

That the catch to him. He doesn't pose much threat till later levels, but any good Udyr can sit their ass in a lane farm against the vast majority of heroes like its nothing.

Not to say Jax is hard to play either, but Udyr is far from difficult.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Udyr is easier to play than Jax past level 6 or 7, only his early game laning phase leaves something to be desired. This is mainly because he is simply a stronger hero than Jax with his superior kit, lack of counters, jungle ability and safer gameplay. Jax is high risk-high reward, Udyr is moderate risk-high reward.

A bad Udyr will do just a poorly as a bad Jax. But even a bad Udyr, once farmed, can faceroll his way to victory. Jax never has that luxury, even when fed.

2th

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:

it isnt hilariously broken. its that people dont know what the fuck they are doing against an udyr. I sat there this weekend watching the rain man play and it was stupid as fuck to lane irelia vs udyr and all the other shit that happened. people do the same thing over and over again and they dont adapt. And yes i mean people at high elo play. They are stagnant. They dont change their play styles. As someone with somewhere around 2500 games as udyr alone i can tell you he is incredibly easy to counter in a lane. It just takes the right champion or champions to stop him. Just like with solo top irelia or ww. So it isnt udyr that is hilariously broken. It is the stupidity and stubbornness of high elo players and their refusal to change their playstyles or strategies in order to counter the other team properly. This is partly why i fucking hate ranked and the competitive players, when you get to higher elo gameplay is boring as fuck because everyone is so damn cautions. and the same champions are used every god damn match.

I will admit that they could up the mana cost of his skills at level 1 by 10 to put it back closer to where it was prepatch where everyone started crying he is broken. The guy gets a little mana cost decrease and suddenly he is broken as fuck. sorry he doesnt have a press R and winning ULT like every other champion.

Halycon said:
Udyr is easier to play than Jax past level 6 or 7, only his early game laning phase leaves something to be desired. This is mainly because he is simply a stronger hero than Jax with his superior kit, lack of counters, jungle ability and safer gameplay. Jax is high risk-high reward, Udyr is moderate risk-high reward.

A bad Udyr will do just a poorly as a bad Jax. But even a bad Udyr, once farmed, can faceroll his way to victory. Jax never has that luxury, even when fed.

did your really say udyr lacks counters? wow... just wow. i am actually speechless at this ridiculous statement.

2th said:
it isnt hilariously broken. its that people dont know what the fuck they are doing against an udyr. I sat there this weekend watching the rain man play and it was stupid as fuck to lane irelia vs udyr and all the other shit that happened. people do the same thing over and over again and they dont adapt. And yes i mean people at high elo play. They are stagnant. They dont change their play styles. As someone with somewhere around 2500 games as udyr alone i can tell you he is incredibly easy to counter in a lane. It just takes the right champion or champions to stop him. Just like with solo top irelia or ww. So it isnt udyr that is hilariously broken. It is the stupidity and stubbornness of high elo players and their refusal to change their playstyles or strategies in order to counter the other team properly. This is partly why i fucking hate ranked and the competitive players, when you get to higher elo gameplay is boring as fuck because everyone is so damn cautions. and the same champions are used every god damn match.

I will admit that they could up the mana cost of his skills at level 1 by 10 to put it back closer to where it was prepatch where everyone started crying he is broken. The guy gets a little mana cost decrease and suddenly he is broken as fuck. sorry he doesnt have a press R and winning ULT like every other champion.

did your really say udyr lacks counters? wow... just wow. i am actually speechless at this ridiculous statement.

2500 games as Udyr you say?

I was writing a serious response to this when I stopped and realized something.

2th, you play a character that will ultimately be changed because of his nearly infinite sustainability. You are angry because you main him and don't want something that you feel comfortable with changed.

Udyr is a champion that can both deal massive amounts of damage to a single target and sustain both his health and mana with no items.

Oh and more thing, get off your high horse. Mr. 2500 games Udyr.

2th

Banned
Blizzard said:
Who are the best counters (and what are the best strategies) against Udyr?

1) kiting
2) CC
3) harassment

sorry but if you want to sit in a fucking lane and farm all day against an udyr... you deserve to lose. if you want to play all cautious/passive against a champ with some of the best sustain in the game... you deserve to lose. Lane Udyr promotes incredibly passive gameplay, so your only choices are to be passive too or risk a little and maybe come out on top.

2th

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
2500 games as Udyr you say?

I was writing a serious response to this when I stopped and realized something.

2th, you play a character that will ultimately be changed because of his nearly infinite sustainability. You are angry because you main him and don't want something that you feel comfortable with changed.

Udyr is a champion that can both deal massive amounts of damage to a single target and sustain both his health and mana with no items.

Oh and more thing, get off your high horse. Mr. 2500 games Udyr.

get off your high horse for being at a higher elo? You cannot adapt. That is the problem with all higher elo players. They sit there and get comfortable in the same routine of gameplay: solo top, tanky jungler, ap mid, ranged dps and support bot. boring as fuck and it never changes.

what suspicions? i have said ive mained the champion since his release. is it really surprising that in the little ive played this month i wouldnt have my main in there? what was your point?

as for the GP games.. they were arams and much fun :)

2th said:
get off your high horse for being at a higher elo? You cannot adapt. That is the problem with all higher elo players. They sit there and get comfortable in the same routine of gameplay: solo top, tanky jungler, ap mid, ranged dps and support bot. boring as fuck and it never changes.

You are silly.

Neki

some heroes just can't buy udyr in a 1v1 lane. irelia is especially going to have a hard time. the only person I've effectively beat Udyr with in lane is Nidalee, and that was rushing an early sheen too.

2th

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
I hope all the lurkers are enjoying this as much as I, 2th.
What that you cannot provide any concrete evidence to counter my claims that you are bad for not being able to adapt or figure out how to counter Udyr? Cause if that is what you meant i find this very amusing.

Ultimoo said:
some heroes just can't buy udyr in a 1v1 lane. irelia is especially going to have a hard time. the only person I've effectively beat Udyr with in lane is Nidalee, and that was rushing an early sheen too.
so here is a question for you: Is there a problem that some champions cannot beat udyr in a lane?

If you say yes, then is there a problem that the whole game is essentially rock paper scissors and for example, Amumu cannot beat Annie in a lane?

Haly

2th said:
1) kiting
2) CC
3) harassment
Kiting I'll give you but every champion in the game is susceptible to the latter two. At least Udyr has his turtle stance to block/regain health during laning phase. Jax has to leg it back to base.

2th

Banned
Halycon said:
Kiting I'll give you but every single other champion in the game is suspect to the latter two. At least Udyr has his turtle stance to block/regain health during laning phase. Jax has to leg it back to base.

the issue with turtle is knowing how to bait the shield. a good Udyr is going to be VERY difficult to catch of guard but it isnt impossible. As for the mana and health sustain. it really isnt that great till you have 3 point into turtle or you get a vamp scepter on him. Ans fi you are letting him hit the creeps then that is another problem of yours and not the champions.

the problem everyone has against lane udyr is that they dont want to push him and run the risk of being ganked themselves. They play incredibly passive.

2th said:
What that you cannot provide any concrete evidence to counter my claims that you are bad for not being able to adapt or figure out how to counter Udyr? Cause if that is what you meant i find this very amusing.

2th, listen to yourself for a moment.

"you cannot provide any concrete evidence to counter my claims that you are bad for not being able to adapt or figure out how to counter Udyr?"

What does that even mean?

You're going to call me bad when you're abusing Udyr at 1300 elo? Really dude?

--

I could go on and on and on and on about how Udyr is abusive in this way and that, and you'll counter by calling me bad (lol) for not finding a specific counter.

But all that's irrelivent. It doesn't matter.

Udyr is on the chopping block because he can infinite sustain.

His W will be changed/nerfed and you are angry because it gives you free wins in low elo.

2th said:
the issue with turtle is knowing how to bait the shield. a good Udyr is going to be VERY difficult to catch of guard but it isnt impossible. As for the mana and health sustain. it really isnt that great till you have 3 point into turtle or you get a vamp scepter on him. Ans fi you are letting him hit the creeps then that is another problem of yours and not the champions.

the problem everyone has against lane udyr is that they dont want to push him and run the risk of being ganked themselves. They play incredibly passive.

And what does this lead to?

2th

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
2th, listen to yourself for a moment.

"you cannot provide any concrete evidence to counter my claims that you are bad for not being able to adapt or figure out how to counter Udyr?"

What does that even mean?

You're going to call me bad when you're abusing Udyr at 1300 elo? Really dude?

But let's move beyond boring elo arguments (which I.. just did.....)

--

I could go on and on and on and on about how Udyr is abusive in this way and that, and you'll counter by calling me bad (lol) for not finding a specific counter.

But all that's irrelivent. It doesn't matter.

Udyr is on the chopping block because he can infinite sustain.

His W will be changed/nerfed and you are angry because it gives you free wins in low elo.

1) It means, provide me with some fort of evidence as to why you arent bad. Is that not clear? Provide me some sort of evidence on how udyr is broken and cannot be countered. Provide me with some sort of evidence that high elo matches dont go down exactly how i have stated. If you can do that then we can actually have a debate. Until then you are just spouting off trash and whining about how broken a champion that apparently you are incapable of countering is. Learn to debate or get the fuck out maybe? I mean what you choose to do is up to you but at this point your ignorance is just completely astounding.

2) BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you couldnt be more wrong. I dont abuse udyr for shit. I play the champion i love and enjoy. I also dont play ranked all that often and i never abused the OP champions to get my elo up. When i did care about my elo, which was ages ago btw, i still played udyr and did my own thing and had fun. I like to jungle because it is the most freedom you can get in the game. I enjoy Udyr because he has no "press R and get kill" skill.

3) As for Udyr being on the chopping block, i can see that because people, like you, bitch and moan, and cannot learn how to effectively counter him without sacrificing their very boring passive gameplay.

2th

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
And what does this lead to?

passive gameplay leads to boring gameplay. I watched Gamescomm just like you. those games were low scoring and ultimately pretty boring. There was very little risk happening on either side. Passive gameplay is very boring.

also when you get more than 110 ranked solo queue games played and more than even 100 5s ranked games played then come talk. I say this cause all you have for experience is fucking watching and normal games and even there you have like 30 more games played than me so ultimately i have far more experience than you.

unless i am looking at the wrong profile and if i am then i apologize but your summoner name is UnknownFactors right?

edit: why dont you ever get in the NeoGAF chat channel in game and ill be more than happy to play with you and show you how wrong you are.

Haly

If they nerf Udyr it will be to his W's healing abilities.

Once people feel safer playing against Udyr, they might actually attempt aggression.

Take advantage of that aggression and kill them.

Everybody wins!

Uchip

Banned
Ultimoo said:

they need to farm some IP

Ferrio

Banned
So is morgana and Lux the only characters with that skill shot stun? Figured another fun team would be one with characters with that type of skill.

Haly

Ferrio said:
So is morgana and Lux the only characters with that skill shot stun? Figured another fun team would be one with characters with that type of skill.
Neither are stuns, they're both snares.

Anyway Amumu has one as well. And Blitz's pull is effectively a stun.

2th

Banned
Halycon said:
If they nerf Udyr it will be to his W's healing abilities.

Once people feel safer playing against Udyr, they might actually attempt aggression.

Take advantage of that aggression and kill them.

Everybody wins!

not really. because Udyr doesnt have the early game damage to be a threat in a lane. If you do max tiger first then you have given up turtle making you nothing more than a squishy melee DPS with no ult or ranged attack. And given how easy he is to kiteAll they really need to do is revert his mana costs back to where they were making him terrible to lane with and he will be fine. He jungle wont really suffer from it at all either.

Ferrio

Banned
Halycon said:
Neither are stuns, they're both snares.

Anyway Amumu has one as well. And Blitz's pull is effectively a stun.

Ah thought they were stuns... kinda always related them to miranas arrow... just kinda figured they were.

Either way, having a team just with Lux and Morgana was fun as hell. Other team was getting really pissed.

Uchip

Banned
Ferrio said:
Ah thought they were stuns... kinda always related them to miranas arrow... just kinda figured they were.

Either way, having a team just with Lux and Morgana was fun as hell. Other team was getting really pissed.

ive died snaring someone and they outrange me with their autoattacks while held in place
have to think about these things, unlike miranas arrow where if you hit them you can jump up next to them and unleash

Haly

There are very few true stuns in this game, Taric and Sion have the only two non-ult targeted stuns. Most of the others are some mix of skillshot/knock up/conditional.

2th said:
1) It means, provide me with some fort of evidence as to why you arent bad. Is that not clear? Provide me some sort of evidence on how udyr is broken and cannot be countered. Provide me with some sort of evidence that high elo matches dont go down exactly how i have stated. If you can do that then we can actually have a debate. Until then you are just spouting off trash and whining about how broken a champion that apparently you are incapable of countering is. Learn to debate or get the fuck out maybe? I mean what you choose to do is up to you but at this point your ignorance is just completely astounding.

2) BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you couldnt be more wrong. I dont abuse udyr for shit. I play the champion i love and enjoy. I also dont play ranked all that often and i never abused the OP champions to get my elo up. When i did care about my elo, which was ages ago btw, i still played udyr and did my own thing and had fun. I like to jungle because it is the most freedom you can get in the game. I enjoy Udyr because he has no "press R and get kill" skill.

3) As for Udyr being on the chopping block, i can see that because people, like you, bitch and moan, and cannot learn how to effectively counter him without sacrificing their very boring passive gameplay.

I think we may be on different pages, 2th.

Let's do this:

1.) You are not "abusing" Udyr. Udyr is abusive. Sorry if I made that confusing.

2.) Don't give me that "I don't care about elo" shit, you're the type of person to be spouting it off to people who disagree with you. In this case, you can't, because you are lower.

3.) I also enjoy Udyr's uniqueness, it's very fun.

4.) Your "3)" argument is the same as all others before.

Vlad players: HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH *drooling on himself* YOU BITCH AND MOAN CAUSE U JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO COUNTER ME. TRUST ME I'VE PLAYED VLAD OVER 3000 GAMES U JUST HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO BEAT HIM (This is how obnoxious you sound, by the way.)

Community (and Riot): Ummmmm, wat? It's not a matter of countering, you have infinite sustain at no cost to yourself and a moveable zhonya's ability. Either you do a shit ton of damage, and little to no sustain, OR, you do mediocre to little damage, and you infinite sustain. Not both. (Also, we're moving away from infinite sustain, it's boorrrrrrringgggg)

Vlad players: Nope, you just don't know how to counter Vlad. Prove me wrong. <- (Do you know how infuriating this statement is? Do you?)

Community (and Riot): Okay.. *nerfed*

Vlad players: fucking riot and qq community, i'm going to dota2 fuck riot

--

"sacrificing their very boring passive gameplay."

Do you not get it? What I'm arguing is (and Haly nailed it too) is that W will be changed/nerfed because it gives him infinite sustain.

IT

CREATES

PASSIVE

GAMEPLAY

2TH.

THE ABILITY TO DO MASSIVE DAMAGE AND INFINITE SUSTAIN IS NOT LIKED BY THE BALANCE TEAM.

IT

WILL

BE

CHANGED.

You keep talking about how people want to continue their passive gameplay and that's why they want to nerf udyr! This is not correct!

It's Udyr that creates the passive gameplay.

Haly

And, it's easier to nerf Udyr's lane sustainability than tell a large part of the playerbase to "play more aggressive".

I mean if it was that easy Soraka wouldn't need to be nerfed.

Oh and up there somewhere you talked about having more games than me except in normal where it's only by +100 or something.

Yeah that's nice but..

VRPm8.png

--

K0XX7.png

Ratios my friend, ratios.

If Haly has played 100 games and has won ~85 of them while I have played 1,000 games and won ~500. You can comfortably come to the conclusion Haly is the better LoL player.

(Although to be fair he may be abusing something at that given time, but I'm speaking outside that)

Haly

Wait wait wait woah, don't drag me into this ELO pissing match.

Haly

Also I was abusing pre-nerf Soraka to get out of 1300s but I got bored because WEEWEWEWWEWEWEWEWEWEEWRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom