• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I wish Riot would make it so Akali could ult to friendly units as well as enemies. 9 times out of 10 there is never an enemy minion nearby to escape to.

Also, her spell vamp passive is crap. :(

JoeFu

Banned
Woo! Fun game guys. I wish my laptop didn't blow so much. Group encounters would dip my framerate to 5 and I was also playing using my phones internet. Was really fun though.

gillty

Banned
2nd day playing LoL, ezreal is really fun :)
8xv6ug.png

Blackface

Banned
So I just played a match where one of our teammates "nuf" leaves right off the bat. We proceed to completely rape the other team even with only four people. Match finishes rather quickly. They simply could not deal with Morgana or I (Annie) offensively. Morgana not only held the top lane down alone against Nasus and Xin Zhao, but made Xin quit. After the match some guy named driveswithwol' starts talking about how Morgana and I got carried. How We are all scrubs and nerd raging.

XChLc.jpg

Of course we fed his nerd rage and he is probably hanging off his bedroom ceiling right now.

Anyway, if you ever play against him, make sure to bring this up and make him cut his wrists again. TY

Kyoufu

How do you guys take screenshots of the scoreboard all in the same size? I don't like using print screen since my resolution is way too high (I'm lazy and don't like resizing).

Blackface

Banned
Kyoufu said:
How do you guys take screenshots of the scoreboard all in the same size? I don't like using print screen since my resolution is way too high (I'm lazy and don't like resizing).

print screen > Photoshop > Imgur.com > Neogaf.com

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tip for Ezreal players.

Stack AD, not AP, the recommended items are bollocks, your Q is where the bulk of your damage comes from.

Nocebo

Me and friends just play normal games for now. I play Ashe almost exclusively now. I love shooting that giant ice arrow at people who think they're safe at low health behind their tower :D

If anyone like playing with euros :p add me : AKillerWhale

Alex

I was finally able to get Katarina yesterday, super fun. I've been losing a lot lately. Getting into teams that just will not help each other out. Which especially isn't fun when I like to play as Poppy and Soraka.

I'm level 10 I think? I need to buy some runes or whatever. That system is a bit confusing to me, havent looked at it much yet. I only have the three that came with the little retail box I bought.

VaLiancY

Halycon said:
Tip for Ezreal players.

Stack AD, not AP, the recommended items are bollocks, your Q is where the bulk of your damage comes from.

I don't know. I was playing with AOD Croc last night and he went AP, his ult was shaving off 500 damage for the last person hit.

It was beautiful(despite we lost).

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Can someone give me a list of all the support characters? I love being the unsung hero in these games. I've been playing Soraka alot and enjoy her.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Blackface said:
Not sure who to unlock, Fiddlesticks or Pantheon.

Have you played with either of them before? Even though I prefer Fiddlesticks, it's mainly because I never played Pantheon and because I like Fiddlesticks' playstyle. I would suggest waiting till both of them are in a free champion week before purchasing one or the other (or at least playing one in free champion week to see if you like his playstyle).

Alex

My friend has been fairly unimpressed with Pantheon, particularly the mid-late game scaling. He was a big DOTA player while I never got around to even trying the formula until LoL, so I just listen to what he tells me basically :lol

Fiddlesticks drives me nuts, that's all I know about him. Him and Heimerdinger are so aggravating.

Haly

Archie said:
Can someone give me a list of all the support characters? I love being the unsung hero in these games. I've been playing Soraka alot and enjoy her.
In the character shop, tick the box that says support. However keep in mind most of those heroes really aren't support at all so much as "team fighters". For pure support like Soraka the champions you might be interested include:

Janna (knockup and shielding)
Alistar (group regen buff and stuns)
Taric (heal and stun and group buff)
Zilean (haste buff and life saving ult)
Kayle (heal and invulnerability ult)

I haven't included a lot of other heroes because I'm not familiar with their skills so anyone else who's been playing longer might add to this list.

Kyoufu

Halycon said:
In the character shop, tick the box that says support. However keep in mind most of those heroes really aren't support at all so much as "team fighters". For pure support like Soraka the champions you might be interested include:

Janna (knockup and shielding)
Alistar (group regen buff and stuns)
Taric (heal and stun and group buff)
Zilean (haste buff and life saving ult)
Kayle (heal and invulnerability ult)

I haven't included a lot of other heroes because I'm not familiar with their skills so anyone else who's been playing longer might add to this list.

Soraka (heal, mana regen and map-wide heal ult) <------------- insta banned from ranked games :lol

A shame that she is banned, but completely understandable when you pair her up with mana cannons like Ryze or Annie. She turns lanes into nightmares.

Zhengi

Blackface said:
Not sure who to unlock, Fiddlesticks or Pantheon.

I've played both and I have to admit that Fiddlesticks is very hard to use. However, if you master Fiddlesticks, you can really be effective against the other team.

Pantheon is also great. A well played Pantheon can cause the other team a lot of problems especially with his ult.

Tideas

Banned
Zhengi said:
I've played both and I have to admit that Fiddlesticks is very hard to use. However, if you master Fiddlesticks, you can really be effective against the other team.

Pantheon is also great. A well played Pantheon can cause the other team a lot of problems especially with his ult.

I scored a pentakill just right now on pantheon

Haly

eznark said:
so when I am leader how does the draft pool get determined?
The pool should be random, going by DotA and HoN rules but I have no idea how it works for LoL. Usually there's an even number of carries/tanks/casters.

Blackface

Banned
Played a game where we beat the team with only four players.

17Yoz.jpg

on Annie I went

Sapphire Crystal
Double HP pot
--------------------
Catalyst the Protector
--------------------
Sorc Shoes
--------------------
Rod of Ages
--------------------
Haunted Guise
--------------------
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
---------------------
Zhonya's Ring

Wondering if that sounds good to more experienced players, or if I should have done something different?

I never see Annie builds with Haunted Guise dunno why. I was going to get Mejai's Soulstealer but at the start it looked like we were going to lose, then by the time we were dominating I honestly didn't need it. I was wiping people out in a single burst.

Rayven

aka surume
eznark said:
so when I am leader how does the draft pool get determined?
?
You can pick any champ that you own or is free (or has not been drafted by the other team - exclusive pick).

You can't ban champs that the enemy team does not own, but that's the only restriction (protecting you from yourself, lol).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Blackface said:

Cool. Oxrock and I won a 2v5 in the beta though :D

eviloreoxrock2v5lolwin.jpg

Wonder how many times that's ever happened.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
EviLore said:
Wonder how many times that's ever happened.

Well, there's at least one documented case of it happening... :D

I got a quadra-kill once, I want my penta-kill though.

Chozo

Blackface said:
I never see Annie builds with Haunted Guise dunno why. I was going to get Mejai's Soulstealer but at the start it looked like we were going to lose, then by the time we were dominating I honestly didn't need it. I was wiping people out in a single burst.

I think it's because generally Haunted Guise isn't all that great, because while it's cheap it doesn't build into anything better and tends to be a pretty poor late game item. You're usually better off running something like Void Staff is your opponent is stacking enough MR for it to be a serious issue.

Kyoufu

Blackface said:

Wondering if that sounds good to more experienced players, or if I should have done something different?

For Annie it is always important to get a Mejai Soulstealer since you'll not only get plenty of kills but an assload of assists with Tibbers in group fights. My premade friend who plays Annie exclusively usually ends games with a 20 stack Mejai which is no doubt thanks to his 20+ assists per game (I steal all of his kills :lol )

I would do the exact same thing I do on Annie as I do with Akali. Basically rush Mejai, Rylai and boots followed by defensive items like Banshee's Veil and Thornmail (depending on your opponents).

Zhonya's Ring is amazing on her because you can blow your load with a Tibbers aoe stun initiation then if the enemies haven't died and you are waiting for cooldowns you just pop the ring and that should buy you time for another round of burst. Its such a great item.

Chozo

Last ranked game: 8/5/7 as Nasus.

Teemo(?) went mid over Twisted Fate(!!!) against Katarina. He ended up going 2/12/6.

I'm never going to escape sub-1200 rating Hell =(

Chozo said:
Last ranked game: 8/5/7 as Nasus.

Teemo(?) went mid over Twisted Fate(!!!) against Katarina. He ended up going 2/12/6.

I'm never going to escape sub-1200 rating Hell =(

I've had more luck today in solo ranked queue. I think I went 4-1. The key is to be supportive of your team from the start, and either be a really good carry or a really good support/tank hero. If you want your team to win, try to arrange them for better team comp in the champ selection or fit your champ into what the team needs.

I used to love Teemo, but I haven't seen any good ones since early on in the pre-season. He's too easy to avoid and exploit at high levels I guess. Too bad, since I had my best game ever with him (33-1-16).

Blackface

Banned
Kyoufu said:
For Annie it is always important to get a Mejai Soulstealer since you'll not only get plenty of kills but an assload of assists with Tibbers in group fights. My premade friend who plays Annie exclusively usually ends games with a 20 stack Mejai which is no doubt thanks to his 20+ assists per game (I steal all of his kills :lol )

I would do the exact same thing I do on Annie as I do with Akali. Basically rush Mejai, Rylai and boots followed by defensive items like Banshee's Veil and Thornmail (depending on your opponents).

Zhonya's Ring is amazing on her because you can blow your load with a Tibbers aoe stun initiation then if the enemies haven't died and you are waiting for cooldowns you just pop the ring and that should buy you time for another round of burst. Its such a great item.

I normally get Soulstealer, but I saw some builds with Haunting Guise and tried it out.

Anyway, did another 4 v 5 just now. We dominated again (as Annie)

unAPg.jpg

really need to get into a higher level bracket so I can get my ass kicked and learn more about the game.

Chozo

*On a team banning first, hence picking champions second*

Someone: Leave [XYZ], I want to pick him.

Team lead: Okay.

*Opposite team gets first pick, chooses XYZ*

Someone: Oh.

This is happening way too often. I really should speak up when this shit happens.

Nocebo

What's up with the community lately? I haven't been playing long (I'm only level 14) but it seems shittalkers have suddenly come out of the woodworks. Such a shame.

Blackface

Banned
Nocebo said:
What's up with the community lately? I haven't been playing long (I'm only level 14) but it seems shittalkers have suddenly come out of the woodworks. Such a shame.
HON players switching to LOL.

I just downloaded this after seeing this thread but since offline practice is disabled for some reason I'm too scared to jump in. I've never played DoTA before and I am used to CnC type RTS, there's like 30 characters and god what a mess.

Going to wait until Offline mode in enabled again. D:

Chozo

vwxs9w.png

We won. Feels good mang

I just downloaded this after seeing this thread but since offline practice is disabled for some reason I'm too scared to jump in. I've never played DoTA before and I am used to CnC type RTS, there's like 30 characters and god what a mess.

You might as well just give it a shot. Everyone else you're likely to be matched up with is probably going to have no idea what they're doing either, so it's not like you're going to be the only one there out of your depth.

CrazedProfessional said:

Going to wait until Offline mode in enabled again. D:

If someone is going 99999/0 it's a smurf.

eznark

Banned
HeartAttackJones said:
?
You can pick any champ that you own or is free (or has not been drafted by the other team - exclusive pick).

You can't ban champs that the enemy team does not own, but that's the only restriction (protecting you from yourself, lol).

That's what I was looking for. I thought I couldn't ban champs that I didn't own, which would be a nightmare (I imagine EA would do it that way, to force players to buy all the champs).

I was captain in a game last night and I couldn't find any of the standard "ban worthy" champs and I started to panic a little bit. Ended up banning janna and zil and we housed the other team in 20.

chozo, what's that first item on your nasus build?

eznark said:
That's what I was looking for. I thought I couldn't ban champs that I didn't own, which would be a nightmare (I imagine EA would do it that way, to force players to buy all the champs).

I was captain in a game last night and I couldn't find any of the standard "ban worthy" champs and I started to panic a little bit. Ended up banning janna and zil and we housed the other team in 20.

chozo, what's that first item on your nasus build?

probably tabi/chalice

Macattk15

I've had a lot of success with Nasus. I go Chalice > Boots (Tabi or Treads) > Sheen > Trinnity Force > Thornmail or Force of Nature > Randuin's

Shit is usually over by the time I get a Thornmail and I'm usually something in the 3-5 k/d ratio.

Dropping the squishies with a Sheen'd Siphon Strike is one of my favorite things to do. Popping my ult and withering Jax as he is trying to wail on me and ends up dying is my 2nd favorite thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom