• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWong

Banned
Owlowiscious said:
yeah i took a year long break from the game. you get to come back and dont know what any new players can do and oh god i'm trapped in a circle of earth, augh why is this seed chasing me, and [i still don't get what rumble does oh god he's doing things and i'm dying]
Wasn't that bad for me.

I mean, my Sona build, I was looking for the innervating locket... yeah.

Got back into my winning grove by sticking with Annie.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Riot hates suppression effects.

If they change it to 2-3 it will probably lose its stun.

Lololololoololololololololololololol

LCGeek

formerly sane
Mr. B Natural said:
The issue with Tryn is that his ult combined with his group slow and free low cd flash allows him to spin to win and get the carry and MAYBE die. Again, maybe. It takes way too much effort to get rid of him and unless his team is shit, that's plenty for 1 character to accomplish in a late game teamfight. His ult and free flash says "screw you" to positioning. Turret? Meh. Jungle fight, good. In Lane? Fine. I'll just spin into my tank/into jungle and run away. You got flash? Ok, I got 2 of em if i'm smart... and a slow. Bye bye. Oh, and the other 4 people on my team are wrecking now that your carry is dead and if your carry ran away, that's just as well.

Maybe in high elo games is tryn easy to counter, but in normal games, he and gp ruins the balance. And, worst of all, he doesn't have to try. I guess possibly the issue is that there's a major difference between the experience of someone playing a rated high elo match and a normal, but if that's the case, then Riot should have two different categories of balance. There is no other choice in the matter. Two different experiences means two different experiences.

Imo, he's perfectly fine but his ult lasts too long or he needs to be slowed down quite a bit. Or maybe give his spin move have a much higher cd so he can't do a renekton but 3 times as far and through all jungle paths. Either way, he'll still be the prick he is now, but not a broken one that turns 5 v 5 fights into 6 v 5 because he magically doubles his life expectancy time while doing massive damage because there is no need to build tanky at all.

But Gp's q is dumb no matter how you look at it. Too many benefits and again a skill free ability that just wrecks regardless of the player's talent.

Tryn takes skill more so than any of ad ranged hard counter I can use on him. Hey tryn meet teemo he has somethings for you first shrooms and should my teammates and I catch up that's blind and eventually ignite. In normal solo this is an issue but make yourself the x factor and take someone built to kill him. Lets not start with ashe, vayne or corki. Also I take xin, yi, and jax before I take tryn same for olaf. His biggest weakness is the fact he's melee and needs to be upclose if your team is unwilling to catch him before he starts and then ignite or burst him after ulti not our problem. Take hard counter and the right items if you don't you will lose once tryn starts rolling.

You're issue sounds like it's coming from a lack of organization. If you duo or triple queue whoever you're with should be synergizing so things like this don't happen. If you aren't synergizing then you're wasting the reason to be doing so.

ssown0026.jpg

In other news riot is dumb thinking ashe cd has been nerfed to make a difference or that it could. These guys didn't give up so me and udyr wrecked em.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Owlowiscious said:
oooh yeah he has the same basics I do for the ult. I wonder if the rest of his items are a good build.
There is no build in existence that would make Skarner good.

eznark

Banned
kiunchbb said:
Last time I play Galio, the entire enemy team are AD.....

I hate blind pick so much =/

Two games in a row where I hit level 6 and can just sit in the lane and slowly push back. Using Galio is like trench warfare. I love it.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
Jarvan IV is the best Jarvan. Anyways, just unlocked him yesterday, and I find him to be pretty fun :D
I liked his ultimate power in that bot game, cage match: THREE CHAMP ENTER TWO CHAMP LEAVE

Blizzard

Banned
Darn, double post.

Dance In My Blood said:
There is no build in existence that would make Skarner good.
I'm sure I'll eat my words one day, but thus far I believe I still have my perfect record for 100% of teams with Skarner losing (including my own team when someone has him).

check PikaPuff. 4 games with skarner. 4 wins.

yeah he's kind of meh. but I love his ult and being as fast and can be. and I'm in a shit tier where i've had 2 games with an eve (one while I was skarner, one a few days ago) where post nerf eve got many kills, pushed towers, and pretty much won the game for us.

but anyways, playing skarner was fun, even though I couldn't do much else. I had fun :D

Blizzard said:
I liked his ultimate power in that bot game, cage match: THREE CHAMP ENTER TWO CHAMP LEAVE
I had a game where the other team was shit talking my Leona post game. Malz was saying how great it was this one time when Jarvan and Malz Ulted me and I died.

Him: "Lol I can't believe you just stayed in jarvan's circle and fought. Protip: Malz's purple circle does lots of damge."
Me: "I was stuck."
Him: "Just summoner spell out"
Me: "ghost gets you out of jarvan's ult? that's news to me"
Him: "use flash"
Me: "I have ghost, not flash"
Him: "use your zenith blade to get out"
Me: "both you and jarvan were in the circle with me"
Him: "use it on a minion"
Me: "..."

Blizzard

Banned
So I did some testing in a bot game since all that talk about Gangplank's Q. I went ahead and spent the 3150 IP or whatever to unlock him.

It turns out that not only does Q not 2-shot bots (though of course they have cheated stats), at level 4 it does maybe 1/3 HP damage to minions. Like, 128 damage? I started out using the crit-boosting item, with 21 attack masteries. *shrug*

brian!

blizzard q does not 2 shot people in the beginning of the game, it is incredibly useful for perma slow of death though

also gp is proooobably going to get nerfed soon, so there's also that

Hero

I've been wrecking shit with Alistar lately. Being able to show up in a fight and completely change the outcome of a team fight is amazing. Usually come up from behind to headbutt a squishy to my allies then use Pulverize to CC anyone else in the way. Pop Ultimate if they bring me to 70% health. Oh yeah, and spam heal ability whenever it's up.

Blizzard

Banned
brian! said:
blizzard q does not 2 shot people in the beginning of the game, it is incredibly useful for perma slow of death though

also gp is proooobably going to get nerfed soon, so there's also that
Well, considering this:
2. Extreme damage early game. Can 2 shot at level 1.
3. Extreme damage mid game. Can still 2 shot.
That's why I was testing. XD

At any rate, at least I just spend 3150 IP on a character about to be nerfed. *pose*

dimb

I have taken about half of someone's health bar off in the early game with a single lucky Gangplank "Q" crit.

Meteorain

I logged in for the first time this morning to look around.....and now I've logged in again and Riot seems to have given me like 400 riots pts?

This game officially has one of the absolute worst playerbases I've ever had to play with, and I'm no stranger to online gaming. Instead of running into a douche every now and then, it's a matter of what kind(s) of douche you will be playing with and how many of them there will be.

It's almost at the point of ruining the game for me. How do you guys deal with it?

Uchip

Banned
KO Traveling Hobo said:
This game officially has one of the absolute worst playerbases I've ever had to play with, and I'm no stranger to online gaming. Instead of running into a douche every now and then, it's a matter of what kind(s) of douche you will be playing with and how many of them there will be.

It's almost at the point of ruining the game for me. How do you guys deal with it?

its the same with HoN really
just play with friends and not randoms

Blizzard

Banned
KO Traveling Hobo said:

Play with fellow douches from GAF instead of random douches on internet. GAF people may still hate you but at least you will have some awkward sense of connectedness. :p

Also, I paid attention to Gangplank's status icons. One says he's afflicted with scurvy and goes away when you drink orange juice, but the other one is just "Pirate" so I assume they're both silly status icons that don't have a gameplay effect.

Ferrio

Banned
KO Traveling Hobo said:

Never played dota have you? This game is full of angels compared to it.

2th

Banned
Archie said:
Talon spotlight

Steroid buff, skill shot, gap closer and an ultimate which is a borrowed skill with a somewhat unique element. Sounds familiar.

Basically he is a mixture of Akali and Katarina...Why do i get the feeling that he wont be seen much?

Neki

2th said:
Basically he is a mixture of Akali and Katarina...Why do i get the feeling that he wont be seen much?
because he's cannot tank who can deal a lot of damage.

he's not some sort of damage dealing tank.

if he was, say, a tanky dps, he would probably be seen more.

dimb

Ultimoo said:
because he's cannot tank who can deal a lot of damage.

he's not some sort of damage dealing tank.

if he was, say, a tanky dps, he would probably be seen more.
I feel like I don't see any of the newer tanky dps guys around anyways.

Grakl

Teknopathetic said:
"Patch notes up. Karma might be viable now lol. None of my mains got nerfed. Tis a good patch."

You mean Kayle?

Supports getting nerfed indirectly buffs Karma as a more viable option.

Holy shit 2th!

Code:
Turtle Stance

Heal reduced to 10/12/14/16/18% from 12/14/16/18/20%
    Mana return reduced to 5/6/7/8/9% from 9/10.5/12/13.5/15%

Who would've thought?!

JWong

Banned
33bmmg3.jpg

Wow, I had the worst match ever in all my LoL gaming.

Who the hell ditches their CC High Damage hero to die alone?
Running away with full health?
Knowing the other team has Rammus who can catch up to anyone?
Watching me get smacked for a good 5 seconds thanks to my Zhonya and doing nothing about it when they were a second away standing around?

Holy shit, that team was the worst.
6 of my deaths was because I was ditched in a "team fight".
At my last death, they ditched me again saying we had to "defend at our Nexus" which we had to run about half way across the map to get to. Got Aced, and the team finished off our Nexus.

That Quickses Nidalee was the worst, who convinced all of them to fail hard.

Worst game ever.

Neki

Legato.Reborn- said:
Holy shit 2th!

Code:
Turtle Stance

Heal reduced to 10/12/14/16/18% from 12/14/16/18/20%
    Mana return reduced to 5/6/7/8/9% from 9/10.5/12/13.5/15%

Who would've thought?!

but he's so underpowered! high elo players are just un-adaptable newbs!

p.s that's why I don't play annie, she can't carry 4 newbs.

"Supports getting nerfed indirectly buffs Karma as a more viable option."

I do think it's funny that Karma seems to get completely untouched throughout all the universal heal/support nerfs. We shall see if it does anything.

Teknopathetic said:
"Supports getting nerfed indirectly buffs Karma as a more viable option."

I do think it's funny that Karma seems to get completely untouched throughout all the universal heal/support nerfs. We shall see if it does anything.

She's already pretty fucking strong, it will be interesting.

Dooraven

Damn you Lol, stop being so addictive :(.
Switching between morganna and lux is annoying. I keep forgetting that Light Binding is faster than Dark Binding and seem to always miss my LBs.

Probably will main as Lux on Dominon though, seems to be quite good at defending according to the showmatches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom