• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWong

Banned
I had a great evenly match game to make up for that last disaster + rant.

Yeah, it's hard to organize games. I'm in the channel, and if I want to play, I just go in random. I have no problem with random match at level 30. Everyone has some skill at that point.

Ferga

Owlowiscious said:
I had a game where the other team was shit talking my Leona post game. Malz was saying how great it was this one time when Jarvan and Malz Ulted me and I died.

Him: "Lol I can't believe you just stayed in jarvan's circle and fought. Protip: Malz's purple circle does lots of damge."
Me: "I was stuck."
Him: "Just summoner spell out"
Me: "ghost gets you out of jarvan's ult? that's news to me"
Him: "use flash"
Me: "I have ghost, not flash"
Him: "use your zenith blade to get out"
Me: "both you and jarvan were in the circle with me"
Him: "use it on a minion"
Me: "..."

lololololololololololol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man tanky Cho'Gath is fun. He has good disruption to prevent some incoming damage, takes what does come in well, and still outputs a lot of damage. Tower diving in on people to eat them is the best.

broz0rs

Alistar got creamed in this patch, but he had it coming since players were building him full AP and still maintained tank role because of his ult.

Udyr turtle stance nerf warranted since he had such ridiculous sustain in lane.

lol at Xin being nerfed again, although slightly.

KlockreN

Neo Member
Finally lvl 20! Now i'm going to buy tier 3 runes for trynd, so i would like som advice?

Crit chance or Armor pen? Maybe health?

LCGeek

formerly sane
kensk said:
Hey, who generally organizes GAF games?

Anyone but me and few others are usually around daily and hanging in groups. Just make sure you say something so we know to invite and don't bring no bs if you're using voice.

KlockreN

Neo Member
Like i said i hit lvl 20, but still can't buy tier 3 runes?
I've looked around and ppl say it's a know bug? And that i need to hit lvl 21?

vhfive

KlockreN said:
Like i said i hit lvl 20, but still can't buy tier 3 runes?
I've looked around and ppl say it's a know bug? And that i need to hit lvl 21?
I'm not positive but I think it says you need to be 20+ to use tier 3 runes. It's a little deceptive making you think it's 20 and over but in actuality it means you need to be over 20.

At least that's how it was for tier 2. I just started a couple of weeks ago and when I hit lvl 10 I was very disappointed

KlockreN

Neo Member
vhfive said:
I'm not positive but I think it says you need to be 20+ to use tier 3 runes. It's a little deceptive making you think it's 20 and over but in actuality it means you need to be over 20.

At least that's how it was for tier 2. I just started a couple of weeks ago and when I hit lvl 10 I was very disappointed

Oh ok, thanks. Back to playing then.

Valygar

Returned to LoL to try Skarner, it's so fun! a spammer tank, viable with lots of builds. I tried it with sheen, sunfire, shurelia, and boots 3. I should have probably gone for trinity though, then sunfire cape, then whatever. And after playing HoN, last hitting was never so easy!

Boken

Banned
Udyr, the menance of top lane avenue has finally been apprehended by RiOT police. Recently Udyr has been seen forcing people out of lane with his massive sustain. It is also rumoured that he operates a black market of man eating blood thirsty bears, tigers and turtles. He has been charged with being overpowered and promoting passive play.

2th, director of the "Udyrs are people too" support group could not be reached for comment.

JimmyBoy

Is Brand super overpowered right now or am I just unfamiliar with how to beat him. Just lost a game because the Brand on the other team went 24-7-8 or something and the rest of the team only had 7 kills combined.

Kozak

Banned
JimmyBoy said:
Is Brand super overpowered right now or am I just unfamiliar with how to beat him. Just lost a game because the Brand on the other team went 24-7-8 or something and the rest of the team only had 7 kills combined.

Hes pretty balanced.

Strong early, weaker late.

DrBo42

JimmyBoy said:
Wat. Server is online for you?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Teknopathetic said:
"Supports getting nerfed indirectly buffs Karma as a more viable option."

I do think it's funny that Karma seems to get completely untouched throughout all the universal heal/support nerfs. We shall see if it does anything.
Janna is the only true support anyways.

Blackface

Banned
HotshotGG on stream right now going over the patch. Basically raging / saying Riot is clueless, and most of the changes are awful and done because scrubs don't know how to counter.

Only ones he didn't have issues with were Udyr and Taric.

edit: He also said Nidalee is not viable competitively anymore because she does less then other champions since her sustain is now gone. They also fucked up her dodge and only gave her 10 armor. He said they did this because they want to remove dodge from the game eventually.

Blizzard

Banned
Can some kind soul paste the patch notes as a quote or something? <3

Also, I learned yesterday that Gangplank's orange juice escapes (most?) crowd control. It didn't seem to get me out of some Ryze electric snare, but it works on some things. I always wondered what the message saying Gangplank is afflicted by scurvy meant, but then I realized his other status is just "Pirate" so I assume both statuses are silly and don't matter. XD

Achtius

Blizzard said:
Can some kind soul paste the patch notes as a quote or something? <3

Also, I learned yesterday that Gangplank's orange juice escapes (most?) crowd control. It didn't seem to get me out of some Ryze electric snare, but it works on some things. I always wondered what the message saying Gangplank is afflicted by scurvy meant, but then I realized his other status is just "Pirate" so I assume both statuses are silly and don't matter. XD

New Skins in the Store

Renegade Talon
Crimson Elite Talon
Demolisher Nunu
Dragonslayer Vayne
PVP.net Store

Added a Purchases tab that contains a history of all your purchases
Champions tab redesigned to feature full art splashes
Home page layout graphics updated
Home page now features a progress indicator for content being loaded
Filtering and search redesigned to be more visually appealing and compact
Made several fixes and tweaks to padding/alignments/font issues throughout the store
PVP.net v1.42.34

New landing page design
Now displays YouTube videos (Champion spotlight/Community Spotlight, etc). These videos can be expanded to full screen
Top news articles from LeagueOfLegends.com are displayed in the lower left
Featured and sale items from the store are now displayed in the top right
Redesigned the banner scroller to make it smoother
New art and layout for the End of Game screen
Improved messages for game invites to include game type
Updated the design for map/game selection
Summoner's Rift Autumn map is now directly selectable from the custom game screen
League of Legends v1.0.0.124
Talon, the Blade's Shadow

Noxian Diplomacy: Talon viciously stabs his enemy, dealing heavy physical damage and causing them to leave a blood trail that Talon can use to track them.
Rake: Talon fans out three blades in front of him that quickly return to him, dealing damage and slowing any target hit in either direction.
Cutthroat: Talon leaps behind his target and silences them for a short duration, amplifying the damage of any of his follow up attacks and abilities.
Shadow Assault (Ultimate): Talon enters stealth for a short duration, gaining a movement speed boost and sending blades that deal damage to all enemies in their path flying in every direction. Once the blades reach a certain distance, they pause and form a circle. When Talon reappears from stealth, the blades return to him, once again dealing damage to any opponent they pass through.
Mercy (Passive): Talon's auto-attacks deal additional damage to a target that is under the influence of any crowd control effect.
Alistar

Unbreakable Will
Duration adjusted to 7 seconds at all ranks from 6/7/8 seconds
Physical and Magical Damage reduction reduced to 50/60/70% from 75% at all ranks
Jax

Leap Strike damage reduced to 20/45/70/95/120 from 35/60/85/110/135
Empower
Damage reduced to 60/95/130/165/200 from 75/110/135/180/215
Empower now breaks spell shields
Kayle

Attack damage per level increased to 2.8 from 2.5
Attack speed per level increased to 2.5 from 2
Reckoning
Now scales with bonus attack damage at a 1.0 ratio in addition to a 1.0 ability power ratio
Damage amplification increased to 6/7/8/9/10% from 5% at all levels
Lee Sin

Resonating Strike will now only automatically attempt to attack champions rather than all enemies
Nidalee

Javelin Toss
Mana Cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds from 7 seconds
Pounce
May now be affected by Cooldown Reduction
Cooldown increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
Primal Surge
Mana cost adjusted to 60/80/100/120/140 from 65/70/75/80/85
Base heal adjusted to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
Ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.25
Swipe ability power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
Aspect of the Cougar now grants 10/15/20 armor and magic resistance instead of 10% Dodge
Fixed several tooltip errors (especially those in Cougar form)
Orianna

Command: Dissonance base damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 from 70/120/170/220/270
Command: Protect shield ability power ratio reduced to .4 from .6
Fixed a bug with Command: Shockwave dealing extra damage at ranks 11 and 16
Sona

Aria of Perseverance
Base heal reduced to 25/50/75/100/125 from 35/70/105/140/175
Ability power ratio reduced to .25 from .35
Now grants double her passive aura bonus to her heal target and herself for 3 seconds
Reduced the lockout time while casting Sona's songs to make them more responsive
Fixed a bug where Hymn of Valor and Aria of Perseverance caused her to deal 20% reduced damage
Soraka

Recommended Items updated
Base health increased to 446 from 426
Base health per level increased to 71 from 67
Starcall
Cooldown reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3 seconds
Base damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
Ability power ratio increased to .4 from .25
Mana cost reduced to 35/40/45/50/55 from 40/50/60/70/80
Shred increased to 8/9/10/11/12 from 8 at all levels
Maximum stacks reduced to 10 from 20
Range increased by 30
Astral Blessing
Ability power ratio reduced to .45 from .9
Cooldown increased to 20 seconds from 10 seconds
Base Heal increased to 70/140/210/280/350 from 60/120/180/240/300
Armor buff increased to 25/50/75/100/125 from 20/35/50/65/80
Armor buff duration increased to 5 seconds from 4 seconds
Cast range increased to 750 from 650
Infuse
Ability power ratio increased to .75 from .6
Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds from 15 seconds
Silence duration adjusted to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
No longer grants double Mana when casting on yourself
Wish
Ability power ratio reduced to .7 from 1.3
Mana cost reduced to 100/175/250 from 200/275/350
Taric

Base attack speed increased to .625 from .613
Imbue
Ability power ratio reduced to .6 from 1.1
Cooldown increased to 20/19/18/17/16 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Basic attacks now reduce Imbue?s cooldown by 1 second (from 2) but the reduction now increases to 3 seconds when attacking an enemy champion
Udyr

Turtle Stance
Heal reduced to 10/12/14/16/18% from 12/14/16/18/20%
Mana return reduced to 5/6/7/8/9% from 9/10.5/12/13.5/15%
Fixed a bug with Phoenix Stance where the activation damage was counting as single target spell damage for Spell Vamp or Rylai's
Xin'Zhao

Three Talon Strike knock up duration slightly reduced
Audacious Charge slow duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 1.75 seconds
General

UI Improvements
New scoreboard with new art!
Removed upper left redundant champion info
Floating text is now prioritized to show important events such as being stunned or silenced much more quickly
Kills are now displayed as "Kill Callouts" along the right hand side of the screen and show assists
Added a new ping functionality: You can now ping to signal your teammates to fall back
You are now able to mute players from the scoreboard
Improved prioritization for selection of units around towers
Made improvements to loadtimes and frame rates for Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline, and Tutorials
Toggle spells no longer cancel channeling when turned off
Made improvements to camera panning to make it smoother
Made improvements to how Fog of War interacts with the environment to enhance the visual display (does not affect the gameplay aspect of Fog of War)
Fixed a bug where Champions could be pulled across the map while teleporting
Fixed several issues where character animations would sometimes freeze
Fixed several bugs associated with reconnecting to a game
Fixed several bugs associated with load time crashes
Fixed a rare bug that caused in-game crashes

:)

Blackface

Banned
jesus 10k viewers for a League of Legends stream at 10:41 am EST on a Wednesday, where the guy is not even playing League of Legends.

This game is becoming to popular.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks Achtius. And sweet, now I can mute you every game. ;)

The only champions I own who were nerfed are Sona and Soraka, it looks like.

JWong

Banned
Blackface said:
jesus 10k viewers for a League of Legends stream at 10:41 am EST on a Wednesday, where the guy is not even playing League of Legends.

More people watch Champion's Spotlight than the finals of that DotA 2 tournament.

I think pretty much all Champion's spotlight are around 2 million views all the time.

Blizzard said:
Thanks Achtius. And sweet, now I can mute you every game. ;)

The only champions I own who were nerfed are Sona and Soraka, it looks like.
Shiiiiiiieeettt!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Blackface said:

Why would this be surprising it's like 4-6pm in Europe at the moment.

2th

Banned
Uchip said:
i predict
"riot is just retarded" -2th

only half retarded... the lifesteal isnt a terrible nerf but the mana return is massive. They should have just bumped his mana costs up and gone from there but they are half retarded.

DrBo42

Blackface said:
HotshotGG on stream right now going over the patch. Basically raging / saying Riot is clueless, and most of the changes are awful and done because scrubs don't know how to counter.

Only ones he didn't have issues with were Udyr and Taric.

edit: He also said Nidalee is not viable competitively anymore because she does less then other champions since her sustain is now gone. They also fucked up her dodge and only gave her 10 armor. He said they did this because they want to remove dodge from the game eventually.
He's just freaking out because that's his main. Many tears will be shed, and I will enjoy all of them.

JWong

Banned
DrBo42 said:
He's just freaking out because that's his main. Many tears will be shed, and I will enjoy all of them.
The only reason I like Nidalee is her skin.

Most players really suck with her because they don't understand how to use hybrid characters.

broz0rs

KlockreN said:
Finally lvl 20! Now i'm going to buy tier 3 runes for trynd, so i would like som advice?

Crit chance or Armor pen? Maybe health?

Get arpen reds. They are clearly the best reds for AD carrys in the game. Crit is good for Trynd, but more characters can benefit from arpens. Personally, since tier 3's are expensive, I'd try to maximize on runes that can benefit many characters. Here's a resource that goes indepth:

http://runeterra.com/forums/index.php?topic=1137.0

Blackface said:

I'd hope not considering a Dodge yellow is 800 IP and I pretty much blown my entire IP on them. x_x

I certainly hope Riot isn't removing Dodge. Removing SOME random elements is totally fine; removing variable attack damage (45-50 damage per auto-attack was dumb, standardizing that was better) was good. Random Runes on map in favor of creeps holding buffs... yeah, I can dig it.

But removing Dodge is like removing Crit.

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
I certainly hope Riot isn't removing Dodge. Removing SOME random elements is totally fine; removing variable attack damage (45-50 damage per auto-attack was dumb, standardizing that was better) was good. Random Runes on map in favor of creeps holding buffs... yeah, I can dig it.

But removing Dodge is like removing Crit.
Soon we will reach the status of TF2 promode. No more random critrockets!

Speaking of red arpens, I have bought a few tier 3 runes. Do armor penetration and magic penetration have any effect if the other team does not have armor/magic resist items? In other words, does it still help against the base armor? A lot of teams don't seem to build most physical armor, which is presumably something I should take advantage of with Caitlyn.

dimb

Blizzard said:
Soon we will reach the status of TF2 promode. No more random critrockets!

Speaking of red arpens, I have bought a few tier 3 runes. Do armor penetration and magic penetration have any effect if the other team does not have armor/magic resist items? In other words, does it still help against the base armor? A lot of teams don't seem to build most physical armor, which is presumably something I should take advantage of with Caitlyn.
All creeps and enemy champions have built in armor and magic resist that increases as they level up.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
All creeps and enemy champions have built in armor and magic resist that increases as they level up.
So that's affected too, that's what I was wondering. Thanks. Someone was criticizing me for buying the armor penetration bow (possibly with Caitlyn) once, and I -thought- their reasoning was that the other team didn't have armor and thus I didn't need it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Last Whisper is an amazing item for any AD carry, anyone criticizing it is a moron.

dimb

Blizzard said:
So that's affected too, that's what I was wondering. Thanks. Someone was criticizing me for buying the armor penetration bow (possibly with Caitlyn) once, and I -thought- their reasoning was that the other team didn't have armor and thus I didn't need it.
Armor Penetration is a very good stat that becomes even better because of how rare it is to find on items. Take it where you can get it if you're doing physical damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom