• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

broz0rs

Personally, I would not buy an LW if the other team's characters are not buying items with armor in them, especially their tank. Another good reason to get arpen reds is so that you can bypass enough armor and won't have the need to get an LW.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Since Last Whisper's ArPen is percentage based, there is a point where buying it will be more efficient than buying something like Youmuu's. Just like you don't buy Void Staff against a team without MR items, you shouldn't buy Last Whisper unless there's enough Armor on the other side to make it worthwhile.

Last Whisper: 2290g
+40 AD
+40% ArPen

Pickaxe: 975g
+25 AD

If you compare two Pickaxes to Last Whisper. Last Whisper is missing about 12-13 damage. The ArPen compensates for this gap. If the bonus damage you get from this ArPen exceeds 12-13 damage, then it has good efficiency. If not, then it has bad efficiency.

Blizzard

Banned
Halycon said:
Since Last Whisper's ArPen is percentage based, there is a point where buying it will be more efficient than buying something like Youmuu's. Just like you don't buy Void Staff against a team without MR items, you shouldn't buy Last Whisper unless there's enough Armor on the other side to make it worthwhile.

If you compare two Pickaxes to Last Whisper. Last Whisper is missing about 12-13 damage. The ArPen compensates for this gap. If the bonus damage you get from this ArPen exceeds 12-13 damage, then it has good efficiency. If not, then it has bad efficiency.
And now I'm confused in circles again. People were just saying that last whisper works against the BUILT-IN armor gain people get from leveling up/time going on, right? So wouldn't you get some "bonus damage" even if they have no +armor items?

Nitpick, two pickaxes take up two slots, which is a point against them.

*edit* That guide basically taught me to play Master Yi like a month ago. It turns out that four doubleswords aren't as effective as you'd like, though, so I had to start mixing it up. GET DUNKED

unifin

Blizzard said:
And now I'm confused in circles again. People were just saying that last whisper works against the BUILT-IN armor gain people get from leveling up/time going on, right? So wouldn't you get some "bonus damage" even if they have no +armor items?

Yes, you will, but it may not be as much damage you could do with another item in the slot. It's a relative, not an absolute judgment.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If the enemy team isn't stacking armor then Last Whisper isn't going to be as useful as a Black Cleaver. The way Last Whisper works is that it scales with the enemies armor, so the more they have the more effective it will be.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blizzard said:
ArPen works on total armor, which includes base armor and bonus armor.

Last Whisper works the same way, but champions' armor at level 5 is lower than their armor at level 18. Since Last Whisper is a flat percentage, then it will be less effective against level 5 champions than against level 18 champions.

Yes, you would still get "bonus damage", but not necessarily enough to reach efficiency, which is what you want whenever you buy an item like Last Whisper.

Fjord

Shit yeah I'm gold! I guess that guy's thread got noticed in which he pointed out that only something like the top 0.4% were in gold, with platinum being only the top 27. That's for solo queue too, nobody can get a high enough elo for plat in the other queues.

broz0rs

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1143351

Platinum (Top 0.2%) - 1900 and above (3v3: 1700+, pre-made 5v5: 1750+): a framed summoner icon in platinum, a platinum banner in summoner profile, a platinum forum badge and a special skin for Jarvan IV

Gold (Top 3%) - Between 1520 and 1899 (3v3: 1490-1699, pre-made 5v5: 1500-1749) : a framed summoner icon in gold, a gold banner in your summoner profile, a gold forum badge and a special skin for Jarvan IV

Silver (Top 10%) - Between 1400 and 1519 (3v3: 1410-1489, pre-made 5v5: 1410-1499) : a framed summoner icon in silver and a silver banner in your summoner profile

Bronze (Top 25%) - Between 1249 and 1399 (3v3: 1249-1409, pre-made 5v5: 1249-1409) : a bronze banner in your summoner profile

congratulations to the flood of new Gold and Plat level players

dimb

All of the new UI stuff is amazing. Feels so much better. Now they just need to fix the in-game scoreboard.

Edit: Nevermind. They did and I didn't even notice it.

2th

Banned
1) My god the udyr mana regen nerf is an abomination. SInce they changed the mana costs a few patches ago you could actually swap between phoenix and turlte on a crap camp and maintain high health. Now you get to start a creep camp with phoenix and then you are stuck hitting turtle every time its up if you want to maintain your health. He got over nerfed big time here. Wish they would have just pumped the mana costs back up to where they were a few patches ago when he was considered weak and then gone from there.

2) Rayven, as mean is this sounds, christ almighty i hope you or the person who did the new invite popup gets fired. It is a HUGE step back in terms of aesthetic appeal. I cannot believe you guys would even let such an ugly thing make it to live. I mean i understand wanting to provide more information to the player but it looks terrible. PLEASE change it back or make it look less crappy.

Rayven

aka surume
Dance In My Blood said:
All of the new UI stuff is amazing. Feels so much better. Now they just need to fix the in-game scoreboard.

Edit: Nevermind. They did and I didn't even notice it.
thoughts?

dimb

Rayven said:
thoughts?
There's more available information, which is my favorite thing, and its displayed in a way that can easily be read with the color coding and the size changes. Item builds are also much easier to see at the new size. Kill callouts also make a big difference in keeping an eye on how many assists certain champions are racking up.

Would really love to see some of these changes work themselves in to the Match History.

Neki

FlightOfHeaven said:
I've only been to the store, but I gotta say...

It's LEAGUES better.

why is it called league of legends when the heroes are called champions

it should be called league of champions.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ultimoo said:
why is it called league of legends when the heroes are called champions

it should be called league of champions.
I think Riot Really wanted the game to be able to be shortened to LoL. There is even a decent chance they came up with LoL:D before the Dominion name.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I certainly hope Riot isn't removing Dodge. Removing SOME random elements is totally fine; removing variable attack damage (45-50 damage per auto-attack was dumb, standardizing that was better) was good. Random Runes on map in favor of creeps holding buffs... yeah, I can dig it.

But removing Dodge is like removing Crit.

I just want to respond to this -- removing dodge is an incredibly good thing.

Dodge is a terrible, terrible thing.

I just looked at my RP purchases history...

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Been playing a lot of Cho'gath lately. I feel even with 6 stacks at second level he gets pretty unkillable, especially with a healer.

I've been tower tanking and running right up to guys and ulting them like a boss.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Akali is stomping him pretty hard, was funny watching him cry about Nidalee earlier.

Flare

bigmakattack said:
Love it. Client, Scoreboard, Kill Callout, and Victory/Defeat screen look much better than they did before.

Also, Hotshot is soo mad about Nidalee, it's hilarious.

Why's he mad? I've been popping spears so fast for obscene amounts of damage, it's awesome.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
broz0rs said:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1143351

Platinum (Top 0.2%) - 1900 and above (3v3: 1700+, pre-made 5v5: 1750+): a framed summoner icon in platinum, a platinum banner in summoner profile, a platinum forum badge and a special skin for Jarvan IV

Gold (Top 3%) - Between 1520 and 1899 (3v3: 1490-1699, pre-made 5v5: 1500-1749) : a framed summoner icon in gold, a gold banner in your summoner profile, a gold forum badge and a special skin for Jarvan IV

Silver (Top 10%) - Between 1400 and 1519 (3v3: 1410-1489, pre-made 5v5: 1410-1499) : a framed summoner icon in silver and a silver banner in your summoner profile

Bronze (Top 25%) - Between 1249 and 1399 (3v3: 1249-1409, pre-made 5v5: 1249-1409) : a bronze banner in your summoner profile

congratulations to the flood of new Gold and Plat level players
Wow... Maybe I should play ranked and try to Silver now. I've been at 1367.

Rayven

aka surume
2th said:
aside from my rant about the game invite popup looking like crap, so far i like the new UI in general. just takes a little getting user to.
Sorry tooth. The alert formatting is busted for some ppl on live. They look a lot better when properly formatted.

We are looking into it.

Achtius

Jazzy Network said:
So since we got our purchase histories, let's see who our top 5 champ purchases are.

In order:

Kayle
Ashe
Twisted Fate
Tristana
Nasus

mine are:

Morgana
Swain
Annie
Jarvan

unifin

So Talon is really fun - can pull off a number of kills by baiting into brush and then EWQ.

Got a nice double kill in the last game where I took one too many tower hits and a greedy Kayle and rumble decided they could kill me. Brush --> EWQ --> stealth --> repeat, cy@.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom