• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uchip said:
roles dont matter when theres a gangplank on the loose

Yea true. Fed Gp is stupid, but if we had a legit tank, it would've been a bit easier and I wouldn't have to pick a bad ganking jungler just so we could have some meat.

After that game I don't want to face a Gangplank ever again. Ruined my 4 game domination streak. :(

He was really tanky despite not having any increased armor or magic resistance.

And I don't understand why they lowered the cool down on his Q to Urgot Q levels. I could not touch him because of that.

Neki

Jazzy Network said:
Any Gaffers actually Jungle besides me? If not at least tank? I can't fill both roles.
I run a mean jungle tankwick, almost better than boken's.

boken just likes dying as warwick.

Neki

Jazzy Network said:
I know Amumu can. Everytime I play with Gaffers though I end up having to Jungle and half the time there's no tank.
teach gaffers how to jungle then. every time I ask someone else to jungle, their excuse is, "don't know how to jungle".

I haven't even bought 5 heroes yet.

I bought:

Ashe
Annie
Tryndamere

I still have yet to play Tryndamere. Didn't care that much for Annie. She's great, I just don't like her style - too dependent on setting up one big nuke.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I play all roles except AD carry.

When I actually play that is.

2th

Banned
Rayven said:
Sorry tooth. The alert formatting is busted for some ppl on live. They look a lot better when properly formatted.

We are looking into it.

ah good to know its just broken. that makes me a lot happier than knowing it just looks like some poorly designed 5 minute job.

Neki

Jazzy Network said:
Should teach you to not play AP Kogmaw, but you still will so what's the point?
your lack of faith in humanity is what makes you inhuman

think about that for a second.

if you're not willing to teach those who need it, then you have no right to complain about the choices of other.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So at level 3, Sona heal for 50 health, cost 65 mana... and give like 11 more magic resist and armor for 2 seconds....?

She already scale badly since aura doesn't increase by item... now its just sad =/

JWong

Banned
So Talon is one crazy Assassin type.

Seriously handed me one as Annie in mid.

Edit: Jesus Christ, Talon can do tons of damage to a group. He's no assassin! He kills everything!

Azar

Ultimoo said:
your lack of faith in humanity is what makes you inhuman

think about that for a second.

if you're not willing to teach those who need it, then you have no right to complain about the choices of other.
The fuck? The #1 piece of advice given to new people playing LoL is to look at guides to learn more about champs and what items to build on them. So...lulz?

Wrekt

Jazzy Network said:
Lol I'm not gonna teach people how to jungle. There's guides all over the net.
Keep in mind that I just started playing a couple weeks back. I'm barely level 15.

I looked up a jungle guide last week because I couldn't do shit with Amumu in a lane but everybody told me how awesome he was. I watched the first jungling guide for him I found and decided I would try it out the next game I played.

So I ran right up to blue at level 1 and he kicked the shit out of me. Apparently they buffed the jungle after that video was made. I looked like such an asshole.

Neki

Azar said:
The fuck? The #1 piece of advice given to new people playing LoL is to look at guides to learn more about champs and what items to build on them. So...lulz?
you can do that, but if they do a bad job of jungling, or don't want to, you shouldn't be complaining.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wait, is the blanked out Achievements tab new? I don't feel like I've heard anything about this before.

Achtius

JWong said:
So Talon is one crazy Assassin type.

Seriously handed me one as Annie in mid.

Edit: Jesus Christ, Talon can do tons of damage to a group. He's no assassin! He kills everything!

I also think he's OP atm. His combo do shit load of damage and putting silence on little annie make her helpless.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Mister Wilhelm said:
I haven't even bought 5 heroes yet.

I bought:

Ashe
Annie
Tryndamere

I still have yet to play Tryndamere. Didn't care that much for Annie. She's great, I just don't like her style - too dependent on setting up one big nuke.

I whore at ashe but arrow and slow all she is. If you can't hit with arrow msot of the time might as well bust out caitlyn or corki.

Trynd...... what a waste unless you like trolling clueless pubbers than by all means crit dmg and arpen runes all the way.

Ashe and Annie are good basically top tier in their class.

Blizzard

Banned
Regarding the new UI, some of it seems decent, but I really don't like the scoreboard much. The player names and champion blend together, the text is all the same color and same font and feels small and hard to read for me, and the kill/death/assist thing is way over on the right so it even feels hard to line up which champion has which number of kills. *shrug*

Blizzard

Banned
shintoki said:
Okay, I got silver!
Congrats!

I found the purchases tab finally. I'm level 24, and my champion purchases in order (all IP):

Soraka
Shaco
Malphite
Master Yi
Annie
Ashe
Sona
Cho'Gath
Caitlyn
Gangplank

For some reason earlier purchases seem to show up twice on the list.

2th

Banned
Ultimoo said:
teach gaffers how to jungle then. every time I ask someone else to jungle, their excuse is, "don't know how to jungle".

i do nothing but jungle. i can pretty much tell you how to jungle with any champion.

JWong

Banned
2v85ton.jpg

Sweet HUD.

Successfully tanked Amumu against a pretty tough team.

goober

Blizzard said:
Regarding the new UI, some of it seems decent, but I really don't like the scoreboard much. The player names and champion blend together, the text is all the same color and same font and feels small and hard to read for me, and the kill/death/assist thing is way over on the right so it even feels hard to line up which champion has which number of kills. *shrug*

The new UI is weird, I think. It may just be that it takes some getting used to.

However, the scoreboard is the one I have a problem with. I don't know if it's because of my resolution (I'm playing on a laptop) or what, but it takes up a good chunk of my screen, and the last player on the bottom team is blocked by my health bar/skills/etc.

I also can't easily tell who's dead or alive and what the respawn time is. Again, it could be that it takes some getting used to.

edit:
Saren is Bad said:
wait did they change the in game hud? or just scoreboard, lobby, store?

yeah, in game HUD is changed. check out the Talon Champion Spotlight, you'll notice some changes. If you look at the mini Map, there's a yellow ping button. That's to signify to your team to retreat. Pretty cool.

dimb

Saren is Bad said:
wait did they change the in game hud? or just scoreboard, lobby, store?
Basic UI is still the same.

Skarner is pretty fun for being kind of subpar most of the time and easily countered. Maybe I can find a way to make him work on a regular basis. His 1v1 is still beyond terrible. I wish his "Q" would do extra damage if it was only hitting a single target.
86715fbd12a814684d448215fc2d3c4cc3ab4ae4.jpg

cdyhybrid

Any advice for Warwick? He's my favorite hero design but he seems underused. I try to jungle but I can't keep up in levels with those in lanes. I'm not level 30 so I don't have to worry about high ELO counter jungle BS.

cdyhybrid said:
Any advice for Warwick? He's my favorite hero design but he seems underused. I try to jungle but I can't keep up in levels with those in lanes. I'm not level 30 so I don't have to worry about high ELO counter jungle BS.

Wits End, then tanky.

This game is a lot of fun. I still only play against bots with friends, though. And someone brought it up, but I've never looked at a guide online. I only did the initial tutorial level and that was it.

I should probably read up on a thing or two.

Does anyone else really HATE the new scoreboard? It's really fucking bad. I liked the old one better.

Also I bought Orianna because I heard she's OP and I want to reach 1000 elo before season 1 ends >_>

Solo QQ D:

dimb

bf684048099e4930ad7426b8ea807900ebba1b64.jpg

Skarnerfest 2011. Last game was even 4v5 against our team.
I still am too scared to take him into ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom