• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Just had another game as sona, so during end up I was spam healing someone with max cdr.

We run from enemy base all the way to our inner tower, I couldn't even get half of his health back. :(

This suck so much, I remember able to patch someone back up to full in a minute or two. Now I don't even know the point of casting W. Oh 3 people jumping on you, don't worry, let me give you 25 (yes 25) heal, and give you 7 more armor and magic resist for 2 seconds. I wouldn't be so piss if it cost like 20 mana, no... it have to cost 65 mana, for 25 health. or 50 health at level 2...

Sona got outclassed by regrowth pendant =/ Someone in riot should nerf her breast size so I can just go ahead and main someone else.

Ferny

Loving the new scoreboard. It's so much easier to see what you need to see quickly. Only thing that sometimes gets me is the death timer so close to the current champion level.

Oh and FYI, Jarvan + Talon lane is GG! Went 5-1 with that combo yesterday.

New UI is obnoxious, really obnoxious. Ugly too. My god those colors and icons everywhere. New art assets are really low res too. Victory? More like fuzzy.

After playing AP Gragas, I see little point in bothering with Urgot anymore. Gragas is AP Urgot with a better ult, better escapability, higher damage compounded with splash damage. Urgot needs a late game buff. His Q should be .9 or 1 ratio or his leveling AD stats need a boost. Unlike Gragas, Urgot can only concentrate on one guy at a time and yet can't touch the damage AP gragas dishes to 1 person, let alone a clump of people.

Urgot's a great anticarry early game. Laning mid against tristana which then switched to morgana after dying was easy peasy (morgana died too), maybe too easy. I was fed, playing perfectly...didn't miss a canister the entire first 10 minutes of a match and took out the mid tower before the 10 minute mark. My reward for great play was keeping up with everyone else. I shouldn't have to be fed to just keep up damage wise. I was farming very very well considering I had mid to myself. If I'm fed and do well farming then I should be rewarded. I should be wrecking just like just about any other character were in my shoes.

Urgot's already got a weakness, he's slow like Gragas with pretty much no escapability unlike gragas. That should be enough. He should be doing carry-ish damage late game if fed and farmed like one. And it's like the other team knew that they shouldn't care whether I get fed or not. They knew if the game lasts more than 30 minutes, which they typically do, that my cleaver and maxed out manamune and brutalizer and whatever wasn't going to amount to that much. Yes, we won the match, but it was closer than it should have been. Luckily I had a team to carry the team's carry, me.

Let me put it this way, if I played a real carry and did half as good as I did as Urgot, I would have been more helpful in the long run than if I played as Urgot. That's not right. At that point, what is the point?

But yeah, free week of Gragas makes me regret bothering my time with urgot. Only choose him now if we absolutely need AD and not AP. I like what Urgot represents, a pesky anti-carry, but always scratch my head by the 30 minute mark.

Blizzard

Banned
kiunchbb said:
Just had another game as sona, so during end up I was spam healing someone with max cdr.

We run from enemy base all the way to our inner tower, I couldn't even get half of his health back. :(

This suck so much, I remember able to patch someone back up to full in a minute or two. Now I don't even know the point of casting W. Oh 3 people jumping on you, don't worry, let me give you 25 (yes 25) heal, and give you 7 more armor and magic resist for 2 seconds. I wouldn't be so piss if it cost like 20 mana, no... it have to cost 65 mana, for 25 health. or 50 health at level 2...

Sona got outclassed by regrowth pendant =/ Someone in riot should nerf her breast size so I can just go ahead and main someone else.
I got Sona just before the nerf and I was already complaining then that she didn't do much healing. I think someone said the healing was just a bonus, and you could spam with CDR, but now...the only way she can do damage is through AD basically, right?

*edit* Another UI thing...besides the kill/death thing being so far to the right on the scoreboard that it confuses me and blends together, I feel like the minimap icons look weird/flickery now, but that could have been my graphics messing up I guess.

Finally, I think someone mentioned about ELO how everyone goes XYZ on top, and ABC on bottom...are there specific advantages for top, or does it depend what side you start on (i.e. it's better for casters to be near their own blue buff or something)?

*edit again*
Owlowiscious said:
FYI, PAX Sivir (Tron) is swag bag, so everyone that attends should get one right away, so about 30,000 Tron Sivir codes to look for.
Oh man, I would LOVE a Sivir Tron skin. =(

JWong

Banned
Sona's healing is like Alister's roar. It sucks, but you can do it a lot. Not good in fights.

Quite frankly, when I saw Sona's difficulty categorized by Riot as the easiest champion to use, I kinda stopped using her. She has some good, but even someone like Karma or other champions can give better support while being good at offensive.

Blizzard said:
Finally, I think someone mentioned about ELO how everyone goes XYZ on top, and ABC on bottom...are there specific advantages for top, or does it depend what side you start on (i.e. it's better for casters to be near their own blue buff or something)?

I'm still a nublet, so I could be wrong, but I believe it has to do with proximity to the dragon. Bottom lane is closer to the dragon, so you put two people there to help the jungler secure it. Since all of that is taking place at the bottom, top tends to be left to fend for itself, which makes sturdy/sustainable champions ideal.

brian!

KO Traveling Hobo said:
I'm still a nublet, so I could be wrong, but I believe it has to do with proximity to the dragon. Bottom lane is closer to the dragon, so you put two people there to help the jungler secure it. Since all of that is taking place at the bottom, top tends to be left to fend for itself, which makes sturdy/sustainable champions ideal.

ding ding ding

brian! said:
ding ding ding
location to blue and red are also important. If I'm playing promu then i want blue-side so if nobody has blue I'll nab it on my way to my first blue pill and then tele back to top or wherever. Now you can't budge me and i'm a farming machine that can gank if needed. Can't do that if I go bot, or if I do, I'll waste a lot of travel time on my way or risk stealing the other teams.

red13th

I love that they added our purchase history.
I spent a total of $60 in a year. About $5/month. My boyfriend spent $140, a bit over $10/month.
First purchase was Garen, second was Amumu. Third Kayle, fourth Kassadin who I played twice, fed both times then never touched again (I didn't even remember I bought him so early in my LoL-life), fifth Nidalee, sixth Udyr. Then a buttload of tier-3 runes. I remember that time, I had just hit 20 and had no runes and tons of IP so I bought all of them at once. Good times.

Ferrio

Banned
kiunchbb said:

Sona is the 1 of 3 heroes I have unlocked :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How about some Talon impressions longer then the two above? D:
I'm wondering if I should farm IP like crazy to buy him.

JWong

Banned
red_13th said:
I love that they added our purchase history.
I spent a total of $60 in a year. About $5/month. My boyfriend spent $140, a bit over $10/month.
First purchase was Garen, second was Amumu. Third Kayle, fourth Kassadin who I played twice, fed both times then never touched again (I didn't even remember I bought him so early in my LoL-life), fifth Nidalee, sixth Udyr. Then a buttload of tier-3 runes. I remember that time, I had just hit 20 and had no runes and tons of IP so I bought all of them at once. Good times.
1zvrcz6.jpg

I spent about 5 bucks on skins? I forgot.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Keiician said:
I didn't buy him so I can't say from first hand experience, but he seems alright, I'm just not sure the assassin role is really that useful in the metagame right now. He's not going to solo top, he's not going mid, he's not going to jungle, and he isn't going to carry a team enough to throw him in bottom.

JWong

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
I didn't buy him so I can't say from first hand experience, but he seems alright, I'm just not sure the assassin role is really that useful in the metagame right now. He's not going to solo top, he's not going mid, he's not going to jungle, and he isn't going to carry a team enough to throw him in bottom.
A Talon mid when I was Annie. Unfortunately, I didn't know his skills and he managed to always dodge my stuns and kill me about 2 times early game.

Boken

Banned
Keiician said:
Talon is pretty decent in a 1v1 situation because of his burst and silence. But in team fights he's not as good as other assassins because he lacks their mobility. So what can I say? He's a squishy melee champion without any survivability or good escape mechanisms (lol 2.5s stealth every ~50s, "some sweet escape tools" right Phreak?). Essentially you'd be blink striking into the team fight, dagger waving, auto attacking, on hit skill, casting your R and getting out of there before you get killed... then wait for CDs. Without your CDs you're just master yi without his ult. Or shaco without his decieve.

So he's basically Akali with a silence, more AOE, a shittier stealth and no blinking everywhere.

Rayven

aka surume
Dunnno, saw Regi do well with him last night solo top. Brutalizer -> BF Sword seemed to work MUCH better than Wriggles -> Tri-Force

2th

Banned
Rayven said:
Dunnno, saw Regi do well with him last night solo top. Brutalizer -> BF Sword seemed to work MUCH better than Wriggles -> Tri-Force

Just tell me yall are fixing the abomination of a nerf you did to my poor Udyr. His jungle is no considerably much more boring. Turtl Turtle Turtle Turtle Turtle. Oh and if you get counter jungled at all you are pretty much going to die cause you have no mana

Uchip

Banned
Boken said:
Talon is pretty decent in a 1v1 situation because of his burst and silence. But in team fights he's not as good as other assassins because he lacks their mobility. So what can I say? He's a squishy melee champion without any survivability or good escape mechanisms (lol 2.5s stealth every ~50s, "some sweet escape tools" right Phreak?). Essentially you'd be blink striking into the team fight, dagger waving, auto attacking, on hit skill, casting your R and getting out of there before you get killed... then wait for CDs. Without your CDs you're just master yi without his ult. Or shaco without his decieve.

So he's basically Akali with a silence, more AOE, a shittier stealth and no blinking everywhere.

the slow and blink also count as escape mechanisms i guess

Blizzard

Banned
2th said:
Just tell me yall are fixing the abomination of a nerf you did to my poor Udyr. His jungle is no considerably much more boring. Turtl Turtle Turtle Turtle Turtle. Oh and if you get counter jungled at all you are pretty much going to die cause you have no mana
Udyr dying? Sounds balanced to me. *sunglasses*

Look at it on the bright side, at least you didn't play Sona (or potentially Soraka).

JWong

Banned
2th said:
Udyr fix:

- Stop playing Udyr.
35jilu9.png

Mothman91

Looks like I might be playing LoL most of Saturday when the hurricane hits us. If I'm playing with any gaffers and I randomly d/c, you guys know what's up.

2th

Banned
Blizzard said:
Udyr dying? Sounds balanced to me. *sunglasses*

Look at it on the bright side, at least you didn't play Sona (or potentially Soraka).

Udyr shouldnt be dying in the jungle to a single counter jungle though. He is supposed to be at home in the jungle not just halfway alright.

Also, apparently you havent seen the new FotM of solo soraka. Farming with starcall and healing herself all day long.

JWong said:
Udyr fix:

- Stop playing Udyr.
35jilu9.png

seething hatred describes my feelings for your comment.

2th said:
If I was him I wouldn't even respond to your adolecent dribble. Not even 2 pages ago you demanded that he be fired from his job!
Your narcissism is the kind of thing that books are written about and this is just some Internet gaming forum I'd hate to think how you carry yourself in you day to day life.

P.S. Sorry for the rant I just couldn't read any more of his nonsense without saying anything.

Nocturne's pretty badass. Always do well early but the game drags out longer, I get wrecked. What should I do? I get Banshees and shit, but still get murdered.

brian!

yeah that's a problem with nocturne, especially when the other team knows how to peel people off their carry. just gotta take advantage of situations and position well is all I can say. you can go warmogs/atmas/banshees but even that won't really save you.

Blackface

Banned
Jazzy Network said:
Nocturne's pretty badass. Always do well early but the game drags out longer, I get wrecked. What should I do? I get Banshees and shit, but still get murdered.

WARMOGS AND ATMAS ON ALL THINGS.

Ferga

Blackface said:
HotshotGG on stream, playing Karma, destroying a Teemo from Curse.

I shut a soraka and trynd down with my karma (I was solo top) they eventually rage quit after I got double kills 4 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom