• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were some good games. I find that it's really easy to assassinate people with Shaco. Just deceive from a bush and start hitting the squishiest target.

Doesn't really work that well against Karthus though. He ended up killing me a lot with his Defile field. Couldn't get away in time. :(

That third match is definitely the most fun one I've had a in while.

Kyaw

Ok, i'm in love with this game now. Having played some Coop vs AI 5v5 matches with Ark last night without knowing anything at all about the builds or spells, we did pretty damn well.

Now onto Intermediate AI and learning builds!

Ark

Kyaw said:
Ok, i'm in love with this game now. Having played some Coop vs AI 5v5 matches with Ark last night without knowing anything at all about the builds or spells, we did pretty damn well.

Now onto Intermediate AI and learning builds!

Seconded.

Jhriad

Ark said:
Seconded.

Make sure to join the Neogaf channel and set it to auto-join on startup if you'd like to get in games with fellow Gaffers. What're your in-game names? I play an AI game or two a day at least.

Blackface

Banned
Wow, Renekton and Ryze being used competitively. Renekton DESTROYED Jax top, wow.

Edit: Dominates top lane, then roams. Allowing Jax to farm up and become a monster late game. durp durp/.

Island

Well came back to LoL after giving HoN a try. HoN just doesnt "click" for me.

Went 15/4/11 as Nasus last night. Completely wrecked the other team. They would see me coming even in a 1v3 and run away. Was hilarious.

Blackface

Banned
Zilean seems to be getting banned a lot now, and elementz moved him to the second spot on his tier list.

He better not get another nerf. Riot seems to love to look at what competitive players use or ban, then nerf that champion until they are a complete joke (see Nidalee)

Eteric Rice

Is there a good website to learn strategies and stuff? I'm getting destroyed by bots and shit in the 5v5 players vs. bots dealio.

I want to not suck. :|

Eteric Rice said:
Is there a good website to learn strategies and stuff? I'm getting destroyed by bots and shit in the 5v5 players vs. bots dealio.

2 best sites I know of and frequent are mobafire.com and leaguecraft.com.

Boken

Banned
Eteric Rice said:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php
Is where I go when I'm not sure. Definitely AVOID the official LoL forums.

mobafire is also decent and has some guide crossovers with solomid. Leaguecraft... while I started off learning with that site, I've come to realise isn't that good. In organisation and the guides themselves. Stick to Mobafire and solomid.

I think there are some beginner guides out there about map awareness, zone control, creep control, last hitting etc.

In other news: Brand is such a strong laner. Jesus.

Eteric Rice

Cool, thanks. This website is much better.

Checking out the Master Yi guides now. My friend told me he's good to start with. From what I've played, he's great at taking down minions, but its the NPC champs that I have trouble with.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Play Annie. She's very beginner friendly and has an easier time killing heroes.

I don't really see the point to tanking in this game. Some of the champions that are tanks are good, but what's the point in attempting to direct damage at yourself when people can freely choose their targets? Taunt isn't going to make a big difference in a fight is it?

Boken

Banned
The most important part about tanking is being able to initiate and take the first wave of damage so your team can enter the fight with an advantage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
FutureZombie said:
I don't really see the point to tanking in this game. Some of the champions that are tanks are good, but what's the point in attempting to direct damage at yourself when people can freely choose their targets? Taunt isn't going to make a big difference in a fight is it?
The best tank characters have good crowd control and disruption, allowing them to potentially lock down and distract the enemy team. This gives the tank's allies the opportunity to get in and really do a lot of damage without instantly blowing up. Tanks are great at initiating a fight and making sure the enemy team has to commit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The point is to make yourself an attractive target while simultaneously preventing the opposing side from reach your backline.

It's tanking by way of distraction and taking advantage of panic and disorganization.

KO Traveling Hobo said:
They've got, like, eleventy billion champions. I'd rather them work on what they already have.
They have like 80~. DotA has 104.

I'm going to give Riot staff the credit of being able to chew gum and walk at the same time. They have creative people on staff, I just think they are being hindered by arbitrary anti-fun rules.

Also, I want Ionic Spark in standard play so bad. Mjollnir was one of my favorite items back in the day...

Ferrio

Banned
So cleaned up with Cass again. Long as I have a competent lane partner that helps me with harass she's awesome. If I don't manage to get early kills, then it's usually bad times.

Jhriad

Dance In My Blood said:
Tanks are great at initiating a fight and making sure the enemy team has to commit.

Bold part is the most important part of being a tank imo. Initiation/setting up an advantage in team fights.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Riot have said they're not interested in a BKB-type item because it places too much emphasis on a single hero or something.

inky

Hey guys. Haven't posted in this thread yet. I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now, and only against bots... so, where can I join a group? I'd rather play with some random gaffers than random randoms.

In-game name = ZombieMech, and I usually play Lux. I like its nice damage dealer mid to endgame & like playing support, but I guess she's pretty fragile against other people.

Blizzard

Banned
KO Traveling Hobo said:
They've got, like, eleventy billion champions. I'd rather them work on what they already have.
Have they ever significantly changed champion abilities though? I figure if they drastically changed one champion's abilities to do something different that could confuse people, but I don't know if there's precedent.

Repgnar

Achtius said:
They need more unique champion like Orianna.

Went up against her today for the first time. Had been playing with Shen and couldn't really do much against her. She was able to control the lane with the ball effectively and my lane partner wasn't willing to punish her. Ended up having to switch the Vayne with me to Nidalee and even then it didn't help much. I think if I was playing Akali I could have hopped in after she moved the ball and punish her before ditching and repeating but with Shen it was lame. Definitely an interesting character though, when we first went into the bushes we didn't know what the ball was and my teammate walked into it thinking it would just explode and disappear.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Blizzard said:
Have they ever significantly changed champion abilities though? I figure if they drastically changed one champion's abilities to do something different that could confuse people, but I don't know if there's precedent.

Yeah anyone who played last august remembers when they nerfed the op aoe metagame. Most champions with aoe had their ranges cut like whoa. Stealth characters have been heavily nerfed. Jax went through a time period of being really broke to really useless.

Achtius

Failtrollteam.png

Tried a full tank team with 3 other gaffers and a random person (he's nunu). Some people were playing WAY too defensively (enemy chasing me when I close to dying, but they didn't come out from the tower to cc them; nor did they leave the tower to kill someone who is nearly dead). There is a line between playing defensively and never leaving your tower. There is no way we could of win if we just stay by the towers, it would give them full dragon and baron control. And if you are not leona, you need to be tanky dps not full tank, or else we would just be taking damage.

On a separate note, after looking at the stats, I am really surprise that Riot didn't include 'damage dealt to champions'. I assume that 'Damage Dealt' includes minion, neutral monsters, champion and turrets, but i don't really find this particularly interesting; it would be much better if it actually state the amount of damage dealt to enemy champions.

Hero

Dmorr07 said:
Went up against her today for the first time. Had been playing with Shen and couldn't really do much against her. She was able to control the lane with the ball effectively and my lane partner wasn't willing to punish her. Ended up having to switch the Vayne with me to Nidalee and even then it didn't help much. I think if I was playing Akali I could have hopped in after she moved the ball and punish her before ditching and repeating but with Shen it was lame. Definitely an interesting character though, when we first went into the bushes we didn't know what the ball was and my teammate walked into it thinking it would just explode and disappear.

As an Orianna player, the thing you have to realize is that it's more important to know where the Ball is than where Orianna is. Every single ability Orianna has stems from where the ball is placed. A lot of people get scared or intimidated because if they don't keep a track of the ball they get punished for it. Since her basic Q where she throws the ball has great range it can be a daunting task and with higher ranks and cooldown reduction she can move it from place to place rather quickly. The best suggestion I can give is to wait until she's around half health or so and have a carry or assassin come in and gank her while you try to bait her with her ball.

Edit:

Why the hell would you try an all-tank team? Your CC's are weak and you have no burst.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
Tried a full tank team with 3 other gaffers and a random person (he's nunu). Some people were playing WAY too defensively (enemy chasing me when I close to dying, but they didn't come out from the tower to cc them; nor did they leave the tower to kill someone who is nearly dead). There is a line between playing defensively and never leaving your tower. There is no way we could of win if we just stay by the towers, it would give them full dragon and baron control. And if you are not leona, you need to be tanky dps not full tank, or else we would just be taking damage.

On a separate note, after looking at the stats, I am really surprise that Riot didn't include 'damage dealt to champions'. I assume that 'Damage Dealt' includes minion, neutral monsters, champion and turrets, but i don't really find this particularly interesting; it would be much better if it actually state the amount of damage dealt to enemy champions.
The funny thing is that we literally only had ONE champion who was the same as the tank team that crushed us -- Cho. Of course I suck at Cho like I do with all champions, but still, totally different team. QQ

Blackface

Banned
MLG has been a huge mess for League of Legends. They only streamed a couple games and the client had big problems.

That said. Apparently the LOL stream already had more viewers/views then COD had for the ENTIRE last event MLG did.

http://twitter.com/#!/MLGSundance/status/107513432156291072

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom