• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
So...this game has become too popular now :/ I can't imagine the queue times when Dominion comes out which is less than a month most likely

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
SteveO409 said:
So...this game has become too popular now :/ I can't imagine the queue times when Dominion comes out which is less than a month most likely
Less than a month? It should be more like a couple of days.

markot

Banned
FutureZombie said:
Do you think the influx of players is from the attention the game has gotten on Penny Arcade? That's pretty much the reason I started playing.
I started playing cause of Dota2 >_<

Blackface

Banned
FutureZombie said:
Do you think the influx of players is from the attention the game has gotten on Penny Arcade? That's pretty much the reason I started playing.

That, and word of mouth. WoW got huge the same way. Good chunk of people at the start, then gaming sites + word of mouth made it fucking skyrocket.

I can't even imagine how much money Riot is making right now. They need to fix their client, get replay in right away, get clan function in right away and finish work on "shiny".

I also would not mind if they stopped releasing heroes for a few months to polish up and re-design some of the current ones.

Your position in queue: over 9000
Approximate wait time: 1hr 03 mins

HOLY @#$ BATMAN

markot said:
I started playing cause of Dota2 >_<

Same here. Dota2 piqued my interest in the MOBA genre, tried Dota, HoN and LoL. Stuck with LoL (but don't want to invest to much time and money cuz I'll switch to Dota2 asap).

Veritas_

FlightOfHeaven said:
Also, JARVAN IV
The sound of his Golden Aegis is an aural indication that a whole bunch of asses are about to get thrashed. Love me some Jarvan IV.

That said, do we have any guess when Season 1 is going to finish? I assume after PAX but I'm hoping to get a few more ranked games in to get a bronze ranking.

Blizzard

Banned
It took weeks, but we finally found a bad team again. One of their players was apparently level 5 or something, and we were all 24-30. We almost had their nexus towers by 35 minutes or so, when they surrendered.

I wouldn't say I'm good, but I feel like I'm at least okay/average with Caitlyn now, where I can semi-help my team and occasionally avoid ganks. I should practice malphite again so I can also be decent with a tank character, and then find some AP person to work on.

Achtius

This is my favorite Jarvan built atm (not that it is good or anything, I just use it for fun when I am incredibly fed)

Merc's thread, Warmog, Atma, wit's end, blood thirstier and randiun. So fun XD

I should try to fit a Triforce or Frozen Mallet somewhere tho.

Blizzard said:
It took weeks, but we finally found a bad team again. One of their players was apparently level 5 or something, and we were all 24-30. We almost had their nexus towers by 35 minutes or so, when they surrendered.

I wouldn't say I'm good, but I feel like I'm at least okay/average with Caitlyn now, where I can semi-help my team and occasionally avoid ganks. I should practice malphite again so I can also be decent with a tank character, and then find some AP person to work on.

Our zilean was level 8, their Ryze was level 7.

edit: The reason we were dominating is cuz we got Orianna and Morde es #1

Also their ryze got a manamune, whereas our zilean got a AA.

broz0rs

markot said:
Are any of those champion packs worth it >.<?

The bundle thingys.

it's definitely worth it if you don't have the time to grind IP. You should look at it as a time saver since Runes can only be purchased with IP.

best way to own up over half the champs in this game is to get the Digital Collector's Pack and then buy the Champions Bundle.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Achtius said:
I had a Kayle on my team today get Manamune and an Archangel's Staff.

It was pretty retarded.

markot

Banned
There has been a bot in every game I have played >_>

And then the dcs that never come back and arent replaced by ai at least >.<; Last match we have 1 dc early on, and 1 bot, and then of the 3 of us, 1 dc'd for 5-10 mins and we nearly got wiped out. But the 3 of us managed to pull through.

IsayFever

Achtius said:
This is my favorite Jarvan built atm (not that it is good or anything, I just use it for fun when I am incredibly fed)

Merc's thread, Warmog, Atma, wit's end, blood thirstier and randiun. So fun XD

I should try to fit a Triforce or Frozen Mallet somewhere tho.

Our zilean was level 8, their Ryze was level 7.

edit: The reason we were dominating is cuz we got Orianna and Morde es #1

Carried by Orianna, both of ya!

Ferga

Veritas_ said:
The sound of his Golden Aegis is an aural indication that a whole bunch of asses are about to get thrashed. Love me some Jarvan IV.

That said, do we have any guess when Season 1 is going to finish? I assume after PAX but I'm hoping to get a few more ranked games in to get a bronze ranking.

it says season 2 starts when the next patch comes. soo i'm guessing next week tuesday or wednesday

My desktop died so no more LoL for me. If I can fix it in time for Dominion, that would be great. But it's not looking good.

Considering Dota 2 (beta at least) is around the corner, I probably won't be playing LoL again once I get a gaming ready computer as I've kind of grown disinterested in it.

Regardless, it was fun playing with fellow GAFfers in normals. There were good times and bad, but ultimately a great experience.

I almost forgot to mention that I hope you guys have fun with Dominion. It looks like a pretty cool game mode, 20 minute point capture matches should provide a lot of replay value.

JWong

Banned
PoorFate said:
My desktop died so no more LoL for me. If I can fix it in time for Dominion, that would be great. But it's not looking good.

Considering Dota 2 (beta at least) is around the corner, I probably won't be playing LoL again once I get a gaming ready computer as I've kind of grown disinterested in it.

Regardless, it was fun playing with fellow GAFfers in normals. There were good times and bad, but ultimately a great experience.

I almost forgot to mention that I hope you guys have fun with Dominion. It looks like a pretty cool game mode, 20 minute point capture matches should provide a lot of replay value.
You're most likely already disinterested in DotA 2.

Kozak

Banned
Play rank game for 50+ minutes! Do well as Tank, have server issues unrelated to my internet at 55 minutes, DC. Trying to reconnect, server unavailable, team wins without me I get leave!

3/3/18.

Of course I would leave a game after playing a solid 55 minutes of it Riot.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Everyone got booted out of my game it seems and now people are starting new games but it fails to connect lol

edit: Wow at the LoL forums...I didn't realize this many people play at 2 am CST!!! so much rage

Neki

mFl6N.jpg

orianna gonna orianna

Blackface

Banned
perryfarrell said:
Your position in queue: over 9000
Approximate wait time: 1hr 03 mins

HOLY @#$ BATMAN

Same here. Dota2 piqued my interest in the MOBA genre, tried Dota, HoN and LoL. Stuck with LoL (but don't want to invest to much time and money cuz I'll switch to Dota2 asap).

I will be playing DOTA2 and LOL. That said, if you didn't like DOTA and HON, then I don't know why you will be switching to DOTA2 asap. DOTA2 is a pretty version of DOTA.

Neki

Blackface said:
pre-nerf Orianna :(

Was going to pick her up, but decided to grab Brand for now. A bit nervous she may get hit with the nerf bat for a second time.

she's still stronger than brand, even after the nerfs.

Kyaw

Gegz said:
I still don't know all the heroes, so i can't really adapt for my team / against the other team

Pick a hero that suits your style, melee, range, tank etc?

Start looking at champion spotlight videos, builds on www.mobafire.com and start practising in 5 v AI beginner matches.

SamVimes

I actually like the masteries because the build is more personalized, the problem lies in the runes because you have to buy them. D:

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Usually. There are some rare occurrences where you will get paired up with people at a much higher level. It is most annoying in the low levels when you don't have access to flash yet.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, it usually does, but when you play with a premade team, you get paired with more difficult enemies.

gegz if you feel like playing try to catch me @ 22+ gmt+1...
i play at least 2-3 match per night....
tonight i won't be playing since i'm gonna try my new madcatz TE stick :p
summoner name: WitchedSoul

I feel pretty confident with my Kayle. Where do I find GAFfers to play with? I'd like to try a real game once. I hope you don't all get mad at me too much.

Wasn't there a chat room or something in-game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom