• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

IsayFever said:
I had an RoA earlier in the game, but after their team failed to kill me / didn't focus me ever I decided to sell it and go all out ap

They like me better so they rather click on me instead!

FOR DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FutureZombie said:
I have trouble targeting champions in large group fights. Is there a way to target besides clicking on who you want to attack?

I want to know this too!

Greg

les papillons sexuels said:
Love talon but I hate his ult. It's so tricky to get right and even harder to get full dmg. Not to mention 2.5 seconds of stealth is useless.
It's really easy to get full damage considering you can only hit each target 2 times with it regardless of how many blades connect - once in and once out.

His ult is the most unique thing about him because he can use it for both offense and defense, and if you stack CDR (how he should be played) it's almost always up.

Rokal

The aoe bug must have been live since the Talon patch or longer? I felt like I was getting much better hitting with resolute smite on Galio, but it was much harder tonight.

Edit: Played another game as Galio and the change isn't as dramatic as I thought. Still, I'd gotten used to the expanded range :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Had a great game yesterday:
QdvwV.jpg

For the last 10 minutes it was pretty much a tie, if we didn't have Fortify, we would have lost. I'm starting to get the hang of Tristana.

Blackface

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
I really love Renekton. What does Gaf think of Renekton?

Read and watch anything from Voyboy. He is the best Renekton in the world. He is also really the only guy in the top 20, maybe 30, who plays him all the time. He even played him during CLG's first game against curse at MLG.

He is a good champion if you play him properly. Very under-used tho.

Blizzard

Banned
SamVimes said:
Everything is stackable except the stats marked as unique, right?
Does magic/armor penetration percentage stuff stack? If you get two black hats, does the % boost to AP repeat?

I like Miss Fortune after trying her this week. I conclude that Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Vayne, and Ashe are all the same though, even though I was terrible when I tried Ashe and I'm not sure I ever tried Vayne.

Are all AD carries mostly the same? Same item builds, one minion-farming move, some method of crowd control, some way of chasing/hitting fleeing people, and you start building attack speed and crits? =P

Blackface said:
Read and watch anything from Voyboy. He is the best Renekton in the world. He is also really the only guy in the top 20, maybe 30, who plays him all the time. He even played him during CLG's first game against curse at MLG.

He is a good champion if you play him properly. Very under-used tho.

His E is buggy as fuck though, sometimes you can spin through jungle sometimes you don't. Hell one time I got stuck INBETWEEN the jungle. It's most certainly one of the more buggy jungle cutter skills.

So after coming back from PAX, I decided to try this game out. Any tips? I got both the Nasus and Sivir skin that they gave out during the show. How are they as champions?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
Does magic/armor penetration percentage stuff stack?

With itself no(they are unique passives)

with other armor pen yes. They will ignore a percentage of the armor you aren't already penetrating I believe(so the items themselves technically do less, but in actuality you're doing more damage still)

Someone who knows specifics correct me if I'm wrong

If you get two black hats, does the % boost to AP repeat?

No. It's a unique passive.

but the 155 AP from the 2nd hat will stack with the initial one.

Still not gold efficient to buy 2 hats

I like Miss Fortune after trying her this week. I conclude that Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Vayne, and Ashe are all the same though, even though I was terrible when I tried Ashe and I'm not sure I ever tried Vayne.

Kind of. They all fill the same role and more or less build the same items but there is a little variance between them.

Caitlyn is best for her range and early game. She's probably the strongest along with kogmaw atm since on the right team the enemy will never be able to get to them. and they're still putting out tons of damage from this safe distance.

Vayne is for raw damage. She snowballs harder than any other AD carry.

Ashe trades damage for utility. I don't think she's a good character at low levels/disorganized play simply because she doesn't shine until mid/late game where shes just kiting everyone for tons of damage. One thing about her is that her ult is the single most random game changing skill in the game. I mean yeah it requires skill to use to a degree, but I mean when you can only predict your target will do so much in the time it takes an arrow to go across the map. So there's also alot of luck involved and when it pays off it fucking pays off

I don't know alot about current MF and Trist so I'm not sure if they're relevant or not.

and like I said above Kog is really good now. I just don't know anything about him other than he has insane dps from an insane range

Are all AD carries mostly the same? Same item builds, one minion-farming move, some method of crowd control, some way of chasing/hitting fleeing people, and you start building attack speed and crits? =P

Start Dorans

build Infinity Edge

build Phantom Dancer

There is no better alternative

Everyone seems to like to start Bloodthirster instead of IE but the damage output is incomparable. It's worth it just to hold onto your BF for another 1000 gold

Blizzard

Banned
Retro_ said:
Start Dorans

build Infinity Edge

build Phantom Dancer

Everyone seems to like to start Bloodthirster instead of IE but the damage output is incomparable. It's worth it just to hold onto your BF for another 1000 gold
Guides for Caitlyn, Miss Fortune etc. seem to suggest building berserker's greaves before IE. I think a miss fortune guide even had phantom dancer after greaves and before IE -- you're positive getting IE before either is worth it?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
Guides for Caitlyn, Miss Fortune etc. seem to suggest building berserker's greaves before IE. I think a miss fortune guide even had phantom dancer first -- you're positive getting IE before either is worth it?

Well yeah get your boots when you can.

Don't build PD first though. Crit is useless with no damage behind it.

You can probably get zeal after bf though before finishing IE but I usually just farm up the IE

LCGeek

formerly sane
Gegz said:
Hey GAF, is Vayne good ?

Look at some of my scores.

She is squishy as hell like most other ad ranged carries but is built to be the only character that can melt anyone with little effort. You need to be in to positioning because if you can't use her condemn or tumble you will be focused quick and die.

mid game if you have last whisper or black cleaver with IE basically expect everyone to die within 3-7 shots. You're ultimate and w basically are high damage steroids with the w adding true damage every 3 shots.

Retro_ said:
Start Dorans

build Infinity Edge

build Phantom Dancer

That doesn't always work the same with everyone in the ad range carry class. I love IE but if you get no farm opportunities it's a pain. IE is always needed if you're games are going long. Yet when I'm fed I finish off people by getting LW, cleaver, or bloodthirster. Their price makes them complete much faster and usually I can just kill get to start my ie in the next 8 minutes. Also bloodthirster and ie are not optimum without some form heavy armor penetration if any team gets a decent amount of armor they aren't as effective.

Bloodthirsters are also meant for teams that decide to counter you heavy. There's a difference between walking around with IE not lifesteal vs lifestealing. You can survive sometimes because of bloodthirster especially when it's maxed out that plus doran can make people think twice about starting fights with you. Starks and bloodthirsters are a favorite combo when people go for burst strats or heavy cc strats. IE maybe big but you get no lifesteal all it takes it frozen heart and thornmails to shut that strat down.

My best advice for any ad carry is tally up the enemies ability to deal with mr or armor. Penalize the side they don't favor you can wreck them much easier than generic builds. I've won games simply by having wits end and malady over any form of damage besides a brutalize, starks, or cleaver. Not only do you have better clue what to build it becomes far easier to gauge what you should have and when.

Wow, the LoL client is a pretty crappy piece of software.

Can't alt-tab while starting, often times get warnings about 2 versions running, patching takes forever, and now I can't even start the client anymore...

Don't feel like spending another 90 minutes downloading and patching this thing.

Blizzard

Banned
perryfarrell said:

Can't alt-tab while starting, often times get warnings about 2 versions running, patching takes forever, and now I can't even start the client anymore...

Don't feel like spending another 90 minutes downloading and patching this thing.
Sometimes it gets stuck after freezing and has to kill the earlier version, but normally it works fine for me and I can almost always alt-tab with no problem even while starting.

LCGeek said:
Look at some of my scores.

She is squishy as hell like most other ad ranged carries but is built to be the only character that can melt anyone with little effort. You need to be in to positioning because if you can't use her condemn or tumble you will be focused quick and die.

mid game if you have last whisper or black cleaver with IE basically expect everyone to die within 3-7 shots. You're ultimate and w basically are high damage steroids with the w adding true damage every 3 shots.
I don't know who you are (Mudkira?), but Vayne is one of the only characters I've seen go 30-50 kills when stomping bots. Most people just seem to get in the 15-30 range.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Blizzard said:
Sometimes it gets stuck after freezing and has to kill the earlier version, but normally it works fine for me and I can almost always alt-tab with no problem even while starting.

I don't know who you are (Mudkira?), but Vayne is one of the only characters I've seen go 30-50 kills when stomping bots. Most people just seem to get in the 15-30 range.

Nutty Hater is my LOL name. Just look at some of my previous posts in this topic. I've maxed out at 62 kills vs bots using a broke setup of armpen combined basically with the best damage items for Ad carry in my view.

Vs people my max kills with vayne is 26. Ashe is the only Ad carry in a human game I've done 27 or more kills. To be fair most people have surrendered in my vayne games where people let my ashe get away with more bs.

Rayven

aka surume
perryfarrell said:
Can't alt-tab while starting
Switch to borderless windowed mode when in game under the video tab in options. Affects the loading screen as well.

perryfarrell said:
often times get warnings about 2 versions running
Terminate one version before opening another.

perryfarrell said:
patching takes forever
The last patch was unusually large as it contained a huge amount of content changes to d/l and install.

perryfarrell said:
and now I can't even start the client anymore...
What's the issue? Error message?

Kozak

Banned
perryfarrell said:

Sounds like theres something wrong with your client...

I can alt-tab at any time and patching time really depends on what time you do it. Remember LoL has a shitload of players.

broz0rs

for all ranged pure ADs, the common build is 2-3 Dorans, Boots2, IE or BT

BT if need sustain, IE if you want higher damage.

PD's are highly popular now in the current meta. It synergizes very well with IE.

Also, the pros have stated that you need to aim getting IE by the 20th minute. If you are late in getting it, it's almost guaranteed your damage output in team fights will be lacking.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
FutureZombie said:
Isn't it best to have AP with Miss Fortune since that affects her E, which is her best skill?
AP MF is a troll build. She's designed as an AD champion and AP MF, while not completely shit, is still sacrificing her much of her potential strength.

As you play more you'll learn to recognize when a champion is supposed to be played AD vs AP, or vice versa or as a hybrid. Even though some champions' skills scale with AP over AD doesn't necessarily make him/her an AP champ.

Blizzard

Banned
FutureZombie said:
Isn't it best to have AP with Miss Fortune since that affects her E, which is her best skill?
Since I've played like...4-5 games with Miss Fortune ever, all yesterday, since she was free, I'm now a Miss Fortune expert.

As a Miss Fortune expert, my expert Miss Fortune opinion is that E is a good ability, and really useful to farm, but even if you stack nothing but attack damage and speed, E will still farm like crazy by the time it reaches level 5. If you had a bunch of AP your E -might- do damage to champions, but I feel like most champions don't hang out in the E circle, so it could be tricky to get it to actually do the full duration's damage, during which time you could have been hitting them with high attack speed 400+ damage crit shots or someting.

Neki

if you're soloing, I recommend you get boots + pots over a doran blade. getting no boots against a brand or orianna will get you raped in lane. (orianna will still rape you though)

Orgun

Just played my very first game of LoL and of this genre, this is suprisingly addictive and i'm only on Co-Op vs AI at the moment! :)

52club

The Int3rsect said:
So after coming back from PAX, I decided to try this game out. Any tips? I got both the Nasus and Sivir skin that they gave out during the show. How are they as champions?

I'm not sure about Sivir (never played her), but Nasus is pretty good after some recent buffs. He has a nice slow spell, a life steal/damage spell, aoe spell, and his ULT is great in a team fight or 1v1.

My advice is research several builds by Googling "Nasus build" to have some idea of which items you want to go with (since Nasus' viability is largely based on a logical item build). Also Nasus is capable and needs to farm lots of minions to buy items, which having superior items will result in late game kills. So play conservative until about level 12, and just farm minions. Then late game pop that slow, AOE, Ult, and life steal and watch the assist/kills add up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ultimoo said:
if you're soloing, I recommend you get boots + pots over a doran blade. getting no boots against a brand or orianna will get you raped in lane. (orianna will still rape you though)
I'm not sure MF needs to start with boots if you take her passive into account.

Fjord

Dance In My Blood said:
I'm not sure MF needs to start with boots if you take her passive into account.

The passive deactivates on taking any damage so it doesn't really fulfill the same role. The big part of starting boots is +600 health from the pots.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
QisTopTier said:
Orianna sure is getting popular more than normal. Guess it's back to urgot I go to counter carry again -.-

That just means Riot will nerf her sooner rather than later. :)

Blizzard

Banned
Man, I just started playing Miss Fortune and this thread already makes me want to unlock Bayonetta. :( She's prolly 6300 IP, too.

I dunno though. I'm getting to where I own maybe 8-10 champions, and looking through the list I already feel like I own nearly everyone! I mean there are like 10-20 6300 IP champions but I figure they're all boring or bad or like ones I already own or something. >_>

dimb

Fjord said:
The passive deactivates on taking any damage so it doesn't really fulfill the same role. The big part of starting boots is +600 health from the pots.
So don't get hit! Dagger has some lifesteal too.
Blizzard said:
I dunno though. I'm getting to where I own maybe 8-10 champions, and looking through the list I already feel like I own nearly everyone! I mean there are like 10-20 6300 IP champions but I figure they're all boring or bad or like ones I already own or something. >_>
How is this even possible?

I have like 300+ games, am level 30, and still feel like I'm ages away from owning even half of the champions I would like to. The IP gain to champion cost is really out of whack.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
It's not really the IP gain, but rather the IP cost. The last hero to come out at 3150 was Karma...7 months ago (and right before Riot was bought by Tencent).

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
So don't get hit! Dagger has some lifesteal too.

How is this even possible?

I have like 300+ games, am level 30, and still feel like I'm ages away from owning even half of the champions I would like to. The IP gain to champion cost is really out of whack.
Well, I'm being half joking half cynical and suggesting that expensive champions are boring and similar to other champions (thus the discussion about similarities between AD carries, like Caitlyn and Miss Fortune and Vayne).

In reality I probably only own 8-10 champions, but that doesn't mean I really WANT to buy a lot of the other ones, except to fill up my pokedex.

dimb

Vayne is completely different than MF and Caitlyn. She is a medium range aggressive champ who pursues damaged targets.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
QisTopTier said:
Orianna sure is getting popular more than normal. Guess it's back to urgot I go to counter carry again -.-
She is definitely easy mode right now. Oddly enough, Soraka is still kind of brutal. They nerfed the heal, but the same problem still exists. She can sit in a lane all day with her partner.

I'm warming up to LoL again, but... man, my adventures with Irelia went poorly. :(

I really wish Riot would implement a solo training mode where you could access all the champions. The map would be small, single lane, with highly customizable options. Ideally you could, while in training, adjust the level and gold you possess, and toggle minion waves on and off.

This would encourage me to purchase more champions, instead of being afraid of being burned. :(

Blackface

Banned
SydTKO and Doubelift were talking last night on Dyrus stream. They were doing that videocast thing for league of Legends.

Anyway. SydTKO said, without question, IE into phantom dancer is the best on 99 percent of AD carries (also according to the math he has done). Nothing comes close to comparing regardless of team comp. Doubelift agree'd. They basically said if you can't sustain yourself in lane, then get better, don't compensate with items. They also said if you get caught as the AD champion, you are out of position and not playing correctly. So building other AS items/boots with resists etc.. is pointless a huge majority of the time. However, Doubelift argued that building Wriggles first, is better for sustain cost/efficiency wise then any other item in the game. It also allows you to counter the other AD you will be facing. SydTKO disagreed, but it was consensus IE/PD is the best route to go period. Syd said if you want a bit of sustain get double dorans blades, since it's significantly cheaper and can get the job done over wriggles if you are good enough. He also said Wriggles is getting nerfed (some teams in IEM went FULL wriggles on all champions but support for farm), which means a possible cost increase, making it not as good early anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom