• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Ah well that sucks :p

What build did you use btw? I usually end up going with a far more tanky-health orientated build.

Today has been Garen day.

It has been good.

Seriously, this guy is so easy. No mana to manage, auto-regen...wow. Not the best hero, but the best one to play when you don't want to micro your balls off with a guy like Urgot or Karthas.

Achtius

Ark said:
Ah well that sucks :p

What build did you use btw? I usually end up going with a far more tanky-health orientated build.

I just got lucky, that's all really. I just started using Irelia this week, so I am probably not the best person to ask. XD In the previous games, I couldn't even maintain a k/d higher than 1.

But I always goes triforce, merc tread, warmog, atmas or wit's end (depending if i need armor or mr)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Mister Wilhelm said:
Today has been Garen day.

It has been good.

Seriously, this guy is so easy. No mana to manage, auto-regen...wow. Not the best hero, but the best one to play when you don't want to micro your balls off with a guy like Urgot or Karthas.
Spin to win.

Dance In My Blood said:
Spin to win.

Heh.

I just got back from a 5v5 where a guy who picked Kassadin wanted mid then D/C'd for the first ten minutes. After that, our Warwick died jungling TWICE to minions.

We were 2-10 early and came back to win...how, I do not know.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Vayne so squish. Needs 20 minutes of farm!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Halycon said:
Vayne so squish. Needs 20 minutes of farm!

Haha not for normals. 20 minutes of farming on people. Learn your hard counters kill anyone who lets you. Most of the time they are just as surprised as you are.

ssown0030.jpg

MultiCore

So I'm stuck at work and thought I give LoL a try on my terrible company computer while tethered to my cell phone....

Results: 30fps and 90ms ping!

I've played plenty of games with people that have ping times in excess of 300ms before.
I'm shocked to say that I used less than 15mb of traffic in 2 games.

This is going to be a better day/week/month at work that I could have possibly imagined!

Morn

Banned
Since I just started playing, what's the difference between this and that Heroes game? I'm really impressed with the interface and speed of this game, and that Heroes game has one of those slow websites that looks like a shady Chinese F2P game.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Morn said:
Since I just started playing, what's the difference between this and that Heroes game? I'm really impressed with the interface and speed of this game, and that Heroes game has one of those slow websites that looks like a shady Chinese F2P game.

Complexity and Depth

Also the games result in much different strategies and tactics due to the stats, items, and character types. LOL also becomes much different from hon due to masteries and runes which can make huge impact on a player base stats.

The main site for HON loads up just fine for em must be you ISP. BTW lol has more server problems than HON especially if you aren't in the US or playing on the US server.

Anybody got any good builds for Singed.

Nome

Morn said:
Play whichever one suits your fancy. They're very different games and both have their highs and lows. HoN is much more difficult to get into though... much more stuff to learn.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
LCGeek said:
Anybody got any good builds for Singed.

This is how I run him:

Runes: Mpen red, MR blue, Armor yellow, HP quints (my standard tank build because I generally don't have enough IP to buy more runes)

Masteries: 0/21/9

Spells: Ghost/TP

Items: Mana Crystal/2pot -> Boots -> Catalyst -> Merc Treads -> Rod/Veil (depends if there is another tank on the team) -> defensive items based on team makeup. I like Abyssal Scepter alot.

Skill order: 1. fling, 2. goo, 3-5. poison, 6. ulti, then I max out poison > fling > goo and get the ulti when it shows up

Ferrio

Banned
So thinking of saving up IP to get Twitch. I don't know if he's a good hero or not.. I do know the games I've played against him.. it causes our team to panic not knowing where the hell he is.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ferrio said:
So thinking of saving up IP to get Twitch. I don't know if he's a good hero or not.. I do know the games I've played against him.. it causes our team to panic not knowing where the hell he is.

Don't get twitch like shaco he just ain't got the goods for viability above pub stomping.

Thanks for the tip archie.

Ferrio

Banned
LCGeek said:
Don't get twitch like shaco he just ain't got the goods for viability above pub stomping.

Thanks for the tip archie.

Okay, so guess I'll be getting him since I don't give a damn about ranked.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
This is the difference between Eve and Twitch.

Twitch: "Auuugh I just wasted 400 gold since I bought an oracles and then died, where's the rat, nobody leave the towers"

Eve: *Nobody knows where she is, but nobody cares* =P

On another note, I tried free Kennen before he expired yesterday (didn't realize it was a male actually), and he seems fun...but it will take me another 6 months to earn another 6300 IP champion, so I guess I'll pass. :p

52club

The only thing worse than a 4 vs 5 is a 4 vs 6. The difference being instead of someone just leaving they do more for the other team (either intentionally or unitentiionally) than if they had just left.

I had 4 vs 6 last night where someone playing Eve insisted on initiating fights with 2 or more champions. So by the time we got there she was dead. So they were getting fed and we were shorthanded (already down one champ). The match lasted an hour because we were a better team, but in the end her feeding added up and we lost

I'm not sure how you fix 4 vs 5 or 4 vs 6, but I would love for LOL to at least experiment a little.

Haly

Isn't twitch still 6300? Or did they drop his price?

For 6300 I don't think twitch is a very good deal.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ferrio said:
Okay, so guess I'll be getting him since I don't give a damn about ranked.

Pub stomping has nothing to do with ranked it's about the quality of your character in a normal. Twitch is insanely squishy and once a team starts going oracles or invisible wards you will wish you had traded a more damging ad for him instead of his stealth. That andtwo thornmails on tanks or anyone will make you not wanna use that ult.

Razgreez

52club said:
The only thing worse than a 4 vs 5 is a 4 vs 6. The difference being instead of someone just leaving they do more for the other team (either intentionally or unitentiionally) than if they had just left.

I had 4 vs 6 last night where someone playing Eve insisted on initiating fights with 2 or more champions. So by the time we got there she was dead. So they were getting fed and we were shorthanded (already down one champ). The match lasted an hour because we were a better team, but in the end her feeding added up and we lost

I'm not sure how you fix 4 vs 5 or 4 vs 6, but I would love for LOL to at least experiment a little.

That's the griefing i was refering to. I had a veigar laning with me last night who decided to build his champ as an anti-ad tank when all our enemies were ap heroes. By the time i noticed his actual intentions i was already 0-2. He wasn't intentionally trying to die but rather trying to do as little damage to the opposition as possible and frustrate the hell out of our team. Thankfully we all just laughed it off. Looked at his profile after the game and he had over 500 wins so definitely a grief.

On the weekend i had 4 leaver games in a row. Won the one in which a player left right at the beginning of the game because another would not respond to his messages.

The only thing you can do is report.

"Some people just want to see the world burn" :D

Ferrio

Banned
LCGeek said:
Pub stomping has nothing to do with ranked it's about the quality of your character in a normal. Twitch is insanely squishy and once a team starts going oracles or invisible wards you will wish you had traded a more damging ad for him instead of his stealth. That andtwo thornmails on tanks or anyone will make you not wanna use that ult.

Meh. Okay Eve then.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Meh. Okay Eve then.
Are you serious? Unless Eve is super cheap to buy with IP, I would definitely say Twitch. Eve has the same problems as Twitch but is even worse overall, someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I guess we're trying to convince you to save IP until one of them is free so you can try them out. :p

Haly

Eve is like, 1350. You can buy 5 eves for one twitch.

And they're all equally bad!

broz0rs

Archie said:
This is how I run him:

Runes: Mpen red, MR blue, Armor yellow, HP quints (my standard tank build because I generally don't have enough IP to buy more runes)

Masteries: 0/21/9

Spells: Ghost/TP

Items: Mana Crystal/2pot -> Boots -> Catalyst -> Merc Treads -> Rod/Veil (depends if there is another tank on the team) -> defensive items based on team makeup. I like Abyssal Scepter alot.

Skill order: 1. fling, 2. goo, 3-5. poison, 6. ulti, then I max out poison > fling > goo and get the ulti when it shows up

This is very good Singed advice :)

I think the only part where I differ is poison > goo > fling. Goo can wreck in team fights since at max level it is a 90% slow. Much more useful than a single target ability that has the same purpose at lv. 1.

My favorite defensive items to get on Singed is Sunfire Cape and Force of Nature. Both works wonders on his kit.

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:
Are you serious? Unless Eve is super cheap to buy with IP, I would definitely say Twitch. Eve has the same problems as Twitch but is even worse overall, someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I guess we're trying to convince you to save IP until one of them is free so you can try them out. :p

I'm being serious as much as I don't care if people think the character is underpowered. Don't care if I lose, long as I have fun. Even if twitch sucks, the fact he can cause teams to change how they lane is well worth it.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
I'm being serious as much as I don't care if people think the character is underpowered. Don't care if I lose, long as I have fun. Even if twitch sucks, the fact he can cause teams to change how they lane is well worth it.
I agree, I just felt like Eve is much less effective than Twitch. I have since been educated in the fact that Eve is like five times cheaper than Twitch, though, so by all means try her out if you want to play with stealth. :)

Have they given any hints as to when stealth will actually be reworked? Some time after dominion?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ferrio said:

You have fun is determined by how well you play. Believe me and the video hinted at you will have the rage of most on or not on your team when you take heavy stealth characters. Not only that you won't think it's fun when 25 minutes in to a game you've been shutdown and are 5 levels behind others. we all get our enjoyment but if fun is your desire it comes hard to the stealth group currently.

A year ago when they were broke I doubt you get an argument, after heavy nerfing we are just trying to save you IP or grief.

Blizzard

Banned
Vayne has very brief stealth with her ult+roll, not sure about anyone else.

Ark said:
Which champions make the best tanks?

Blitzcrank and the mega-grab looks good atm.
Blitzcrank is decent, Garen can be really hard to take down, Malphite does well (and his damage output scales with armor), Rammus (free this week) seems like a classic effective tank, Singed is an effective tank.

I probably missed several. Of course per the earlier discussion these may not be "true" tanks, but they can fulfill roles of taking lots of damage and/or annoying the enemy team.

Cho, Amumu, Shen, Dr. Mundo, Leona, and maybe Taric can also do it too I guess! There are bunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom