• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Neutrality said:
If you are ever having a hard time, just play Eve for like three games.
Then you will realize you were never having a hard time.

Hey! Eve is good!

She solo baron ~_~

Ark said:
You surrendered or they surrendered?

I'm having such bad luck with team mates/matchups at the moment...I need a new champion.

They surrendered. Who are you maining?

I just use whoever is on rotation that week and buy the champ I liked the most. I don't think I'm getting any from this week, but I'll probably buy Brand and Blitzcrank since I like them both and they're on sale.

Ark

Mister Wilhelm said:
They surrendered. Who are you maining?

Maining Irelia atm.

Boken said:
Complains he has bad luck with a decent champion...
Assumes he'd dominate with Eve for 3 games.

I'm fine with Irelia, I just like to shake things up a bit every so often. There are like 30 something champions :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
w3oLi.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Played a few games with Caitlyn. She is shockingly boring to play. Auto-attack all day for the passive, control the space you're in with traps, harass with her boring Q. That's pretty much it. Doesn't have the crazy burst of a carry like Miss Fortune, the crowd control of Ashe, or the massive AOE damage of Trist. Cait just has her range and zone control, which both feel very passive.

There aren't really even multiple ways you would want to build her.

Ferrio

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Played a few games with Caitlyn. She is shockingly boring to play. Auto-attack all day for the passive, control the space you're in with traps, harass with her boring Q. That's pretty much it. Doesn't have the crazy burst of a carry like Miss Fortune, the crowd control of Ashe, or the massive AOE damage of Trist. Cait just has her range and zone control, which both feel very passive.

Uh her ult is massive aoe damage.

Blizzard

Banned
Ferrio said:
Caitlyn's ult isn't AOE is it? It's single-person damage.

I certainly feel like she's not boring though. You move around a lot and have to do skillshots and control range, and the ult is awesome to snipe people with if their teammates don't save them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ferrio said:
Who are you talking about? Caitlyn's ultimate is single target, which is where the mechanic of blocking bullets comes in to play.
Blizzard said:

I certainly feel like she's not boring though. You move around a lot and have to do skillshots and control range, and the ult is awesome to snipe people with if their teammates don't save them.
Her Q is her only real "skill"shot, and it is incredibly wide.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Who are you talking about? Caitlyn's ultimate is single target, which is where the mechanic of blocking bullets comes in to play.

That doesn't stop me from constantly missing her Q. Perhaps I am terrible. :p

Anyway, I find her not boring to play so you can play others!

Ferrio

Banned
Blizzard said:

Oh I'm thinking Katarina.

broz0rs

Dance In My Blood said:

haha yeah that's good ol' Cait alright. Honestly, she is the ultimate lane stomper and can beat any ranged AD 1v1 in lane. I think she is cheap, and I have the opinion that players pick her to win their lane instead of the overall game. Thank God her role tapers off by late game, unless she's fed of course.

Blizzard

Banned
After getting crushed several games (including one where Kiunch's internet died for like 15 minutes, to tragic consequences), we finally won a game.

team1hux8.png

Their team was not so good. Nasus was irritating though. I think it took 15-25 minutes to even kill him for the first time.

Speaking of crits, Caitlyn's max crit was 2005, and mine was 1100-ish.

Malphite is pretty fun.

And, damn, Singed is on sale for 487 RP. I have 392. Goddammit. I really want him, too.

EDIT: Derp. I meant Brand, not Singed. Anyway, bought him :D

Ferrio

Banned
Bah, had a game where it was in the bag. Then the team thought they'd start pushing into their base via the middle lane when the inhibitor was already down. They did this several times... and just got eaten alive. It turned quickly after that.

americagaf that have already used the skin code, mind pming me the used code? i'll try if it can be activated AS WELL on europe so worst case scenario you won't lose anything (for you got the skin already), best case, you make me an happy eugaffer! :p
deal? :L

broz0rs said:
haha yeah that's good ol' Cait alright. Honestly, she is the ultimate lane stomper and can beat any ranged AD 1v1 in lane. I think she is cheap, and I have the opinion that players pick her to win their lane instead of the overall game. Thank God her role tapers off by late game, unless she's fed of course.
sure her role tapers off, but even if not overly fed, if she dominated her lane farm-wise, you'll end up with a STRONG ad carry late-game.. and i mean REALLY strong :X

Card Boy

Banned
witchedwiz said:
americagaf that have already used the skin code, mind pming me the used code? i'll try if it can be activated AS WELL on europe so worst case scenario you won't lose anything (for you got the skin already), best case, you make me an happy eugaffer! :p
deal? :L

check your PM, i don't have a caitlyn skin, but i will send you 7 used NA Razor runes that you can use on your Euro account. You can random the runes for other tier 3 runes if you dont want them.

I have 7 more for someone for Eurogaf, PM me. I will check my PM's again in 15 to 24 hours. Post if you PM'ed me so i dont get PM's from other people aswell.

EDIT: Second lot gone to Ark, i have no more now.

Dance In My Blood said:

but listento her voice

just listen to it

markot

Banned
I bought a few champs with my saved up ip.

Twisted Fate is cool, my only problem is that the 3 card move goes out of a huge area >.> but the cards are small so they.... hmm. Also, his 3 card trick thingy, it kinda makes it hard cause you have to focus on the colour selection in the heat of the battle >.< but I like him, he is kinda like teemo utility wise with his extra warp but he does more dmg.

Nunu or whatever is awesome as well, but he sucks at early lvls, I tend to really suck and jungling too.... mainly because I hate porting back so much.

I think I found my new favorite Champion...

Nunu. Uses ice, heals, has lots of HP, and has good AP damage.

So much for getting Anivia, haha.

1VFKD.png

markot said:
Nunu or whatever is awesome as well, but he sucks at early lvls
Not for me. I actually feel safe with him. He's good at harassing.

markot

Banned
I only played him once to be honest >.< and the team I was on was kinda bleh at the beginning.

Also I hope his demolisher skin goes on sale soon

830px-Nunu_DemolisherSkin.jpg

Boken

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:

Ahahaha wtf

Ok if you're talking about the laning phase you've got some points right. But you have so many delusions. It's ok if you don't like Cait but I won't let you getting away with sullying her good name.

"control the space you're in with traps"
- yes, but have you ever controlled them in such a way so you can land Q without hitting minions?
"Harass with her boring Q."
- It's a skill shot. I don't know what to say.
Wrong. The animation looks massive, but the actual area of damage is smaller. The damage width is smaller than the target area even still. It takes "skill" to maximise it's damage. If you hit your opponent through a line of minions, 40% is peanuts compared to the whole thing.

"Doesn't have the crazy burst of a carry like Miss Fortune"
- MF has burst now? Try to be lucky and hit them with a double shot bounce? Have you ever hit somebody with a Piltover peacemaker without any minions in front? Now thats burst compared to MF. How about a Piltover with the end frames canceled into a net shot? Thats even more burst!

I'll give you the CC of Ashe. Ashe has CC. Cait's early game CC however is still quite good. A root and a slow? Thats more than most champions can mention.

"or the massive AOE damage of Trist."
- What? lol. You mean the passive that you can't even fucking turn off? Making you push when you dont want to? You mean her rocket jump that she shouldn't be using to farm with unless there is nobody in her lane? Not to mention that in a team fight, Trist has even less AOE than Caitlyn.

"Cait just has her range and zone control, which both feel very passive"
- Tristana just has her pushing ability and steroid, she's very passive. MF just has her mobility and harass, both very passive. I think you're using arbitrary definitions of abilities and what passive.
Yup.

Don't get me wrong, I love all carries equally but I think you're a bit deluded.
"Auto-attack all day for the passive, control the space you're in with traps, harass with her boring Q. That's pretty much it."
All carries play how you mention. Farm, harass/poke if opponent walks into range, use CC if lane partner wants to have a go at them, control space (by zoning them with auto attacks, pokes or hard zone control - traps).

Oh and,
Almost all carries are built the same. And the others, Corki and Kog'maw are as equally effective with that build.

ultron87

Well I seem to be cleaning up rather well in every VS AI game I play. I guess I could try playing against actual people.

I'm just scared is all.

*whimper*

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
perryfarrell said:
That vehicle meshes well with LoL's garish art style. I really enjoy the game, but My Gawd the art direction is hideous. And then to think they even put effort in developing a 'lore' for this disjointed cast of characters...

h4wSI.jpg

Macattk15

Jazzy Network said:
And AD Sona.

Played against some sort of battle-mage Sona yesterday .... she had something like 600ap around the end as she fed off people at the start ....

She was not fun to deal with.

And all this Caitlyn talk ... I just play Nasus and crush her puny head while laughing off her damage. Nasus really does some crazy things if he isnt dealt with while laning / farming his balls off.

Ferrio

Banned
AD sona eh? Think i'll try that today.

Also sitting on 4k IP... tempted to get lux... or a bunch of cheap 1.3k chars...

I *love* skillshots.

Ark

Ferrio said:
I *love* skillshots.

Then you will adore Lux. Still one of my favourite champions even though I haven't played her in some time.

Also, what does GAF think about smartcasting? I'm using it now and imo it's great.

Ferrio

Banned
Ark said:
Then you will adore Lux. Still one of my favourite champions even though I haven't played her in some time.

Also, what does GAF think about smartcasting? I'm using it now and imo it's great.

Ya i've played her, and liked her. But she seems overplayed.

Ark

Ferrio said:
Ya i've played her, and liked her. But she seems overplayed.

That's funny...because in my 2-3 weeks of playing LoL I've only ever seen like 5-6 Lux's on the enemy team. In comparison to the fucking endless amounts of Ashe, Tyrndamere, Gangplank, Fiddle, Katarina, Ezreal...The list goes on.

Ferrio said:
No, that's just smart.

I am still baffled by their insistance on recreating all of the art when they have it done already.

Also, I've loaded LoL on my Mac, on the OSX partition!

JARVAN & CAITLYN ARE BACK IN BUSINESS BABY

perryfarrell said:
That vehicle meshes well with LoL's garish art style. I really enjoy the game, but My Gawd the art direction is hideous. And then to think they even put effort in developing a 'lore' for this disjointed cast of characters...
Aw. I really like the game's art style, both graphics and character art.

Wrekt

Ark said:
I exclusively use smartcasting. I don't see why anybody wouldn't use it, especially with skillshot characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom