• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackface

Banned
Wrekt said:
I exclusively use smartcasting. I don't see why anybody wouldn't use it, especially with skillshot characters.

I dont see why it's not default, and anything else isn't a menu option you must click on.

Ferrio

Banned
Wrekt said:
I exclusively use smartcasting. I don't see why anybody wouldn't use it, especially with skillshot characters.

After playing cass a whole bunch I might just turn it on now since I'm used to it. Still there's some times my cursor is not where i meant it to be, especially in the heat of battle.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ark said:
Then you will adore Lux. Still one of my favourite champions even though I haven't played her in some time.

Also, what does GAF think about smartcasting? I'm using it now and imo it's great.

Smartcast is pretty much a must for me since I started playing Orianna. Found I couldn't do shit with her until I turned it on, then within a week I couldn't play without it (except on Amumu's bandage toss...gotta turn it off for him, which often means I forget and fuck up my first gank once I hit level 4). I don't own Rumble and haven't played him since before I started using it, but I do hear that it completely breaks his ult and doesn't work at all with it. So I'd probably turn it off with him too, at least for R.

broz0rs

By the time I gauge the direction of the skillshot and then pressing left click to confirm, the target probably moved away. With smart casting, I just have to place my mouse cursor to the target or direction and press the action key with shift to confirm. It's one less thought process to think about, which can make all the difference in landing the skill shot.

Ferrio

Banned
Ultimoo said:
How well can you gauge the range of a skill with smartcast though?

Since i've only used it on cass (her Q is auto smartcast) you eventually just get the feel for it. I'd only turn on smartcast once i'd play with a hero enough to realize their range.

By the time I gauge the direction of the skillshot and then pressing left click to confirm, the target probably moved away. With smart casting, I just have to place my mouse cursor to the target or direction and press the action key with shift to confirm.

You have to hold down shift?

Blackface

Banned
Ultimoo said:
How well can you gauge the range of a skill with smartcast though?

Enough practice with the champion. I played my Mage in WoW for years, and I know the exact range of frost nova down to the fucking millimeter and shit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Blizzard said:
Smartcast sounded great until people mentioned shift. That's like, one extra key to give me carpal tunnel. :(

I just changed my keybindings so that smartcast for my skills is QWER, no shift needed.

broz0rs

Blackface said:
Enough practice with the champion. I played my Mage in WoW for years, and I know the exact range of frost nova down to the fucking millimeter and shit.

This

It makes a huge difference while you are on the run. Smart casting has the same mechanic as Flash so it's really not all that difficult.

Just tried smartcasting out

I then confused myself with leveling up a skill through ctrl-QWER by accidentally pressing shift-QWER instead about 10 times

welp

Neki

broz0rs said:
This

It makes a huge difference while you are on the run. Smart casting has the same mechanic as Flash so it's really not all that difficult.

flash is a one time mechanic used every 180 seconds or so, while smartcasting spells is constantly happening. it's the same mechanic, but you're going to be doing it so much more.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Poppy reduced down to 450

But more importantly. DEMACIA reduced down to 1350.

TRIPLE THE DEMACIA FOR THE SAME VALUE NOW!

broz0rs

Ultimoo said:
flash is a one time mechanic used every 180 seconds or so, while smartcasting spells is constantly happening. it's the same mechanic, but you're going to be doing it so much more.

to clarify what i meant. Flash and smart casting shares the same ingame mechanic of pointing the mouse cursor of the direction of where you want the skill to go and press the action button just once.

Brownmonkey

Neo Member
Hey guys, was finally going over my PAX swag and found a league of legends sivir code. I dont play LoL so I want to give it to someone that does.

First person to pm me can have it.

Blizzard

Banned
Is Mudkira a gaffer? They have a good Lux and are fun to play games with. Some poor enemy was running in a jungle and got laser'd. XD

I'm off to hunt a PC Gamer magazine and hope no one picked it up and stole the code. Wish me luck!

Tip: Bring your laptop to B&N and take all the PCGamer magazines and try all the codes.

I took 3 magazines and only 1 worked. Luckily it was the last one that I tried. Success. Buy the mag afterwards and don't be a dick.

Ark

PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Xin is hugely broken/inbalanced?

Even when playing with my usual bunch we have a guy who always go Xin and I still think he's imbalanced. That attack speed and hugeee health just results in constant tower dives.

Are we ever going to get a patch? :l

Ark said:

Even when playing with my usual bunch we have a guy who always go Xin and I still think he's imbalanced. That attack speed and hugeee health just results in constant tower dives.

When I'm up against a Xin, it's either destruction for us or he goes like 1/9/4 or something

a flip of the coin

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
dragonlife said:
Aw. I really like the game's art style, both graphics and character art.

I like the art direction too, there are so many different style, something that fit everyone.

Unlike the Chinese art, anime and boob all around.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Blizzard said:
Is Mudkira a gaffer? They have a good Lux and are fun to play games with. Some poor enemy was running in a jungle and got laser'd. XD
Yes, We are a gaffer <3

Good games tonight, I suppose we were getting matched against the scrub because it rarely goes that well. Guess I should prepare for the upcoming karmic shift into a long streak of defeats.

Ark said:

Isn't he getting hit with the nerf stick next patch?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Xin really doesn't deserve another nerf, he burst well, but he is easily shot down if you put some damage on him.

Another snowball champion, as long as you don't feed him in early game, or let him farm like harvest moon, he get pretty weak in mid game compare to other champion.

Blizzard

Banned
Jazzy Network said:
Tip: Bring your laptop to B&N and take all the PCGamer magazines and try all the codes.

I took 3 magazines and only 1 worked. Luckily it was the last one that I tried. Success. Buy the mag afterwards and don't be a dick.
Failure, Banes & Nobles apparently didn't even have the November issue yet, only October. I could try Wal-mart but now I'm afraid of someone stealing the code, if people went through enough trouble to get all the B&N codes from your store. o_O

I'm definitely buying the magazine. I guess I'll have to try to see if I can install LoL on a laptop. What's the official release date for the November issue, the 13th?

Goon Boon

Banned
Ark said:
I hope so. Wasn't Riot promising a patch for late August with Dominion? It's now the 10th of September.
The words they used were something like "shortly after PAX", so it could mean a few weeks or a few months, considering it's apparently been being made for over a year apparently.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
after the next patch I think I heard it'll be 3 weeks until another one

so I'm assuming that is dominion

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Retro_ said:
after the next patch I think I heard it'll be 3 weeks until another one

so I'm assuming that is dominion
Season Two is supposed to start in the next patch. I would be pretty surprised if Dominion doesn't come with the new season.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Dance In My Blood said:
Season Two is supposed to start in the next patch. I would be pretty surprised if Dominion doesn't come with the new season.

Season one ends next patch. Season two is still TBA.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Archie said:
Season one ends next patch. Season two is still TBA.
How could these two things be separate events? Why would they end the season before they are ready to start the next one? Ranked mode would have to be disabled or something.

Wrekt

Jazzy Network said:

Ouch, sucks for the guys that buy those 2 magazines.

I picked up the front copy in a wal-mart this morning and luckily the code worked.

Too bad I never tried Caitlyn before and I discovered that I don't particularly like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom