• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would like runes more if the runes/rune page system wasn't pretty much a scam to get money from anyone who wants to take the game seriously.

Blizzard

Banned
Well it figures that after doing well for a couple of days (winning maybe 3-4, losing 1 in a day?), I lost like 6-8 games today. :( The last one was a crazy one where Kiunch saved us with Orianna so we actually won in the end. I tried a crazy caitlyn build with two bloodthirsters which did damage, but unfortunately was vulnerable to things like teemo appearing from nowhere and hitting me with a 700 damage blind dart while someone else did 700+ burst damage for an instakill.

We also had a swain on the other team and only one of us had ignite. Was so painful.

Last but not least, out of the last 6-8 games I played, I think at least 6 of them had a Singed on one team or another. I don't know what happened -- someone suggested people had been raging on the forums claiming Singed is OP -- but it seems to have made them come out of the woodwork. RAGE

Achtius

Gotta play him before he get nerf, I wanted to play Irelia today before her nerf, but not much tanks, so I played Jarvan. But just had a game with Irelia, so fun.

inky

Who else loves Lux?

vRAt2.jpg

<3

Blizzard

Banned
I very rarely see a good Olaf. So of course a super late night game featured a brolaf skin. He seemed to have his ult up most of the time, and/or he had so much HP and some armor that he just slaughtered everyone without taking damage. Of course it was my fault for feeding their fiddle about 4 kills early, but still.

Lux's ult might literally take off one of those tiny bars of health for Olaf. It was almost funny.

He also called one of us a homo and said he would 9/11 our nexus, I believe. He was all class.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:
He also called one of us a homo and said he would 9/11 our nexus, I believe. He was all class.
He just wanted you to know he was a true bro.

AcridMeat

Banned
I got addicted to this in the last two weeks. I tried it a long time ago and didn't really get into it, now it's taking all of my time.

I've got a fair amount of heroes now, I'd say my main is Caitlyn still but I haven't been using her much recently. I've been learning Ryze/Nasus/Master Yi and Vladimir. I should try playing Singed again since I'm more comfortable with melee now.

Ferga

AcridMeat said:
I got addicted to this in the last two weeks. I tried it a long time ago and didn't really get into it, now it's taking all of my time.

I've got a fair amount of heroes now, I'd say my main is Caitlyn still but I haven't been using her much recently. I've been learning Ryze/Nasus/Master Yi and Vladimir. I should try playing Singed again since I'm more comfortable with melee now.

singed isn't really melee :|

He just goes for a jog for 40minutes

Blizzard

Banned
I'll have to watch the video later.

I am ashamed to admit I literally had semi-nightmares last night. Like, I would dream I was being tower dived or caught alone by nidalee spears going through walls and doing 700-800 damage. *cries forever* Yesterday was a bad day.

inky said:
Who else loves Lux?

vRAt2.jpg

<3
me!
when you flash almost dead out of a teamfight, and then shoot the ray of victory with 4 ppl @1/4hp for "QQQQQQqq-QUADRAKILL!" you know that you have earned your upkeep for the day!

Macattk15

Nothing is more satisfying than hidin' in a bush with a Tibbers bomb ready and then dropping it on some unexpecting fool wandering around in their jungle.

Achtius

Macattk15 said:
Nothing is more satisfying than hidin' in a bush with a Tibbers bomb ready and then dropping it on some unexpecting fool wandering around in their jungle.

dropping in a warded bush in front of baron and end up getting pentakill?

Boken

Banned
Nope. Nothing is more satisfying than killing multiple people in a row by chain shunpo-ing them with the refreshed CD as Katarina. Pity shes kinda lame now. : (

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wonder when we'll get Riven's video. I still have to save around 3k to buy her, but she might be worth it if the combo system is good.

Pungza

This game has the worst matchmaking. I'm level 24 and continually get sub level 10's on my team who've play about 15 games.
In the last 20 games I've probably won about 3-4. Why can't there be an option to join with similar levels.

AcridMeat

Banned
Pungza said:
This game has the worst matchmaking. I'm level 24 and continually get sub level 10's on my team who've play about 15 games.
In the last 20 games I've probably won about 3-4. Why can't there be an option to join with similar levels.

Don't blame me! I'm a level 12 who only plays PvP when I have a group of friends online at once.

Mostly because those around me in randoms are exactly as you described...

Ferrio

Banned
Really loving AD sona a lot. Also trying to get used to Lux. I can't score a lot of kills like I've seen other luxes do... lots of assists though. Maybe cause I'm just not lasering when their about to die. I reduce my cds all the way and spam that damn thing.

Ark

Pungza said:

The matchmaking is far from the worst, but it's not optimal for sure.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Pungza said:

Don't play with randoms pubbers in large groups the stats are stacked against you.

Also your problem still persist no matter what summoner level you have. I'm a level 30 with almost 1200 wins and I still get matched with people more often than not 400 wins and below. Even people with quite a few hundred wins still are skilless in some area.

Queue with friends and make some. Gaf has plenty of decent players who basically only need to know you wanna play. Hell I got smurf account so look for me in the channel and I will queue up. If you choose to go solo you will get garbage more often than not. Having one or two always queued with will reduce by not make it disappear.

im done with this game, fucking team based game, always have some noob garbages or afk fuckers on my team just to fuck with me. fuck this game. fuck all team based games including call of duty fuck em all. hate fucking premade team of faggots. team of random should never play with premade faggots.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Ladyboy101 said:
im done with this game, fucking team based game, always have some noob garbages or afk fuckers on my team just to fuck with me. fuck this game. fuck all team based games including call of duty fuck em all. hate fucking premade team of faggots. team of random should never play with premade faggots.
Sounds like you're bad at the game and blame your team instead.

I do not blame him.

Fighting against a premade as a group of randoms is absolutely infuriating.

Unless you win, then it's the best day of your life and nothing will surpass that.

inky

Ferrio said:
Really loving AD sona a lot. Also trying to get used to Lux. I can't score a lot of kills like I've seen other luxes do... lots of assists though. Maybe cause I'm just not lasering when their about to die. I reduce my cds all the way and spam that damn thing.

It depends on who you got in front. I've stopped using my ult when guys are about to die tho, because I mostly get shit from my own team (calling me a KSer and whatnot) so I mostly use it mid fight when they are all grouped or if an enemy is fleeing. I'm not very good at lining up shots, but I love the range and the swoosh of the rainbow.
I also hate going mid against Fiddlesticks or Ashe. Can't beat them =/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you treat it like a finisher, then you have a problem. Lux's cannon is a fantastic opener or another great way to blow out one of their DPS before the group fight even starts. Either if we can catch maybe their Annie or Ashe. I'll burn it on them solely. Lux is normally strong enough to take out a good 2/3 of their HP. Others finish her off without really have to burn much themselves.

Other times I do it is when they line up. If its about to start, I want to max out the targets I'll hit with my R and E.

Remember at 11, its cooldown is about 40 some seconds, at 16, you'll be near 24. Its short enough where you can many times get it up again to hit the runners.

Ferrio

Banned
inky said:
I also hate going mid against Fiddlesticks or Ashe. Can't beat them =/

Ya haven't played much with her, but I did okay laning mid against fidd. We kinda stalemated though. Couldn't kill each other and we were neck in neck with creep kills.

Ark

Ladyboy101 said:

lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpg

inky

@shintoki

It really depends on the fight, but I agree. By "when they are about to die" I didn't mean when they got 20 hp and there's 3 guys around them, but mostly when their life bars are at 1/2 - 1/3th~ or they are moving in single file. I try to use it more as an opener when I'm defending as it keeps them at bay for a while.

I need to learn to play a melee char tho, I only play Lux, or Ryze if she's taken but I'm not too good at playing tanks. Looking at Pantheon or Monkey dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom