• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

FlightOfHeaven said:
It's not the default.

The skins are likely

Rugged Riven : Classic
Heroic Riven
Hunter Riven

I really like the second skin, although the default isn't bad either.

The 'hunter' one is crimson elite

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why the fuck are you using Bots to show the "fixed" Hallucinate?

Fucking Phreak.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Halycon said:
"Nas, I'm going to Hallucinate now. I need you to attack the clone so it gives people the impression that you're not sure which Shaco is the real one. I, on the other hand, will run through brush and come out behind you. Okay? Go!"

Fucking Phreak. You're not fooling anyone.
I've got news for you. That's a Nasus Bot. And he couldn't kill it.

Haly

Yeah I rewatched the segment after making the post. "Fucking Phreak" still stands though.

No mention of buffs. If Shaco is only getting bug fixes after all this time then I don't even know. I smell a Shaco "remake" a la Kayle sometime in the future cause it's clear they don't actually want to work on him patch after patch.

dimb

Halycon said:
Yeah I rewatched the segment after making the post. "Fucking Phreak" still stands though.
To be fair, I would bet these guys are hard pressed for time and are working around the clock to patch as soon as possible. The easiest thing they could do to showcase the new patch in a video is to throw together some bot games.

Haly

Dance In My Blood said:
To be fair, I would bet these guys are hard pressed for time and are working around the clock to patch as soon as possible. The easiest thing they could do to showcase the new patch in a video is to throw together some bot games.
That can't be right, surely they have beta testers that actually play the patch before it comes out? I don't know how Riot does it, but I know that both IceFrog and S2 have a team of QAers that play each patch before it comes out.

It's so strange to me that the developers actually use the words nerf and buff and are so open about their changes. Isn't that somewhat unique in online gaming?

BTW, I like it.

Haly

FutureZombie said:
It's so strange to me that the developers actually use the words nerf and buff and are so open about their changes. Isn't that somewhat unique in online gaming?

BTW, I like it.
Yeah, it's pretty common in MMOs and semi-transparency of the dev process carried over to other genres.

Halycon said:
Yeah, it's pretty common in MMOs and semi-transparency of the dev process carried over to other genres.

My only other experience keeping up with patch notes was WoW, and I seem to recall them using ambiguous language and always "fixing" things instead of buffing or nerfing.

dimb

Halycon said:
That can't be right, surely they have beta testers that actually play the patch before it comes out? I don't know how Riot does it, but I know that both IceFrog and S2 have a team of QAers that play each patch before it comes out.
I don't know the specifics, and I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but the impression I get is that they are trying to push this out as fast as they possibly can for players.

dimb

Blizzard said:
Singed buff increasing fling attack range/power? I've seen so many singed's lately this does not make me happy. D:
It's extra 25 range on auto attack and Fling is being changed to match it. It is a pretty meaningless buff.

This is something to be happy about though:
Brand
Conflagration range reduced to 625 from 675
Pillar of Flame damage reduced to 75/120/165/210/255 from 80/125/170/215/260

dimb

Mister Wilhelm said:
Free week Talons and Karmas are dogshit.
Yeah, I am probably going to stay as far away from normal games as possible for the rest of the week.

iamblades

Blizzard said:
Singed buff increasing fling attack range/power? I've seen so many singed's lately this does not make me happy. D:

Not really a buff, just a workaround to a bug where if you smartcast fling, he would just stop walking and it wouldn't go off IIRC.

Doesn't really do anything to increase his power.

iamblades

Mister Wilhelm said:
I played three games with Sivir today and it seems like she's amazing at two things - melting creep waves and pushing towers.

Everything else she is terrible at.

You forgot buffing during a teamfight.

Ferny

SPIN TO WIN

cx0mV.jpg

brian!

Had a fun game with Lee just now! Our GP disconnected halfway in so obviously the other team decides to start bding. They are pretty successful with them (mostly just Cait) taking 2 towers and inhibs while we are winning team fights in the middle of the map, and spamming B to go back -_-.

Another team fight breaks out in mid, we have two inhibs by now as well, but their Talon has bded two of our nexus towers. We are telling Le Blanc to stay in base and defend (the only other option was Soraka), but she ignores us. Of course, as we are fighting in mid, Cait emerges out of jungle and starts pew pewing the nexus. We kill off Cho, Nasus, and Karthus, and race towards their base knowing that we probably won't make it, while Talon runs away trololling

Then Caitlin dies to super minions. Lols all around and we win :)

IsayFever

JUNGLE SHENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

IsayFever said:
JUNGLE SHENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

bindww, are you ok

post if you are ok

Achtius

IsayFever said:

wrong

Jungle Dr. Shen

red13th

Morde nerfs are always a good thing, kinda like Vladimir and Irelia nerfs.
Riven gives me a bad feeling idk. She's designed by Xypherous who made Renek (one of my favourite characters) and Orianna (one of my most hated characters). Tanky melee Trinity Force champion with gap closer reminds me of Irelia.

Those Shen buffs are completely missing the point but I guess I'll take what I get.

red_13th said:
Morde nerfs are always a good thing, kinda like Vladimir and Irelia nerfs.
Riven gives me a bad feeling idk. She's designed by Xypherous who made Renek (one of my favourite characters) and Orianna (one of my most hated characters). Tanky melee Trinity Force champion with gap closer reminds me of Irelia.

Those Shen buffs are completely missing the point but I guess I'll take what I get.

Xypherous for live team, tbqh.

Have you read what he thinks about balancing?

He's a god.

ultron87

So, I played my first match against real people. As it turns out random people on the ladder are way worse than the intermediate AI.

Xn2tf.jpg

Spin to win indeed.

Well, the AI does sorta cheat in terms of items so it's not surprising that real people would be worse off, especially at low levels.

Of course, I think the biggest problem people have in intermediate bot matches is they expect it to be a walkover and get creamed by Taric/MF top or Annie mid for being careless.

KJTB

Finally hit lvl 30 :D

Played my first ranked game with singed. Won pretty easily, just farmed up 300 CS and was unkillable. Aw yeh. I love singed, it's hilarious that they're buffing him.

bring on the morde nerfs!

Do other GAF members post on the LoL boards? The community is all over the place: cool, assholes, immature, decent, unbearable, okay, etc. It kinda reminds me of the Atlus boards way back.

Achtius

dragonlife said:
Do other GAF members post on the LoL boards? The community is all over the place: cool, assholes, immature, decent, unbearable, okay, etc. It kinda reminds me of the Atlus boards way back.

No, that board give me eye cancer every time I tried to read the threads. I usually read about news and announcement made by Riot employee.

LCGeek

formerly sane
dragonlife said:

I do but I go there for trolling. Solomid is find is somewhat better. Riot doesn't really manage the forums and a lot of crap goes on that shouldn't considering it's an official place.

In other news troll wins of the day and my only two games.

ssown0032.jpg

This team was derpy and spent so much time focusing me at the end they fed me with how often they would come in. Since they were all ad I spent my money where it matted the most. The FON negated veigar along with my ghost. I will admit it was unfair since our team was stun loaded. Even with their bs we just let them start fights group up and let festival of death commence.

ssown0031.jpg

Never let vayne stack magic damage, attack speed, and magic penetration. Not even morde, ww, and mundo could stand up to me once I got bloodrazor and two recurve bows. If you don't buy mr you really get screwed with her.

Ferga

I personally like taric's new ult because i play him as a support tank.

Need a new build though since i'm not constantly healing. I think taric just became more of a tank than support

wait what. vayne's skills don't scale off ap?

Blackface

Banned
Soeone did the math on the Garen change. It's a significant nerf to Garen before he has 50 AD. Something like 90 less dmg per spin. Which is huge really early. However it ends up being a pretty big buff mid and late game, and only gets bigger once you get past 50 AD.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ferga said:
I personally like taric's new ult because i play him as a support tank.

Need a new build though since i'm not constantly healing. I think taric just became more of a tank than support

wait what. vayne's skills don't scale off ap?

The items do that and magic penetration is applied to all. Just basically get items that do the magic sit back and troll em hard. Stats don't lie about what was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom