• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
I need teemo help.

He is too squishy... if I get focused on I die almost instantly especially near the end of the game.... What should I do? Stack defence stuff? Speed stuff? Escape stuff?

Last game I played was like an hour long, we almost won early but at the end their melee dudes just took too much dmg and dished out too much for us >.> in group we pretty much didnt stand a chance against them, We had a more 'even' team but they were pretty much just melee with one ranged. Its the only game I lost as teemo >_<;

Ferga

Blackface said:
Soeone did the math on the Garen change. It's a significant nerf to Garen before he has 50 AD. Something like 90 less dmg per spin. Which is huge really early. However it ends up being a pretty big buff mid and late game, and only gets bigger once you get past 50 AD.

I start out with like 70ad on garen with 10 armor pen so it's all good

broz0rs

LCGeek said:
The items do that and magic penetration is applied to all. Just basically get items that do the magic sit back and troll em hard. Stats don't lie about what was done.

one game isn't suffice to call it as stats. perhaps you can show more games to determine whether such a troll build can work on a consistent basis.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Aw, Taric's stun got a nerf. The new Radiance sounds really cool though, but it feels like it is missing some sort of stun to it. They have reduced the early game shatter harassment also :/

Does the change to his Shatter's Armor buff mean he will loose the entire amount of his bonus Armor when cast? Makes it a much riskier move.

"Consumable items will not be removed from recommended item lists after being purchased"

What champ has Consumable items in their recommended item lists anyway?

LCGeek

formerly sane
broz0rs said:
one game isn't suffice to call it as stats. perhaps you can show more games to determine whether such a troll build can work on a consistent basis.

One game I've been doing this with vayne since she came out.

I barely use it as it's situational. Rather an easy way to know when is this. Most vayne's need AS no matter what build. Yet if the enemy team is getting armor over mr or in is not buying MR abuse it all the way and finish them quickly. I also base it on what my team has if I have full ads going this is easier because the enemy is less likely able to counter it.

The pics are old but the results speak loudly.

ssown0034.jpg

ssown0035.jpg

Mainly a full bloodrazor and malady make it hurt. With magic pen runes, wits, and sotd you get even sicker especially sotd once you turn on the pentration. Opportunity I am item whore and learned with ashe some hybrid builds beat out damage build when tanks beef up. Not many people will ditch their survival gear once they get it especially with low farm situations.

By the the time the laning phase is begun I know whether or not to stick more magic damage items on my ad carries or to just go after a ad crit penetration build.

Boken

Banned
Drkirby said:
Does the change to his Shatter's Armor buff mean he will loose the entire amount of his bonus Armor when cast? Makes it a much riskier move.
Armor aura sounds like it stays.

What I'm not sure about is that Taric basically lost survivability with the new ult. Sure it does some damage, but it doesnt constantly keep healing him... I think the design is confused.
+give taric another short ranged nuke.
-take away his survivability.

wat.

In other news, Morde sounds like he got hammered. Orianna will still be strong.

iamblades

PsychoSoldier said:
Well, the AI does sorta cheat in terms of items so it's not surprising that real people would be worse off, especially at low levels.

Of course, I think the biggest problem people have in intermediate bot matches is they expect it to be a walkover and get creamed by Taric/MF top or Annie mid for being careless.

Intermediate bots are cheating bastards all around. I'll kill annie mid 3 times before level 6, she still hits level 6 within seconds of me, bot's don't last hit, they just aggressively zone you away from the creeps, yet still end up with plenty of gold for items. Nothing beats being up 3 or 4 kills and 40 CS on annie bot, and she still finishes deathcap first. :p

Intermediate bots are probably easier to gank than real players, because they always aggressive push the lane and try to zone the creeps, but the bots don't do as much aimless wandering through the jungle and facechecking bushes as real people tend to. The Bot strategy is a fairly simple push aggressively and defend towers strat, since they don't really have to worry about farm.

Blizzard

Banned
iamblades said:
Intermediate bots are cheating bastards all around. I'll kill annie mid 3 times before level 6, she still hits level 6 within seconds of me, bot's don't last hit, they just aggressively zone you away from the creeps, yet still end up with plenty of gold for items. Nothing beats being up 3 or 4 kills and 40 CS on annie bot, and she still finishes deathcap first. :p

Intermediate bots are probably easier to gank than real players, because they always aggressive push the lane and try to zone the creeps, but the bots don't do as much aimless wandering through the jungle and facechecking bushes as real people tend to. The Bot strategy is a fairly simple push aggressively and defend towers strat, since they don't really have to worry about farm.
My understanding is that bots get free items on all levels, plus they have "enhanced" stats and ability cooldown times.

If you don't kill intermediate bots by 35-40 minutes, which I've seen happen before, they become unkillable (ok not really) balls of death with banshee's veil on 3+ people, and guardian angel on 2+ people. Yes you can still win but it's an exercise in frustration.

Blizzard

Banned
Nome said:
He seems stupidly imbalanced.
Not when you're as bad as me! I like using him and am afraid he will be nerfed. I did good for a few games and then had like 6 terrible games. I must learn the secrets of how to play him (I already build up attack damage and crits for parley, and attempt to last-hit minions).

they buffed singed?
they buffed singed?! 25% more range on his game winning fling!? And really, what he needed was more range on his autoattack because he's just horrible at farming, right riot?

Tenacity item change is HUGE. Ok, maybe just sorta huge. Kinda huge. Not at all that huge. Not a big deal. Meh. Anyway.

Kassadin got beefed too and I have no idea why.

Orianna needed her ball to slow down a little, ya know, actually possibly dodgeable. That was all. Right now it might as well just magically appear it's so fast. Her range was fine but her ball got to that long range too quickly. If you slow down the ball then a max range attack would be dodgeable, like gragas barrel. It would have its uses but wouldn't be something a good orianna would do all the time and a good player can counter. Increasing her mana needs is fine and all but it wont amount to much.

Ark

Yay, no Irelia nerfs :)

Talon is an interesting character to play, certainly considering unlocking him with IP, but I'll give it until the end of the week first.

I'll more than likely pick up Riven & the Crimson Riven skin if they're bundled together whenever this patch actually releases.

broz0rs

Thanks for posting those Vayne screens. It's an interesting build. It really takes advantage of her silver bullets.

I think the killer buff this patch is definitely Ezrael. He is going to destroy bot lane if the opposing team has Janna support. If a team picks Morgana, Ez is also going to be the perfect counter mid.

The buff is his W will now destroy shields. OP

Neki

Blizzard said:
My understanding is that bots get free items on all levels, plus they have "enhanced" stats and ability cooldown times.

If you don't kill intermediate bots by 35-40 minutes, which I've seen happen before, they become unkillable (ok not really) balls of death with banshee's veil on 3+ people, and guardian angel on 2+ people. Yes you can still win but it's an exercise in frustration.

bots are extremely easy to gank though.

IsayFever

Door2Dawn said:
Riven not available. Oh Riot.

New champs are normally up around 2pm pst. Gives time for people to login and servers to stabilize, never are they available immediately after servers come up.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
US servers are up

you've been able to download the update since noon central time

iamblades

Mr. B Natural said:
they buffed singed?
they buffed singed?! 25% more range on his game winning fling!? And really, what he needed was more range on his autoattack because he's just horrible at farming, right riot?

Tenacity item change is HUGE. Ok, maybe just sorta huge. Kinda huge. Not at all that huge. Not a big deal. Meh. Anyway.

Kassadin got beefed too and I have no idea why.

Orianna needed her ball to slow down a little, ya know, actually possibly dodgeable. That was all. Right now it might as well just magically appear it's so fast. Her range was fine but her ball got to that long range too quickly. If you slow down the ball then a max range attack would be dodgeable, like gragas barrel. It would have its uses but wouldn't be something a good orianna would do all the time and a good player can counter. Increasing her mana needs is fine and all but it wont amount to much.

As I said earlier, the increase on the range is just because 100 range spells were buggy. The same thing with nunu's consume.

100 vs 125 range has no meaningful effect on gameplay.

Nome

Blizzard said:
Not when you're as bad as me! I like using him and am afraid he will be nerfed. I did good for a few games and then had like 6 terrible games. I must learn the secrets of how to play him (I already build up attack damage and crits for parley, and attempt to last-hit minions).
He's a farming monster with a global AoE ult, 'nuff said :p
But what really breaks him is Remove Scurvy. You can even remove Warwick's Infinite Duress... D:

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Boken said:
Armor aura sounds like it stays.
The main thing I want to see, is if it will keep the passive aura up for others. If so, the ability got a decent buff in that regard.

Edit: Yep, it keep the aura up for everything, so it got a damage nerf, but it got its passive defense ability buffed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Nome said:
But what really breaks him is Remove Scurvy. You can even remove Warwick's Infinite Duress... D:
Its a free cleanse+heal, every 12 seconds(Forgot the timing). Hes another character that can stupidity overextend while being okay, similar to Vlad(Though not quite as bad as he was)

Yasae

Banned
markot said:
I need teemo help.

He is too squishy... if I get focused on I die almost instantly especially near the end of the game.... What should I do? Stack defence stuff? Speed stuff? Escape stuff?

Last game I played was like an hour long, we almost won early but at the end their melee dudes just took too much dmg and dished out too much for us >.> in group we pretty much didnt stand a chance against them, We had a more 'even' team but they were pretty much just melee with one ranged. Its the only game I lost as teemo >_<;
You and me both.

Ferny

Ferrio said:
Ya, definitely snagging her. What's the difficulty rating they're putting her at? She looks more involved than your normal AD.
She looks a lot more interesting than whats been coming out lately. Getting her when she releases.

Rokal

Nome said:

You can also remove Malzahar's Nether Grasp unless they've changed it to suppress skills like remove Scurvy too (I don't think they have).

Yeah, GP is pretty broken. If they change his ult to have a slightly-less-than-global range like Pantheon, he'll be in a better position.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Her Q has much lower range than I expected. I was thinking of something like HoN's monkey king but it's more like pandamonium's q. Hype levels decreasing.

Neki

Halycon said:
Her Q has much lower range than I expected. I was thinking of something like HoN's monkey king but it's more like pandamonium's q. Hype levels decreasing.
HoN's monkey king sucked so I don't see a problem here.

Haly

Ultimoo said:
HoN's monkey king sucked so I don't see a problem here.
Yeah but he was, conceptually speaking, really awesome.

Just too difficult to play well to be worth it.

Haly

Ultimoo said:
LoL needs a HoN equivalent of Tremble in this game. useless, but...useless.
Karma.

HURR HURR HURR DERP.

Or Olaf.

Riven still looks fun though. Gonna buy her and try her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom