• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

@FlightOfHeaven @Drkirby

Thx, will add both channels. Don't think I've played with gaffers yet. For those who want to add me as friend I'm ZombieMech =)

I never had any lag the first three weeks I played. But these last couple of days I've been getting bizarre lag. For example, my character will keep moving, but everything else in the game will stand still. Or things will move sporadically. Tonight I played a game, got disconnected, and when I reconnected the mobs I had seen before my disconnect were still fighting. They remained frozen in combat shooting at each other for the duration of the game.

Anyone ever experience problems like this before? Is this an issue with my PC? It's odd that it started all of the sudden after I had literally never disconnected for the first three weeks I played.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Macattk15 said:
I don't play IH anymore because there are a bunch of toolsheds who play IH. I'm in the 1700s ... I've still carried with Tremble in games.

Did you call us bad and assholes in the same post?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guy's let's not do this invasion thing.

You'll all have plenty of time to call each other out once Dota 2 hits.

Haly

Jazzy Network said:
Lol watching saintvicious' stream and I see Legato Reborn on the other team.
Everybody cheer him on. With our support, there's no way he can lose!

Jazzy Network said:
Why did you both have smite?

we were dicking around in normals (huehue)

did really well, we would've won had freddy not disconnected for the entire game

--

also, two smites ensures absolute dragon control (and baron)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Legato.Reborn- said:
we were dicking around in normals (huehue)

did really well, we would've won had freddy not disconnected for the entire game

--

also, two smites ensures absolute dragon control (and baron)
You bring dishonor and shame to Gaf.

Legato, you are our representative from GAF.

You represent every member, from the level 1 guy getting Warmog's on Heimerdinger to the veterans with +1000 games and 60k IP in their account.

You have failed us all.

:(

FlightOfHeaven said:
Legato, you are our representative from GAF.

You represent every member, from the level 1 guy getting Warmog's on Heimerdinger to the veterans with +1000 games and 60k IP in their account.

You have failed us all.

This made me so sad. :(

I am sorry, LoL based GAF.

shintoki said:
You bring dishonor and shame to Gaf.

:((((((((

Rokal

After actually playing a few games as Riven tonight, I can say she's much easier to play than Lee Sin. It seems like her skill cap won't be that high, and her passive stacking to 3 is really generous. She only gets to a point where she is high APM late-game when her cooldowns are much lower. Fun champion.

Ferrio

Banned
So I think Riven's big drawback is being able to chase down enemies. Without a mallet or something you can get easily kited.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
AcridMeat said:
I just got beat up as GangPlank tonight. :( I need to know what sort of items I should transition to with him in PvP games, apart from what's in this build. I dominate inter bots.
Boots start is best, early Philo Stone is better for farm than an early Avarice. Building your entire Trinity Force early game is pretty pointless. You will hit for nothing unless you crit, and you probably won't crit. Build Sheen second and build an Infinity Edge afterwards.

This is what you want: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=556

Boken

Banned
Ultimoo said:
wait until you see orianna son.
Wtf you been nekiiii?

I don't think Orianna's nerfs were that big. Her laning is a little weaker, but she can still farm comfortably and provides so much utility later on.

Also, Rivens shield scales off AD. So does her passive. I don't think Trinity force is optimal on her. Riot not making a trinity force champion?? GASP.

Still looks fun though. The ratio on her passive is a lot bigger than I expected.

Pookaki said:
I have an extra Arctic Caitlyn promo code. first one to PM me wins!

Edit: Gone, congrats Boken
I love you.

Blizzard

Banned
Boken said:
I love you.
You monster. What if that guy had taken like 15 codes out of some Barnes & Noble magazine rack, ruining the lives of countless legitimate magazine purchasers? ;;

On another note, most every Riven so far seems to be dominating or at least doing well, though maybe that's my imagination. They sometimes die easily, but they do a ton of damage before they go.

I hate solomid guides because they give the items in this weird spread-out order with all these different options. I hate having to think and decide between items and try to buy things situationally. I don't have that kind of brainpower!

I just tried Talon in two bot games. He seems fun but there is a lot of hard metallic knifeknifeknife noise to hurt your ears.

Blizzard

Banned
Pookaki said:
I assure you, I did not do that. 0_o
Then well done. I fear the worst on the internet! =(((

I now apparently own Kayle. Is he/she/it free for everyone now? Would anyone even WANT to play Kayle?

Haly

Blizzard said:
Then well done. I fear the worst on the internet! =(((

I now apparently own Kayle. Is he/she/it free for everyone now? Would anyone even WANT to play Kayle?
They gave out Kayle skins to everyone who played at least 10 matchmaking games over season 1.

When you're given a skin through a code or some promotion, it automatically comes with the champ.

Also kayle isn't worth playing at all.

Neki

Boken said:
Wtf you been nekiiii?

I don't think Orianna's nerfs were that big. Her laning is a little weaker, but she can still farm comfortably and provides so much utility later on.

Also, Rivens shield scales off AD. So does her passive. I don't think Trinity force is optimal on her. Riot not making a trinity force champion?? GASP.

Still looks fun though. The ratio on her passive is a lot bigger than I expected.

I love you.

been playing HoN. since I'm going to school now I can't stay up super late to play with boken and uchip anymore.

Blizzard

Banned
Halycon said:
They gave out Kayle skins to everyone who played at least 10 matchmaking games over season 1.

When you're given a skin through a code or some promotion, it automatically comes with the champ.

Also kayle isn't worth playing at all.
Haha. Kayle, Karma, and Eve are the three champions that I probably see least, aside from Kiunch trolling playing Eve and Achtius who might have played Karma at one point. Kayle hardly EVER shows up.

Fjord

Lead Based Paint said:
Which build?

Just went Doran's Ring, Merc Treads, Lichbane and they surrendered. Never really played him before but I think I might try specializing in him. I mean there were guys near the top of the ranked solo queue ladder playing nothing but Sion even before the buffs. Really he's a great solo Q if you think about Sion's kit:

Farming - clear a whole creep wave with a spell and gain 3hp per kill
CC - Fantastic simple stun, just like Taric
Tanky - MR boost with the patch, his passive damage reduction and hp gain make him tanky with no items
Burst - Can unleash two 1 AP ratio skills on you while closing in to get big melee hits
Sustain - 75% lifesteal whenever you're feeling a bit down, or hey 50% attack speed pushes the tower
Carry Potential - With a lichbane he goes insane with AP, maybe he'd have trouble getting in range to melee late game or doing enough damage by himself if he gets caught by an AD carry?

Hmm I'll have to play him more to find his weaknesses actually. I did feel a little vulnerable after blowing my shield to AOE their team but they usually started running pretty soon after that.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay, I hate how Riven's Q goes in the direction she's facing... unless you're pointer is on an enemy. They should make it follow the pointer even if it's pointing in an empty area.

Also having a hard time scoring kills with her. Tons of assists, I can never get the kill though.

dimb

Nocturne is pretty much jungle easy mode. No wonder he's so popular.

a6dfde0ec5c5124d26ab0cb4f9ab9a758dee1d6f.jpg

Rapstah

Before I download this, does it have bot matches? I'd feel stupid to play against real people while being absolutely new considering the kind of community these games usually have.

dimb

Rapstah said:
Before I download this, does it have bot matches? I'd feel stupid to play against real people while being absolutely new considering the kind of community these games usually have.
Yes, there are bot matches. The game is really popular however so you'll find all kinds of skill levels in matches against other players, so you shouldn't really be afraid to jump into regular games.

Ferrio

Banned
Rapstah said:

Yes it does.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The game will match new players with other new players, but doing a few bot matches shouldn't hurt. Just don't be too scared, the people you are matched with are also likely to be fairly new (If they aren't Smurfs, but lets give it the benefit of the doubt here)

Give all the free characters of the week a try, and try to buy the bulk of the cheap characters before investing in the 6300 champs, since it can take a lot of games to get that much IP, and a lot of the 450/1350 champs are pretty good.

Oh, of the characters free this week, I would say Caitlyn, Singed, Gangplank, and Annie would be some of the easier ones to pick up.

Rapstah said:
It does. It's nice playing with friends that are new, too. I personally like playing bot games, so feel free to add dragonlife29 if you wanna practice/have fun with someone who doesn't care if you do poorly, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom