• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
ShadyMilkman said:
It's cool that people are still getting used to her, but those that I have run in to seem to ditch all the basics of playing well (not overextending, no wards etc).

I've been playing a lot of Talon lately, and have been doing well with him. The problem being, even if I do get relatively fed, Talon seems incapable of carrying a team by himself. He's still really fun to play, so I just roll with it.
That's a problem with a lot of champions I guess. I do badly enough playing AD carries, and if I play a tank, I feel like I'm basically at the mercy of how good the other players are.

I mean, I'm a terrible tank, but even if I were a good one, presumably I would need good teammates to kill people. =P

Blizzard said:
That's a problem with a lot of champions I guess. I do badly enough playing AD carries, and if I play a tank, I feel like I'm basically at the mercy of how good the other players are.

I mean, I'm a terrible tank, but even if I were a good one, presumably I would need good teammates to kill people. =P

Haha, I've tried tanking a few times with mixed (usually terrible) results.

So it goes with solo.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Blizzard said:

Most of the good tanks are good killers once they get decent items. Malphite, singed, nunu, alistar, and amumu can always get good kills in cleanup situations when played right. You're still right in the sense that you need a carry. Yet if you and the carry are good and the team is ok you should be able to win.

Ferrio

Banned
Still not convinced how good riven is...normally but I just realized she'd probably be very good in dominion. Her mobility will make her awesome.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Regardless of how good Riven is I hate having her on my team. I don't feel like she synergizes with the rest of the team well at all.

Fjord

$1.99 Caitlyn Skin

Found this on the LoL boards, I'll let you know if it works for me although it seems to have worked for quite a few people already.

I've seen a lot of angst and questions about how to get this skin, so here's what worked for me.

I went to coverleaf.com, and bought the NOVEMBER digital issue of League of Legends for $1.99. This DOES NOT come with a skin in the magazine. However, if you forward the invoice to PCGcustserv@cdsfulfillment.com (the customer service for product fulfilment department of PC Gamer) you'll be issued a ticket number, and within 48 hours a skin code will be mailed to you. If you haven't heard back within ~48 hours, try sending a second email (worked for me.)

As far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of issues you can buy/skins you could receive.

A second note, the mailing address attached to my credit card (and the invoice that was emailed to me from Coverleaf) IS a US address, so if you're international I can't vouch for the effectiveness of this procedure. Hope this helps!

Edit: According to replies in this thread this does work for international credit cards, but I believe the skin is for North American servers.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1232067

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Fjord said:
$1.99 Caitlyn Skin

Found this on the LoL boards, I'll let you know if it works for me although it seems to have worked for quite a few people already.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1232067

Just did this too...damn the things I do for skins lol. Do I need to own the hero to use the skin?

edit: " If you ever get a code of a champion skin of which you do not own the champion, the champion is autounlocked along with the skin."

woot

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ark said:
Just seen my first two Riven's in-game in one game T__T

Not sure what to think of her really.

She need a gap closer, or some kind of slow/stun that's longer than .5 second. Being a melee dps, she will also need some defense item so she can survive a fight. She is not that good at laning either, and her jungling isn't that promising. I am not really sure the reason to choose her over udyr or Xin, but I am sure someone will prove me wrong.

She is so kawaii tho <3

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
So, um...

lol_rot.jpg

You know, I wouldn't mind getting this rotation at all if it weren't for the fact it tells me to buy the champ when I try one. So I can't use those and the proper free lineup won't appear.

Weird bug.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If you build Riven straight AD you can still stomp pubs

shes pretty shitty though

Blizzard

Banned
I went 7/0/4 in my first PVP Talon game, and I think I had the most creep kills. The other team was pretty much terrible though. They had a level 6 Sion, and all of us were level 24+. :/

markot

Banned
Blizzard said:
I went 7/0/4 in my first PVP Talon game, and I think I had the most creep kills. The other team was pretty much terrible though. They had a level 6 Sion, and all of us were level 24+. :/
The cap is 18! Hax!

Blizzard

Banned
markot said:
The cap is 18! Hax!
I take it back, it looks like our lowest level was 22. 22, 24, three 30's maybe. I'm almost positive that the Sion was level 6, with 6 wins.

And then we had a 1-minute queue after that, so perhaps Riot matchmaking is borked today.

inky

Blizzard said:
so perhaps Riot matchmaking is borked today.

I wish =/ that would explain why apparently my skills have left me and I am playing trash. Never but today have I felt that it was my fault my team lost. Although to be fair they always want me to mid against Cait and it can't be fucking done with Lux T.T (Most certainly I don't know how...)

markot

Banned
Blizzard said:
I take it back, it looks like our lowest level was 22. 22, 24, three 30's maybe. I'm almost positive that the Sion was level 6, with 6 wins.

And then we had a 1-minute queue after that, so perhaps Riot matchmaking is borked today.
Oh >.<; you mean summoner level...

How can you even tell what lvl they are?

Blizzard said:

I find my best games come when I tank, but I generally don't enjoy playing tanks. The reason for that, of course, being that if my team sucks they all blame me for losing the game CONSTANTLY.

Why didn't you save me when I ran into the enemy jungle and there were 3 people liquifying me?

Why did you wait for the fifth team member to join us and FORCE ME to initiate? Then why did you run away after the other team made my life bar disappear in a second?

Why won't you tank baron when we have two inhibitors down and all 5 of the enemy champs are up and somewhere on the map we can't see?

Makes my head spin.

Archie said:
I go where I please.

I love seeing good Mundo play.

inky

Busted :O

Mister Wilhelm said:
The reason for that, of course, being that if my team sucks they all blame me for losing the game CONSTANTLY

Nah, they blame whoever. I've had tanks run alone towards the other team and blame me for running back instead of dropping a shield on them or whatever, yeah that'd save them. "Stay and fight noob" Sure -.-'

Ferga

To everyone who doubts kayle's ability to carry, don't.

Her mid and late game is so god damn amazing. Get all ap and AS and watch you solo 2 people mid game with your ult.

If you get around 200ap with at least 2.0 as. Your late game will be amazing.

Still, kayle's old passive was better :\

Her new passive kind of wants to focus down one player for the entirety of the fight. Didn't really have that feeling with her old passive.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
markot said:
Is it hard to manage the over heat thingy? I think he is gonna be the next one I get anyways.
You can spam abilities and still do well enough with him, but there is a high skill cap to effectively using Rumble. In my opinion he is one of the most well designed and fun to play champions.

Swig_

XeroSauce said:
Cool! So is Doran's Blade not a good idea? Should I just start saving up for Daggers etc?

Are Wriggles minions? Or a jungle mob? If I'm facing someone like Malphite in mid should I switch lanes (i.e. someone who keep beating me at mid) I have the same issues with Cait, I suck at solo lanes.

Do you try to get Poison up first, or Blinding? Or both?

I've tried Dorans Blade.. it is okay, but I prefer the boots/pots for the mobility/harass with your poison and the healthpots for sustain. If you're careful, you don't need to worry about having the extra health.. But, yeah, well, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

wriggles is an item. Wriggles lantern. It's cheap and has some very nice stats that help with sustaining in a lane and keeping them from pushing your lane. Most junglers use wriggles because you build the first madreds razor into it, its dirt cheap and has great jungling stats. The reason I like it is because of the random 500 dmg to a minion. Since teemo has no AeO (aside from his shrooms, and you shouldn't be using those to kill minions in your lane), you need something to help clear them out quicker.. otherwise they'll constantly be pushing your tower.

First skill is usually poison, unless I think a duo lane is going to be very volatile, then I might go for the blind. With my build, you shouldn't have trouble against almost anyone in mid/solo. Annie, Kog Maw, Karthus and a few others will be very difficult, and you may have trouble with them at first, but if you play it enough, you'll rarely lose a solo lane. you just have to be aggressive and keep harassing them with blind/poison.

But yeah, if you are going to die over and over, you should switch with someone if anyone is willing.

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
lol double thornmail

someone doesn't know it's unique

Also, the changes to Blademail in DotA make me so sad... that shit used to be a passive...
It's sad it's unique so you can't stack it on Rammus. Still though, it's pretty cheap if you need massive armor for some reason...but on an 11-death alistar, nope not so much. =P

I just played Annie for the first time in forever, did badly early, missed lots of shots, had very little farm, and still went 11/1/8. I've played like three bad teams today, but it's scary since I figure it will be followed by a bunch of good teams to make up for the karma. n0b carried everyone with Caitlyn. I want to be pro Caitlyn!

(yes I had two losses today, so I stay like 30-ish games below 50%)

Blizzard

Banned
n0b said:
That felt mean.
You were mean when you were mean-talking your teammates when they couldn't hear you, when all they wanted to do was follow cute Caitlyn around like a mother hen. You draw people to you when you do well, I figure. Just relax and take it as a compliment. :D

iamblades

Blizzard said:
It's sad it's unique so you can't stack it on Rammus. Still though, it's pretty cheap if you need massive armor for some reason...but on an 11-death alistar, nope not so much. =P

I just played Annie for the first time in forever, did badly early, missed lots of shots, had very little farm, and still went 11/1/8. I've played like three bad teams today, but it's scary since I figure it will be followed by a bunch of good teams to make up for the karma. n0b carried everyone with Caitlyn. I want to be pro Caitlyn!

(yes I had two losses today, so I stay like 30-ish games below 50%)

I'm more sad about sunfire cape being unique.

I miss sunfire shaco. :p

I don't understand hoe the alistar ended up with two thornmails and no other items at all. Not even boots or a faerie charm or anything.. What did he start with? cloth armor? lol

EXGN

So, I'm making a return to the game after taking like 45 days off. Skarn was the last new chara, they added Riven and Talon since? Are either of them any good? Also, going through the update logs but were there any new items or big changes?

Saw the buffed Singed's range a bit, time to trololololol again.

Boken

Banned
Oh yea normal draft games.

Riven and Talon are pretty average. Talon can snowball because he's similiar in design to Akali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom