• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't feel Riven was underpowered...yikes.

shintoki said:
Soraka is really the worst character in the game.
Considering how powerful she is now with the silence, starfall, and occasional heal, I disagree. Eve and Sivir are probably worse.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Blizzard said:
Considering how powerful she is now with the silence, starfall, and occasional heal, I disagree. Eve and Sivir are probably worse.
More referring to pre-nerf Sona. Where she could carry far less skills players and teams with very little risk.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shintoki doesn't like Soraka because she's the worst example of passive support playing style that forces her lane to stagnate.

Ferrio

Banned
Fuck ya, riven buff. Going to tear some ass up!

Also found my next character... Karma. She's fucking awesome. Her damage output is insane, and she pushes like nuts.

Base Stats
Attack Speed per level increased to 3.5 from 2.9

Good change. She doesn't need much attack speed, so getting an attack speed item was really a waste, yet her base attack speed was waaaay too low.

Base Armor increased to 15 from 12

Good, she's a sustained damage melee character. She needed a bit more survivability, especially if she's going to be a viable jungler, or even lane worth a damn.

Broken Wings bonus attack damage ratio increased to 0.7 from 0.6.

Didn't have a problem with broken wings damage before.

Ki Shout cast time decreased to 0.25 from 0.5

Good change. It's a very very small aoe, so the longer cast time would make it miss frequently.

Valor
Shield increased to 60/90/120/150/180 from 40/70/100/130/160.
Cooldown decreased to 10/9/8/7/6 from 11/10/9/8/7.

Another survivabiliy fix. Though not sure how much it'll help, it's minimal.

Wind Slash
Cast time decreased to 0.25 from 0.5
Missile speed increased by 10% to 2200 from 2000.

Good. I raged *alot* about this move. It's cast time was huge, so people would run outta range before she had time to wind her execution move up.

I doubt any of these will make her overpowered. She was incredibly squishy, with no real CC, and doesn't do burst damage. You could make her tanky, but it would kill her damage. She can also easily get torn up laning. Most people were saying riven was trash to at best average. This might place her as a solid average character.

Fjord

Fjord said:
$1.99 Caitlyn Skin

Found this on the LoL boards, I'll let you know if it works for me although it seems to have worked for quite a few people already.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1232067

Does not work anymore. Apparently they're saving codes for physical copy thefts now, what a mess. Here are twitter messages from PCGamer encouraging me to buy the digital copy, bought mine friday, some are as late as saturday.

http://twitter.com/#!/ELahti/status/112324720048873474
http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12246
http://twitter.com/#!/ELahti/status/115220771420385280

On another note, what a terrible magazine. As I was skimming through it I wondered who would ever pay for this, the internet has such a superior product readily available. I won't shed a tear when these guys are out of business in a few years.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Halycon said:
Shintoki doesn't like Soraka because she's the worst example of passive support playing style that forces her lane to stagnate.
Bullshit! She is a terrible character and anyone who plays her should feel bad and inferior about playing her!

Ark

Someone explain to me how Katarina is balanced. It seems almost every time I see her in-game, she just carries the team because she's just downright unkillable.

She's either fucking amazing, or absolutely shit.

Achtius

Ark said:
Someone explain to me how Katarina is balanced. It seems almost every time I see her in-game, she just carries the team because she's just downright unkillable.

She's either fucking amazing, or absolutely shit.

amazing: Team is stupid enough not to save cc for her, so she ends up raping everyone

shit: Team realize interrupting her channel make her close to useless.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
shintoki said:
Bullshit! She is a terrible character and anyone who plays her should feel bad and inferior about playing her!

QmHmg.jpg

Soraka master race reporting in.

Ferrio

Banned
Retro_ said:
When does riven hotfix take effect?

Already up.

Hrmm, I did notice Atmas doesn't affect her passive. Thought I was mistaken... but seems other people repeating it. Wonder if it's a visual bug or not.

edit: It is a tooltip bug... yay!

Also I hate hate hate soraka. Laning against and with. Always steals my last hits.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
On Elementz new Solo Queue Tier List Pantheon is Tier One and Riven is Tier Four. So good.

KJTB

Decided to play champs that I have but hardly ever play out of boredom... holy fuck I forgot how fun poppy is! 3 wins and no losses now, every game I've carried pretty hard. I remember having trouble with her when i first started playing because I would get dominated in lane because of noob mistakes but now once I overcome a slightly difficult lane phase I just destroy people :D Nothing more satisfying than ult tower diving a carry and making it out alive.

Blizzard

Banned
I still haven't figured out how to do damage with poppy without it being melee damage, causing you to take lots of damage with like 800 total HP (or alternatively, not doing much damage if you build defense items?).

I want to try Lux and Xin.

Normal Draft mode is here to stay! Good stuff.

Anyways, right now what meaning does a ranked game have? If it's pre-season, can I just play without fear of losing elo or what?

brian!

thestopsign said:
Normal Draft mode is here to stay! Good stuff.

Anyways, right now what meaning does a ranked game have? If it's pre-season, can I just play without fear of losing elo or what?

finally! It was so easy to implement, really should have come sooner. Imo, there needs to be more modes a la Dota (ones that work on existing maps of course).

FutureZombie said:
If I can see Caitlin's traps, they aren't traps. If she puts them down in front of me, I should be able to attack it.

If you can see them, walk around them.

Ferrio said:
Yep I played AR only in Dota. Was a hoot to see the team match ups.

Yeap. I remember once I got Medusa in an AR game... pre-5.84b. I laughed, hard.

FutureZombie said:
But eventually there are 4 lined up right in front of a choke point. It's dumb you can't target the ones that you see her put down.

She can only put 3 down at a time, and they last 4 minutes. They don't deal that much damage, and can only disable one person per trap. One trap alone cannot block off a choke point.

Solution?

If there are 3+ people, have a tanky type walk into one trap, trigger it, and then everyone rushes in forward, avoiding the other trap.

Bam, done.

Note: usually 2 traps are used to block off a choke point.

FlightOfHeaven said:
She can only put 3 down at a time, and they last 4 minutes. They don't deal that much damage, and can only disable one person per trap. One trap alone cannot block off a choke point.

Solution?

If there are 3+ people, have a tanky type walk into one trap, trigger it, and then everyone rushes in forward, avoiding the other trap.

Bam, done.

It's not that it's a huge problem. It's just that it's incredibly stupid. If I want to catch a bear with a trap, I hide the trap. I don't walk up to the bear, wave hello, and place the trap in front of him. It defeats the point of the trap. Now it's just a speed bump in the road instead of a clever device. If you suck at putting out traps (or mushrooms) you should be punished by having the enemy be able to attack them.

FutureZombie said:
It's not that it's a huge problem. It's just that it's incredibly stupid. If I want to catch a bear with a trap, I hide the trap. I don't walk up to the bear, wave hello, and place the trap in front of him. It defeats the point of the trap. Now it's just a speed bump in the road instead of a clever device. If you suck at putting out traps (or mushrooms) you should be punished by having the enemy be able to attack them.

SaltShaker.jpg

I've never had a trap play a part in any of my deaths. I just think it's dumb you can't attack them and that they aren't playing the role they are most likely intended to be playing.

Haly

Instead of viewing them as traps in the traditional sense, you can think of them as passive area control. By scattering the traps at key points, Caitlyn influences her opponent into staying away, or approaching her from a different trajectory.

In reality it's much less sophisticated than that, with most people just tanking the traps when there's an opportunity to do so just to get it out of the way. The idea is there though, despite the shoddy execution.

Kozak

Banned
brian! said:
if you get caught in a trap your leg should break and you should not be able to move very well for the rest of the match

And if you get eaten by Cho Gath you should not be able to respawn until someone kills Cho Gath, releasing you in the process.

brian!

surely it is believable that I would race towards the cupcake, and chow it down in a few seconds, blissfully unaware of anything happening around me

Rokal

Door2Dawn said:
I wanna play skarner in ranked.

Should I?

Skarner gets a lot of flak, but I think he's pretty good. Same boat as Leona, decent champ that is just out-classes by some of the more popular ones in the same role.

Riven feels much stronger now. I still hope they change how her Q targets in the next real patch.

Haly

Now you can tryhard...

...without trying that hard.

Haly

Ban Amumu, TF, Nocturne and GP.

Still pick Blitzcrank.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom