• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll have to experience it first-hand before I can make any more conclusions, why is Lux bad on this map? I'd thought she'd be good, she excels at skirmishes, and her long range abilities allow her to defend points from afar."

She can't take care of herself. Not without a radically different build from the "traditional" SR ones. Her cooldowns on the normal skills are too high and really she's not good in a skirmish, she's good at harassment and then eventually finishing someone off with her ult, but there's not really much time for harassment. Furthermore, you never get ahead of your opponent neither in items nor levels, so you'll never do half someone's life with your ult (unless they only have boots of mobility) and really scare someone. You ult someone and do a good chunk of damage, use your two nukes, do some more damage, then they'll just run up to you and blow you up with right click because they *will* get their items.

I thought she'd be good, too, but I wasn't really feeling it.

In general I feel like most casters might need radically different builds from normal to work in Dominion. Maybe something crazy like more Hybrid/AD, using abilities for their effects and extra damage rather than relying on them.

Rayven

aka surume
Teknopathetic said:
"I'll have to experience it first-hand before I can make any more conclusions, why is Lux bad on this map? I'd thought she'd be good, she excels at skirmishes, and her long range abilities allow her to defend points from afar."

She can't take care of herself. Not without a radically different build from the "traditional" SR ones. Her cooldowns on the normal skills are too high and really she's not good in a skirmish, she's good at harassment and then eventually finishing someone off with her ult, but there's not really much time for harassment. Furthermore, you never get ahead of your opponent neither in items nor levels, so you'll never do half someone's life with your ult (unless they only have boots of mobility) and really scare someone. You ult someone and do a good chunk of damage, use your two nukes, do some more damage, then they'll just run up to you and blow you up with right click because they *will* get their items.

She's got great poke to assault points, but is easily caught alone in the middle.

Some champs are great running with a partner, she's one of them. Some are great roaming alone. She's done well internally. There's room for most champs in the right comp TBH.

Ark

Nome said:
Stay away from the Razer Naga. It's awful.
In terms of size it's a lot smaller than the Deathadder (I have both), and the thumb-keys aren't really that great (they are tiny and cramped). If you enjoy your current two thumb buttons, guess what? The Razer Naga doesn't have those. I use them as back/forward buttons for brwosers, but the side buttons on the Naga default to the numpad. You can't really have both active at the same time, so you'll have to pick and choose what you want, or you can use some weird-ass keybinding. Overall the mouse is just uncomfortable and you'll be really sad you invested in it if you're accustomed to a traditional mouse. You're already at the top of the food chain with the Deathadder tbh. I've been through three Deathadders and I can't bother to try anything else.

Also, Pantheon is imbalanced as balls. I've been playing him without armor pen runes (no IP to buy) but he seems like he'd downright break the lane if he had them.

How much smaller is it? Could I trouble you to post a side-by-side picture comparison? :) Nevermind, Google answers all.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
As people get a better understanding of the map I expect the surprise caps that mobility can preform will become less and less powerful. People talk up the mobile characters like Teemo and Rammus but any character can really get to a point that needs capping/defending in just a few seconds.

It's just that first cap I think is important

It's a huge advantage to have minions spawning and that turret on your side when it's time to fight for it. It's not like im bring boots to a level 1 fight at blue buff. I'm getting under a league of legends tower with a tower steroid summoner with the rest of my team coming up just as fast as the enemy.

but yeah could be bad as time goes on but as of right now I didn't even die up top. As far as first impressions go I think it won me my games.(created a huge gap just holding the initial 3 points)

Maybe so, Rayven. I'll have to play more. I will say that I don't really like the idea of needing to roll with a partner to be effective, because I feel like the game moves too fast and there are too many situations where you're going to be alone even if you're trying not to be.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
A champion who I saw really do well on Dominion that a lot of people don't really bring up is Wukong. Very strong in team fights, one on ones, good at sneaking away to grab health packs and has good interrupt on points with his multiple target spells.

Neki

Dance In My Blood said:
A champion who I saw really do well on Dominion that a lot of people don't really bring up is Wukong. Very strong in team fights, one on ones, good at sneaking away to grab health packs and has good interrupt on points with his multiple target spells.
everytime I use a skill on Wukong, I'm just going to keep saying cya.

cya.

J-Rzez

So I want to buy a new champion. I've taken an affinity to ranged classes. I've played Cat, MF, and Trist thus far. How's "Vayne" overall? Seems to be a real glass canon.

Ferrio

Banned
J-Rzez said:
So I want to buy a new champion. I've taken an affinity to ranged classes. I've played Cat, MF, and Trist thus far. How's "Vayne" overall? Seems to be a real glass canon.

Is leblanc a ranged class? Fuck she totally raped us last night. 2 hit kills.

Neki

Ferrio said:
Is leblanc a ranged class? Fuck she totally raped us last night. 2 hit kills.
the key to beating leblanc is surviving 20 minutes.

too bad dominions games last under 30 minutes on average, amirite?

Yeah. I think Leblanc might be good, but like I said, you never really get ahead of people. She's mobile, dishes out tons of damage and is great in small fights, though.

Neki

not enough reel tawk in here. the only person I might put below Karma as a hero is Skarner. and skarner really sucks. but at least he has a semi-reliable disable.

Ferrio

Banned
Ultimoo said:
not enough reel tawk in here. the only person I might put below Karma as a hero is Skarner. and skarner really sucks. but at least he has a semi-reliable disable.

Why would you put her so low?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Teknopathetic said:

In general I feel like most casters might need radically different builds from normal to work in Dominion. Maybe something crazy like more Hybrid/AD, using abilities for their effects and extra damage rather than relying on them.
Didn't think she would be good to begin with. She is not a very strong caster, but the key with her has always been a quick 1-2(QE), followed by laser which takes off a very large chuck of health quickly. The problem is she has no follow up to it. Its why she is a poor carry, but a great duo partner. Fantastic at setting up teams or punishing teams who bunch up. Easily ignorable, once she does her combo. The ones who will preform better are the ones who can maintain a higher level of burst or more overtime damage. I expect ones like Aki to do well, same with LeBlac, while I still think Annie/Brand will do well enough even with the long ults. They can still blow the shit out of most characters.

Add in mana problems, no heal, etc.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ultimoo said:
I'll prove you guys wrong, don't worry. I've carried baddies with Lux, Dominion won't be no different!
I could probably do it too, but its similar to when I play Lux in normal. I can feel that bar I peak out on when playing her. Compared to other carries who can continually go through teams.

Neki

shintoki said:
I could probably do it too, but its similar to when I play Lux in normal. I can feel that bar I peak out on when playing her. Compared to other carries who can continually go through teams.
I know that feel bro. the laser just stops killing, and just starts tickling. that's why I switched to Orianna, because hard cc never tickles.

Blizzard

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I know that feel bro. the laser just stops killing, and just starts tickling. that's why I switched to Orianna, because hard cc never tickles.
I still haven't tried Orianna (I need to this week), but the best part about her is the sound effect when the ball does crowd control.

BOMP

IsayFever

Jungling this season. Hadn't gone back since lvl 15 and had enough for my wit's end and black cleaver.

prUrT.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ultimoo said:
Even with 20 stacks Mejai, Deathcap, and Lichbane. If they survive that burst and my team can't fucking finish them(Either bad players, poor comp, etc). The other team will eventually realize it and any healer/big self-healer is such a massive counter to her burst since her normal spells don't particularly hit hard either.

I'm still trying to learn new carries. My Cait and Ashe are great for the needed AD. I can play any of the tanky melee/tanks well enough now. But my jungle and AP carries are still big question marks. I haven't found an AP carry that clicks yet(Going to try Aki and Brand next, I'm actually decide with Annie, but she just doesn't flow with me).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, Dominion is out? I'll have to play later tonight. I'll have to get in queue before I leave though.

Edit: Aw, it was just a 2 hour beta :/

Ultimoo said:

How is Tristana not the worst champion? Never seen anyone play her and her ult is awkward.

Neki

FutureZombie said:
How is Tristana not the worst champion? Never seen anyone play her and her ult is awkward.
wat. trist is a popular pick in competitive play, she's no caitlyn, but she's still decent. increased attack range + attack speed steroid? yes sir!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just came off a ranked game with Trist and had twice as much CS as everyone else. She's amazing. Love to go early Madred's on her.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
She's the best early game AD pusher next to Caitlyn.

She has far more ganking power though. Rocket -> Ignite -> Buster -> Win.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ultimoo said:
you forgot about explosive shot.
I meant explosive shot actually. I just think of it as ignite on a stick because it is.

lol I'm tired.

Ark

EU West has been down most of the entire day, so we went onto EU Nordic & East and I learned that Taric & Blitzcrank in bottom lane is so full of win.

Ultimoo said:

No offense man, and I mean this, but what the fuck are you talking about?

Saying this while trying to pimp lux as a better champ is ludicrous.

Lux can get kills, kills that were already going to be kills, she can snare, and her shield is alright.

Karma's heal is % based, already better than lux.
Karma's dmg output as a carry is higher.
Karma's role in teamfights is much more important and is able to do much more.
Karma can make teamfights last and has better spell management.

Come at me bro

Neki

heal is based on mantra, lol. you can throw one of those bad boys out every 20 seconds, unless you plan on doing it with both mantra charges, meaning you'll have no damage on your shield, just a base 135 heal, plus maybe 8% of their health. however, if you're hitting all of your allies, that means you're clumping, and you're stupid, because you're going to get blown up by orianna/brand/annie/amumu/nunu/any other aoe hero. so you make the conscious choice to damage most of their team, or heal or two of your guys.
karma's damage output is also based on the ability to make enemy heroes cross a line, meaning while you're moving, you're not auto attacking.
I'll concede her shield is decent, but Lux's shield is so much better.

what does better spell management even mean? are you just making up terms to sound smart or something?

Lux can get kills, kills that were already going to be kills, she can snare, and her shield is alright.
Brand can get kills, kills that were already going to be kills.

this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard all day. at the very least, Lux get kills that normally aren't kills because of the huge range on her ultimate, and the low cooldown. Lux also has insane burst, that can be applied to multiple heroes.

Ultimoo said:
wat. trist is a popular pick in competitive play, she's no caitlyn, but she's still decent. increased attack range + attack speed steroid? yes sir!

I think the increased attack range is very misleading because her attack range at the beginning of the game is so poor. I'm sure there are people who are great with her (skill >>>>>>>> champion in this game) but I've never seen anyone play her well and in fact, she's usually dead last in kills.

I could see her being good at the end of games and being able to backdoor, but I don't see how she is a good pusher.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think the increased attack range is very misleading because her attack range at the beginning of the game is so poor. I'm sure there are people who are great with her (skill >>>>>>>> champion in this game) but I've never seen anyone play her well and in fact, she's usually dead last in kills.

I could see her being good at the end of games and being able to backdoor, but I don't see how she is a good pusher.

Yeah that basically sums her up

She's one of the strongest AD carries late game but her early game is really poor. Which is why you don't see people do well with her in pubs.

"I could see her being good at the end of games and being able to backdoor, but I don't see how she is a good pusher."

Passive AOE evaporates creep waves, attack speed steroid evaporates towers.

What else do you need to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom