• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The more I play Dominion the less I like it. Very stale mode already, and I've only put in like 10 games.

Everyone picks the same champions. Everyone goes the same routes. The fights around the points aren't interesting enough to make up for how dull the actual map is, and there aren't enough entryways to points to create a range of encounters.

It's like someone poured millions upon millions of dollars into converting Big Donut from Mario Kart into a League of Legends map.
SteveO409 said:
I don't care about any other game releases this year Dominion is the game mode of forever! I played so many close call games and noticed less rage from people since games are so short if its a stompfest
I have a sneaking suspicion that the games are usually close because the mode is fixed to tilt the board in the losing teams favor. It gives things a very artificial feel.

Blizzard

Banned
2th said:
Yeah Akali is absolutely broken as fuck in Dominion. Like she has to be banned.
Akali is the worst champion, because sometimes I'll be in Mumble and I'll be like

"ack a lie just murdered me :("

And they'll be all noooo, it's a collie, a COLLIE, and then I'll immediately forget and say ack a lie. :(

Dance In My Blood said:
The more I play Dominion the less I like it. Very stale mode already, and I've only put in like 10 games.

It's a nice distraction between normal games but I don't have the same hyped feeling for it most do.

dimb

2th said:
Yeah Akali is absolutely broken as fuck in Dominion. Like she has to be banned.
The funniest thing about it is how many new Dominion exclusive items were designed as a means of trying to keep her in check, because she's so absurdly broken.

Ferny

Ark said:
I actually agree with Dance, it's a fun game mode, but it gets very tedious very quickly.
I just don't see how it can be tedious. The games end so quickly and even with just a small amount of teamwork, the games are almost always close.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ferny said:
I just don't see how it can be tedious. The games end so quickly and even with just a small amount of teamwork, the games are almost always close.

That's precisely why it's so boring

The games are ALWAYS close

I played more today and it just seems like nothing you do at the beginning matters.

Everyone progresses at the same rate and items are essentially given out for free, so as long as both teams are exchanging points the games will always come down to the wire.

It's like the exact opposite of SR.

Blizzard

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
To be quite honest Raven, It would be cool if the health of the nexus was extended by some amount.

Or at least an option.

... I like longer games >.>
Dear Rayven,

I like shorter games. I have longed for a mode that lasted 15-20 minutes. Bot games are nice in this regard.

Clearly, you should listen to me rather than this Legato.Reborn crazy person. =D

Blizzard said:
Dear Rayven,

I like shorter games. I have longed for a mode that lasted 15-20 minutes. Bot games are nice in this regard.

Clearly, you should listen to me rather than this Legato.Reborn crazy person. =D

I said an option is okay.. >.>

I just like getting full builds on my champs...

I dunno it's weird.

"I played more today and it just seems like nothing you do at the beginning matters."

What happened to rushing top and capping with Teemo to win the whole game?

Do it Riot, do it.

tumblr_lprdappywn1qkjfsyo1_500.png

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Teknopathetic said:
"I played more today and it just seems like nothing you do at the beginning matters."

What happened to rushing top and capping with Teemo to win the whole game?

I listened to you and bought damage instead

Kennen beat me top. Then they created like an 80 point gap holding 3 towers

but we won in the end capping all 5 towers because it's Dominion

great mode

Ark

Ferny said:

Because you require at least three of the five towers to cap for points.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Dominion. What I should have said is that it's going to get very repetitive eventually, moreso than classic imo. Personally, I feel that the games should be 'slowed down' and made longer.

Blizzard

Banned
Ark said:
Because you require at least three of the five towers to cap for points.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Dominion. What I should have said is that it's going to get very repetitive eventually, moreso than classic imo. Personally, I feel that the games should be 'slowed down' and made longer.
Don't we have 5v5 and 3v3 with draft and blind and ranked if you want 40-75 minute games? ;_;

I love that keyboard cat Sona picture.

Ark

Blizzard said:
Don't we have 5v5 and 3v3 with draft and blind and ranked if you want 40-75 minute games? ;_;

Now you're jumping too far ahead ;)

I feel that the games should last 30 minutes, instead of 15-20.

"but we won in the end capping all 5 towers because it's Dominion

great mode"

I'm not sure why you think a game based around capturing and defending points should be determined by who gets to the points first. It sounds like you think there should be some rigid "win" strategy and the fact that just capturing 3 points first doesn't guarantee you a win is a problem which is pretty silly.

Retro_ said:
I listened to you and bought damage instead

Kennen beat me top. Then they created like an 80 point gap holding 3 towers

but we won in the end capping all 5 towers because it's Dominion

great mode

It doesn't seem like you are enjoying early dominion.

Dominion so far is... interesting? Maybe? I've had the most success as Jarvan and basically going full tank. My attempts at range AD carry have been miserable.

It just feels like team deathmatch at this point.

I played about 7-8 games and got kind of bored, to be honest.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Teknopathetic said:
"but we won in the end capping all 5 towers because it's Dominion

great mode"

I'm not sure why you think a game based around capturing and defending points should be determined by who gets to the points first. It sounds like you think there should be some rigid "win" strategy and the fact that just capturing 3 points first doesn't guarantee you a win is a problem which is pretty silly.

My problem isn't with capping 3 points at start =/= win. My problem is that capping 3 points at start = nothing.

In SR if I'm farming good, that means something later in the game. If I'm getting kills that means something later in the game. If I'm winning my lane and taking towers and my team is winning dragon that means something later in the game. If I'm denying my opponent these things, that also means something. It doesn't mean you win but it certainly means a significant advantage, so those things are worth working for.

Nothing like that exists in Dominion. The majority of experience and gold(and as a result, items) are given for free to all players evenly at an equal rate. The reward for getting kills and punishment for death is minimal.

The only thing that matters is capping points. and even that doesn't matter until the end since for the most part as long as both teams are exchanging points constantly(which is going to happen unless one team is completely playing like shit) the games stay even.

I just don't find that interesting. Like I keep saying maybe the game will evolve into something compelling when someone breaks it down, but at the moment I just don't see it.
They removed just about every element that skill had an impact on in LoL and I don't see a strategy stronger than "hey im losing this point nothing I can do let me just go BD cap another point". Especially with everyone being on such an even playing field for the most part.

It doesn't seem like you are enjoying early dominion.

I want to see the fun everyone else does

but I don't :x

Door2Dawn

Banned
Dominion favors faceroll melee DPS champs and tanky DPS far too much. There's literally no point in picking a ranged DPS or AP champ because they all get focused down.

Neki

Door2Dawn said:
Dominion favors faceroll melee champs and tanky DPS far too much. There's literally no point in picking a ranged DPS or AP champ because they all get focused down.
orianna can do a good job of fightign off melee dps. but the nerf on her q really hurts her defending skills. :(

Ultimoo said:
orianna can do a good job of fightign off melee dps. but the nerf on her q really hurts her defending skills. :(

Ap sion also rocks pretty well. I want to try kassadin, I think burst mages will do a lot better than sustained damage.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Door2Dawn said:
Dominion favors faceroll melee DPS champs and tanky DPS far too much. There's literally no point in picking a ranged DPS or AP champ because they all get focused down.

Yeah p much

Garen Akali and Jax so strong

Anyone good at 1v1 really

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope no one was actually expecting anything else other than tanky-dps domination in Dominion.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Halycon said:
I hope no one was actually expecting anything else other than tanky-dps domination in Dominion.
If they care about balance, then something needs to be done. Not really sure what they can do though.

Rayven

aka surume
Snap judgement ftl. We'll see how it shakes out, but ashe, cait, annie, malz, mf, ori, cass, kass have all done well internally in the right comps.

dimb

Door2Dawn said:
I stomp people as Trist.

n0b

The problem with dominion is that it seems so much more frustrating when you lose because its always a close loss and ITS EVERYBODY ELSES FAULT BECAUSE I WAS CLEARLY CAPPING THE POINTS etc.

My dream team would be something like:
Gragas
Janna
Rumble
Gangplank
Trundle/Blitzcrank/Udyr (beefy ad with

Tons of mobility and crowd control ftw.

Rayven said:
Snap judgement ftl. We'll see how it shakes out, but ashe, cait, annie, malz, mf, ori, cass, kass have all done well internally in the right comps.

Hmmmmm Ashe sounds delicious on Dominion.

And by delicious I mean arrowing people in the face.

edit: get on tonight and we'll throw down.

Spruchy

Retro_ said:
That's precisely why it's so boring

The games are ALWAYS close

I played more today and it just seems like nothing you do at the beginning matters.

Everyone progresses at the same rate and items are essentially given out for free, so as long as both teams are exchanging points the games will always come down to the wire.

It's like the exact opposite of SR.

Got a 5-0 today and won 400-0 so you're wrong!!!!

Yeah but seriously I felt Dominon wearing a little thin towards the end of today's beta run, but that might be because I played a bit before it went up and I was getting stuck with retards.

dimb

I take it back. I get crushed by good tanky bruisers on Dominion as Trist. : /

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Spruchy said:
Got a 5-0 today and won 400-0 so you're wrong!!!!

Yeah but seriously I felt Dominon wearing a little thin towards the end of today's beta run, but that might be because I played a bit before it went up and I was getting stuck with retards.

Did the other team fall asleep?

Legato.Reborn- said:
Played 5-6 solo's and it is no doubt frustrating

Played(ing) 3-5 mans and it is AWESOME.

maybe that's my problem I've only played solos

eznark

Banned
One dominion match in, seems fun. Kind of dragged since it was 5v4 and we held on despite being down a man.

First game with Mord. Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom