• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubbedinenglish said:
Ap sion also rocks pretty well. I want to try kassadin, I think burst mages will do a lot better than sustained damage.

Had a Kassadin yesterday in my team in Dominion and he absolutely destroyed everybody.

That being said... I agree a bit that Dominion is a bit "weak" and all fights seem to be close. There isn't an exponential gain, like in normal mode, for teams that are slightly better.

If your team is a lot better in normal mode, you will slaughter them and you will win in Dominion.
If your team is only slightly better in normal mode, you will win but it will be almost a draw in Dominion.

Now maybe this is what they intended to do. A shorter, more fun mode with less tactics, but it is not pushing the right buttons for me. Also it lacks the traditional roles (tank/dps/support) IMHO. Tanks do well, but they are not really necessary. Support... well... mostly useless IMHO.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Why did nobody tell me Akali is FUN AS HELL HOLY SHIT OMG

troUr.jpg

<33333333333

Bulzeeb

brian! said:
kog maw surprisingly awesome in dominion!

this, I main Kog and so far I've had good scores overall also, my brothers uses twtich as his main and he has been getting 1st place in most of the games

Dominion requires that you rethink traditional roles of tank/dps/caster, and what good/bad positioning are. We haven't figured it out yet, but we've also only had two sessions to play through.

And it is a very nice supplement. Won't replace Summoner's Rift, but that wasn't the point in the first place.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Dominion requires that you rethink traditional roles of tank/dps/caster, and what good/bad positioning are. We haven't figured it out yet, but we've also only had two sessions to play through.

And it is a very nice supplement. Won't replace Summoner's Rift, but that wasn't the point in the first place.

I first said it got boring after a handful, but it actually ended up being pretty fun when I played it a bit more. Yeah, it won't replace SR, but it's still is a fun time-waster on the side.

Dooraven

Dominion is really awesome, however I think stealthed champions are slightly overpowered on the map, but the incoming stealth rework should fix that. Anivia is soo awesome at point defence on this map too.

Merovin

Dooraven said:
Dominion is really awesome, however I think stealthed champions are slightly overpowered on the map, but the incoming stealth rework should fix that. Anivia is soo awesome at point defence on this map too.

Anivia is just awesome!

I am now the owner of Kog'Maw. I played three intermediate games for practice and went AD the first time, AP the other two times. I really like him both ways (whereas TF I only like AP). I think I prefer him AP, though.

I also really seem to like all the squishy characters =/

Mothman91

FlightOfHeaven said:
Can't wait till I get Anivia in the Champion Pack. I've really wanted to try her out, even bad Anivia players are scary.
Have you emailed them about that yet? I emailed them once the mac beta was done and I haven't even heard back from them yet.

Neki

dragonlife said:
I am now the owner of Kog'Maw. I played three intermediate games for practice and went AD the first time, AP the other two times. I really like him both ways (whereas TF I only like AP). I think I prefer him AP, though.

I also really seem to like all the squishy characters =/

good, good.

let the ap carrying consume you.

Oh hey, the chat channel is getting more useful as it goes on. I no longer have to run around organizing games, which is a blessing.

Mothman91 said:
Have you emailed them about that yet? I emailed them once the mac beta was done and I haven't even heard back from them yet.

Nope, they said end of September. Thus, I am waiting until the end of September.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Dominion is so much fun! But it's kind of annoying if you don't have a premade team and/or TS/mumble/vent. The action is so fast paced, that typing and pinging just isn't enough.

CI5UH.jpg

I love playing a game where every member of the team does really, really well. Also, after kicking butt in a team fight, some one said "Epic Morgana" for the first time to me! :3

Although, we were all saying that about everyone.

You guys won because you played as a team. Look at your assists.

I always look at team assists after a game is over. It's a good indicator of how well they fought together.

seipherzero

Neo Member
guys... LoL is considered to be of the MOBA genre right?

What other game has a multitude of "champions" with four abilities and a passive...

POKEMON! A pokemon MOBA or a LoL pokemon- style game. Summoner! Gather the champions and battle!

Anyways, just a random thought.

brian!

seipherzero said:

What other game has a multitude of "champions" with four abilities and a passive...

POKEMON! A pokemon MOBA or a LoL pokemon- style game. Summoner! Gather the champions and battle!

would love this so much

Blizzard

Banned
Well, that explains why we just had an Alistar vs. Alistar game, both with that skin. It was so rude, people were getting headbutted and uppercut and flying everywhere.

Apparently it's a really bulky skin though, so Bindww figured he should use something else. I guess it makes you easy to target.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:
Well, that explains why we just had an Alistar vs. Alistar game, both with that skin. It was so rude, people were getting headbutted and uppercut and flying everywhere.

Apparently it's a really bulky skin though, so Bindww figured he should use something else. I guess it makes you easy to target.
You are the tank as Alistar. People are supposed to target you.

KJTB

seipherzero said:

I'd pay for this, seriously :D

mucking around and got myself to lvl 16 with Ryze, Cho'Gath and the tanks when they're free to play....

got the normal love/hate relationship with the game and I want to support these guys with a 35 euro purchase but the horrible community is blocking me....

should I waste my dugnads on this or just exploit them for the fantastic free service they are?

red_13th said:
LOL Blitz is ridiculously fun on Dominion too, he's the most fun champ to play IMO.

when he's on my team the grab is a thing of beauty to behold...

when some dick snatches me from the bushes; good Lord I hate that OP shit!

Bjern Fita said:
mucking around and got myself to lvl 16 with Ryze, Cho'Gath and the tanks when they're free to play....

got the normal love/hate relationship with the game and I want to support these guys with a 35 euro purchase but the horrible community is blocking me....

should I waste my dugnads on this or just exploit them for the fantastic free service they are?

Why not play with GAF, my good man?

FlightOfHeaven said:
Why not play with GAF, my good man?

does Euro GAF have room for an unreliable family man with a job?

and I rage the fuck out about those that can't at least get the basics down...

we still good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom