• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Dubbedinenglish said:
Do it Riot, do it.

tumblr_lprdappywn1qkjfsyo1_500.png

No, just no, what the hell are they doing to my Sona :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Also a boss on Dominion: Malphite. I don't think I've seen anyone but me play him though.

dimb

Draft Mode Dominion. Last pick. My turn comes up and nobody has banned or picked Gangplank. Well okay guys.

c2d8c0d3867700d5e77f0b2e8f469502c5b9952e.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I need help. Dominion just has a bunch of people typing not gg, but gggg and ggggggggggg and stuff. Why? Why is there a red lightning bolt crystal in the middle of the map? Clicking it did nothing. Why is 450-500 running speed for gangplank so slow? Feels slooooow. Scrolling the camera feels weird with this mode. :( So weird! Like, I have autocamera off and it's still weird.

How do you neutralize a tower? What does it mean?

I AM SO LOST

Blizzard said:
I need help. Dominion just has a bunch of people typing not gg, but gggg and ggggggggggg and stuff. Why?

No reason.

Why is there a red lightning bolt crystal in the middle of the map? Clicking it did nothing.

It gives you a buff. You have to click on it once to channel, like you do when you take a tower.

Why is 450-500 running speed for gangplank so slow? Feels slooooow. Scrolling the camera feels weird with this mode.

Your problem/perception.

It means to take an enemy tower and make it "grey". You take the tower to your side when you make it green.

I AM SO LOST
That you are.

inky

Blizzard said:
Why is there a red lightning bolt crystal in the middle of the map? Clicking it did nothing.

Its a buff, you right click to capture it. There is one per team so you can't capture your enemies'.

Neutralize is when you start capturing the tower but don't go all the way (it actually shows a "neutral color" instead of a team color). As you need 3 concurrent towers to decrease the enemy's score, when you neutralize a tower no one is scoring. It helps some time as a hit and run tactic when you are down a tower or two or people are on the way to gank you.

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
It gives you a buff. You have to click on it once to channel, like you do when you take a tower.
I did that several times with the green crystal, but the red crystal near the end of the game wouldn't let me take it. I could have sworn I even tried both mouse buttons.

KJTB

just played my first dominion game as teemo and fuck yeah it was awesome. Teemo is really really powerful in dominion. The shrooms are really nice and baiting with stealth/shrooms is ridiculous.

Went 17-2-10 with 1405 points or w/e. I was 16-0 before finally dying, it was amazing :D What does the number on my picture in match history mean?

Blizzard said:
I did that several times with the green crystal, but the red crystal near the end of the game wouldn't let me take it. I could have sworn I even tried both mouse buttons.

Red belongs to the enemy team. You cannot touch it.

You don't need 3 concurrent towers to reduce the other team's points, you need 1 more tower than they have. 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 2-0, whatever, so long as you're not even.

inky

Teknopathetic said:
You don't need 3 concurrent towers to reduce the other team's points, you need 1 more tower than they have. 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 2-0, whatever, so long as you're not even.

Oh, nice to know. I guess that was fairly obvious.

CrazedProfessional said:
The community is ruining it for me.

Yeah, comes with the game I guess. People rage about everything tho, not only for "figuring out" stuff. I've had people rage at me for not chasing down a guy who is obviously baiting us into a trap in the brush, even when we were 1 tower up. Of course, when he dies to a 4 man surprise attack it is my fault for "being a pussy and not fighting".

Dipindots said:
just played my first dominion game as teemo and fuck yeah it was awesome. Teemo is really really powerful in dominion. The shrooms are really nice and baiting with stealth/shrooms is ridiculous.

Went 17-2-10 with 1405 points or w/e. I was 16-0 before finally dying, it was amazing :D What does the number on my picture in match history mean?

Some kind of point system based on how much you contribute to your team. IE killing an enemy gets you +15, neutralizing a tower is +40, shit like that.

I guess it might determine IP at the end of the game, but I have no idea.

Blizzard

Banned
inky said:
Oh, nice to know. I guess that was fairly obvious.
Yeah, this is good to know. And someone told me ingame about the crystals being for teams, thanks. Lost the first game, crushed by like 300 points? Won the second game in 25+ minutes maybe?

The map is really spawn campy, like the paths down to the map are single file with no protection. Had 2 games in a row where the enemy just capped the lower left point and just sat there camping our spawn. It was really unbreakable.

dimb

CrazedProfessional said:
The map is really spawn campy, like the paths down to the map are single file with no protection. Had 2 games in a row where the enemy just capped the lower left point and just sat there camping our spawn. It was really unbreakable.
How? You should have fast respawns and full health compared to them with the ability to run away back into base.

Your teams just sound terrible.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I shouldn't have played ranked. Its back to 40-50 gains. So basically two losses with three people crying on my team.

>_>

Going be another under 1000 climb again like last time sadly. And its not like I can get away with Janna wins again, since every mother fucker has to play support now, and pick the goddamn Soraka and completely suck with her. Feel my rage!

Uchip

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:

what?

FlightOfHeaven said:
The number is your "rank" in game. If you got a #1, then you were the best on your team.

well thats good to know since i got the gold1 three of the four games i played

Dance In My Blood said:
How? You should have fast respawns and full health compared to them with the ability to run away back into base.

Your teams just sound terrible.

Both games had a Garen and a Nidalee.

Basically just heal the tank and patrol each entrance with your team, since the exits are narrow single file paths it's a very similar situation to a Demoman camping spawn in TF2.

Uchip

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:

Basically just heal the tank and patrol each entrance with your team, since the exits are narrow single file paths it's a very similar situation to a Demoman camping spawn in TF2.

i actually dont see how camping spawns would benefit you in any way

Blizzard

Banned
How are you people saying these games are close? We just had a pro gaf prearranged team and got crushed by like 243 points. I was second on the team with gangplank, and I did nothing but die horribly and not help much, basically. Our dr mundo was on the bottom with 1/10/2. ;_;

dimb

CrazedProfessional said:

I literally do not understand how a team could get stuck in spawn. They aren't going to have a farm advantage. You can just run back to safety if you ever get close to dying and come back right away with full health. They have nothing on their side in this situation. It isn't like TF2 with Demomen at all because that's an instant kill that can't be countered by the team being camped. In Dominion just walk in and out trading blows until your infinite health, base, and safe zone gives you the obvious upper hand. Should take like 15 seconds. Nobody but the absolute worst teams of all time should be getting trapped in their base.

Uchip

Banned
Blizzard said:
How are you people saying these games are close? We just had a pro gaf prearranged team and got crushed by like 243 points. I was second on the team with gangplank, and I did nothing but die horribly and not help much, basically. Our dr mundo was on the bottom with 1/10/2. ;_;

*shrugs*
something went wrong
look at my last 5 games

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got to play a quick game, had no clue who to pick, so I just went Alistar. Had a lot of fun, we would of likely won if the Heimerdinger didn't leave the game. The score was like 98/300, then I died the first time that game, and they capped all 5 points.

dominon.png

Little score thing says I was number one though.

Dance In My Blood said:
I literally do not understand how a team could get stuck in spawn. They aren't going to have a farm advantage. You can just run back to safety if you ever get close to dying and come back right away with full health. They have nothing on their side in this situation. It isn't like TF2 with Demomen at all because that's an instant kill that can't be countered by the team being camped. In Dominion just walk in and out trading blows until your infinite health, base, and safe zone gives you the obvious upper hand. Should take like 15 seconds. Nobody but the absolute worst teams of all time should be getting trapped in their base.

Ok, here's my theory.

The enemy team has bottom right, bottom left and top left captured. Now the enemy team is using bottom left as a campzone while also scouting up and down your spawn paths. If a teamfight breaks out you'd most likely lose 1 or 2 due to CC, Slows or the complete lack of breathing room/defenders advantage. Assuming you break out eventually you can either capture bottom left or top left since they are closest. By the time you capture one, the enemy team will be at the other one due to fast respawn. If you take too long to capture either then you lose. If you capture both then it's still 2-3 meaning that the enemy team can do it again just as easily.

Camping Top and Bottom Left/Right and patrolling the gap in between them just fucks up a good chance of capturing points.

Uchip

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
Ok, here's my theory.

The enemy team has bottom right, bottom left and top left captured. Now the enemy team is using bottom left as a campzone while also scouting up and down your spawn paths. If a teamfight breaks out you'd most likely lose 1 or 2 due to CC, Slows or the complete lack of breathing room/defenders advantage. Assuming you break out eventually you can either capture bottom left or top left since they are closest. By the time you capture one, the enemy team will be at the other one due to fast respawn. If you take too long to capture either then you lose. If you capture both then it's still 2-3 meaning that the enemy team can do it again just as easily.

Camping Top and Bottom Left/Right and patrolling the gap in between them just fucks up a good chance of capturing points.

you should tell riot that its broken

Boken

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
Ok, here's my theory.

Bust out as a 5 on the top left. End up killing one or two of them since they are scouting up and down and are split up. You capture the top left point incredibly fast with 5 people. Go to bottom left. its a 5v4. you kill them. Capture that point. Game has effectively reset.

dimb

CrazedProfessional said:
Ok, here's my theory.

I have no clue what you're talking about. Walking around in front of the enemies spawn is a death sentence if they're even remotely competent. The map is really big and open and there is no set order to it, it is absurdly easy to be anywhere on the map, you just have to choose to go there. Nobody should be able to stop you as long as you're taking advantage of the different inner routes.

If you are getting spawn camped by people who are at a staggering disadvantage to you then you are on a team that is beyond the worst thing I can imagine, and you should be glad you're getting spawn camped so the enemy can five cap and put your floundering team out of its misery.

Boken said:
Bust out as a 5 on the top left. End up killing one or two of them since they are scouting up and down and are split up. You capture the top left point incredibly fast with 5 people. Go to bottom left. its a 5v4. you kill them. Capture that point. Game has effectively reset.

one or two go into jungle, regroup and counter the push in top left as 5.

Boken

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
one or two go into jungle, regroup and counter the push in top left as 5.
If you dont want to fight them go take bottom right? I think youve just had a bad experience where your team had already lost and so they spawn camped you to death.

Hero

I like Dominion as it's definitely a breath of fresh air from nothing but Summoner's Rift. Not sure if it'll completely replace it but something to change it up is always welcome. I think some champions will definitely need balancing (Rammus is public enemy number one, Blitzcrank is up there too).

Also some screenshots:

Here's my very first pentakill. I really wish I could have a replay of this. My team got into a fight and lost but damaged most of them so I came by and picked off one by one. I instant killed someone with an autoattack then two people ran off and two decided to fight, ultimate and then Rake finished them off and by that time the other two who decided to flee turned around and by then it was too late, used flash and was able to pick them off with little effort.

talon_pentakill.jpg

And also since I got ravaged by an Akali in Dominion today I decided to try her out. First two games I was a little uneasy but seemingly picked it up for the third game.

akali.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom