• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MultiCore

FpWOU.jpg

So close, but so far.... /cry

Wrekt

I'm curious of the shape of Crystal Scar was always the same internally. With the circular shape, the map becomes too predictable as the 2 teams always get the same nodes and meet in the same place. I know they likely didn't want comparisons to Arathi Basin, but shaping the map like a plus sign seems like it would offer more strategic options. As it stands now, it is way too easy to defend the 2 nodes by your spawn. My games where we just defend 3 have been far more successful then when we try backdooring or pushing for 4.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
FlightOfHeaven said:
The Ionic Spark item would fare FAR better in SR than in Dominion.
Most definitely. Great team fight item, but team fights aren't too common on Dominion.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ladyboy101 said:
kassadin needs rework, badly.
1. he's mana cost is way too high. he cant even harrass untill he gets some kind of mana regen and mana boost. getting archangel's staff is a must.
2. he only has 2 abilities that can be used frequently. Q and R. his Q's cool down is way too long. his E is not up all the time, and his W is only usable at early levels (1-6).
3. he is a bad laner, and he is terrible at early game.
4. he only shines if there's teamate helping him. he cannot face any1 1v1. he can't even protect tower by himself. due to his long cool down. how could riot games labeled him as an "assassin?"
5. he gets tons of assissts, and people still blame him for Kill stealing. why? back to reason 2. his long cool downs. even with 1000 AP, his comboREWQ, wont do enough damage to kill anyone, not even AD,AP squishies. plus with that much AP he's squishy too, he can not go in next to people's face and melee with W. all he can do is back off, and let his abilities recharge.

I've come up with few ideas to make him more sustainable in lane and better at protecting tower and face people 1v1. make him a better "assassin"
1. make his Q ability cool down shorter by 50 percent. make it 4.5 sec CD instead of 9.
or
2. give the old kayle's passive to him. convert AP to AD, convert AD to AP. if you think convert AD to AP is OP then fine, just give him AP to AD. that way he can get enough melee output making his W more useful mid n late game

I think you underestimate a champion with built-in flash on a super short cd =/

Sure Kass is bad at laning, and can't even do proper harass until level 6, but he is one of the champion that once you fed him, the game is over, period.

There are no way to chase or run away from Kass, ever, so once he is fed, it is basically unstoppable.

He does have the same weakness as other assassin though, if he did not get snowball in from early gang, he can be instant kill easily (melee range paper cannon lol).

n0b

Blizzard said:
You know me too well. One day I'm gonna program a game that just says "you win", and I'll be done with everything!

And thanks for the support! <3

*edit* To be fair, I suspect you and other people who are okay with winning and losing have 50% or better win rates, and are not 40 games behind. >_>

I'm like 80-100 games behind. A lot of my best played games and a lot of my most fun games have been losses.

Blizzard

Banned
With 250-300 AD and infinity edge, I was doing UNDER 600 damage with crit shots with Caitlyn against minions. Is this normal?

n0b said:
I'm like 80-100 games behind. A lot of my best played games and a lot of my most fun games have been losses.
I stand corrected! Soon I will be like you.

AcridMeat

Banned
I finally had an awesome game, we were 4v5 too after our feeder disconnected!
Avmet.jpg

Friend just told me Vayne is banned in ranked often, which is depressing, I really like playing her.

Nome

Blizzard said:
With 250-300 AD and infinity edge, I was doing UNDER 600 damage with crit shots with Caitlyn against minions. Is this normal?

I stand corrected! Soon I will be like you.
If you have no armor pen or reduction, yeah. In LoL the crit values are exact damage, not pre-mitigation values.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just don't think Blizzard has the right play style for an AD Carry. He will run away when me and Nunu and Kassadin go to kill the Temmo who teleported in near the end of a team fight. We both expected Blizzard to be behind us, then we see him standing next to the bottom tower while we are in the middle of the map.

I think he would make a much better support with his defensive style, but even then, he seems to flee to often.

Look, he is complaining he is only doing 200 damage every shot, and trys to say "I can't kill X!", I just tell him to keep shooting, I am tanking as best I can as Nunu, and others are keeping them distracted, but he will still flee. He also continues focuses on the tanks far to much, when the squishies are in the same area. If he is blinded by temmo, juke around and try to stay close until it wears off, and fire the peacekeeper if it is up, or toss in some traps.

Also, I wasn't paying to much attention, but I think you are trying to use your net as an attack to often. A lot of the times I saw you attacking, in the middle a fight you would just net the enemy, pushing you away from then, and they could get away easier.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
First time Brand. 10/3/5. Though I'm sure its not even a fair fight against Anivia.

I never once seen a Vayne banned in rank.

Ladyboy101 said:
kassadin needs rework, badly.
1. he's mana cost is way too high. he cant even harrass untill he gets some kind of mana regen and mana boost. getting archangel's staff is a must.
2. he only has 2 abilities that can be used frequently. Q and R. his Q's cool down is way too long. his E is not up all the time, and his W is only usable at early levels (1-6).
3. he is a bad laner, and he is terrible at early game.
4. he only shines if there's teamate helping him. he cannot face any1 1v1. he can't even protect tower by himself. due to his long cool down. how could riot games labeled him as an "assassin?"
5. he gets tons of assissts, and people still blame him for Kill stealing. why? back to reason 2. his long cool downs. even with 1000 AP, his comboREWQ, wont do enough damage to kill anyone, not even AD,AP squishies. plus with that much AP he's squishy too, he can not go in next to people's face and melee with W. all he can do is back off, and let his abilities recharge.

I've come up with few ideas to make him more sustainable in lane and better at protecting tower and face people 1v1. make him a better "assassin"
1. make his Q ability cool down shorter by 50 percent. make it 4.5 sec CD instead of 9.
or
2. give the old kayle's passive to him. convert AP to AD, convert AD to AP. if you think convert AD to AP is OP then fine, just give him AP to AD. that way he can get enough melee output making his W more useful mid n late game

As a Kass player I would disagree with most of this.

1. With mana regen runes and 1 point is E at 4 is fine. You should only run into harass problems if you are rift walking and silencing (depends on the enemy).

2. He is a burst mage, not a sustained damaged. The R-Q- W combo is enough to heavily damage someone and get away before they can react. With Kass it is more about positioning and timing.

3. Kass is a slow burner yes, but he scales extremely well. Just surviving until lvl 6 and you are able to go on aggressive footing. He's a great laner too W-E will mop up waves. Also charging his W with lvl 1 Rs and E's should always keep you at 4 stacks for W.

4. I mid as him all the time. He will eat any mage and with a bit of strategy he can do well against AD carries. Also he is amazing at a 1v1 vs any mage (reason why you get cleanse). He can pursue with stacking rift walks and his passive. Vs Ad again it comes down to timing your burst. Also the damage from E works against towers too.

5. Get Mejai. Get Mejai. You rack up assists with W and turn that into ap. Time your busts and get kills. His sole purpose in a team fight is to silence and burst down their carry to take them out of the fight. Then pursue the low health runners. Also I've had 1k AP with Kass, everyone dies. Everyone dies.

I agree though with reworking his passive. It should lower cooldown and convert to AP. Also movement and AP is fine too, just attack speed seems very useless.

Nome

Is Cass beatable in lane?

I have to say, I am infinitely more frustrated with the balancing here than in HoN or DotA. The burst is smaller, but the annoyance factor of spamming is through the roof. People complain about someone like Deadwood or Pebbles in HoN, but the fact of the matter is, a 400 gold/550 gold item will save you from dying to a combo. In LoL there's nothing of that sort.

kiunchbb said:
I think you underestimate a champion with built-in flash on a super short cd =/

Sure Kass is bad at laning, and can't even do proper harass until level 6, but he is one of the champion that once you fed him, the game is over, period.

There are no way to chase or run away from Kass, ever, so once he is fed, it is basically unstoppable.

He does have the same weakness as other assassin though, if he did not get snowball in from early gang, he can be instant kill easily (melee range paper cannon lol).
cant run away? i dont think so, have you tried chasing DPS champs with some lifesteal? they just fight back then I got melted.
EX: xin, yi, GP
also I get snowballed all the time with him, but still can't lead my team to victory. he just cant push tower or defend tower on his own.

apftb4.png

Nome said:
I have to say, I am infinitely more frustrated with the balancing here than in HoN or DotA. The burst is smaller, but the annoyance factor of spamming is through the roof. People complain about someone like Deadwood or Pebbles in HoN, but the fact of the matter is, a 400 gold/550 gold item will save you from dying to a combo. In LoL there's nothing of that sort.

Elaborate, please. I am interested in hearing your thoughts.

dimb

Nome said:
Is Cass beatable in lane?
Yes. With the slight range nerfs to Brand and Ori, Cass now has one of best reaches for a champion in mid. She's far from perfect though. Even though she has good range on her poke/harass she has to move in pretty close to really start dealing a good amount of damage. Because of this she can be very vulnerable to champions with stun, so mids like Annie, Brand, or Twisted Fate can really punish her and lock her down when she gets into range to really attack. If she isn't able to spam her abilities once a fight starts she can't really get going.

She's also pretty mana intensive and has no good means of sustain, so as long as you can keep moving to dodge her noxious blast you should be able to stay in lane longer than her. Her passive is going to tempt the player to spam on you any time they get a hit in, so keep your distance if she gets a Q off.

I don't think she's a great champ really. She is very squishy, which is counter-intuitive to her damage over time attacks, and she doesn't really have the escape mechanisms or range to stay far away enough from the enemy team when things get crazy. She is also countered really hard by Quicksilver Sash, which is probably going to get a lot more popular in the meta game soon. Anti-mages like Morgana and Kass will tear her apart in lane too. She's fun to play though, I'll give her that.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Cass is the AP version of Urgot. Her range is brutal and the combo is a bitch early game since you only start with 4-5 bars anyways.

Take boots and 3 pots. Have her lane against someone who has large enough range, to make her advances obvious. Someone with stronger burst. Or when in doubt. Morde or Garen up in this bitch.

Inskipp said:
With boots and 3 pots it's pretty easy, just dont get jumped by her ult.

I don't seem to share your problem. (I won that game in case you're wondering.)
i am pretty sure that's not your average game with him.
with that many kills, the other team gotta be easy noobs.
with the number of assissts im pretty sure you didnt do all the work either.

i want him to be able to help out the team, go in and do damage, not just hit and run

just played one game with snowball items. i admit it, i didnt to all the work.
6yl0tu.png

Inskipp

Ladyboy101 said:
i am pretty sure that's not your average game with him.
with that many kills, the other team gotta be easy noobs
Well, I had a good early game, so I pretty much started to press my advantage. As for enemy player skill, you can be the judge of that. (It's a LoL- replay file)

But I guess what I'm trying to say is that just because you're not achieving your goals with a certain champion, doesn't mean the champion in question is flawed. It just means that the champion is probably not meant for you.

Kassadin for instance, is not a dps-carry. He will most likely lose an equal fight against any sustained dps carry. That's not how you set up fights as Kassadin though. He is a burst- assassin who excels on cleaning up fights and can contribute to fights with massive burst. He is a very mobile champion thanks to his ult, so he can move around the map very freely, making him an ideal ganker.

My playstyle in the match I linked revolved around the description I just layed out. I did my part, but I probably would not have accomplished it without fiddles jungling skills. Whenever I also ganked a lane, my teammates were on the ball and responded with appropriate force, leading to success. So no matter how powerful you get with Kass, you're still team- dependant.

TLDR Pick a champ more suited for you, and learn to teamplay.

Last person in should feel obligated to choose a champ based on what the team needs. I hate having to change my character at the last second cause some douche chose a redundant character and now we have no tank or range, so I have to play that for the good of the team. Last person to choose has that responsibility, imo.

seipherzero

Neo Member
Had two games in a row with leavers. My first game, our Soraka left at level 7 because the Nunu bot with her was doing bad. The second game, our trist and cho left at level 7. Motherfckers. Hope my next game doesnt have anyone leaving.. this is really pissing me off.

Mothman91

FutureZombie said:
Last person in should feel obligated to choose a champ based on what the team needs. I hate having to change my character at the last second cause some douche chose a redundant character and now we have no tank or range, so I have to play that for the good of the team. Last person to choose has that responsibility, imo.
Same shit man, I always have to pick last because some people don't know how team balance works. If i'm lucky, I can pick between a AD or AP hero, but usually, I'm left with picking a tank or jungler for the last spot.

eznark

Banned
I pick based on who I like playing. Generally Galio, Zil or Kayle. What other champions should I familiarize myself with should the need arise?

i play just like you except i dont have a team. i play solo.

Inskipp said:
So no matter how powerful you get with Kass, you're still team- dependant.
my point is to change that. please take a look at other assassin class champs.

whats your runes and musteries?

dimb

eznark said:
I pick based on who I like playing. Generally Galio, Zil or Kayle. What other champions should I familiarize myself with should the need arise?
Probably someone who can jungle.

Inskipp

Ladyboy101 said:
my point is to change that. please take a look at other assassin class champs.
As I mentioned, if a certain champs cons appear over his pros, you might want to consider switching to another champ :)

However I don't think any assassin can be "independent". I mean if you make a noticable presence, the enemy team will just start focusing you (which is the complete opposite of what you should be doing)

Frankly you sound like you'd rather be playing someone like Nidalee.
Ladyboy101 said:
whats your runes and musteries?
Flat AP quints, Mpen red, scaling mana-reg yellow and flat AP blues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, jungling as Nunu, what kind of build do you all suggest to build into late game? Right now, I am mainly just becoming super tanky, getting stuff like Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, Sunfire Cape, Aegis of the Legion (Mainly mixing up which items I get depending on who I feel will be the biggest source of damage. I tend to aim for Frozen Heart in most games, unless AD damage is minimal), and sticking to Merc Treads for boots. I'll pick up a gold per 10 if my jungling gets messed up, but so far things seem to go good.

My main idea is, I only have 2 damaging attacks, and one of them is rarely good as an attack. But, what I can do being super tanky is walk into a group of enemies, ult, withstand the attack, and cause the enemy to ether retreat if I am defending, split up, or focus on me while the rest of the team wails away.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
I just don't think Blizzard has the right play style for an AD Carry. He will run away when me and Nunu and Kassadin go to kill the Temmo who teleported in near the end of a team fight. We both expected Blizzard to be behind us, then we see him standing next to the bottom tower while we are in the middle of the map.

I think he would make a much better support with his defensive style, but even then, he seems to flee to often.

Look, he is complaining he is only doing 200 damage every shot, and trys to say "I can't kill X!", I just tell him to keep shooting, I am tanking as best I can as Nunu, and others are keeping them distracted, but he will still flee. He also continues focuses on the tanks far to much, when the squishies are in the same area. If he is blinded by temmo, juke around and try to stay close until it wears off, and fire the peacekeeper if it is up, or toss in some traps.

Also, I wasn't paying to much attention, but I think you are trying to use your net as an attack to often. A lot of the times I saw you attacking, in the middle a fight you would just net the enemy, pushing you away from then, and they could get away easier.
Thanks for the input. I would like to think that I use my net to escape, to slow enemies as a way of protecting my teammates, to chase, or as part of the Q-W burst sometimes when I want to move back. I may be wrong though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
FutureZombie said:
The difficult ones are always the "YOU NEED TO JUNGLE AND TANK!", So I can play useless, no CC damage dealer.

I like Tanking as Jarv or Anumu, I prefer not to jungle though it seems like I'm actually not a bad one compared to most people. I'm just not an efficient early ganker.

shintoki said:
The difficult ones are always the "YOU NEED TO JUNGLE AND TANK!", So I can play useless, no CC damage dealer.

I like Tanking as Jarv or Anumu, I prefer not to jungle though it seems like I'm actually not a bad one compared to most people. I'm just not an efficient early ganker.

Another asshole is the guy who locks in right away, and then demands someone tank. I hate that guy.

I don't mind playing a tank (Singed) but I don't want to do it every game. And I would like to try some melee dps, but it's difficult to fit in when that's what most players go for right off the bat.

dimb

Drkirby said:
So, jungling as Nunu, what kind of build do you all suggest to build into late game? Right now, I am mainly just becoming super tanky, getting stuff like Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, Sunfire Cape, Aegis of the Legion (Mainly mixing up which items I get depending on who I feel will be the biggest source of damage. I tend to aim for Frozen Heart in most games, unless AD damage is minimal), and sticking to Merc Treads for boots. I'll pick up a gold per 10 if my jungling gets messed up, but so far things seem to go good.

My main idea is, I only have 2 damaging attacks, and one of them is rarely good as an attack. But, what I can do being super tanky is walk into a group of enemies, ult, withstand the attack, and cause the enemy to ether retreat if I am defending, split up, or focus on me while the rest of the team wails away.
Nunu doesn't really get many stat gains from building AP or AD, so it isn't really worth investing into anything other than tank stuff. As for tank builds on him, I am pretty over Sunfire as a defensive item. Stats aren't great for the price, and is damage is pretty underwhelming. Randuin's Omen is kind of my go to defensive item on him right now. Also, Quicksilver Sash > Banshee's Veil. On Nunu wait for their stun/disrupt, activate the sash and then ult. Nobody goes Soul Shroud, but it is also a good item on Nunu. He needs all the mana regen he can get and CDR is one of the best things for him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
FutureZombie said:
Another asshole is the guy who locks in right away, and then demands someone tank. I hate that guy.

I don't mind playing a tank (Singed) but I don't want to do it every game. And I would like to try some melee dps, but it's difficult to fit in when that's what most players go for right off the bat.
In unranked draft, someone pulled that when we had a 4 man premade, I laughed at him and mocked him when he pulled the "i can't tank guyz!!1" card.

Also, to some extent, we "troll" with the bans. Since most of the time we aren't a full premade, but still have people with the number 1 spot, we just discus who has been giving us trouble lately, and ban him.

So, most of the time its Kennen and Xin, or other "random" people. We did once ban Karma and Sivir for laughs.

On anther note, doesn't it seem like it is always the worst person on the enemy team who at the end tries to say everyone on our team sucked?

Dance In My Blood said:
Nunu doesn't really get many stat gains from building AP or AD, so it isn't really worth investing into anything other than tank stuff. As for tank builds on him, I am pretty over Sunfire as a defensive item. Stats aren't great for the price, and is damage is pretty underwhelming. Randuin's Omen is kind of my go to defensive item on him right now. Also, Quicksilver Sash > Banshee's Veil. On Nunu wait for their stun/disrupt, activate the sash and then ult. Nobody goes Soul Shroud, but it is also a good item on Nunu. He needs all the mana regen he can get and CDR is one of the best things for him.

The one thing I would like to note, is that most of the time my ult is actually used as an initiator, or as territory denial. I haven't actually had much of an issue yet where I can't get stuff off due to stun lock, but being able to cancel a stray knockback or mushroom can be helpful.

The other stuff, I'll have to give a try, I have been thinking about building Randuin's a few times, but never got around do it. Ether the game ends early, or I decide to get something else. Sunfire cape is like a poor choice. Maybe I'll build Warmog's Armor, just to get the huge boost in HP.

Ferga

shintoki said:
Cass is the AP version of Urgot. Her range is brutal and the combo is a bitch early game since you only start with 4-5 bars anyways.

Take boots and 3 pots. Have her lane against someone who has large enough range, to make her advances obvious. Someone with stronger burst. Or when in doubt. Morde or Garen up in this bitch.

Only difference is that her damage can snowball into late game

FlightOfHeaven said:
All Garen needs is FoN, Brutalizer, and Swiftness

edit

I didn't screenshot :(
get HON, WARMOG, atma's, infinity edge and spin to win. i got a quad with that set just by spining at the center of the enemy team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom