• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swig_

Dance In My Blood said:
No, it's still Rammus.

I played a game of dominion today as Rammus.. My team was a trainwreck.. Even Rammus couldn't carry that team. I was tanking and doing as much damage as I could, but we lost teamfights repeatedly.

I'm thinking Janna or a carry would be best, if your team is that bad. If you have a premade team and a good carry, he might be one of the best, though.

Inskipp

Ladyboy101 said:
fuck, ie is not supported. what a hater
Works fine for me on FF and Chrome

Dance In My Blood said:
No, it's still Rammus.
Rammus only works well against uncoordinated teams(aka soloqueue), since they never look out for ninja cappers and always let their guard down.

I find Evelynn far more annoying personally.

Inskipp

markot said:
Teemo doesnt work on that viewer thingy >_<
Overflow of Teemo- skins was probably too much for it to handle.

E: I got it working after expanding my browser window to full screen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Inskipp said:
Rammus only works well against uncoordinated teams(aka soloqueue), since they never look out for ninja cappers and always let their guard down.

I find Evelynn far more annoying personally.
Even against a coordinated team Rammus is still the best champion in Dominion. He can pull people to and from points, lock people in to prevent escapes, which is very hard on this map while being able to easily escape from dangerous situations himself. He's also great at denying people from caps, and pressuring control points even if he's far across the map. He is also a good counter to the large number of melee bruisers that currently dominate Dominion.

Evelynn's usefulness is severely limited near control points where her invisibility becomes useless. These are the most important zones on the map and she's handicapped inside of them.

Xerath mechanic details are up by the way:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/xerath-mechanics-preview

He sounds pretty amazing, even though his name is horrendous.

red13th

Tank Soraka is fun on Dominion for defending bases. Nobody can kill her.
I go Garrison/Promote, start Boots 1 + Chain Mail + Cloth Armor, defend bot by myself (only lost once in a 2x1 vs Trynd and Mundo with two ignites). Get Glacial Shroud, then Merc Treads or Tabi (depending on the other team), Spirit Visage, Frozen Heart, then Odyn's Veil/Sunfire Cape/Raduin's Omen, depending on the other team.

She makes opponents rage, which is rather satisfying by itself. Reminds me of tanking Arathi Basin with my Disc Priest back in TBC while spamming spacebar.

Swig_

I hope someone comes out with a Dominion tier list soon. I hate choosing a champ and finding out the hard way that they're not so great for Dominion..

dimb

Kod1ak said:
I hope someone comes out with a Dominion tier list soon. I hate choosing a champ and finding out the hard way that they're not so great for Dominion..
So much of Dominion is picking the right champs. I can't help but feel like most of the battle is decided on the champion select screen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0

Everyone also discovered Leblanc is fucking overpowered as shit on Dominion now, so I see her every time I play and she just destroys everything.

Boken

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Everyone also discovered Leblanc is fucking overpowered as shit on Dominion now, so I see her every time I play and she just destroys everything.
So early game assassin champs are good on a short game mode that isn't centred around team fights? : O

: OOOOOO

Holy fucking shit, I finally got teamed up with a competent team. Before that it was 4 losses in a row on nomral, so I decided to go draft mode. Funny enough, the times I did draft I didn't read "GUYS DEFEND THESE 3 POINTS OR WE LOSE." Every single time my team would NEVER attempt to get another point. Never. It was the most boring shit I've ever played, and it happened with four different teams. Sigh.

Anyway:

NjqnV.png

Lux <3

broz0rs

my friend and I played Dominion for the first time and won. we thought it was fun, but it's something we weren't blown away by considering we played World of Warcraft for 4+ years. WoW's Arathi Basin is pretty much identical in concept to Dominion and we both agreed it's something we'd probably get bored pretty quickly. It definitely is a nice change of pace from Summoner's.

broz0rs said:
my friend and I played Dominion for the first time and won. we thought it was fun, but it's something we weren't blown away by considering we played World of Warcraft for 4+ years. WoW's Arathi Basin is pretty much identical in concept to Dominion and we both agreed it's something we'd probably get bored pretty quickly. It definitely is a nice change of pace from Summoner's.

DOES WOW HAVE AN AKALI UP YOUR BUTT EVERY SECOND OF THE GAME OR A RAMMUS ROLLING AROUND TAKING YOUR VERY BACK TOWER?

HMMM?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

IsayFever

Legato.Reborn- said:
Just raped some 5s with LoLGAF.

---

Also Rayven, I invaded your channel.

I may have spilled milk in there somewhere. I apologize in advance.

Yep, that last game was quite good. solo cho'in allnight

Sophia

game.jpg

This was one of the best games I've had in a long time. Second time I've gotten 1700 in Dominion. Was a group of friends, but we pulled off an amazing five cap comeback for the win at under 100 points.

Too bad after that I queued up solo and got the shittiest team ever. After five deaths at the start, an excessively offensive Heimer, and a Karthus that wouldn't listen I basically left. No point in playing games like that. :\

Really loving Dominion when I don't get stupid teammates, or when I que as a group.

Frozen Heart is such a good item for my Lux. It makes a big difference.

I felt so good after my last game. I chose Lux and a teammate said Lux was bad for Dominion. WELL, I SHOWED HIM.

:D

Legato.Reborn- said:
Just raped some 5s with LoLGAF.

---

Also Rayven, I invaded your channel.

I may have spilled milk in there somewhere. I apologize in advance.
What channel would this be? I love LoL streams.

Sophia

dragonlife said:
Frozen Heart is such a good item for my Lux. It makes a big difference.

i felt so good after my last game. I chose Lux and a teammate said Lux was bad for Dominion. WELL, I SHOWED HIM.

:D

Lux teamed up with a great offensive (Xin for example) is basically godlike. I've been alternating between Xin, Lux, and Nunu depending on teammates.

Swig_

Dance In My Blood said:
So much of Dominion is picking the right champs. I can't help but feel like most of the battle is decided on the champion select screen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0

Yeah, I totally agree. I just picked up Jax for Dominion. He is so angry on Dom.. lol.

unifin

Marrshu said:
. After five deaths at the start, an excessively offensive Heimer, and a Karthus that wouldn't listen I basically left. No point in playing games like that. :\

If you're that serious about solo queue you should just play it out. Sounds like you just got outplayed and/or out-team-comped. If you're the one rage-quitting in the new game mode that people are still learning, you're part of the problem, sorry.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Drkirby said:
A true snowball build, but what do you do if you get shut down early game?
Why would you go with a snowball build, if you aren't feeling the snowball? Most likely you do get a kill or two in early, realize the other team is weak, and know to pick up everything.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
shintoki said:
Why would you go with a snowball build, if you aren't feeling the snowball? Most likely you do get a kill or two in early, realize the other team is weak, and know to pick up everything.
I have seen people who do it anyway. They will ether always get the snowball items, or judge the team too soon.

Drkirby said:
I have seen people who do it anyway. They will ether always get the snowball items, or judge the team too soon.

The worst is when someone is down a bit and they buy a snowball item anyways. One guy told me that it was his best chance at coming back... that's like betting even money on a 1 out of 5 chance.

Does there exist a consistent way to counter Trynd as Kog in dominion?

It seems like exhaust is my only option. Otherwise, I melt him to 1hp and he endless rages and beats on me until I die, then use my passive to kill him. Every. Damn. Time.

Blizzard

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
Does there exist a consistent way to counter Trynd as Kog in dominion?

It seems like exhaust is my only option. Otherwise, I melt him to 1hp and he endless rages and beats on me until I die, then use my passive to kill him. Every. Damn. Time.
Run away, fight with teammates, fight under towers, have ignite, normal stuff I guess? Basically don't engage 1v1 since you're a ranged squishy slimebug if you can help it.

Boken

Banned
Lets compile a list of the strong champions on Dominion in our experience:

Rammus
Pantheon
Talon

Kassadin was kinda so so.

Azar

I've been loving Heimer on Dominion and doing really well with him. Which is cool--first time I've played him since the days he could put down five turrets at once. Having a good team is important, though--they need to understand you're primarily there to play defense and shouldn't be hauling ass through the jungle from one point to another.

Boken

Banned
Can Heimer defend 1v2 at a tower?

The problem I see with Heimer is that he buckles up and defends bottom left/right and the other team ignores him and 5v4s his team, caps the a point and one person telports/globals back to defend bottom.

That or they just go for the middle point.

Azar

Boken said:

The problem I see with Heimer is that he buckles up and defends bottom left/right and the other team ignores him and 5v4s his team, caps the a point and one person telports/globals back to defend bottom.

I've managed to 1v2 a couple times and do significant damage 1v3, but obviously sitting in one place the whole game isn't the best way to go. Sometimes being able to scare people off or delay a capture is enough.

dimb

Boken said:
Lets compile a list of the strong champions on Dominion in our experience:

Rammus
Pantheon
Talon

Kassadin was kinda so so.
Gangplank
Renekton
Nocturne
LeBlanc
Poppy
Karthus

Greg

I'm really enjoying Dominion so far because it's a nice change of pace. If you have a terrible team you can still have fun because of the constant battles, and even if you have a poor individual performance you can have a big impact on the game overall by knowing where to be positioned on the map.

Two highlights last night were coming back to win after being down 100-16, and the other was losing a game with the final score of 0-2.

All but about 2 of my dominion games:
Fr4EY.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Boken said:

Doing it wrong, no one gives a fuck about the bottom point after the game is 5 minutes in. move onto another point that is more important, bottom can be taken back in like 15 seconds

Heimer can win games, I also end up with the top score as heimer countless times WHILE DEFENDING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom