• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
AcridMeat said:
Oh Blizzard is that you I just played with?
As you saw, my predictions came true.

At any rate, fear of singed tossing me into a tower is probably secondary to fear of being forcefully molested by Udyr charging in from somewhere and not being able to outrun him.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:

At any rate, fear of singed tossing me into a tower is probably secondary to fear of being forcefully molested by Udyr charging in from somewhere and not being able to outrun him.
As Teemo? Just ward up the river to watch for ganks, run into the bush when Udyr comes along and stand still.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
As Teemo? Just ward up the river to watch for ganks, run into the bush when Udyr comes along and stand still.
I guess I forget about hiding by standing still. Usually I would be actively running when I saw Udyr coming so I wouldn't think about trying to hide. I tried Teemo a long time ago but just bought him tonight.

Blizzard said:

Blind udyr
get phage/mallet
kite all day
win

dimb

Blizzard said:
I guess I forget about hiding by standing still. Usually I would be actively running when I saw Udyr coming so I wouldn't think about trying to hide. I tried Teemo a long time ago but just bought him tonight.
His invisibility can really come in handy, and tends to be underutilized. Try to take advantage of it, because people won't expect you to.

AcridMeat

Banned
Blizzard said:

At least that Teemo after the game said I played well and that the whiny Morg was an idiot. :D

Dance In My Blood said:
His invisibility can really come in handy, and tends to be underutilized. Try to take advantage of it, because people won't expect you to.

Good players won't fall for it though. If Udyr sees you run into the bushes - but you don't come out he'll sit in there and swap to pheonix over and over until you either die or try to run. Either way you're already dead.

Swig_

Blizzard said:

Flash + Move quick. I play Teemo all the time. Also, keep wards/shrooms up if you're planning on sticking in the same area for a bit. I almost always have shrooms at entrances to the jungle and bushes.

Swig_

Freakinchair said:
Good players won't fall for it though. If Udyr sees you run into the bushes - but you don't come out he'll sit in there and swap to pheonix over and over until you either die or try to run. Either way you're already dead.

Flash + move quick.

Freakinchair said:

Indeed... invisible solo Teemo is easy kill (unless he has flash up).

Invisible teemo in group fight is usually a win though ;)

dimb

ca5f63c58b66bb1272b9eaa34cedbf06373463fe.jpg

2th

Banned
yeah Rayven... i hate you guys at Riot. I already spend too much time playing this game and now with Dominion im going to be spending more. DAMN YOU FOR MAKING SUCH GOOD VIRTUAL CRACK!!!!!

dimb

Finished my first "Dominion is out game" 450 to zero. Good way to christen the sheets.

Boken

Banned
Oh shit, sexy Katarina log in screen! Since Kat is the LoL posterchild now... why is she so "weak"?

ATM: watching HotshotGG stream. Hotshot rage has to be the funniest shit ever.

Wrekt

I finally hit level 20 this weekend. It was so depressing watch my gigantic IP pool sink into oblivion on t3 runes. It's even more depressing knowing that I probably won't get enough IP to spend on champs for another couple months.

Once you have 3 good sets of runes, you'll be done
My personal recommendation? Get T3 Runes and T1 Quints.

Once you get over that rune hump, you shouldn't have IP problems for a while. I have a pretty solid set of runes now, and about 16k IP.

seipherzero

Neo Member
My personal best game ever last night as Irelia.

ELxxf.jpg

I guess it's helped queuing up 5-man SR premades with my friends (level 30). They always yell at me for doing stupid shit, so it's helped me a lot when I solo queue and play with lower level people. I've become more aware of my surroundings, warding more, more cautious about over extending, and not trying to get stupid kills. I used to QQ a lot since I sucked shit, but getting in more practice has definitely helped. Even though I still only win 1 out of 4 solo queues, I feel like I've been playing well.

I think playing Riven a decent amount has also helped me a bit when going back to Irelia. Riven has a lot less sustain and is more squishy early on, so being more cautious with her has upped my Irelia game.

Does anyone have tips on getting CS as a melee/ close range champ when laning against a ranged champ/ champ with longer pokes?

Ark

seipherzero said:
Does anyone have tips on getting CS as a melee/ close range champ when laning against a ranged champ/ champ with longer pokes?

As Irelia? Use Q to charge in and CS and run back. Nine times out of ten they wont be able to hurt you and the mana cost is nullified because chances are you'll be spending most of your time by the turret.

Also, Aviator Irelia is best Irelia :3

seipherzero

Neo Member
Ark said:
As Irelia? Use Q to charge in and CS and run back. Nine times out of ten they wont be able to hurt you and the mana cost is nullified because chances are you'll be spending most of your time by the turret.

Also, Aviator Irelia is best Irelia :3

Thanks Ark, that's what I figured. I try to avoid csing with q, but against a ranged, I guess there's not much of a choice.

I would have agreed with you up until last week about the Aviator Irelia, but after seeing the Chinese LoL pic of her nightblade skin and some fanart... yea. I was sold (cheaper too).

ouiDh.jpg

U91pL.jpg

Ark

The Chinese artwork is fucking insane, seriously ...

Riot needs to higher some better artists. Or better yet, why can't they just use the Chinese artwork for the rest of the world?

KJTB

Just had a dominion game where we were losing 200-60 and turned it around with a 5 cap and just barely won :D Dominion is a lot of fun

Ark

Dipindots said:
Just had a dominion game where we were losing 200-60 and turned it around with a 5 cap and just barely won :D Dominion is a lot of fun

That right there is the biggest problem with Dominion imo. The fact that you need 3 towers to cap any points is a bit silly, you should always be getting points as long as you control at least one tower.

I pretty much look at Dominion as a toned down version of Arathi Basin from WoW.

Boken

Banned
seipherzero said:
It depends who you're laning against. Irelia can bully a lot of ranged champions so you should use that to your advantage. Once they're scared of you, you can force them away from the minions and you could freely farm.

broz0rs

seipherzero said:

the best thing is to understand positioning and know the opposing champs' range. Ranged champs can't be too aggressive because melee champs should be able to kill ranged once they are in.

it's unlikely you'll beat them in CS, but understand they have less room to make mistakes. stay patient, look at HP bars, and if the ranged champ overextends and a cooldown is up, pounce on him/her. melee champs deal more damage than ranged and if they are not careful they should be dead. the thing you should worry about is creep aggro and possible gank.

seipherzero

Neo Member
Boken said:
It depends who you're laning against. Irelia can pully a lot of ranged champions so you should use that to your advantage. Once they're scared of you, you can force them away from the minions and you could freely farm.

broz0rs said:
the best thing is to understand positioning and know the opposing champs' range. Ranged champs can't be too aggressive because melee champs should be able to kill ranged once they are in.

it's unlikely you'll beat them in CS, but understand they have less room to make mistakes. stay patient, look at HP bars, and if the ranged champ overextends and a cooldown is up, pounce on him/her. melee champs deal more damage than ranged and if they are not careful they should be dead. the thing you should worry about is creep aggro and possible gank.

Thanks for the pointers guys- I'll definitely keep them in mind!

Ark said:
The Chinese artwork is fucking insane, seriously ...

Riot needs to higher some better artists. Or better yet, why can't they just use the Chinese artwork for the rest of the world?

No kidding lol! That'd be great.

Inskipp

Boken said:
Oh shit, sexy Katarina log in screen! Since Kat is the LoL posterchild now... why is she so "weak"?
I don't think she's weak, I've actually seen a lot of players do well as Kata in Dominion.

Her cooldowns feel very restricting though.

The argument against the Chinese art makes me laugh.

"But it'll look like generic art!"

At least it's good generic art. I don't mind LoL developing a style of its own, but the old art... left a lot to be desired.

Finally now I'm back to playing LoL because Dominion was released. I missed playing with my friends but I was burnt on Summoner's rift. Teemo! <3

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Definitely have to say that if anyone wants to say League of Legends is "competitive", the fact that they charge you 6300IP for an addition rune page is absolute bullshit and invalidates anything of that nature.

Yup, I hit this problem so much. I have 3 pages, and have to make generic build all guides. A tank page, AP, and AD. Now I need a jungle page, and I'd like to make more specific ones for characters like Aki since she gets nothing from my Mana with AP.

Neki

shintoki said:
Definitely have to say that if anyone wants to say League of Legends is "competitive", the fact that they charge you 6300IP for an addition rune page is absolute bullshit and invalidates anything of that nature.

Yup, I hit this problem so much.

and the fact that over a span of 20 minutes, only 3 kills happen in a "pro" game make it a terrible spectator sport. that just might be flash's problem though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ultimoo said:
and the fact that over a span of 20 minutes, only 3 kills happen in a "pro" game make it a terrible spectator sport. that just might be flash's problem though.
Not even talking about the gameplay which I admit the same faults as others said. Its become more meta than WoW with very little variety to teams. You either fit in the comp well or you don't.

But the fact that you actually reach limits were you have to spend another 10$ or 30 hours of IP to get another rune page... so you can use runes you already paid for on top of champions you did. Its easy to accept the champions and runes, but this is a clear. You have to spend more money to be competitive or else you can't even get a rune page to play all subgroups of characters. Hence you aren't just at a hero selection disadvantage or maybe not as strong of a rune set. You are harmful to your team.

I'm sure they even rationalize it like, "You have to make the choice. More Heroes or Rune Pages!", but it really shouldn't even be a choice.

n0b

After trying a few more games of dominion, I am almost completely sure that Janna is the best character for dominion. Any team composition will benefit, and she can solo amazingly because of the even gold distribution.

Sophia

shintoki said:

Yup, I hit this problem so much. I have 3 pages, and have to make generic build all guides. A tank page, AP, and AD. Now I need a jungle page, and I'd like to make more specific ones for characters like Aki since she gets nothing from my Mana with AP.

The Rune System is by far the most unfriendly and cumbersome system in League. Even if we ignore the competitive nature of the game, it's still everything that's wrong with F2P summed up perfectly. The game would benefit vastly from a complete revamp of it. Failing that, it's removal

I vastly enjoy Dominion myself. It's everything bad about Summoner's Rift downplayed, if not outright removed, while keeping what makes MOBAs interesting. I do wish there was a 2v2 or 3v3 variant of it, however.

dimb

n0b said:
After trying a few more games of dominion, I am almost completely sure that Janna is the best character for dominion.
No, it's still Rammus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom