• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on how I have seen average to good players use them so far in dominion, I'd say my rankings would look something like this:

Broken tier -

Akali
Rammus
Gangplank
Leblanc
Lee Sin
Yorick

Top -

Tryndamere
Teemo
Kog'Maw
Kennen
Garen
Heimerdinger
Irelia
Pantheon
Twitch
Udyr
Swain
Brand
Jax
Shaco
Fiddlesticks
Talon

Good -

Warwick
Trundle
Singed
Renekton
Kassadin
Alistar
Amumu
Blitzcrank
Corki
Galio
Jarvan IV
Soraka
Master Yi
Morgana
Orianna
Poppy

Ok -

Sion
Shen
Rumble
Miss Fortune
Anivia
Ashe
Cassiopeia
Dr. Mundo
Janna
Karthus
Katarina
Malzahar
Maokai
Morde
Nasus
Nocturne
Olaf
Ryze
Tristana
Twisted Fate

Bad -

Sivir
Nunu
Malphite
Kayle
Ezreal
Caitlyn
Annie
Cho'gath

I left out anyone I haven't faced a competent player of yet and keep in mind this is purely opinion/specualtion.

Drkirby said:
I have seen people who do it anyway. They will ether always get the snowball items, or judge the team too soon.
this kass true snowball build worked out great, i played about 10 matches so far, I get 20 stacks everytime. the key is to get guardian angel right after you acquire snowball items. once you have guardian angel, people dont even bother to focus on you anymore unless everyone else on your team is dead.

Fjord

Ladyboy101 said:
evelynn is pretty good on dominion imo. she can easily ninja capture or interrupt enemy turrets. forcing people to stay on their turret.

I tried Eve yesterday, it was horrible. She can't 1v1 most of the top picks, she can't escape, she can't chase, she can't attack a turret, she can't defend a turret, she doesn't have particularly good mobility. I mean sure if I was facing bad opponents that wandered no man's land with low health, then I could clean up with eve or some win more snowball build.

Fjord said:
I tried Eve yesterday, it was horrible. She can't 1v1 most of the top picks, she can't escape, she can't chase, she can't attack a turret, she can't defend a turret, she doesn't have particularly good mobility. I mean sure if I was facing bad opponents that wandered no man's land with low health, then I could clean up with eve or some win more snowball build.
you are using her wrong. never use her as a defender. go capture points. do it when no one is around, you have stealth. she's a predator, predators never go after the strong and hard to capture meals. hide in the bush, and ambush when they are weak. after getting trinnity force and hextech gunblade you can hardly lose in 1v1 situation. remeber dont attack them face to face, go behind em and ambush.
s1qjwj.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambush_predator

Rayven

aka surume
Mister Wilhelm said:
Bad -

Sivir
Nunu
Malphite
Kayle
Ezreal
Caitlyn
Annie
Cho'gath
I know it's just speculation, but this list is pretty wrong.

Ez might be top tier. mobility, high damage, low cds, global ult

Cho, Kayle are very good.

Sivir, Malph, Cait, Annie are good and situationally, very good.

Sivir, Malph, Annie are built to blow up 3 people at a time. Hell, the three of them wander together is insta-death. Ez can move around the map at will and Kayle/Cho will defend for days.

Wrekt

I'm glad Wukong is free this week. Forums tell me he is useless but I did really well with him the last time he was on rotation. Tanky-dps is the one class that is filled with champs that don't appeal to me outside of Wukong.

I can pull positive scores out of Talon or Malzahar on Dominion but they are just too squishy for the way I want to play that map.

Mothman91

Played my first solo game with Cass... wow. She is pretty powerful at mid. I harass'd Vlad so much got 3 easy kills on him before I got ganked. She will probably be my next purchase unless the new hero looks good.

Mothman91 said:
Played my first solo game with Cass... wow. She is pretty powerful at mid. I harass'd Vlad so much got 3 easy kills on him before I got ganked. She will probably be my next purchase unless the new hero looks good.

I think she's one of the better mid champs but my only problem with her is you have to micro like a fucking monster to keep her dps at a good level.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'd personally put Poppy into broken tier, in good hands she's one of the most deadly champs in dominion.

faunatic

Neo Member
Question for all you LoL geniuses. Been playing Anivia on Dominion and mostly having a blast by alternating playing a defensive game at my turret and then assaulting turrets after I unlock my ult and push with minions. she's a real beast.

my problem is what items to get. I can't seem to figure out what to start with and what to build to. I really like leading off the fight with a catalyst, since the accelerated leveling keeps me topped up on health and mana through multiple skirmishes. But then I'm slower than everyone else and not doing much damage due to a lack of AP. And then building it into a rod of ages seems like it may not be a good idea since it hardly has time to grow into its full stats.

Do you guys think that its a necessity to go for boots right off the bat even if you're playing a defensive role? And how do people feel about catalyst rushing/RoA?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rayven said:
I know it's just speculation, but this list is pretty wrong.

Ez might be top tier. mobility, high damage, low cds, global ult

Cho, Kayle are very good.

Sivir, Malph, Cait, Annie are good and situationally, very good.
So you agree that Nunu is no good, right?

Entwain

I never post pictures, or rarely post to be honest but good grief at this one just now :(

ffssomeonepush.jpg

Passive players make me sad, oh lets wait around for 40 mins then all of us go back when twitch shows up to backdoor, oh and yi's on the otherside, lets all go there now! oi oi oi

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I had those games before.

Our Shaco refused to attack their end towers, he was an absolute pussy. We took out their inhibs 4-5 times, all 3 of em with the center and top one being taken out extra times.

But so many of the fights where 4v5 and our Shaco wouldn't push those final to towers. The one we got was after a losing fighting, going up there and getting one. A lux using Lich Bane to get one down alone with no minions. I was planning on the second, but we got wiped and lost in one push.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kog es #1 Dominion.

Right click win all day errday.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ferga said:
contemplating whether i should get knight amumu, rugged garen,acolyte lee sin or winged hussar xin
Is there really any doubt?

Anumu skin > all. He just has the most adorable skins.

except you never win. someone please give tekno some basic LoL lessons. thanks
so tired of carrying him, and he end up throwing 300 points away

"except you never win. someone please give tekno some basic LoL lessons. thanks
so tired of carrying him, and he end up throwing 300 points away"

#1 points on the team? vs #5 heimerdinger? Can't even defend against a single person while I'm soloing half their team? You couldn't carry a conversation.

Haly

Leb sucks unless you can land all of her shit 100% of the time.

Her cooldowns are way too long for the kind of hit and run tactics popular on Dominion.

Teknopathetic said:
"except you never win. someone please give tekno some basic LoL lessons. thanks
so tired of carrying him, and he end up throwing 300 points away"

#1 points on the team? vs #5 heimerdinger? Can't even defend against a single person while I'm soloing half their team? You couldn't carry a conversation.

I admit, this got me goin'.

"Her cooldowns are way too long for the kind of hit and run tactics popular on Dominion."

She cranks out so much damage and her ult is on such a short cooldown. She's pretty much always capable of dishing the pain.

Uchip

Banned
Halycon said:
Leb sucks unless you can land all of her shit 100% of the time.

Her cooldowns are way too long for the kind of hit and run tactics popular on Dominion.

what
her silence is targetable
if you miss that then you should stop playing

Haly

Uchip said:
what
her silence is targetable
if you miss that then you should stop playing
Her R is on a 24 second cooldown. She pretty much needs it to kill anyone because the other skill shots aren't as easy to land when people are purposely baiting you by running around randomly.

She's also useless in the first level 4 fights at top, or defending bot. Because the other guy can just push and hide behind creeps.

Vayne is amazing. Her only problem is that she can't really siege a point by herself like Kog can.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Halycon said:
Her R is on a 24 second cooldown.
24 seconds is nothing. Especially if you have CDR runes/items. Leblanc is indisputably one of the best champions on Dominion.

AcridMeat

Banned
PiRg7.jpg

Easily the most stressful game I've had. Tons of fun too, constantly 1v1 or 1v2. I capped the top when it was 11-22 and fortunately they came too late to the top.

Haly

24 seconds is nothing. Especially if you have CDR runes/items. Leblanc is indisputably one of the best champions on Dominion.
I've played two games as Leb, and one game against Leb. As Leb, I had a hard time killing the tanks because they got their items so fast. Against Leb, I just waited around for her to blow her load and then I waltzed in and melted her with Vayne. As far as I can tell, she has some of the same problems as she does on SR. Needs a lot of kills early to snowball (even more now because there's gold everywhere), lack of pushing/farming power when it becomes a 1v1 bot situation, and low sustained DPS, which is crippling in prolonged fights.

So, I'll believe it when I see it then.

(Moody show me your Leb :3)

Uchip

Banned
Halycon said:
Her R is on a 24 second cooldown. She pretty much needs it to kill anyone because the other skill shots aren't as easy to land when people are purposely baiting you by running around randomly.

She's also useless in the first level 4 fights at top, or defending bot. Because the other guy can just push and hide behind creeps.

Vayne is amazing. Her only problem is that she can't really siege a point by herself like Kog can.

Q > W is very strong too though
id say shes viable

Haly

Oh I'm not saying she isn't viable, I just think she still suffers from the same problems she did on SR.

Good when played well, absolutely horrible when not played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom