• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

I've been doing pretty good with Urgot on Dominion as well.

I had never played him on Summoner's Rift so I didn't know how it'd fare ... but I was throwing Noxian charges over walls and then ripping people up with his Q.

Blizzard

Banned
Einbroch said:
Rammus is straight up broken in Dominion.

I love it.
My problem is that I have trouble killing people if I'm defending a point alone and 2 or more people attack me. I can armor up, but magic damage or enough concentrated damage will kill me I think. If 3 or more people attack me, I feel like I will die trying to defend the point.

If I instead of defending by myself go to attack other points, that leaves the top point that I was holding, and it gets lost (probably for the rest of the game). I have had at least a couple of #1 Rammus games, but maybe if I were really good I'd be able to carry everyone better? It just seems like some people are hard to kill with him. I can kill terrible Ashe players but magic users or multiple enemies would be tough.

*edit*

Also, what usually happened with me as Rammus would be that I would race for the top point, start capping it just before Miss Fortune would get there, and then she would hit me with the slow. I don't remember if I would ever be able to do enough damage with the taunt/wheel/attacks to kill her, especially not if someone else was just behind her to help her. And I couldn't capture the tower by myself since she would shoot me from a distance, right?

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Rammus gets

Merc
Thorn
Odyn
FoN
Mog
Mog

You are now unable to be killed
How do you do damage with only thornmail to boost your AD? No guardian angel (I guess HP regen is better)? Do you have time in dominion to buy all those items?

Blizzard said:
How do you do damage with only thornmail to boost your AD?

You don't. You let the enemy kill themselves on your shield + thornmail.

No guardian angel (I guess HP regen is better)?

No, the massive amounts of health + thorn/FoN are better. You are the ultimate defender of points, the idea is to endure until the AD folk impale themselves on your armor and the casters either run out of mana or get blown up by your carry.

Do you have time in dominion to buy all those items?

Yes. I've seen a Rammus or two with two mogs.

The second mog is really for the lulz. Undying Rammus.

Wrekt

Blizzard said:
How do you do damage with only thornmail to boost your AD?

You burn people alive thanks to your thornmail and W. You are outlasting them, not blowing them up. Odyn will add a little burst once you absorb some magic damage as well.

No guardian angel (I guess HP regen is better)?

Yep

Do you have time in dominion to buy all those items?

Nope

Edit: Shit, beaten.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
Can anyone explain how does one play nidalee? I tried and fail horribly.
I haven't played her, but judging from annoying nidalees on other teams, apparently you throw lots of spears into bushes/into lanes/into champions, and do like 800 damage per hit.

*edit* Thanks for the Rammus suggestions. If he's 6300 I'll hold off, but otherwise it might be reasonable to get 5 of those items and basically just defend.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Played blind pick normals for the first time in awhile and holy shit does everyone have the worst attitude. Just hypercritical insults flying from your teammates and the dumbest taunting opponents who think getting fed by a single person with a really off game makes them a God or something. Really awful experience over multiple games today.

Cheeto

Blizzard said:
I haven't played her, but judging from annoying nidalees on other teams, apparently you throw lots of spears into bushes/into lanes/into champions, and do like 800 damage per hit.

*edit* Thanks for the Rammus suggestions. If he's 6300 I'll hold off, but otherwise it might be reasonable to get 5 of those items and basically just defend.
Rammus has been banned in 20 of the 20 dominion games I've played, fyi

Blizzard

Banned
Cheeto said:
Rammus has been banned in 20 of the 20 dominion games I've played, fyi
Sounds like I've found your problem, you're playing draft pick games! The problem with draft pick is that draft picking means you wait for 2 hours in the ban screen while people try to arrange bans, then time finally runs out and your team accidentally only bans one person because they couldn't find the champion they decided on, and then the game itself takes 15 minutes. =P

dimb

Dat Cass.

c4a10a5fd178aa985252123073975f252c954b74.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I don't pay too much mind to "most damage dealt" since I had someone on my team who farmed minions like crazy and wasn't able to do much else, getting them lots of damage dealt.

I think that "someone" was Kiunch and I'm almost certain they were playing AP Miss Fortune. That even got Southern Dragon raging by the end. XD

dimb

Blizzard said:
I don't pay too much mind to "most damage dealt" since I had someone on my team who farmed minions like crazy and wasn't able to do much else, getting them lots of damage dealt.
What? Farming minions is what enables you to do everything else. When other casters are doing 2/3rds the damage you did that's pretty significant.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
What? Farming minions is what enables you to do everything else. When other casters are doing 2/3rds the damage you did that's pretty significant.
The problem with Miss Fortune's case was that farming minions enabled her to build AP, and prevented her teammates from farming said minions to build anything that could actually do damage [to champions]. ;p

Swig_

SO.. umm.. why, as Shaco can the enemies see my boxes pretty much everywhere in Dominion?

I lay them in the fog of war and they see them. I lay them in bushes and they see them.

They don't have the eye icon so they didn't take oracles.. It's driving me crazy.

Blizzard

Banned
Kod1ak said:
SO.. umm.. why, as Shaco can the enemies see my boxes pretty much everywhere in Dominion?

I lay them in the fog of war and they see them. I lay them in bushes and they see them.

They don't have the eye icon so they didn't take oracles.. It's driving me crazy.
Towers can see invisible, and I think there's some new sword item, but that might give them the eye icon. I dunno.

I do have a Shaco and Teemo question, actually! Has anyone ever encountered a situation where Teemo is stealthed by boxes that Shaco places, and then the boxes go UNstealthed to target another enemy? Does the fear affect Teemo even though he's stealthed?

I'm almost convinced this happened to me. I had the poor judgment of sitting stealthed near the blue buff, in a bush to try to screw over Shaco's jungling. I think the boxes immediately feared and targeted ME once they went off for the blue golem, though, which of course made me go unstealthed and die instantly.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
03G1r.jpg

What the fuck is this shit? I just lost a game because my connection temporarily crapped out and I couldn't log back in.

edit:
ORSiy.png

I'm so fucking salty right now.

Somax

Also known as "every Naruto character mashed together".

Well... Let's just say I'm more curious about Xerath than about this one.

Dammit, I have a soft spot for the nine-tailed stuff. Vulpix -> Ninetails were a big reason for that (plus I like the word "fox") <3 Random, I know, but I'm already very interested.

Singed is the ultimate carry. Every game I solo queue with him goes exactly the same. Our team feeds for the first 20 minutes and loses a vote to surrender. Then I build up my resists and we roll a couple team fights and win the game.

Once you get to like 68% magic resist or 60% MR and a thornmail, the game is over. You slow their whole team, fling a few people, and generally cause mayhem and chaos.

Nothing is more depressing than winning in Dominion, only to lose because all your Tank/DPS teammates refused to stay top with you when you're support. I can defend pretty damn well as Lux sometimes, but not when I get three up there and all my teammates try to rush the enemy base. Sigh. I'm so annoyed.

Mister Wilhelm said:
Broken tier -

Akali
Rammus
Gangplank
Leblanc
Lee Sin
Yorick
Poppy
Kog'maw

Updating this.

Also, to whomever said Ezreal was really good in dom - you were right.

Concerning the Kog pick - with garrison he is insane at defending and pushing towers.

I am still not sold on Jax being OP.

Neki

AcridMeat said:
Does anyone have a build for Wukong? I found one on solomid but it doesn't really clarify when items should be bought.
I go sheen/brutalizer (brutalizer first if you get first blood or farming really well) -> triforce - > ghostblade -> banshee veil if necessary -> infinity edge -> blahblah

Neki

those builds a little weird, they're building him similar to a tanky dps in the vein of warwick, I treat him like a very mobile chaser/assassin.

AcridMeat

Banned
Ultimoo said:
those builds a little weird, they're building him similar to a tanky dps in the vein of warwick, I treat him like a very mobile chaser/assassin.

Yeah I figured I wanted to try the Tanky DPS, but I'll give yours a try. That said, what about Veigar?

Neki

AcridMeat said:
Yeah I figured I wanted to try the Tanky DPS, but I'll give yours a try. That said, what about Veigar?
two methods on Veigar, you can either rush a Deathcap or a Deathfire. I like the deathfire grasp rush better, but the deathcap rush is usually more accepted. After that, get items depending on the situation. Rylai's for health and cc, void staff for penetration, hourglass for defensive mechanism, abyssal sceptor to help negate incoming magic damage, archangel for massive mana increase + ap boost.

dimb

FlightOfHeaven said:
Veigar never gets an opportunity to build his damage.
During laning phase? I like Veigar, I've done well with him. I wouldn't play him during free Cass week though, because she will zone you out of farming hard.

Neki

FlightOfHeaven said:
I meant during Dominion. I'm dumb.

Veigar is AP Nasus. Can blow up the enemy AP carry with just R. Laugh as Dark Matter alone does 1000+.

some of us normal people still play summoner's rift.

real talk.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ninetailsfoxlady_thumb.jpg

Omg the new champion <33333

She’s going to be extremely agile and versatile, using her nine tails to maneuver in and out of combat with style and grace. She will also make use of her Fox Fire, where she will summon balls of fire which will seek out and destroy nearby enemies.

A caster with high mobility?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Uchip said:
I dont even know what you mean
ive thought about it, but i still cant make sense of it

hot girls with big fluffy tails
approved

I don't think she is furry enough for you, go back to Teemo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom