• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Wilhelm said:
Updating this.

Also, to whomever said Ezreal was really good in dom - you were right.

Concerning the Kog pick - with garrison he is insane at defending and pushing towers.

I am still not sold on Jax being OP.
what's the broken tier kog's build?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Teknopathetic said:
I'm not surprised to see any of the posters I've seen responding to the new champion the way they have.
She is going to play similar to Aki. Its that gut feeling, like the other new character sounding very close to Kog.

MultiCore

4 out of 5 on our team were Gaffers. Woo, GAF! I thought we were going to school but we showed them good!
5oCn9.png

Also, add me to the list of people interested in the new champ.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Archie said:
Holy shit TheRainMan is an obnoxious idiot. He makes HotShotGG look well mannered.
What'd he do? General rule of thumb is that LoL "pros" are all pretty despicable.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
He escaped a gank and was boasting about how good he is, then he got ganked ~2 minutes later and had a hissy fit. I subsequently closed the tab.

dimb

Archie said:
He escaped a gank and was boasting about how good he is, then he got ganked ~2 minutes later and had a hissy fit. I subsequently closed the tab.
Sounds like 99% of people who stream video games and try to be a character by acting like a dick.

Achtius

MultiCore said:
4 out of 5 on our team were Gaffers. Woo, GAF! I thought we were going to school but we showed them good!
5oCn9.png

Also, add me to the list of people interested in the new champ.

lol I just realize nidalee got two sheen for some reason o_O

Blizzard

Banned
Man, I'm sad I got online too late to catch that game. I approve of the Caitlyn score. I don't have enough time to play all the champions I want to!

Ladyboy101 said:
what's the broken tier kog's build?

Mister Wilhelm said:
Kog so good in dom

lolkogdomgame.png

This is what I do. Last item depends on the other team, usually don't end up completing.

Instead of promote I use garrison now, much better.

Also, I replace malady with wit's depending on if they have dangerous ap champs.

Most games I build...

1.) Berserker's Greaves + Dagger

2.) Malady

3.) Phantom Dancer

OP.) Wit's End (if facing AP champs)

4.) Black Cleaver

The game almost always ends before the fifth item, but I just get a vampiric scepter, which helps keep me from the base for the rest of the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It is so annoying to get killed on the first push in Dominion, because someone on the enemy team actually has flash. Who uses flash in Dominion!

As you can imagine, we easily won due to them having a person who used flash! And that they just weren't very good.

Also, it is odd to see Ramus without ghost on Dominion. No enemy Ramus, Ignite/Exhaust is doing it wrong.

dimb

Drkirby said:
It is so annoying to get killed on the first push in Dominion, because someone on the enemy team actually has flash. Who uses flash in Dominion!

As you can imagine, we easily won due to them having a person who used flash! And that they just weren't very good.

Also, it is odd to see Ramus without ghost on Dominion. No enemy Ramus, Ignite/Exhaust is doing it wrong.
Literally everyone should take Ghost on Dominion. There is no better summoner spell.

John

Drkirby said:
I"ve been packing ghost/flash as Fiddle, reasoning being that maneuverability is such a high priority in dominion. It's served me pretty well.

John said:
I"ve been packing ghost/flash as Fiddle, reasoning being that maneuverability is such a high priority in dominion. It's served me pretty well.
without flash, fiddle's ulti is semicrippled

Mister Wilhelm said:
This is what I do. Last item depends on the other team, usually don't end up completing.

Instead of promote I use garrison now, much better.

Also, I replace malady with wit's depending on if they have dangerous ap champs.

Most games I build...

1.) Berserker's Greaves + Dagger

2.) Malady

3.) Phantom Dancer

OP.) Wit's End (if facing AP champs)

4.) Black Cleaver

The game almost always ends before the fifth item, but I just get a vampiric scepter, which helps keep me from the base for the rest of the game.
thanks, gonna try it out

dimb

John said:
Fiddle is a potential exception to the Flash rule because his ult is somewhat reliant on it.

Uchip

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Fiddle is a potential exception to the Flash rule because his ult is somewhat reliant on it.

I dunno
on dominion he has a lot of places to jump out at you near capture points

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like to get Malady, Lightbringer (best item in the game), Kitae's Bloodrazor on Kog.

Somewhere in there I'll throw in a Sanguine or an Entropy depending on what I need.

dimb

Uchip said:
I dunno
on dominion he has a lot of places to jump out at you near capture points
I think it's really hard to jump out in Dominion. It is very easy to keep tabs on most of the enemy team because of how much sight you are given on the map. Flash on Fiddlesticks is also just as much about keeping up with the enemy to maximize your damage as it is to initiate.

Jenga

Banned
christ i hate nasus

if you aren't ranged ad you need constant jungle ganks to keep him from farming

not applying cc reduction to his wither is also bloody dumb

god help you if he has tele

farm farm farm, oh teamfight *tele* *wither* GG

Jenga

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
It may just be me but Talon and Lee Sin are just straight up broken atm.
talon's too squishy to be OP imo

lee sin gets away with a lot of shit but not too hard, when i lane against him i fight him like i fight blitz

just hide behind minions and smack him when he comes over to say hello

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nasus is just a beast. Riot should not have given the best slow in the game to the same person who has a 300+ damage modifier on a 4 second cooldown (Or 2.4 when CCR is counted in), and 20% built in life steal. He more or less has exhaust as a normal spell.

And thus, under his wise tutelage, we learn.

To be fair, it was a lot of stuff I already knew, but since I didn't have the Voice of Authority, no one listened. :(

Super effective, though!

We also won another one prior to that.

52club

Drkirby said:
Nasus is just a beast. Riot should not have given the best slow in the game to the same person who has a 300+ damage modifier on a 4 second cooldown (Or 2.4 when CCR is counted in), and 20% built in life steal. He more or less has exhaust as a normal spell.

Quiet yourself;) (as someone who is 10-3 in dominion using only Nasus)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Drkirby said:
Don't let him farm. There isn't a character more reliant on farm than Nasus. If you let him farm, its your fault.

Sneaking suspicion Aki is going to be getting hit with a Nerf soon. With both Dom and the appearance of many more I've been seeing. Looks like she is getting primed for one.

Halycon said:
I like to get Malady, Lightbringer (best item in the game), Kitae's Bloodrazor on Kog.

Somewhere in there I'll throw in a Sanguine or an Entropy depending on what I need.

I get lightbringer against eve or shaco but it's not as good against twitch.

For some reason I never seem to do enough damage with Kitae's. I always do better when I go for the phantom dancer. It might be because so many people stack armor instead of health in dom but for a 2,800g item it never carriers the weight it should.

Cheeto

Blizzard said:
Sounds like I've found your problem, you're playing draft pick games! The problem with draft pick is that draft picking means you wait for 2 hours in the ban screen while people try to arrange bans, then time finally runs out and your team accidentally only bans one person because they couldn't find the champion they decided on, and then the game itself takes 15 minutes. =P
Well I prefer draft to blindly guessing picks and losing the game at the champion select screen.

Blizzard

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
It may just be me but Talon and Lee Sin are just straight up broken atm.
In Dominion, or normal? Surely not in normal, they actually have to be controlled by good players to be strong (and potentially fed).

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
And thus, under his wise tutelage, we learn.
Under whose wise tutelage? Also, all the good Caitlyns seem to be getting bloodthirster first. I must finally do it myself instead of being sad because I can't get infinity edge in 20 minutes like someone said. *edit* RAWR DOUBLE POST

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
shintoki said:
Don't let him farm. There isn't a character more reliant on farm than Nasus. If you let him farm, its your fault.
He still has the best single target slow in the game, that might as well just be a delayed stun at max level.

Blizzard said:
Under whose wise tutelage? Also, all the good Caitlyns seem to be getting bloodthirster first. I must finally do it myself instead of being sad because I can't get infinity edge in 20 minutes like someone said. *edit* RAWR DOUBLE POST

Legato Reborn took pity on Electrastar's frustration and gave us all some pointers about how to play better.

It had an effect. We lost one last evening, but it was only because it was Electra's 3rd game as Cait and she was facing a Sivir bot (both sides had a Soraka). Sivir, in my opinion, can take Cait on really well, and if you don't know the match up you can get overwhelmed easily, which is what happened.

The other two, where I played my Cait and she Vlad, we won decisively. I'm still waiting on my champion pack so I can play Taric/Soraka for support purposes. Support isn't a popular pick, unfortunately.

Shout outs to Bind's majestic Warwick and Wuxtry's epic Taric.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Drkirby said:
He still has the best single target slow in the game, that might as well just be a delayed stun at max level.
That's because he has no jump, no stun, no movement speed burst, no reduction to CC, no defensive boost, etc. He has the best single target slow for a reason, because he has nothing else. He relies solely on the farm to stay competitive.

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Legato Reborn took pity on Electrastar's frustration and gave us all some pointers about how to play better.
Do you mind sharing these pointers or are there too many to list? :p Pretty please!

Blizzard said:
Do you mind sharing these pointers or are there too many to list? :p Pretty please!

Stuff we all know but need a Voice of Authority to actually put into practice.

Top: Self-sustaining champ
Mid: AP range burst
Bot: AD range + Support
Jungle: Must have ability to gank.

Focus on farm, not on harassment as AD Carry
If you are up by 1-2 champions, do not go back to base to buy. Gather up and press the advantage by getting buffs, dragon, or towers.
Tanks must communicate initiation (the game we lost reached the point of no return when our Malphite ulted without telling us; we got one of them, they killed the tank and proceded to chase)
AD carry must position intelligently, balancing an aggressive stance with safe distancing

And so on.

Edit:

I apologize for tooting my own horn, but a lot of this stuff I already knew and/or had told her, but I lacked Voice of Authority for her (and others) to listen. Sorting out champion picks and lanes before we even get in queue makes a difference.

Playing a couple of games with him and watching Dreamhack to learn Caitlyn play took me from -45~ to -3<->0

A lot of it is just coordination and purpose. My problem, which I stated earlier, is that I'd win the lane as Cait and take the tower, then I'd proceed to rush the other lanes.

And there I'd run out of steam because there was no driving force behind the team. We just sat there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom