• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocho

FlightOfHeaven said:
Yes, but she doesn't heal.

So my folk and I don't really care.

Oh man, you're gonna go far with that mentality. All support are situational, and many times Janna can be the best choice. She doesn't heal, but heal will not be needed when your AD carry gets carried to heaven.

EDIT: Also, her ultimate heals. I have used it countless time to heal my teammates for that extra push effort.

bjaelke

Janna is a beast of a support. Her shield can be used both offensively (Added damage) or defensively (block skill shots), giving the carry more survivability to farm/harass. Her ultimate not only heals, it can also separate the enemy team much like Trundle's Pillar of Filth.
Halycon said:
It's AntiFun™.

Although back then, no one actually jungled so I don't think if it's been tested before. I remember old Poppy guides saying she can solo Dragon/Baron so I assume that jungle Poppy must've been viable too.
I think that was a bug. Someone claimed that they had soloed dragon at level 1 but it got a hot fix. Now I doubt she can even solo at Rammus' speed. Blizzard, if you have any success in the jungle, please let me know. Been meaning to test her out for some time.

Guys, I'm not saying she's bad, or that she's not the best. She may very well be the best. I recognize that.

But I don't care for her. I know of all her advantages.

Blizzard

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Guys, I'm not saying she's bad, or that she's not the best. She may very well be the best. I recognize that.

But I don't care for her. I know of all her advantages.
Well if you don't care for her so much, why don't you NOT MARRY HER ALREADY

(Also, I'll try a Poppy jungle game or two tonight and report the results)

Anyone planning on getting Xerath when he comes out next Tuesday?

He seems pretty interesting in that he can bunker down for increased range and gets armor from AP.

If his increased range is anything like Kog'Maw's, I imagine people will be hiding in bushes a lot and blasting people from afar.

IsayFever

PoorFate said:

He seems pretty interesting in that he can bunker down for increased range and gets armor from AP.

If his increased range is anything like Kog'Maw's, I imagine people will be hiding in bushes a lot and blasting people from afar.

I'll probably pick him up, his skill set is pretty similar to my favourite dota hero

Macattk15

PoorFate said:

Day 1 for me. Got the 6300 IP just chillin'.

IsayFever said:
I'll probably pick him up, his skill set is pretty similar to my favourite dota hero

Who's that? Also, I, too, am interested in this new champion. I've liked a lot of the recent ones thus far.

The best, always, is JARVAN.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius is correct. Lux is squishy and shoots from a distance. Udyr is ugly and melees enemies.

I'm also interested in the new champion though I am scared to spend 6300 without trying him first. It sounds like EVERYONE ON NEOGAFS will be buying him immediately though, so it will be a race to pick him first. :'(

Achtius

Blizzard said:
Achtius is correct. Lux is squishy and shoots from a distance. Udyr is ugly and melees enemies.

I'm also interested in the new champion though I am scared to spend 6300 without trying him first. It sounds like EVERYONE ON NEOGAFS will be buying him immediately though, so it will be a race to pick him first. :'(

That happened with Riven, who i still think is a bad champ. :D

Hiro thinks Kayle is a bad champ so whenever I use Kayle, he threaten to use Riven. XD

Macattk15

I only do not own Talon, Teemo, Sona, Urgot and Leona. I have a problem with buying champs whether they stink or not.

I've spent way too much money on this "free" game also.

I'm interested in the new champ, but I have a hard time justifying 6300 IP on a character I've never tried. Especially when I only own 10 champions.

Macattk15

FlightOfHeaven said:
How much time have you spent on it?

Oh. A ton of time. I've probably gotten more out of the game than I have paid into it ... just saying though. I've spent my fair share of $$$ on skins and champs haha.

To be clear, I don't regret it, was just stating where I was at.

IsayFever

Decided to unlock Wukong today after playing him some yesterday. I think I got it down
ZCktv.jpg

Neki

can only play dominion now. SR is still too much farming and too passive for me. I usually get my dota fix by playing HoN now. dominion is just non stop mindless action, yaaaaaaaay!

markot

Banned
They need to speed up the original mode, it even 'feels' slow compared to Hon >.< I dont know.

But yeah, they should try to make the matches last 30ish minutes imo >.>

markot said:
They need to speed up the original mode, it even 'feels' slow compared to Hon >.< I dont know.

But yeah, they should try to make the matches last 30ish minutes imo >.>

I disagree. The longer games are always the best. Now we have two different ways to play and they should remain as different as possible.

IsayFever

FlightOfHeaven said:
But Isay, haven't you heard the consensus that WuKong is merely average?

I could see him falling off into the super late game, but his damage output + that ult just seems so insane

Jenga

Banned
IsayFever said:
I could see him falling off into the super late game, but his damage output + that ult just seems so insane
then you play garen and can do the same thing at level 1 and more often only without knockup

Hero

Achtius said:
That happened with Riven, who i still think is a bad champ. :D

Hiro thinks Kayle is a bad champ so whenever I use Kayle, he threaten to use Riven. XD

I might just decide to start using someone even worse like Skarner.

IsayFever

Jenga said:
then you play garen and can do the same thing at level 1 and more often only without knockup

I like Garen don't get me wrong, but I think Wukong wins the spin to win war just due to the knockup

Achtius

FlightOfHeaven said:
I was going to look up WuKong's Ultimate damage output when I realized Riot doesn't even have him on the official website.

WTF?

he's just that bad

but it's :
Cooldown: 120 / 105 / 90 seconds
Physical Damage Per Half Second: 10 / 55 / 100 (+0.6 per attack damage)

IsayFever

FlightOfHeaven said:
I was going to look up WuKong's Ultimate damage output when I realized Riot doesn't even have him on the official website.

WTF?

weird, none of the past 5 champs are on their site

AcridMeat

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
The bird makes for some great DPS btu she's fragile. Galio is an underrated tank but that's mainly because there are a few that really outclass him.

Who would you recommend as a tank?

Regarding Wukong, I've been trying him out. Last time I played him I didn't have a great build but was still something like 15/6 in an inter bot game and people were bitching at me. That put me off playing him a bit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Spawncamping seems to be very effective against idiots. I kept a mundo stuck going in and out of spawn as Heimerdinger for a good 3 or 4 minutes. Wasn't till 3 of them came to the bottom right point that they actually got me off.

If you can lock down the enemy spawn in Dominion it is pretty much good game unless they can make a come back. Even then you should have a significant point advantage with having all 5 control points.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Riot's official datasebase is dated/bugged in a lot of places. I don't think they even know it exists anymore.

Ark

I wouldn't be surprised if Riot employees turned up to work one day and the office block wasn't even there because they'd 'misplaced' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom