• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaLiancY

Son of Godzilla said:
Seriously *seriously* in love with Blitz. I've been trying to fill my magic pene book for ages, but looks like that's going on hold till I can buy him.

"I'm behind a wall and creeps. No way Blitz can get me"

And then people fail to realize the rocket grab doesn't come from his center mass.

I've been stuck in the selection mode for 5min waiting for it to start from the "Preparing to Start" screen. I'm trying to convince someone else to queue dodge.

Plissken

Managed to get in long enough to buy Vladimir and play a game with him. We got stomped, but I think he's going to be a solid champ. The blood pool ability didn't seem nearly as OP in game as it did in the spotlight video, but that could just be my inability to play the character properly.

KePoW

Banned
I'm stuck at 0% downloading the patch in the Launcher right now. It sounds like it's not just something wrong with my computer?

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
KePoW said:
I'm stuck at 0% downloading the patch in the Launcher right now. It sounds like it's not just something wrong with my computer?
I can't even get the LoL website to load anymore. I'm thinking it must be something going on on their end.

Macattk15

Kyoufu said:
You know the new champion is OP when he buys 3 mana pots and goes 7/0 :(

Pretty shitty team you had then.

I just played a game where I ended up having more health than Cho'gath (over 4k) and I was getting my fair amount of kills but I was only like 7/4/15.

He definitely feels more tank/support than DPS.

He is NOWHERE near as bad as Xin was (and I still think he is).

caromelo

Fjord said:
Why would you want to open with an ignite? I see this as having almost no effect on them except that sloppy players will miss out on a little bit of crit damage if they pop a spell early.

I didn't say to open with Ignite, but rather that previously players could use those summoner spells and not break stealth. You can't do that anymore with stealth characters which is the point I was making.

Macattk15

I've won every game I've played as Vladimir.

Last game ended with me at 4.7k HP and 307AP? With a spammable 220hp drain-heal attack. Wtf? So funny.

bluemax

Banned
Xin nerf was pretty heavy, I ran into a group of 3 dudes with low health that pre nerf would've been a triple kill and instead I died.

I did manage to force a rage quit after a triple kill in another match however.

Tetsuo9

I played a game with shaco just before the game went down and jesus christ, nerfed to the ground. Your fear makes the golem retreat so you can not safely get it at lvl 1. Decieve has a longer CD now and died many times I jumped into the fight, also hallucination is a lot worse now.

It was nice to know you shaco, but you just got Riot'ed, tf has a new friend.

Blackface

Banned
Tetsuo9 said:
I played a game with shaco just before the game went down and jesus christ, nerfed to the ground. Your fear makes the golem retreat so you can not safely get it at lvl 1. Decieve has a longer CD now and died many times I jumped into the fight, also hallucination is a lot worse now.

It was nice to know you shaco, but you just got Riot'ed, tf has a new friend.

Meh he was OP. It honestly doesn't sound like he is terrible now. It sounds like he is balanced.

I'm depressed.

For the love of god, tell me this is out for Mac. I threw away my WC3 disks, and from the posts in this thread I'm getting the feeling that this is the DotA fix I haven't had in nearly 5 years.

bluemax

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm depressed.

For the love of god, tell me this is out for Mac. I threw away my WC3 disks, and from the posts in this thread I'm getting the feeling that this is the DotA fix I haven't had in nearly 5 years.

They said it was coming to Mac at some point but I haven't heard anything on that in months.

Bossman

FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm depressed.

You can always play some Heroes of Newerth.

Xater

FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm depressed.

Play it in bootcamp like me. The game is totally awesome and I like it more than DotA or HoN. Also theMac clien tis coming this summer. There was a official press release in March. I just googled it.

Tried out Vladimir today. Totally fun champion to play. He is bit weak at the beginning but later on he becomes a beast. It so fun to wear the enemies down and then bloodpool under them to kill 2 or 3 champions. :D

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm depressed.

Well, if you still have your keys, you can always add WC3 to your account at Battle.net and download the client there (600mb).

Kyoufu

roflvlad.jpg

This guy was in our team at first but someone dodged, then he appeared on the opposing team, thank god! :lol

Xater

Now I am playing Vlad a bit different. Mostly powring up Q and E and W just for escaping in the beginning. Then I get that west which increases cast and win. You can basically heal yourself ever 2 second.

Macattk15

Xater said:
Now I am playing Vlad a bit different. Mostly powring up Q and E and W just for escaping in the beginning. Then I get that west which increases cast and win. You can basically heal yourself ever 2 second.

Been going spirit visage, boots of choice, rylai's, warmog's, void stick thing, soul warden / sunfire / rod of ages (something that provides a good deal of hp).

The last game I played with him last night I ended up around 300ap and 4.6k hp.

But yeah I power up Q first, then E, get 1 level of W @ level 2 and then not again until the very end, ult whenever i can.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they say vladimier is a tank when it looks like his best spell makes him untargetable? Everything about him makes him sound like a mundo, but with better team fight and arguably better survivability. Still cant wait to play him tonight.

"Why would they say vladimier is a tank when it looks like his best spell makes him untargetable?"

I wouldn't really call that his best spell at all. It's a good escape tool, but it costs 20% of your health and has a (relatively) long cooldown. It's not something you use in combat unless you're sure you can get the kill with it. The reason they call him a tank is because there's no downside to stacking health with him. You can get a ton of HP and AP at the same time without sacrifice.

Xater

If you want to try out a specific champion you should proably do that now. At least for all champs are unlocked right now. :lol

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Xater said:
If you want to try out a specific champion you should proably do that now. At least for all champs are unlocked right now. :lol

Mistake on Riot's part or intentional?

Kyoufu

Xater said:

Doesn't let me pick any champions I haven't unlocked :/

Wes

venison crêpe
Just went 24-5 as Veigar against a premade.

They called me a smurf :( I told them I started playing LoL at the weekend but they just left :lol

Xater

Shrinnan said:
Mistake on Riot's part or intentional?

Mistake I guess. This happened for me after they took down the store.

Anyway, I returned to playing Xin Zhao. He fits my playstyle more than Vladimir. Has Anyone un locked Pantheon and can tell me if will also enjoy him? Then he will be the unlock I will be working towards.

Pantheon used to be one the strongest early game heroes but ate a big nerf recently.

Pantheon is all about burst physical damage. Typical laning looks is last hitting while harassing with spear shot. Then when your mark is low enough, you stun them, heart-seek strike and ignite. (nowadays you may be manastarved though)

Typical panth items are -
brutalizer->Gblade (HSS has a long cooldown without it)
banshees veil or GAngel cause you are squishy as fuck
sword of the occult cause Panth is big on the early game snowballing
blood thirsters because HSS dmg is based off of your attk damage.

He is really strong with Janna (early game her shield will make you hit so hard) and Shen (x2 global teleports means enemy ganks can quickly turn)

Xater

Eh guess I'll look into someone else to unlock once I have enough points. Xin Zhao still seems to be quite good despite the nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom