• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

So I jumped on my smurf account since all the champions are free. Tried vlad out.....

o4eOF.jpg

Mejai and Leviathan full stacks = gg

Blackface said:
Anyone know a good build for Jax? I am messing with him and I love his playstyle.

What I go:

- Lifesteal Scepter (might seem like a bad first choice, but really Jax has no survivability early game, so sit back and last hit. Only way you get kills early game is with a lane partner that has good stun like Annie).
- Boots (I tend to get Ninja Tabi, but you can judge what you need on your own depending on the game)
- Brutalizer (good early game item, that you can come back to and make into Ghostblade later)
- Guinsoo's Rage Blade (the necessary item for any good Jax player)

From here on you can go a number of different ways:

- Guardian Angel or Banshee's if you need more survivability.
- Arma's Impaler is good, but better as the last item you buy.
- Phantom Dancer is a good all around item for Jax.
- Trinity Force is an amazing item for him, but it costs a shit ton, so only buy in very long games.
- Build that Lifesteal Scepter into Blood Thirster.
- Build Brutalizer into Ghostblade (I think that's what it's called off the top of my head).

A few good tips, you can use your Leap Strike on your own creeps to escape. Go Leap Strike, Empower, Counter-Attack, Leap Strike, Leap Strike, Relentless Assault for the first 6 lvls. Be very passive early game, only go for last hits on creep. It's best to lane with a ranged hero that can harass the other heroes in your lane so you can farm.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I know, we're finally able to log on and now we can't queue up. Riot is toying with us! On a side note, you should be ashamed of yourself smurf!

oxrock said:
I know, we're finally able to log on and now we can't queue up. Riot is toying with us! On a side note, you should be ashamed of yourself smurf!
Really, this game needs notices for when its actually up and working instead of when its down. :lol

Blackface

Banned
Just a bunch of arranged players on their alt accounts farming solo que now. Why Riot allows grouped people to play in the SOLO que I will never know.

Blackface said:
Just a bunch of arranged players on their alt accounts farming solo que now. Why Riot allows grouped people to play in the SOLO que I will never know.
Yeah a lot of this bullshit and the servers is making me really which I could pick up HON. Don't get me wrong, as retarded as Riot and LOL are I love it too much to quit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man Vlad is so fun, I want to buy him but I'm afraid he's going to get the nerf bat.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Lag is so terrible this evening. Every game I've been in has had a period of time where it is unplayable. Oh well, at least I can try out different heroes and stuff. Amunu is pretty fun. He reminds me of Gauntlet in HoN.

Joule

Blackface said:
None of the IP I earn is being credited to my account. Hopefully it's a server issue.

I just got some IP from a couple games I had a little earlier just now. Perhaps a logging off then on again will update the IP?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I went 14/3/7 with Taric on my first try and we still lost because the rest of my team was functionally retarded. I really hate this game sometimes.

eznark

Banned
Archie said:
What happened?
Just an annoying fool who lost a match for the team all the while bitching that our tanks were late in /all chat. We were cruising, with no need to push ever. Defense followed by counters and we had pretty much wiped them out. Then this Heimer decides to start rushing mid and screaming that we weren't following. Foolish tactics I can live with, but being an absolute ass about it just grates on me. Just an annoying match to end the night on.

Xater

FlightOfHeaven said:
Hello!

I am very interested in this game. Any chances it'll be ported to mac?

Didn't yu ask the same question like 3 days ago?

Anyway, for some reason I thought it mgiht be fun to try out Veigar and well it is fun. So now I don#t know if I should play him or Xin Zhao. :lol

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Now I can't log into the game. I was hoping to do an all day marathon and get a few thousand IP. This game is really good, but the stability leaves much to be desired.

eznark

Banned
I think they tried doing this before and their servers were troubled all weekend so they extended it a day or two. Not positive though.

Xater said:
Didn't yu ask the same question like 3 days ago?

Anyway, for some reason I thought it mgiht be fun to try out Veigar and well it is fun. So now I don#t know if I should play him or Xin Zhao. :lol

I find every new hero I try is really fun. So just try out all of them.

Haly

Akali is amazingly fun, like katarina but less generally useful and more omg steamroll or omg feed.

Halycon said:
Akali is amazingly fun, like katarina but less generally useful and more omg steamroll or omg feed.

She is a great snowball champ. If she gets one or two kills without dying in the laning phase she becomes really powerful fast. I almost always see people get stacks with her because of that.

Kyoufu

thestopsign said:
She is a great snowball champ. If she gets one or two kills without dying in the laning phase she becomes really powerful fast. I almost always see people get stacks with her because of that.

Yup. First item I build with her is Mejai's Soulstealer. If you get a decent number of stacks the game is yours for the taking.

8x372f.jpg

One of my best games so far (I am monkyofdoom on there) We were struggling early game but we rolled them late game. I am getting pretty good with Master Yi.
Yes I know that the MS on screen keyboards covers up the bottom of the screen, give me a break I am using a Mac keyboard :p

sohois

San7v.png

Had one of my longest games earlier, must of gone beyond 70 minutes eventually. Victory was all the sweeter since their teemo was a right cocky jerk. Twas also the first time i played Nasus as a pure tank, which worked out pretty well in the end.

Haly

Kyoufu said:
Yup. First item I build with her is Mejai's Soulstealer. If you get a decent number of stacks the game is yours for the taking.
I dislike snowball items because I'm too aggressive for my own good.

Tetsuo9

Halycon said:
I also dislike them cause they only work in mid elo. If you play high elo you will get focused. And if you end up sitting on 4-8 stacks then it's not worth it.

But for akali is a good item to have, as many AP items also give mana and you dont need it. But I think I would rather start with a guise.

Axiom

Having never played anything DOTA before, I can see why people do. I played with the black Mage at first and was getting destroyed, i could never get the stun to actually stun and just ended up dead at the hands of Gambit guy and whirling desert ninja. However had a much better time with Annie.

The mastery system seems self explanatory, but I'm running rather clueless when it comes to the store upgrades and anything resembling a strat.
Want to find an Optimus Prime Shaman champion to combine my current two multiplayer loves

Kyoufu

Halycon said:

So am I. I'm far too heroic for my own good, but you see.... The greater the risk, the greater the reward!

sohois

Axiom said:
Having never played anything DOTA before, I can see why people do. I played with the black Mage at first and was getting destroyed, i could never get the stun to actually stun and just ended up dead at the hands of Gambit guy and whirling desert ninja. However had a much better time with Annie.

The mastery system seems self explanatory, but I'm running rather clueless when it comes to the store upgrades and anything resembling a strat.
Want to find an Optimus Prime Shaman champion to combine my current two multiplayer loves

By store upgrades i presume you mean runes? If so, you really don't need to worry about them until you can get the better runes from level 20 onwards.

As for developing a strategy, my advice would be to play all the different heroes available, even if you already think annie or someon will be your main. It's worth getting used to all the different champ types and the items they use, firstly in case you're better suited to another champ, and secondly because half of being a good player in LoL is knowing what the other players champs are going to be able to do so you can counter them.

Been playing Morgana and Zilean a lot today. I've won all but one game (I think I'm 7-1 today, shows you how much of a life I have I guess :lol ). I think in general you are better off going support or tank than go straight carry for your team. It seems to help other people out a lot more who are maybe not as skilled.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Veigar is pretty beastly, and playing him has shown that I am waaaaay to defensive when playing these games. No wonder I tend to stick to support.

Haly

Tetsuo9 said:
I also dislike them cause they only work in mid elo. If you play high elo you will get focused. And if you end up sitting on 4-8 stacks then it's not worth it.

But for akali is a good item to have, as many AP items also give mana and you dont need it. But I think I would rather start with a guise.
Actually all the snowball items gain cost efficiency at 4-8 stacks.

Case in point the highest I've stacked a snowball item is 17 on my smurf.

Question, how I duo queue? I have a friend who watched me play LoL a lot and recently started getting into it. She's okay but obviously new so smurfs just feed off her. We played one game in arranged where everyone except her was a smurf. So, how do I get into solo ladder with a friend? I know it's possible but I can't find how to do it. Did Riot remove it>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom