• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Uchip said:
kind of a weak patch i guess
The game has perfect balance, it must be hard coming up with superficial changes to keep players on their toes.

MultiCore

All GAF, All the time, baby.
Pwning n00bs like a baws.

Edit: I stand corrected. Only mostly GAF.
scYDR.jpg

IsayFever

Uchip said:
wtf? did the game end in 10 minutes or something
so few KDA

They kept abandoning turrets after taking damage and falling back to the next one. We just kept pushing them up with little resistance

Blizzard

Banned
I tried a custom map with poppy jungling, but I really can't see it working very well. With runes you can kinda kill monsters, but her abilities and stats just don't seem to ramp up fast enough. I tried the skull staff, but maybe armor and 5 red sodas would work better. I also want to try at least one game with rammus jungling and 100% red sodas, no armor.

I think I might get Alistair next. Dominated in a dominion game. Champs who usually give me trouble like Yi or Vayne couldn't really do anything against his CC. His ultimate also makes you last for a long time, which is great.

dimb

PoorFate said:
I think I might get Alistair next. Dominated in a dominion game. Champs who usually give me trouble like Yi or Vayne couldn't really do anything against his CC. His ultimate also makes you last for a long time, which is great.
He is the only super powered support champion that it is respectable to play as. Mostly because he actually takes a modicum of skill.

rac

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
She's fun to play as, and a very strong champion, but you should know going in that she is probably the most difficult champion to play in the game.

If you buy her play AD Anivia at least once. For me.
Anivia is so easy.

Use your q, detonate it on the opponent to do double the damage and stun. Drop down ultimate followed by your e. If they're still alive ignite and two auto attacks. Your enemy is now dead. cya

edit: also if the ignite+two auto attacks doesn't kill your enemy quit playing anivia.

bjaelke

Gez said:
It's cause DOTA2 is approaching. If DOTA2 wasn't coming we would have 12600IP champs by now.
I don't think it's a counter to DOTA2. They've been reducing IP prices on some of the older champions for quite some time. Stuff like Dominion and public testing on the other hand, that might be to retain the player base from change to DOTA2.

I'm also certain that 6300 is the selfimposed price limited that has been there from the launch. I remember buying Twitch at launch...still waiting for that stealth rework.

dimb

rac said:
Anivia is so easy.

Use your q, detonate it on the opponent to do double the damage and stun. Drop down ultimate followed by your e. If they're still alive ignite and two auto attacks. Your enemy is now dead. cya
She is a billion times harder to play than other AP carries with super stuns like Brand, Annie, Morgana, etc. because her Q can be tricky to land as a slow moving skill shot. The window for her Frostbite to do bonus damage can also be small, particularly in the early game. And then you have her wall, which is one of the most difficult spells to use in the game correctly because of how much of an impact it can have on the map.

rac

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
She is a billion times harder to play than other AP carries with super stuns like Brand, Annie, Morgana, etc. because her Q can be tricky to land as a slow moving skill shot. The window for her Frostbite to do bonus damage can also be small, particularly in the early game. And then you have her wall, which is one of the most difficult spells to use in the game correctly because of how much of an impact it can have on the map.
Her wall should only be used to troll your teammates because when you pick anivia it is an auto win. ez

dimb

rac said:
Her wall should only be used to troll your teammates because when you pick anivia it is an auto win. ez
You aren't trolling them. You are protecting them from the dangers of the outside world.

rac

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
You aren't trolling them. You are protecting them from the dangers of the outside world.
You aren't protecting them. You are serving them up to the other team on a silver platter. Then they will understand that only you can save them.

Dance In My Blood said:

I just played a couple games with her. She doesn't qualify as a carry at all since her abilities do not stack well with AP. She's a beast at mid because of the range on flash frost and her egg (which makes her unkillable in mid lane at the start of the game).

We didn't have anyone tanking, so it was difficult on me, but I like her skill set. The only other range I play is Veigar, and she is kind of the opposite of him (he scales well with AP but has poor range) so I like what I've seen so far, even if I have not played particularly well. I'm pretty bad at any character besides Singed anyway. :(

caromelo

He was my favourite champion since pre season one.

Later on, he become FotM with the Malphite meta because the range on his Q was so long that he could harrass freely and win the lane from there. Once he hit 6 your enemy would be low enough to ult/combo and kill.

With the range nerf with Q and his passive, Malphite now has to trade when he uses shards. You can still stomp against less experienced players but good players will know to pressure malphite especially when his passive is down.

In team fights, when Malphite ults and combos, he has nothing else to do but wait for cooldowns. Those who build pure armor are easily ignored as he does no damage.

Best tanks in my opinion currently are Cho'Gath, Galio, Udyr, Lee Sin and Alistar

markot

Banned
Drkirby said:
Well I used IP for Jarvan, though ive never played him >_<; but people seemed keen on him.

And I only bought the $35 buck RP pack, and still have some left over after buying a few skins and a champ pack!

bjaelke

CrazedProfessional said:
Malphite is fun, why is he the least used tank? Who are the best tanks for that matter?
Malphite lacks a bit in the laning phase compared to other tanks and his jungle is really slow. You're right though, he's fun to play, but his abilities are easily matched by some of the other champions. Just think about Alistar's ground slam - it has a much lower cooldown and works similarly.

Amumu is the most popular tank right now because of his bandage toss and ultimate. Someone post a great chart (picture) on the LoL forum comparing the different tanks. Can't find it right now, but will post it here if I come across it again!

bjaelke

I'm getting so tired of all these Eastern Europeans that insist on using Cyrillic in chat. Just finished a game where I laned with heal Olaf even though I was support Alistar
KuGsj.gif
We told him to take ghost instead (the other summoner spell was ignite), but his response was in Cyrillic letters...
caromelo said:
This is the simple tank guide (perhaps outdated):
http://i.imgur.com/nbYy2.jpg

I don't agree with them all but its helpful.
That's the one, yes. Slightly outdated but it gives a somewhat correct description of the different tanks. For some reason they have Jarvan in there but not Alistar.

Wrekt

If you are looking for a tank, play the underrated as fuck Galio
against AP heavy teams.

Galio1.PNG

Yes, on my 2nd back at 19 minutes I had enough gold to finish a Guardian Angel. No, that's not something you jump straight into. We were just destroying them and I went full troll build. They surrendered shortly after.

god i hate premade faggs. fuck em riot need to make premade only able to play with premade. not even 2 is alowed in solo.
fuck support plus carry gay boddies laning together,

Card Boy

Banned
Ladyboy101 said:
god i hate premade faggs. fuck em riot need to make premade only able to play with premade. not even 2 is alowed in solo.
youalreadydead.jpg

Its being nice knowing you.

BJK

Ark said:
It's funny because it's true.

For a minute, I thought I could prop myself up as the exception, since I haven't spent RP on anything.

...then I reminded myself that I only have RP because I bought the Champions Edition of the game when it was going on clearance (good deal for $20 @ Best Buy...especially since you get half of that back in RP; and nice to have a range of characters to choose from when you're starting out).

...then I reminded myself that I bought PC Gamer last month for the Caitlyn + skin unlock code.

Hi, my name is BJK, and I have a self-discipline problem.

Ladyboy101 said:

Protip:

Don't rage on Neogaf

Archie said:
I've spent $35 on champ packs and will inevitably spend another $20 on the rune page bundle.

That rune page bundle is a load of horseshit.. My friend got it back when it was only like 5 dollars.

It's such a dick tactic, even for them

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Lead Based Paint said:
That rune page bundle is a load of horseshit.. My friend got it back when it was only like 5 dollars.

I let them have it earlier, such a load of shit. Even charging 5 dollars for it is shit. 6300ip or 20bucks, just to use runes you already purchased.

Have to say, I'm really hoping I can get into DOTA2.0 soon. The meta game has really started to take its tool, Dreamhack was a knife in the back. Its become as static as WoW is.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Lead Based Paint said:

I agree, buuuuuut I hate having to spend 5 minutes changing my rune loadout if I want to play something other thank tanky deeps, hard support or Akali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom